Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 161

Author Topic: Marooned in Morrowind (FINISHED)  (Read 403670 times)

LordBucket

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Marooned in Morrowind, a suggestion game
« Reply #270 on: June 12, 2013, 03:46:00 pm »

Posting to correct a couple misunderstandings:

We don't have hitpoints. A chitin axe wouldn't kill any PC or NPC in one hit,
but the guy hacked us in the chest and we bled out.

You do have hit points. Health has been a known stat since Episode 14. It's listed on the stats page and you currently have 39/40. It was not a chitin axe. It was a dwemer war axe, and it took two hits to kill you, not one. You were simply knocked down after the first hit. Though looking at it now, it appears that episode 18 incorrectly reports  it as a dwemer battleaxe, when it was actually a dwemer waraxe. Sorry. I'll correct that when I post the next update. The chitin axe you're thinking of is probably the one you considered buying in Episode 16.

Incidentally, I didn't just make up the two-hit-kill. I have an in-game Michael with stats set via the console, and yes...Thenelas has a dwemer war axe (chop damage 1-24 and I assume npcs get strength bonuses to damage) and he killed you in two hits. The first hit removed about 60% of your hp bar. In fact I had to replay the fight a couple times in order to get screenshots because he killed you so fast. It wasn't a two-hit-kill on every playthrough. Sometimes it was as many as four, but I went with the results of the first playthrough for the official story update.

Train spears and raise endurance. No matter what else we do, raising our endurance
(and thus our hit points) will help us survive, spears do this.

"The game" is not running the vanilla Morrowind skill and levelup system. Others have deduced this from observed behavior, and I confirmed it here. I'm not planning on giving spoilers on how it works, but I will point out that if you check the stats page you can see that Michael has gained 1.5 points of agility and .2 endurance despite the fact that none of the skills you've gained would give either of those attributes in vanilla. If you want to focus on a particular weapon or activity, that's fine. But I advise against assuming that skills correlate to attributes in the same way as they do in vanilla. Because they don't.

Try to make our strength stat a known value, or figure out what our "carry limit" is.

Your strength is a known value, and has been since Episode 7, though the values of all stats were adjusted between episodes 13 and 14 for reasons  described here, and consequently I recommend ignoring any stats or gains reported before that, as they no loner reflect the system currently in use. Your current strength is 21.5. You can see known stats and their current values on the stats page. Your carrying limit is (strength * 5) = 107.5 pounds. Note that it was established in Episode 3 that volume is also a factor for carrying capacity.

Next update should be up tonight.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: June 12, 2013, 04:07:09 pm »

It is my personal belief that CHIM is either complete BS or a joke/easteregg, as it is mentioned exactly once in all the lore (in a book written by a lying false god, no less). For some reason, however, everyone takes it as definitively proven gospel on how the world of TES works.

Also, I think that's a bit of an overreaction. Let's just see whether we're dealing with someone of this world or if it's someone from our world playing the game.

I'm a bit late on this, but...

It's also mentioned in the Mythic Dawn Commentaries book 3 in Oblivion:

Quote from: Mankar Camoran
CHIM. Those who know it can reshape the land. Witness the home of the Red King Once Jungled.

Which is referring to Tiber Septim using CHIM to reshape Cyrodiil into a generic fantasyland; this is also mentioned by Heimskr in Skyrim, quoting from this Kirkbride text. "I breathe now, in royalty" means "I now use CHIM"; CHIM is the syllable of royalty.

Also, one of the Black Books in Dragonborn seems to be about CHIM:

Quote from: Waking Dreams of A Starless Sky
The eyes, once bleached by falling stars of utmost revelation, will forever see the faint insight drawn by the overwhelming question, as only the True Enquiry shapes the edge of thought. The rest is vulgar fiction, attempts to impose order on the consensus mantlings of an uncaring godhead. First,

To be fair, however, Camoran is insane, Tiber Septim is also part of the enantiomorphic god-oversoul called Talos and Vivec also achieved godhood through the Heart of Lorkhan. All first-hand sources on CHIM are from those who have achieved godhood in other ways.

