Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 46 47 [48] 49 50 ... 161

Author Topic: Marooned in Morrowind (FINISHED)  (Read 408100 times)

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
Re: Marooned in Morrowind, a suggestion game
« Reply #705 on: July 07, 2013, 07:33:57 pm »

Yes. We'll need a raft, or waterwalking, because those are slaughterfish infested waters on the way to that island. But that is later.

EDIT: the corprus creatures aren't really that hard to avoid. They're all lame corprus, and the ones in the central chamber are passive. Plus, it wasn't that the potion worked because of Nerevarine status, it's just that the Nerevarine was the first test subject of the successful potion. But again, that's for later. We can't be sure Divayth's found the right potion until after he's tested it on the Nerevarine.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2013, 07:40:29 pm by HugoLuman »
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Man of Paper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #706 on: July 07, 2013, 08:14:00 pm »

And we don't even know who that could be, as we have multiple possible PCs.

We need to figure out if multiple PCs exist in MorrowReal at once (we've seen a couple possible ones, but have we seen them at the same time? I don't think we have, but I could be forgetting something), figure out who all the PC's are, or as many as we can, and get surveillance going on them. Once we have some influence we should also post a sentry at Seyda Neen to keep us up to date on any new arrivals so we don't have PCs slipping through the cracks. But this is another later objective.

Maybe all the failed Nerevarines were PCs who got abandoned? It'd really make a lot of sense as to how we'd have multiple PCs in the same game. I mean, how many characters have we all made? How many times have we beaten the game? I've never actually beaten Morrowind, and I've been playing on and off for a few years now. That's a lot of characters left without their Player guidance. Same with Skyrim. And Oblivion was beaten only once.

I don't know if I asked this before, but would any of these possible PCs remind Mike of characters he's created? If he got sucked into his game, then maybe these are various characters he's abandoned along the way. Does anyone else in his household play his Morrowind? If not, then that's the best explanation I have for the existence of the PCs.

Taking the above into account, then Mike could actually be the chosen one. In which case woah, he knows kung-fu.

ShoesandHats

• Bay Watcher
  • Shoes cancels Drink: Intensified by Penguin Man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #707 on: July 07, 2013, 08:22:31 pm »

Taking the above into account, then Mike could actually be the chosen one. In which case woah, he knows kung-fu.

Well, considering he was born on a certain day, albeit not under a constellation, to certain parents, unless he's an orphan or something and we just don't know, that's already one of the prophecies shot down. So, he's probably not the Nerevarine.

Man of Paper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #708 on: July 07, 2013, 09:44:33 pm »

Unless you consider his arrival in MorrowReal as a rebirth. That's a massive stretch, but it seems like something Vivec would approve of, and may not actually be that far off, considering:

First Trial: On a certain day, to uncertain parents, incarnate moon and star reborn.

Also of note, if you ask him of his parentage and wish to trace it back through MorrowReal, then Mike will have no parents, or at least none that can be identified. So within the universe, he actually fits that very well.

EDIT: And didn't Mike mention not being able to remember his family or something? His real memories have been mentioned as slipping a bit, regardless. So parhaps at this very moment his parentage is uncertain even to him.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2013, 09:50:13 pm by Man of Paper »

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #709 on: July 07, 2013, 10:58:05 pm »

But his birthdate, while certain, is not in the format expected of a native to Tamriel.

Man of Paper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #710 on: July 07, 2013, 11:55:51 pm »

Yet the prophesy never states where the Nerevarine is born, the only thing that's largely understood is that they will not be a native of Morrowind. And as I understand, the certain day is never specified, so even if we were to say "It has to be the Tamrielic calendar" then we can convert time measurements using what we already know about the time differential and the Tamrielic calendar to get the proper date that way. Unless Mike ages at an accelerated rate to match the time, in which case we can just count back the days until we get the date.

Could be wrong in my knowledge though, furthest I got in the story was trying to unite the Houses, so I may not be understanding a lot.

The13thRonin

• Bay Watcher
  • Profession: Handsome Rogue
    • View Profile
« Reply #711 on: July 08, 2013, 12:38:47 am »

Invent automatic rifle.

