Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 59 60 [61] 62 63 ... 161

Author Topic: Marooned in Morrowind (FINISHED)  (Read 408006 times)

Supercharazad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Marooned in Morrowind, a suggestion game
« Reply #900 on: July 20, 2013, 06:40:26 am »

That actually makes far more sense than my idea.

I say we repeat our answer verbatim and see if he responds differently.

hermes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #901 on: July 20, 2013, 06:53:33 am »

I totally didn't connect the player-as-possible Nerevarine dots.  doh!
Yeah, this reset is strange.  Almost as if Mike has to become the Nerevarine.  Experimenting is probably a good idea, but before it was hinted that there might be some negative consequences to reloads??  Though whether this counts as a reload..???  I don't know what to think!

From The Seven Visions...

One Destiny
He speaks the law for Veloth's people.
He speaks for their land, and names them great.

So... Mike should perhaps align with the Dunmer?  I dunno.  If he had to fulfil the prophesy, then I guess that would be the answer.
We can only guess at the longing of the creator. Someone who would need to create one such as you. - A Computer
I've been working on this type of thing...

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #902 on: July 20, 2013, 01:39:50 pm »

Yeah... I kinda considered the idea, but I threw it away because I didn't think that the "certain star" thing was met :X

Anyway. the verbatim thing sounds nice.

MonkeyHead

• Bay Watcher
  • Yma o hyd...
    • View Profile
« Reply #903 on: July 20, 2013, 02:09:40 pm »

Maybe the "reset" is linked to the fate of the individual dispatched to Ilunibi. I suspect that they died, and an alternative or earlier save, or possibly new game has been loaded. Why dont we ask Caius if he has sent anyone yet - any answer we get could be illuminating once compared to what he said before the glitch.

Ask Caius if he has dispatched anyone to Illunibi, and if he has, obtain a description
This is a blank sig.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #904 on: July 20, 2013, 02:12:25 pm »

He said he did, a white-haired young dunmer woman named Clover.

: "Perhaps it's best we focus on business then. What can tell you me about Ilunibi?"

: "Cave of Ilunibi...sixth house base. Dagoth Gares is inside, along with some awesome artifact gloves called the Fists of Randagulf. Actually, wait...have you already sent Clover in there?"

: "Yes. Just yesterday."

: "She's going to get Corprus. It's part of Dagoth Ur's plan, but that's also part of the prophecy. The Nerevarine is supposed to be immune to corprus, but she has to catch it in order to become immune to it by talking to Divyth Fyr. He's working on a cure."

MonkeyHead

• Bay Watcher
  • Yma o hyd...
    • View Profile
« Reply #905 on: July 20, 2013, 02:15:30 pm »

Yes, I know he did. But if we ask again, we might be able to work out that the glitch is down to the player character dying or reloading or loading an alternate save depending if we get told that no, he didnt send anyone yet, or that he sent someone different, or we get an exactly the same answer without Caius showing any knowledge of us asking before. If he says that he already told us, well, we can assume the reload or whatever may not be linked to the player character. This could give us valuable information about the rest of the world in terms of main plot progression or how in game time is likley to behave that we could use to our advantage if we ever bump into the PC.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2013, 02:18:07 pm by MonkeyHead »
This is a blank sig.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #906 on: July 20, 2013, 06:56:31 pm »

This is an amazing opportunity for investigation, indeed. Repeat our answer to "who's side?" verbatim, and see if any of the information he gave us has changed.

I have to wonder, what does happen if we attempt to leave? Not that we should do it any time soon, but if we go to the mainland, are we in the Tamriel Rebuilt mod? If we go to Cyrodil, does our POV shift to TES IV: Oblivion?

Tell him that we have seen many individuals who might fulfill the requirements. Awesomicus clearly demonstrates strange properties, as does that dunmer lady we saw. Perhaps she dyed her hair, we should ask about that discrepancy. Basically, we want to lay plain that if we're not the Nerevarine, then we have a good idea who is. Ask him if she reported having any strange dreams. This is something the PC experiences early in the MQ. We should also ask Awesomicus if he's had any strange dreams, as usually the Sharmat only broadcasts to Dunmer, but the Nerevarine receives them no matter his/her race.

We must talk to Divayth Fyr soon, perhaps accompanying Clover. Perhaps we shall contract Corprus from her, if we are meant to have it.

Another thing to consider: perhaps accompanying her through Illunibi would guarantee eventual success, since if we fail she'd just reload. The feasibility on any of that is uncertain, though.
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

LordBucket

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #907 on: July 20, 2013, 11:58:22 pm »

Episode 35: FINALLY autonomous again

repeat our answer verbatim
Repeat our answer to "who's side?" verbatim

You continue breathing for a moment. So far as you can tell you just went from disembodied to having a body a moment ago. Responding casually to his question without missing a beat isn't easy. Damn it, what did you even say before the world completely disintegrated in front of you?

: "...umm..."

The dizzyness that led you to nearly falling over before the world vanished is gone, but the disorientation isn't. Another moment passes while you try to settle yourself. You glance over at Caius and he's looking at you curiously.

: "I'm sorry, what was the question?"