Also, about the easter-egg thing: there is quite a bit of lore that is made of jokes about bugs in Redguard. Just because it's a joke doesn't mean it's not valid.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2013, 04:14:29 pm by Putnam »

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: June 12, 2013, 08:35:39 pm »

No, but just because it's mentioned doesn't mean it is valid, either. TES Lore is an enigma. And I seriously doubt that Nirn is the Matrix, as the popular CHIM theory goes (aka people realizing they're in a game get access to the construction set.)

My bad on the axe, I just know someone in that bar has a chitin axe. Dunmer with piercings and mohawks seem to often carry them, after all.
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

ShoesandHats

• Bay Watcher
  • Shoes cancels Drink: Intensified by Penguin Man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: June 12, 2013, 10:00:38 pm »

I very much enjoy the Elder Scrolls series, but haven't had the pleasure of playing Morrowind to any significant degree. Still! I'll do things!

Assuming there's a fighter's guild in Balmora, head over there and see if they offer any basic combat training. How to dodge a swing, and return it, stuff like that. Besides, some exercise would do us good. Won't exactly be able to lift a greatsword without a bit of muscle, will we?

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: June 12, 2013, 10:02:06 pm »

No, but just because it's mentioned doesn't mean it is valid, either. TES Lore is an enigma.

It's also used to explain a few circumstances that are usually unexplainable otherwise.

And I seriously doubt that Nirn is the Matrix, as the popular CHIM theory goes (aka people realizing they're in a game get access to the construction set.)

Yeah, that's total bullshit. The "Matrix" thing, not what you're saying. It's about being a dream and blah-blah it's literally zen buddhism. It's realizing that boundaries are meaningless and all that jazz, with the twist that you still have to love yourself (and, thus, everything else because everything is you).
« Last Edit: June 12, 2013, 11:55:52 pm by Putnam »

Jarod Cain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: June 12, 2013, 11:26:15 pm »

Posting to correct a couple misunderstandings:

Ok my bad, I had noticed that but it didn't click. Thanks.

I think overall my statement that we need to raise our stats overall with the intent of being able to survive in the wilds, stands.
-J-
-Self Proclaimed Constitutional Monarch of Utah-
-Card carrying Ambassador of Bad People Territories-
Paddledwork

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: June 13, 2013, 12:09:27 am »

I very much enjoy the Elder Scrolls series, but haven't had the pleasure of playing Morrowind to any significant degree. Still! I'll do things!

Assuming there's a fighter's guild in Balmora, head over there and see if they offer any basic combat training. How to dodge a swing, and return it, stuff like that. Besides, some exercise would do us good. Won't exactly be able to lift a greatsword without a bit of muscle, will we?

Oh they do offer basic training, but we don't have the cash.
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

LordBucket

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: June 13, 2013, 05:46:48 am »

Episode 19: Some discussion. The Return to Seyda Neen. On to Gnisis, Fort Darius and the Imperial Legion

you died. That's valuable experience.

: "Wait, what? I died? When?"

try to remember what happened before you died.

: "Just now? I don't remember dying. I came to the shop because one of you suggested I buy a staff. Didn't find one, but I picked up an axe and it felt...well, there was that sensation of deja vua. Just like when I left the Balmora--wait, Balmora? Did I die once before? Because if I've died before and you guys are only now telling me about it...that's not cool. Seriously not cool."

let's find out what Mike's goal is. Does he want to forget about his vague past, explore Vvardenfell, and become rich and
powerful? Or does he want to go home? Or both, trying to take his gains with him? What he decides is what we do.

: "Well, since we're on the subject, I think my preference would be not dying. Dying is scary. Even if I don't remember it. If I really did die like you guys say, I'm probably going to have to spend the rest of my life now wondering if I'm the real me or just a copy."

If we can preserve memories between lives, we can afford to take some more risks. If, also, this is our only save,
then we could get some kind of Majora's Mask loop going, see how far we can screw causality before someone notices.

