Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 62 63 [64] 65 66 ... 161

Author Topic: Marooned in Morrowind (FINISHED)  (Read 403711 times)

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Marooned in Morrowind, a suggestion game
« Reply #945 on: July 23, 2013, 07:02:07 am »

Once we earn his trust more, Caius will let us crash at his place.

I don't think this is likely, to be honest.

shadenight123

• Bay Watcher
  • Death. To all. Except my dwarves.
    • View Profile
    • My Twitter
« Reply #946 on: July 23, 2013, 11:40:31 am »

I think we can take that meaning literally.
Hey, if we Crash to Desktop...maybe we can try and play solitaire?
“Well,” he said. “We’re in the Forgotten hunting grounds I take it. Your screams just woke them up early. Congratulations, Lyara.”
“Do something!” she whispered, trying to keep her sight on all of them at once.
Basileus clapped his hands once. The Forgotten took a step forward, attracted by the sound.
“There, I did something. I clapped. I like clapping,” he said. -The Investigator And The Case Of The Missing Brain.

CognitiveDissonance

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #947 on: July 23, 2013, 11:57:07 am »

I think we can take that meaning literally.
Hey, if we Crash to Desktop...maybe we can try and play solitaire?

At this rate, this would be real solitaire. Do you really want Michael to deal with medieval succession rights?
Come and be amazed by this wonderful menagerie! Draw your own! Bring your favorite! The [Forgotten Beast Art Contest] is open for business!
Now also available - [The Legendary Artifact Art Contest]! It menaces! It has rings! It has craftsdwarfship!
I have a [YouTube] channel! It has Let's Plays and other stuff.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #948 on: July 23, 2013, 12:39:47 pm »

Once we earn his trust more, Caius will let us crash at his place.

I don't think this is likely, to be honest.

He does for the PC, so it's possible.

I have a feeling he's going to yell at us for having a debate about spears in his head.
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

LordBucket

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #949 on: July 26, 2013, 02:19:50 am »

Episode 36: Part 1, Fast Eddie and Balmora rentals

Ask which of the three magical Blades trainers, Gildan, Surane Leoriane, or Tyermaillin,
would be most likely to give us a beginners training in magic.

: "Hey, Caius. Any chance you have someone on staff who could teach me magic?"

: "Which school are you looking to learn?"

: "All of them."

: "You don't know any magic at all? Can you channel magicka?"

: "No. And no, I'm not an atronach. At least not so far as I know. I just never learned magic."

: "Picking up new schools isn't difficult for most people, but as an adult learning basic channeling, I'd recommend training under an experienced teacher to prevent injury from overchanneling.  It's possible it's something I might be able to do, but I really have no time for it. I'd suggest talking to Ranis Athrys at the local mage guild."

: "I tried her already."

: "Hmm. I do have another contact who might be willing to help. How would you feel about learning from a former Telvanni?"

: "Sure, I'm ok with that."

: "His name is Edd Theman. He's a former Council Mouth who was expelled from House Telvanni for reasons of political expediency. He rents a room here in Balmora. Just across the Odai river, north side, upstairs."

: "You mean Fast Eddie?"

: "You know him?"

: "I know...of him."

: "He's easily the second most powerful sorcerer in Balmora, second only to Ranis, and I'm not entirely sure he's not her equal."

: "And you think he'd teach me?"

: "You'd have to negotiate with him. As I understand it, he wants more than anything to get back in good standing with the Telvanni. If you can help him, I'm sure he'd go to great lengths to help you."

: "Hmm. Ok, thanks."

You grab your backpack to swap around some gear. In the process you find...wait, what's this?

The note reads: "Remember, we are watching you."

Huh. I wonder how long that's been sitting there. Setting it aside, you finish rearranging your bag for lone adventuring again, and set out across the bridge towards Fast Eddie's house.

Well, this is it. This could be your big chance to finally learn magic.

Remembering what you learned in the Legion about door etiquette, you push open the door rather than knock, catching Eddie in the midst of the bright lavender sparkles of a spell cast. He glances at you briefly but continues casting the spell without speaking. After the spell finishes you begin:

: "Hi, my nam-"

Before you finish he immediately he goes into another spellcast. You wait. And after finishing, once he again he casts. And again. Doesn't look like he's going to stop.

