Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 52 53 [54] 55 56 ... 161

Author Topic: Marooned in Morrowind (FINISHED)  (Read 408426 times)

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
Re: Marooned in Morrowind, a suggestion game
« Reply #795 on: July 09, 2013, 02:42:51 pm »

Ha ha. Death is not fun. Its endless boredom.

If death isn't fun why do 99% of games revolve around killing stuff?

Unfortunately, tounge-in-cheek suggestions aren't taken as such unless explicitly stated. For example, the orc date.

The orc date?
Read the story posts. Someone suggested asking an orc out on a date, we thought it was a joke so no one voted against, so it happened. We got raped.
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

The13thRonin

• Bay Watcher
  • Profession: Handsome Rogue
    • View Profile
« Reply #796 on: July 09, 2013, 02:54:15 pm »

Ha ha. Death is not fun. Its endless boredom.

If death isn't fun why do 99% of games revolve around killing stuff?

Unfortunately, tounge-in-cheek suggestions aren't taken as such unless explicitly stated. For example, the orc date.

The orc date?
Read the story posts. Someone suggested asking an orc out on a date, we thought it was a joke so no one voted against, so it happened. We got raped.

I just read it... That's hilarious...

I rescind my earlier suggestion.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2013, 02:55:57 pm by The13thRonin »
I'm Digging Deeper... AGAIN... You Should Too!

Dig Deeper DIAMOND - 750+ items of new content including; new plants, new creatures, new metals, new woods, new gems, new stones, new crafts and much, much more.

shadenight123

• Bay Watcher
  • Death. To all. Except my dwarves.
    • View Profile
    • My Twitter
« Reply #797 on: July 09, 2013, 02:55:25 pm »

I just read back.
We can't say we are a spy of the emperor.

"In order to be called to greater service you'd probably have to prove yourself capable of it first. If you're thinking ahead of being some kind of super special secret operative in the Emperor's personal employ...well, again I'm not claiming any great knowledge of these things, but I'm guessing the Emperor probably doesn't need many special operatives who don't even know how to swing a sword yet." this was Strillian a few updates back. We couldn't even swing a sword back then...it would be the easiest bluff ever.

So it's either the 'Truth' or We tell him we are an envoy of Goodwill from Vivec, who gave us a few bits of knowledge to prove his 'Divinity' to the General.
“Well,” he said. “We’re in the Forgotten hunting grounds I take it. Your screams just woke them up early. Congratulations, Lyara.”
“Do something!” she whispered, trying to keep her sight on all of them at once.
Basileus clapped his hands once. The Forgotten took a step forward, attracted by the sound.
“There, I did something. I clapped. I like clapping,” he said. -The Investigator And The Case Of The Missing Brain.

Man of Paper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #798 on: July 09, 2013, 03:47:34 pm »

But we aren't an agent of Vivec, he didn't order us to act in any way, shape or form, and the General will likely question it as he is not one of his gods. And we can't trust Vivec to have a  response sent through himself or the Ordinators that would back our story. He never gave us permission to drop his name when it came to lying. It could very much offend him. I'm fine with pissing off the Legion, but risking angering anything deity-like is too much even for me.

Either the whole truth or the general truth (for those who say we should keep a little mystery, but I ask you why? We'll already have their attention with honesty) should be used. You are all against pissing off the Legion. Lying to a superior officer about where we got some very detailed information will get us on the fast track to suspicion once the lie falls through. We don't want them to think we made up our source and gave them the info to avoid having to confront a good ol' monster ally of ours.

And we can always provide details of Earth for doubters, and we have the ever-present cell phone as proof of a different type of technology and "magic".

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #799 on: July 09, 2013, 04:21:01 pm »

I still don't think it would be too out-of-the-way in such a place as the Aurbis to say that you have these strange memories of Morrowind and the future of the rest of Tamriel from the outside looking in. Azura probably wouldn't like it (a clairvoyant that she doesn't know about?!), but she doesn't need to know.

Say that you have strange "memories" that seems to be from impossible places in that rarely fail you (and that you're sure that you don't get them from any Daedra). The actual reason sounds absolutely crazy to anyone who anyone who doesn't spell his name as "".

LordBucket

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #800 on: July 09, 2013, 04:26:34 pm »

Cutoff for episode 32

a question for our glorious GM: Would it be possible to simply tell Michael "Draw this thing"

You haven't done much exploration of the nature of your communication with Michael. Maybe yes, maybe no, but I'm not going to just hand you the answer in spoilers.