: "That's seriously creepy. You want me to deliberately die so that we can remember stuff from what will become the future after I hopefully come back to what we're assuming is a previous save? No thanks. There's a My Little Pony fanfic that uses that premise. Hard Reset. Twilight gets stuck in a time loop and dying is what sends her back to the beginning of the loop. Once she gets used to the idea she goes completely insane and starts doing things letting her friends get eaten by changelings because it doesn't matter and bashing her brains against walls out to die faster to get to the next loop...all sorts of crazy stuff. I don't want that to be me.

From a more practical point of view...I don't remember dying. Maybe you guys do, but answer me honestly: do you remember saving? Do you remember loading? Do you? Because if you don't, then you don't really know what happened, or why, do you? So...hypothetical question: what if, next time, the save happens after I die? And I then go off and get myself killed just because you people, all sitting safe and sound wherever you're beaming thoughts into my head from, decide on your own that it's worth your time for me to 'take more risks.' So I die, a save happens...and then what? Or what if it isn't a save/load mechanism at all? Remember what Vivec said about observing a bunch of realities? If you guys got me killed, how much you want to bet that somewhere out there there's a reality where I'm just dead? And now you're talking about 'taking risks' and having me die again just because there's some other reality out there where you didn't get me killed? Even if there are a million other mes in other realities, that doesn't mean I'm going to start casually killing them off just because it's convenient for me in this reality. That could take a nosedive real quick."

So Mike, what'll it be?

: "I guess it comes down to two questions: can I go back home, and do I want to? I don't have an answer. What about you guys? If you were you the ones here in Morrowind, would you want to give up your life back home and stay here? Maybe you would, maybe you wouldn't, but I bet it would depend a lot of the circumstances of your stay. For example, if Dagoth Ur wins and every living thing in Tamriel gets to either be a corprus monster or dead...I bet you'd probably rather go home. But on the other hand, if you could be rich and famous and powerful and cast spells and have your own castle and servants and a harem full of sexy dunmer chicks... even if you have it pretty nice at home, you might consider staying. That's about where I am. I don't know if my life that I kind of remember back home was great or not, but whether I want to give it up or not depend a lot on what my alternative is.

Honestly? Going home and spending three more years in college just to get a job and stuff doesn't sound that great compared to being a rich, famous, awesome, world-saving hero. But I'd much rather go home than end up as a corprus monster."

Lets try the Imperial Cult religion path. Or maybe the Tribunal one.
Decide if we want to join the Tribunal Temple
either the Imperial Cult or the Tribunal

: "Hmm. I have no strong opinions on that. Sounds like you guys don't either. Though I wonder at the theological implications. I mean, the Tribunal is Almalexia, Sotha Sil and Vivec, and the Temple worships them right? But I've already met Vivec. He seems like a decent guy. Patient, helpful...though maybe a bit too literal-minded. But having met a god, having chatted with him...how do you go from that to worshipping him? What about Almalexia? She goes crazy and aren't we supposed to kill her? What about Sotha Sil? He gets killed by Almalexia shortly before we kill her. Or whomever ends up being the Nerevarine kills her. They all die, except for Vivec who just kind of disappears, and Vivec admitted himself that he's mortal now, so he probably dies too. Even if I just pay lip service, it might be a bit odd being part of the religious group that worships beings I have this kind of knowledge of.

As for the Imperial cult, I'm not as familiar with the Aedra, but as I understand it they're daedra that were part of the original creation of the world, and by virtue of that...they're no longer available as discrete entities. For example, we can talk to Azura. We can talk to Sheogorath. I don't think we can talk to Kynareth or Mara. I guess in a way that makes them more 'god like' but at least Vivec, I know he's real.