: "Are you ok?"

: "No, before that."

: "I asked where your loyalties lie."

: "Oh. Right. How about, with common sense? If Dagoth Ur wins, everybody either dies or turns into a corprus monster. Nobody wants that. We should all work together."

You take a seat at Darius' table. You said it far more eloquently the last time, but that was more or less the jist of it.

: "Are you ok? You zoned out there for a moment."

: "Did I...zone out before or after...I'm not even sure how to ask the question. What just happened? What did it look like to you?"

: "I asked you where your loyalties lie, with Vivec or the Empire. You suddenly inhaled about halfway through my question as if you'd forgotten to breath. Then your eyes focused as if you were lost in thought, you said 'umm,' you swallowed, steadied your breathing, apologized and asked me what was the question."

Hmm. Caius seems especially observant. You remember the swallow now that he's pointed it out, but you didn't really notice it when you did it.

: "What happened?"

: "I...guess I had a vision. Of sorts. Every now and then I get extreme senses of deja vue, as if I've done or seen things before. This time was different. "

: "I've received reports of citizens having strange dreams lately. What was in your vision?"

: "No, those dreams are from Dagoth Ur. He's trying to mind control random members of the population, to use as spies. They're called sleepers. There are a bunch all over the island, including two in particular who hang out by the river that runs through Balmora."

: "Do you know their names?"

: "...off the top of my head no, but one wears a green robe. I'd probably recognize him if I saw him. Anyway, this wasn't that. This was something else, and I'm not sure what."

: "What did you see?"

You shrug.

: "Everything went black and I couldn't see, hear or feel anything except heat. I looked up to see the sun, then watched as the sky and clouds reformed, then the ocean, and everything faded to brown. Then I saw the world and the buildings reform around me, then suddenly you were asking me a question."

The memory of what happened is rather vivid.

: "That doesn't mean anything to me. Does it to you?"

: "...kind of...not, no. I mean, I have some ideas...but, I don't really know."

see if any of the information he gave us has changed.
Ask Caius if he has dispatched anyone to Illunibi, and if he has, obtain a description

: "Hey, actually...there's something you could do that might help. Remember a bit ago I asked about...someone and Ilunibi?"

: "Yes?"

: "Tell me again what you said before. What's the name of the...person you sent? What did she look like? When did you talk to her?"

: "Clover the Clever. Female dunmer, long white hair. She first presented herself to me nearly four weeks ago, and I asked her to investigate Ilunibi just yesterday. Why do you ask?"

Hmm. He went into more detail this time, but that answer doesn't disagree with anything he said the first time. Four weeks...that would have been about the time you joined the Legion. So in four weeks she's done, what...about a third of the main quest? There are probably some other implications too. For example...if the quest progression is the same here, that would mean she's probably already retrieved the dwemer cube for Hasphat, and the skull for the necro-oh. Right. The skull quest that the orc offered you before you joined the legion. The one that she said was a limited time offer. That quest probably isn't available anymore.

: "Hmm, ok. I was kind of hoping the answer would be different this time."

: "Why would it?"

: "Well...when the deja vues happen, sometimes..."

It occurs to you that you're partially depending on the word of the voices in your head for some of this. Until now you don't remember repeating events or anything like they've said. Just the sense of deja vue. But this time you do remember answering Caius' question, and then him asking it again. So you decide to go with it.

: "...sometimes it's like I'm repeating certain events. For example, just now you asked me about my loyalties, and I actually answered before the whole vision thing happened. And then you asked again."

Caius frowns at this.

: "You mean, as if you were sent backwards in time?"

: "Hmm. Yeah, I suppose you could look at it that way."

Caius' gaze becomes very distant. He's clearly very concerned with that answer.

: "I hope that you're lying to me. Or are merely crazy. I fear that you're not."

: "Why?"

: "Are you familiar with the warp in the west?"

...oh. Oh. Yeah, from his point of view that makes a lot of sense.

: "Yes. You think it happening again?"

: "It's possible."

The two of you look at each other for a moment.

: "Michael, you're an intelligence asset. And while I don't know what exactly your role is in all of this, I suspect that you do have one. I want you to work for me. I'd like you to become a Blades operative. I gather that you already understand what I'm proposing."

How can we become autonomous again?
-Become an Operative
cut a deal with Caius, information in exchange for freedom.
I can support that. And if there's anyone who can get us out of our obligations
in good standing, actually, it's probably him.
Talk to Caius at the first opportunity

: "Yes. Yes, I do. And that sounds like a terrific idea. But I'm presently a legion recruit stuck in menial patrol and guard duty. Would you be able to make arrangements to get me out of active duty?"

: "Yes, that should be no problem."

: "Very well, I accept."

: "Excellent. Wait here a moment."

Caius goes to the door and sends a legionnaire to fetch General Darius. The two of them exchange some private words together, then the general scowls and faces you.

: "Recruit Michael, I am hereby placing you on detached duty until further notice. Please note that detached duty personnel are not eligible for monthly pay or provisions like regular patrol duty personnel. Thank you for your service. Glory to the Emperor."

Something about the droning way he said it with no pauses between sentences leads you to believe that this is a speech he's given before.