I really should not participate in the game

Wierd, I've read your posts and I'm ok with you participating. Just, if you do...read the story up until now first. Like others have pointed out, a lot of the things you've suggested are clearly not applicable, and you appear to be making some very invalid assumptions. I'm reminded of this XKCD comic.

Next update probably tonight.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #801 on: July 09, 2013, 04:51:50 pm »

Uh. Reiterate that I support saying we came from talking with Vivec, but oppose saying we actually ARE agents of Vivec.

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
« Reply #802 on: July 09, 2013, 06:16:41 pm »

Tooo late...
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

hermes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #803 on: July 09, 2013, 06:48:47 pm »

don't do any of the stupid things suggested

Hehe, was stupid, but perhaps an entertaining thought for Mike to dream about??

If you guys want serious, why didn't you discuss the Ilunibi cave information?  Why not ask to accompany Strillian when he delivers the messages since he can carry people with recall?  Should Mike try to get to Ilunibi?  What about asking to get a mission to fetch Awesomicus to fight the Sleeper?  How about taking some action instead of talking craziness?
We can only guess at the longing of the creator. Someone who would need to create one such as you. - A Computer
I've been working on this type of thing...

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #804 on: July 09, 2013, 09:27:34 pm »

I know it's late, but let's try the Truth (in a mild form) first, prefaced with "You're never gonna believe this, but..."

Our mild form of the truth would be saying we come from somewhere where here exists as fiction. Don't mention games, it might be hard for him to wrap his head around it.

Either that, or say we have voices in our head who guide us and know things, and have only once steered us fatally wrong.

a question for our glorious GM: Would it be possible to simply tell Michael "Draw this thing"

You haven't done much exploration of the nature of your communication with Michael. Maybe yes, maybe no, but I'm not going to just hand you the answer in spoilers.
We should find out if one of us voices can speak directly through Michael's lips.
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Moghjubar

• Bay Watcher
  • Science gets you to space.
    • View Profile
    • Demon Legend
« Reply #805 on: July 09, 2013, 09:47:08 pm »

So, popped in here and read it cause it was interesting... kinda skipped around so dunno if anyone has suggested it... but has the dude done anything with his cellphone yet? Like realizing its a modern cellphone that has a keyboard on it and attempting to bring up console with ~ or some shit and typing in commands / texting stuff to localhost?
Steam ID
Making things in Unity
Current Project: Demon Legend
Also working on THIS! Farworld Pioneers
Mastodon

joemoben

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #806 on: July 09, 2013, 09:49:17 pm »

So, popped in here and read it cause it was interesting... kinda skipped around so dunno if anyone has suggested it... but has the dude done anything with his cellphone yet? Like realizing its a modern cellphone that has a keyboard on it and attempting to bring up console with ~ or some shit and typing in commands / texting stuff to localhost?
Cheats were one of the first suggestions. Did not work out unfortunately.
Something about this game makes me wonder why God lets it exist.
Say, if you give birth on a ranch and then murder your baby will a corpse drop be guaranteed?

LordBucket

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #807 on: July 10, 2013, 12:40:05 am »

has the dude done anything with his cellphone yet? Like realizing its a modern cellphone
that has a keyboard on it and attempting to bring up console with ~

Episode 9

The13thRonin

• Bay Watcher
  • Profession: Handsome Rogue
    • View Profile
« Reply #808 on: July 10, 2013, 01:57:49 am »

Not an actual suggestion but:

We could totally put a bucket on his head and just walk straight out of there while he's oblivious... Maybe even rob him blind... Just saying... :P
I'm Digging Deeper... AGAIN... You Should Too!

Dig Deeper DIAMOND - 750+ items of new content including; new plants, new creatures, new metals, new woods, new gems, new stones, new crafts and much, much more.

LordBucket

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #809 on: July 10, 2013, 02:00:13 am »

Not an actual suggestion but:

We could totally put a bucket on his head and just walk straight out of there while he's oblivious... Maybe even rob him blind... Just saying... :P

...what are you even talking about?

Unrelated, episode 32 is in process. Probably up in an hour or so, depending on how long the screenshots take me.
Pages: 1 ... 52 53 [54] 55 56 ... 161