I think I'd rather be a god than worship them. Back home that would have made me crazy, but here that's a real thing, right? All we have to do is do whatever Vivec and everyone did with the Heart of Lorkhan, right? Exactly what Dagoth Ur is doing now. You guys asked me earlier what I want? Well...becoming a god sounds pretty good to me. I know that we're supposed to destroy the Heart, but maybe we can find an alternative. And if we can, then probably Vivec won't need to die, and Almalexia won't go crazy, and with Vivec still living Baar Dau won't fall, and a whole massive chain of bad things might be avoidable. And even if it does still all go bad, being a god sounds pretty awesome doesn't it? Heh...I can see it now. Lessons with Michael, sermon 1: a virgin sacrifice a day keeps the angry god away, just skip the killing them part. Yeah, I could deal with that."

"Anyway, I think we have a lot to do between now and then, and a lot of questions to answer still."

I go back to my suggestions of going to Fort Darius
the Legion?
let's go try to join the legion.
Seriously, let's go up to the recruiter
Not that I'm still not supporting this idea, though, because maybe they will help us.
the Legion's always looking for new recruits.

: "Ok. Fort Darius it is."

You head to the silt strider and...

Oh. That's going to be a problem. We need to go to Seyda Neen to get to Gnisis to get to Fort Darius. Well, one step at a time then: on to Seyda Neen.

By the time you arrive, it's morning, and Darvame greets you.

: "Hello, sera. Welcome back to Seyda Neen. Are you here to stay or just passing through?"

: "Actually I was hoping to get to Fort Darius. You can take me to Gnisis, right?"

Yeah, that's a problem. Wait...what was it the voices in your head were saying after you left Seyda Neen the first time?

Ascend the lighthouse, swipe the skill book inside, read it, then sell it at the merchant.
lighthouse
we could have looted the lighthouse.

Hmm. Ok. Better late than never, right?

Athletics skill is now 8

You head for the lighthouse, stopping by Fargoth's tree stump on the way. Still empty, just like last time you checked. As you approach the lighthouse you notice some mushrooms near the water and you stop for some quick gathering. Carefully taking only the useful part this time, you manage to scavenge 12 units worth of Luminous Rusella. You open the door to the lighthouse, but someone from inside yanks the door the rest of the way open before you finish opening it. There's a look of hope on her face, but once she sees that you're not whomever she expected you to be, her gaze sinks sullenly to the ground.

: "Yes, outlander?"

It looks like she's been crying recently.

: "Oh. Hi. I'm just here to...ummm, enjoy the view. I figure Seyda Neen must be very scenic from up there."

: "Yes. It is pretty. I would show you, but...please excuse me. I've had some very bad news recently, and I'd really just like to be alone right now."

You silently nod, and head up the stairs to begin your looting spree.

Unfortunately, all you find is some bread on a piece of paper, a pewter mug, a bottle of greef, two barrels and a book titled "the Wraith's Wedding Dowry." You open up the book and read the first page. You don't feel any different. Shrugging, you continue looting, but both barrels are empty. You step outside the door and climb to the top of the lighthouse. You'd thought there was some extra loot out here, but all you find is a big bulky lantern that you decide to pass on. After taking a moment to admire the view, you return downstairs, say goodbye to the girl and head to Arille's tradehouse, idly wondering whether the girl you just robbed will remember you. Given the general intelligence of npcs so far, you wouldn't count on her forgetting about your visit.

Now, before we sell loot is there anything we need to do?

Turn off the cellphone.
Remember that: New reagent knowledge: saltrice [1]Restore endurance
Try saltrice, see if it does again
Retrieve walking stick.
Turn off phone
-Re-get walking stick

: "Isn't saltrice restore health? Hmm. I guess it's easy enough to check."

You turn off your cellphone, grab a decently sized fallen branch from a nearby tree and pull the twigs off of it, then pull out your reagents and begin taste-testing.

New reagent knowledge: saltrice [1]Restore endurance

Huh. Ok, guess reagents are different. Since we're doing this, may as well check the kwama cuttle.

New reagent knowledge: kwama cuttle [1]Restore health
Healed 39/40 --> 40/40 health

Well, that's convenient. Now, what about the Luminous Russula?

New reagent knowledge: luminous russula [1]Paralysis

: "..."

Time passes.

: "..."