Use automatic rifle to subjugate local populations.

Become king of Morrowind.

Edit: Is this dead? It's been a lot of pages since last update.
I'm Digging Deeper... AGAIN... You Should Too!

Dig Deeper DIAMOND - 750+ items of new content including; new plants, new creatures, new metals, new woods, new gems, new stones, new crafts and much, much more.

LordBucket

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #712 on: July 08, 2013, 12:44:32 am »

Episode 31: Show some cards, and get a big clue. But what does it mean?

grab the scroll, and the standard health potion
gear up, take our health potion, soul gems and empty bottle and head on out.

You're carrying the divine intervention scroll Strillian made for you, but if you're going into combat, having that healing potion might help a lot. You rush to your bunk and grab it from your bag. While you're there you also grab your soul gems and the empty bottle. You're not sure what use they'll be, but they don't take up much space. You toss it all in your inner coinpurse. It occurs to you that if it weren't for the leather skirt of your cuirass, the long crystals would probably visible through your pants. You make a mental note to avoid a certain orc woman for the time being.

Before we go, spill to the General our intel about Ascended Sleepers.
Talk to the Champion, tell him we have heard
share basic info on what they are.
If our squad leader is the highest ranking member we can inform, so be it - at the very least, inform them.
Talk to Strillian
Tell him about the ascended sleeper and what it is and what it is capable of
inform the Champion of the Ascended Sleepers combat abilities
inform Strillian
Inform the highest authorities in the Legion of what we know about the ascended sleepers.
I'm for explaining.

You head for the stairs. You're not sure who you're going to talk to, but by Celestia you're going to talk to somebody.  Fortunately the 'who' problem resolves itself.

It seems that General Darius is still outside, talking to a legionnaire while another waits patiently for the chance to speak to him too. You go over to where they're standing and make yourself known. The General looks at you briefly, then resumes his discussion. The orc is explaining that he wants to be assigned to Fort Moonmoth next month, but only if he can be assured to get his present assignment back afterwards. It seems terribly unimportant given the gravity of your situation, and after a minute or so you start feeling stressed at having to wait.

: "Excuse me, General?"

"Wait your turn, Recruit."

You brood silently. Darius wasn't the one who gave the order to be at the strider in 5 minutes. It's possible he has no idea that you're short on time. Or it might be that he knows, and he's making you wait anyway. Another minute passes and you feel a tap on the shoulder of your armor. It's Strillian.

: "I was sent me to retrieve you. You'd better have a good reason for not being at the silt strider right now."

Spells Known by ascended sleeper:
25-75 pts melee
Dagoth's Bosom - Drain Fatigue 20 pts for 30s on Target
Fire Storm - Fire Damage 1-10 pts in 10ft for 10s on Target
Frost Storm - Frost Damage 1-10 pts in 10ft for 10s on Target
Paralysis - Paralyze for 5s on Touch
Shockball - Shock Damage 2-40 pts in 10ft on Target
Ash-chancre blight disease - Drain Personality 20-40 pts
Ash-Woe Blight blight disease - Drain Intelligence & Willpower 20-40 pts
Black-Heart Blight blight disease - Drain Strength & Endurance 20-40 pts
Chanthrax Blight blight disease - Drain Agility & Speed 20-40 pts

: "...yeah. Actually, I do. I know what the slug creature is in charge of the attack on Khuul. It's a sixth house elite unit. It's probably strong enough to kill every one of us. The General needs to know about this."

Strillian raises an eyebrow but says nothing. After a moment he falls into line with you.

: "You're not going to drag me back to the strider?"

He shrugs.

: "Failing to appear as ordered is a lousy way to begin your first day on active duty. But the legion isn't stupid. I've never heard of anyone being punished for disobeying orders...provided that once the dust settled it turned out to be the right tactical decision. Just make sure you're right about this, Recruit."

: "Yeah."

: "Plus, I don't really want to die."

You chuckle at that. The legionnaire the general was speaking to a moment ago leaves and the other legionnaire steps in and takes his turn with the General.