: "Now, if you'll excuse me, I'd like to have my office back."

: "Come, let's get your things."

You lead Caius to your bunk at the barracks. He instructs you to gather all your things in a pile, and then he recalls the two of you to his room in Balmora where an Argonian is waiting. The Argonian looks at you and instantly draws and aims a crossbow at you.

: "Hold. Nine-toes, this is Michael. Michael, Nine-toes."

: "Hi."

: "The pleasure is ours."

Caius sits at his table and begins writing a letter while making a number of slippery hissing noises. Nine-toes listens closely then hisses a response. Caius hands him a rolled up letter and he leaves.

: "As for you, here's 200 septims. Get yourself some gear, or training. Or if you need a base of operations, you might consider talking to Nileno Dorvayn at the Hlaalu Council Manor. Give her my name and she'll give you a discounted rental rate here in Balmora. I don't mind if you need to leave some things here for a few days while you get yourself sorted out, but I can't have legion armor sitting around and risk my cover. Stash it under the bed if you need for now, but get it taken care of."

: "Come back in a few days and I might have orders for you."

attempt to summon a glass of water from nowhere.

Caius resumes his writing, and with his back turned you hold out your hand and try to conjure a glass of water. Nothing happens.

Spoiler: Stats (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Attributes (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: skills (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Equipped (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Faction standings (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Alchemy Knowledge (click to show/hide)

What do you do?

joemoben

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #908 on: July 21, 2013, 12:48:32 am »

Ask which of the three magical Blades trainers, Gildan, Surane Leoriane, or Tyermaillin, would be most likely to give us a beginners training in magic. I suspect it will be Tyermaillin as he appears to not be working on any specific missions, and is close by. But if Caius recommends another, go to that one.
Something about this game makes me wonder why God lets it exist.
Say, if you give birth on a ranch and then murder your baby will a corpse drop be guaranteed?

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #909 on: July 21, 2013, 01:25:19 am »

We have three courses of action available:

1)Try to catch up to Clover in Illunibi,
2)Wait for her to report back, likely infested with corprus,
OR
3)Go straight to Tel Fyr

Before any, we might want to prepare. As Legion armor is a bit conspicuous, we Should acquire some light or medium armor, light being within our price range more. We don't necessarily need a new weapon, but I still believe spears ar best suited for Mike. IRL, they're quite versatile weapons requiring little skill to use effctively, and ingame they provide great damage, reach, and speed for comparatively little weight. A silver spear or iron spear would be great and affordable.
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Supercharazad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #910 on: July 21, 2013, 05:16:42 am »

The problem with a spear is that the second your enemy gets up close, you're fucked.

Anyway, Let's sell the legion armour, buy some light armour and then head to Tel Fyr

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #911 on: July 21, 2013, 08:45:57 am »

Ask which of the three magical Blades trainers, Gildan, Surane Leoriane, or Tyermaillin, would be most likely to give us a beginners training in magic.

Anyway, Let's sell the legion armour, buy some light armour and then head to Tel Fyr

Let's get started on bringing our magic back up.  Once we have a basic training, we can practice magic as we travel.

Also, have the Ashlanders been seen by now in the main quest?  I'm not sure.

Cancelling vote in light of word of GM.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2013, 05:36:24 pm by Iituem »
Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

No slaughtering every man, woman and child we see just to teleport to the moon.

LordBucket

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #912 on: July 21, 2013, 09:26:34 am »

Couple comments:

magic

Before everybody gets all excited about suggesting magic, remember that everything established in episodes 15 and 27 still applies. Ranis estimated that it would take a week or two to learn magic, and like Strillian said:

: "Don't go to just any hedge wizard for training. Be sure you find someone with enough acuity that they can stop you from blasting out your internal organs if you start overchanneling."

Don't think you can casually go to any random, low level Blades operative, pay your 50 gold and POOF you know magic. It doesn't work that way, and it has consistently never worked that way throughout this entire forum game. I remember making a fairly extensive word of god GM post about it at one point suggesting several different options.

Tel Fyr

If you guys want to do that, it can probably be arranged, but I advise planning it out a bit more carefully. It's not a trivial trip.

weapons

You guys might want to check your equipment before making any major decisions there. By my count you've got four weapons, which is more than you can even carry. I'm not sure why you're so eager to buy more.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #913 on: July 21, 2013, 09:29:25 am »

We think its skyrim or something.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

MonkeyHead

• Bay Watcher
  • Yma o hyd...
    • View Profile
« Reply #914 on: July 21, 2013, 09:44:58 am »

• Combat is not our strength
  • Magic is not our strength
  • knowledge is our strength

Clover may or may not be the Nerevarine. We may or may not be the Nerevarine. However, The Dunmer are far more likley to support Clover's claim than they are any we are likley to make. We could so easily be the power behind the throne here, and support her in order to attain a shared goal. Clover will no doubt have the combat and magic skills we lack which we could help her apply in the most efficient way possible.

Vote for trying to catch up with Clover and support her efforts with our knowledge, assuming she isnt dead yet.
This is a blank sig.
Pages: 1 ... 59 60 [61] 62 63 ... 161