More time passes. Until eventually,

: "...ggggaahhh!"

Whew. Lucky you did that in town. Fortunately the effect passes, and after stretching a bit you feel good to go. You head to Arille's tradehouse.

: "Hi, Arille. I learned alchemy. How much will you give me for these 11 scrapes of Luminous Russula, this nice pewter mug, and a piece of paper?"

: "4 gold."

: "What, seriously? Will you do 5?"

: "Sure."

That's not nearly enough. You hesitate, but decide to sell the book too.

: "How much for this nice book? It's really great. Your customers will love it. It's also tells time, is magically enchanted to make you stronger, and it emits an odor that's a natural aphrodisiac, so that any woman who smells you will fall madly in love with you. Really. Oh, and it's a good story."

Mercantile skill is now 4

: "80 gold."

: "Will you do 82?"

: "Sure."

That helps, but it's not going to last long. Sooner or later you're really going to need to find a more permanent solution to this money problem. Picking up random stuff and selling it isn't going to work forever. ...actually, since gold is a problem and since you're at the tradehouse anyway, you may as well talk to Hrisskar upstairs. Thing is, though...you're pretty sure one of the people upstairs is a Blades spy, and his whole reason for being here is to keep an eye on people passing through Seyda Neen. You're not sure you want Caius to know about you just yet. But on the other hand, you're dressed inconspicuously, and you kind of really need the money. So you go upstairs and talk to Hrisskar.

: "You look like you could use a friend, outlander. Perhaps I can be your friend. I'd like you to help me recover some gold."

Wow. That's remarkably straightforward.

: "You have my ears, friend. Gold, you say?"

: "Absolutely. That sounds great."

: "Excellent. I'm not sure where he goes, but I know he wanders around at night. The best view is from the lighthouse. Climb the top and watch him. I'm sure that way you'll be able to find where he's hiding his gold."

: "Out of curiosity, if you know all this, why are you telling me rather than simply watching him yourself?"

: "I'm a Nord. This is a bar. I have some important drinking to do."

: "Also, what's stopping me from just taking the loot and leaving town?"

: "Let's be friends, outlander. You wouldn't like me when I'm angry."

: "I see. Well, I'm not promising anything. There are plenty of places he could be hiding his money that I wouldn't be able to see from the lighthouse. Or maybe he's just poorer than you think. But if I find anything, I'll let you know."

Hrisskar goes back to his drinking and you immediately head outside and check the stump again. Still nothing. It's possible you need to actually wait for dark like Hrisskar says. Come to think of it, even in-game there was nothing in the stump until Fargoth went to hide his things there. This quest is only like 100 gold. That's a lot of money right now, but do you really want to just stand around waiting until nightfall?

Yeah, you're not doing that. Odds re decent you'll end up heading back this way later anyway. If it's dark, you can check the stump then. You head back to the silt strider.

: "Hello again. All ready?"

: "Yes."

A few Morrowind-hours pass, and you arrive in Gnisis. It's nice to have blue skies. It was awfully dreary for a while there.

You ask the Gnisis strider driver for directions to the Fort and he points you towards the center of the city and says to turn right. You head in that direction.

...oh, there's a familiar sight. That's the entrance to Arvs Drelen. Baladas Demnevanni lives here. You consider that for a moment, trying to think of some way to benefit from talking to him, but nothing comes immediately to mind. Also, there's at least one hostile rat, and possibly a daedroth that you'd have to get past in order to see him. The daedroth is non-hostile in-game, but...still kind of scary thinking about simply walking past a demon with teeth the size of your fingers. You also don't remember if any of the doors are locked, but figure they probably are.

When you reach the middle of town you see the Imperial-style castle architecture of the fort, and immediately go inside.

Funny thing though...seems like everyone here is an orc. The stench is...well, it's actually not awful. But it's definitely different. You know it's the smell of sweat, but it doesn't quite smell like you remember sweat smelling. Eventually you give up and ask one of the orcs for directions.

: "Excuse me, I'm looking for-"

: "A good time? You've come to the right place."