Quietly ask Strillian what the deal is with the Champion.
Good idea.
+1

: "By the way, what's the deal with Entius?"

: "What do you mean?"

: "He seemed reluctant to take charge but the General ordered him to anyway."

Strillian frowns, quickly glances both ways and speaks in a whisper.

: "Champion Entius was charged with murder in Vivec. The Ordinators were after him and he was hiding out in the Arena underworks. Awesomeicus found him and dragged him back here. Entius swears he's innocent, but apparently there's a reliable witness. Right now there's a dispute over what to do."

: "Awesomicus brought him back? What do you know about him?"

: "You remember him. You were with me when he requisitioned his armor. New recruit. Orc. On detached duty. I hear he's supposed to be really fast, and good with an axe, but I haven't spoken to him since that day we met him."

: "How did a new recruit get detached duty while I got stuck in four weeks of basic?"

: "Didn't you ask about that once before? Realities of the Legion. Officers almost always come from rich families. Nobody starts at the bottom if they bring weapons, or troops, or if they're already an established veteran or mage. Spearmen are usually unskilled, inexperienced fighters. There are people out there who can solo entire platoons. I've seen battlemages who can take on 2-3 golden saints at a time. There's no point having someone like that stand in a shield wall or guard a fort."

That does make sense. While you think of another question, the other legionnaire leaves and General Darius addresses you.

"Yes, what can I do for you two?"

Before we go, spill to the General our intel about Ascended Sleepers.
Tell him that there are cultists hidden in cities all over the island

: "General, I believe the 'slug creature' in charge of the assault on Khuul is an Ascended Sleeper. It is an elite combat unit and highly capable caster in the service of Dagoth Ur and the Sixth House. It favors fire, frost, and shock spells, as well as fatigue drain and paralysis. In melee it hits hard enough to kill the average man in a single blow and can inflict a variety of blight diseases that hinder the ability of both warriors and casters to fight. I fear it may be strong enough to completely annihilate our team. If it's true that a Sleeper is leading an entire team of ash creatures, the chances of a simple scout team surviving are very low."

The General looks at you expressionlessly. You continue.

: "The Sixth House cult has infiltrated all major cities, and has bases spread out across Vvardenfell. Major bases include Ilunibi, Kogoruhn, Odrosal, Vemynal..."

You struggle to remember the others. There are a bunch, but those are the only names that come immediately to mind, since those are the only ones you absolutely have to go to.

: "...of course Dagoth Ur's fortress inside the ghostfence, and others. "

The General looks thoughtful.

"Ilunibi."

: "Sir?"

"You said that the caves of Ilunibi are a Sixth House base."

: "Yes, sir."

"Remember those three troopers I stationed at Seyda Neen after the Ash Ghoul incident? Three days ago Sellus Gravius dispatched them to investigate strange reports of activity at Ilunibi. There's been no word from them since."

...wait. That relates to the main quest. Ilunibi is the cavern where the player contracts corprus disease. Does this mean that the main quest has been started? The way you remember it, the Legion found the caves and only one man made it back, insane but alive to report. Caius gets that report and sends the player to investigate. How much communication is there between the Legion and the Blades? Has the legion found the cave and reported to Caius, but he never reported his results back to the Legion? Or will at any moment an insane legionnaire show up to make his report so that the Blades can be informed so the player can be dispatched? Or does this mean that the player has been issued the quest but just hasn't turned it in yet? It's possible the Nerevarine might be at Ilunibi right now. But on the other hand, is the main quest even applicable? The assault on Khuul never happened in the game. Does that mean that the timeline you're familiar with doesn't apply? If so, how much else that you know isn't applicable? If the Sixth House really did directly attack a town as you suspect, what else might they do that you wouldn't anticipate?

"What can you tell me about these caves?"

: "It's a Sixth House base. Inside you'll find some assorted ash creatures and a nasty ash ghoul by the name of Dagoth Gares who's good at infecting people with corprus."

Darius nods then signals the two guards from earlier to come back over.

"Strillian, I'm going to need some messages dispatched to the other fortress commanders. If this information is accurate, I want everyone to know about it. "

The two guards join the three of you and the General looks back to you.

"As for you Recruit, you're going to tell me how you know all this."

Spoiler: Stats (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Attributes (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: skills (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Equipped (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Faction standings (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Alchemy Knowledge (click to show/hide)

What do you do?

The13thRonin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #713 on: July 08, 2013, 12:46:27 am »

Are you creating a story using the game or is all this detail in the game already?

Dig Deeper DIAMOND - 750+ items of new content including; new plants, new creatures, new metals, new woods, new gems, new stones, new crafts and much, much more.

ShoesandHats

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #714 on: July 08, 2013, 12:55:43 am »

Are you creating a story using the game or is all this detail in the game already?

While the game has a hell of a lot of depth, no, it isn't quite this deep. LordBucket is just doing a really good job of making a narrative of it.

Well, I was afraid that question might come up. Either we look like a crazy person to him or we look like some kind of cultist double-agent.

Maybe...tell him we used to be in the cult, but deserted when you saw the horrors it inflicted on people? Notice this isn't bolded, because I'm not sure it's the best idea.

LordBucket

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #715 on: July 08, 2013, 12:59:32 am »

Answering that question would be an unreasonable spoiler. Clearly there is content here that is not vanilla, but which and what mods are in use has been a subject of debate off and on for about 40 pages. I'm not going to spoil it now.

Obviously stuff like this recent conversation between you, Strillian and the General...I take creative license to make that. But events like the attack on Khuul, it's up to you to figure that out. For example, if you knew that was a scripted event from a specific mod, you'd be able to download it and see what else happens. I'm not going to give out that kind of information.

LordBucket is just doing a really good job of making a narrative of it.

Thank you. :)

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #716 on: July 08, 2013, 12:59:53 am »

Tell him we've always had premonitions in our dreams. They're not -always- correct (to account for the times where the MorrowReal diverges from the game) but they're correct often enough. It might sound crazy, but I think "dream premonitions" has a better chance of being believed than "I come from a world where this is a game I've beaten a hundred times, as well as hear voices in my head that tell me things."

As for how we know what the balls an ascended sleeper is, tell him we used to be a student of Morrowind history and other knowledge. That's how we recognized the description of an ascended sleeper, and could recognize the bases of the Sixth House in our dreams.

Also, I would totally be up for joining the Great House Dagoth, if Dagoth Ur would let us in. Somehow. Long-term. Would probably enable us to get access to the Dwemer in the caves, if Dagoth Ur cures us of the negatives of corprus.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

ShoesandHats

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #717 on: July 08, 2013, 01:05:40 am »

Also, I would totally be up for joining the Great House Dagoth, if Dagoth Ur would let us in. Somehow. Long-term. Would probably enable us to get access to the Dwemer in the caves, if Dagoth Ur cures us of the negatives of corprus.

I doubt Dagoth Ur would accept an Imperial outlander, former legionnaire into the Sixth House. Either way, if we furthered his agenda, we'd be screwing over a good portion of Tamriel. Akulakhan and corprus and all that.

The13thRonin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #718 on: July 08, 2013, 01:23:53 am »

Why are you guys trying to escape? Why escape when you can rule Morrowind? :D

shadenight123

• Bay Watcher
  • Death. To all. Except my dwarves.
    • View Profile
    • My Twitter
« Reply #719 on: July 08, 2013, 02:08:51 am »

We could tell him we are a secret spy in the service of the emperor himself. I mean...how are they going to prove us wrong? Oh right...by asking something only a spy would know...right...are there codewords in morrowind for that?
“Well,” he said. “We’re in the Forgotten hunting grounds I take it. Your screams just woke them up early. Congratulations, Lyara.”
“Do something!” she whispered, trying to keep her sight on all of them at once.
Basileus clapped his hands once. The Forgotten took a step forward, attracted by the sound.
“There, I did something. I clapped. I like clapping,” he said. -The Investigator And The Case Of The Missing Brain.
Pages: 1 ... 46 47 [48] 49 50 ... 161