The orc...you're think it's a she...is looking you up and down and licking her tusks. For an uncomfortble moment, part of you suspects it might be because she's hungry and thinks you look edible.

: "Actually, I'm looking for General Darius."

: "What for? He's not into little boys like you."

: "...I'd like to join the Legion."

: "Oh? Good. We need more...meat around here."

On second thought, maybe her thinking you look delicious wouldn't be so bad. Time to get out of here.

: "You know what, I think I'll just find him on my own. Thanks."

You hastily leave the orc barracks, and remember that there are two barracks in town...one for imperials, one for orcs. Something about tension between the two. Why the orcs got the imperial-style building and the imperials got the dunmer-style building, you never quite figured out. Walking to the other barracks, it doesn't take you long to flag down an actual imperial, imperial guard.

: "Well met, citizen."

: "Hello. I'd like to speak with General Darius."

: "Regarding?"

: "I'd like to join the Legion."

: "Ahh. Come with me."

The legionnaire leads you away from the barracks and back towards the center of town. Oh, that's right. The General himself isn't in the fort at all. He's downstairs in the Gnisis tradehouse...for reasons that you don't think were ever explained. Although your recent conversation with an orc gives you some fuel for speculation. Anyway, all the extra running around is good training, and eventually you manage to talk to General Darius, who is pacing the room while reading over some paperwork.

Acrobatics is now 16
Athletics is now 9

: "Yes?"

: "New recruit for you, sir."

: "Oh? Very good. Thank you trooper. Dismissed."

The patrolman leaves, and the general walks over to looks you over.

: "So, you'd like to join the Imperial Legion?"

: "Maybe, sir. I was hoping you could tell me a little more about it."

: "Best career decision a young man like yourself could make. Trust me. I know. We'll train you to fight, put some meat on your bones, equip you with high-quality imperial armor, and on top of all that we'll pay you 100 septims a month and give you one square meal every week."

: "That sounds really good. How do we start?"

: "First off, recruit, you'll be put through a training regiment to put some meat on you. I don't think I've ever seen an applicant as skinny as you. Standard induction is four weeks, during which you learn proper command etiquette, how to march, the basics of weapon and armor use, and the like. After basic, you'll be assigned a patrol. We follow a five days on, two days off rotation. Pay and rations begin accumulating at the end of your first successful patrol week, and can be requisitioned from your assigned quartermaster. Standard patrol assignment lasts one month, after which you'll be reassigned to a new patrol based on seniority. Enlistment is for one year, with the option to renew at year-end."

: "Wait, so you're saying that if I join the legion, I'll seriously be patrolling roads and things for 5 days a week for the next year?"

: "This is the Legion, son. What did you expect? We're our Emperor's army, but this is peacetime, and when we're not on the march we serve primarily as a garrison force and to keep the citizenry safe. Morrowind is a quiet province. Most of your foes will be cliff racers, guar, and the occasional criminal. It's also our responsibility to protect trade and local government functions, so we do maintain a full platoon in Ebonheart to provide security for the Duke and the East Empire Company. But that's a highly desired post. A new recruit like yourself is most likely to be assigned fortress duty here in Gnisis."

: "Really? I had a...friend, he was in the Legion and the way he described it, he pretty did his own thing, but would come to the fort from time to time to be assigned missions, which he then did on his own time in his own way."

: "Probably either an officer on detached duty or an operative. That kind of assignment is extremely rare, but it does happen occasionally that highly decorated officers will be assigned to combat specific threats: cults, vampires, etc. So how about it, son? Are you ready to join the Imperial Legion?"

start looking for quests for Mike.

: "Do you have anything more quest-like?"

The General frowns and raises one eyebrow.

: "You fancy yourself an adventurer?"

: "Well, I was thinking about getting into that line of work, yes."

He shrugs dismissively and goes back to looking at paperwork.

: "Champion Larrius Varro at Fort Moonmoth keeps sending me reports about a road bandit near Hla Oad. There's a 100 gold bounty on his head. But honestly son, I've seen your type before. Bought yourself a little poker and funny hat and think you can take on the world. If you go out and try to stop that outlaw, you're going to get yourself killed. My advice is to join the legion, let us make a man out of you, teach you how to fight and how to not get killed, and then after a year you can hunt down outlaws."

Spoiler: stats (click to show/hide)

What do you do?

Supercharazad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: June 13, 2013, 05:58:06 am »

Join the legion. Also screw home, let's make it our goal to become a god.

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: June 13, 2013, 07:30:27 am »

let join up and spend our pay on better weapons and armor.
we still get 2 days to spend doing our own thing.
Agree, plus that's about the LAST thing *I* want to see from this kind of game - author spending valuable development time on useless graphics.

Unofficial slogan of Bay 12 Games.  

Death to the false emperor a warhammer40k SG

Kanil

• Bay Watcher
  • [T_WORD:PILLAR:kanil]
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: June 13, 2013, 08:47:48 am »

A good way to make money would be to buy some magical scrolls and kill wealthy people no one will miss. Scrolls of elemental burst do damage in a wide radius, and there's about 7 Telvanni outside Tel Branora that Therana (or rather, her lackey) will pay you good money to eliminate. It shouldn't take more than three to freeze them all, getting you access to all their armor. One carries a glass staff that should be reasonably transportable and worth a few thousand gold, not to mention their bounty.

Getting money for the scrolls might be tricky, but the guards don't seem to mind you rummaging through the crates scattered throughout Balmora, and that can yield a decent amount of potions and other valuables. The biggest concern would be dying, of course. It's pretty easy to use three scrolls in rapid succession when time freezes while you rummage around your pack... I suspect that won't happen here. Maybe hold them all in one hand and shout "Crush your enemies!" three times fast? How's your aim?
Yah, it sounds like minecraft with content, you have obviously missed the point, people dont like content, they like different coloured blocks.
Seems to work fine with my copy. As soon as I loaded the human caravan came by and the world burst into fire.

ShoesandHats

• Bay Watcher
  • Shoes cancels Drink: Intensified by Penguin Man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: June 13, 2013, 09:17:58 am »

Well, by a year, does he mean in Morrowind time? If so, it wouldn't necessarily be such a bad idea to join them, except of course the fact that that still gives the PC quite a lot of time to do whatever she wants.

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: June 13, 2013, 09:43:40 am »

Hell no to joining the legion.  Do you have any idea how badly the PC could screw up Morrowind in that time?  Michael made a promise to Vivec to try to save and protect Morrowind, and the only threat more dangerous than Dagoth Ur is the would-be Nerevarine.  We need to figure out another way of making money quickly so that we can afford private trainers, because the PC has dozens of advantages against us anyway.  It seems to be the case that she is still working under video-game rules, which means she's having a much easier time of it.

If we want to stop her, we need to move fast.  I suggest trying to get the drop on that bandit, but we might need a cunning plan to make it happen.  Can anyone think of a way to swing the odds in our favour killing him?
Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

No slaughtering every man, woman and child we see just to teleport to the moon.

Mictlantecuhtli

• Bay Watcher
  • Grinning God of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: June 13, 2013, 11:31:49 am »

No idea why I posted my last post, heh. Guess we're randomly jumping into way harder quests and spending money going from town to town. Good luck with that!
I am surrounded by flesh and bone, I am a temple of living. Maybe I'll maybe my life away.

Santorum leaves a bad taste in my mouth,
Card-carrying Liberaltarian

Man of Paper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: June 13, 2013, 12:18:59 pm »

I say we join the Legion. While a year is indeed a lot of time for the PC to dick up everything, we have very few options in the way of steady pay with minimal risk. And with our knowledge of future events, perhaps we can make "suggestions" to our superior officer once we get into it. And I'm sure we'll all be able to come up with plans of action should we need to lead some men.

Plus we can use the time to familiarize ourselves with the mechanics of MorrowReal as well as make some allies that could possibly travel with us once we're out of the Legion.
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 161