: "Can I help you, officer?"

: "Are you Fast Eddie?"

He nods. Another spellcast.

: "My name's Michael. Caius Cosades referred me to you. He says that you might be able to teach me magic."

: "Why come to me? Mage Guild's a stone's throw from my door."

: "I tried them, but they want me to know magic before they'll accept me, and I need to be in before they'll teach me magic. Catch 22."

: "Haha, that's funny. Typical imperials."

His spell fizzles.

: "Damn it."

He resumes casting.

: "So...can you teach me?"

He shrugs.

: "Sure. Which school you want to learn?"

: "All of them. And since everybody I talk to asks, no I don't know how to channel magicka, but I do already have extensive background in metamagical math."

He glances back at you

: "You learned the math but not the application? What did your--wait, you know what? Not my business. Yes, I can help you. In my 300 years, plus or minus, I've taken dozens of students. I don't know what your story is, but I'm sure it's nothing I haven't dealt with. The question is: what's in it for me?"

: "What do you-"

His spell fizzles.

: "Damn it."

: "What do you want?"

: "You have any contacts in House Telvanni? Good friends who'd be willing to go out on a limb politically?"

You think about that. You know most...probably all of the councilors by name. Aryon, Neloth, Dratha and Therana. Plus Divith Fyr and Baladas if they count. You know where they live. You might even remember some things they want, but certainly none of them know you.

: "No."

He shrugs and resumes casting.

: "Ok. How about 1000 gold for channeling groundwork and 1000 per school."

: "1000 each? That's a lot."

: "500?"

His spell fizzles.

: "DAMN it."

He shakes his head and sits down on his bed.

: "I know. How about give me a great big treasure chest full of low grade restore magicka potions so I don't have to sleep half a day for every 20 minutes worth of spell practice. Or hell, bring me a big enough pile of void salt and diamonds, and I'll make them myself."

: "You need void salt and diamonds for restore magicka potions?"

: "I know, right? Talk about bad luck. Anyway, I just ran out of magicka, and that means I've got about 12 hours of sleep ahead of me right now. Even if you want to start right now, I'm not teaching channeling while running on empty. So unless you want to start right now and have a restore potion on you, why don't you come back later."

Eddie pushes you outside and you hear the door lock.

That conversation was...extremely enlightening. Among other things, it seems you don't need to learn all school at once.  Or even at all. And Eddie seemed very willing to negotiate on price. Pity you didn't look into this four weeks ago. But for now, even the 500 asking price for learning basic channeling is out of your range.

Inquire about accomodation from Nileno Dorvayn at the Hlaalu Council Manor
see how much housing would cost us

: "Hello, I'm looking for Nileno Dorvayn?"

: "I'm Nileno. What can I help you with? Is there trouble?"

: "No, everything's fine...actually I'm just looking to rent a place here in Balmora."

: "Oh, excellent. We always enjoy having new immigrants here in Balmora. How much were you looking to spend?"

: "What are my options?"

: "Well, on the higher end, Hlaalo's Manor is available for sale."

Hlalo manor. Why does that name sound familiar?

: "It's a lovely pre-furnished two story mansion with two bedrooms, a large dining area, storage. Also, the former maid, Uryne Nirith, has expressed desire to stay on with the new owner for a small wage."

Oh, that's right. That's the house belonging to the guy that was murdered. ...wait, isn't that the quest that got us killed once before? At least, that's what the voices say. You yourself have no memory of that.

: "How much?"

: "Asking price is 5000 god."

: "...ok, umm...what do you have available on the low end?"

: "On the extreme low end I have a single room apartment available for 300 gold per month."

: "300? I have an acquaintance in Seyda Neen, and that's three times what she's paying for her place."

: "Yes, I don't doubt it. Location is everything, dear."

Hmm. That's kind of true. Is Balmora where we want to base our operations?

: "What are the payment terms? First and last month in advance? Month to month? Any security deposit?"

: "No deposit, and I can accept month to month if you can give me a written letter of recommendation from a current resident."

: "By curious coincidence, I happen to have a letter of recommendation from Ranis Athrys at the mage guild. Would that qualify?"

: "You're a friend of hers?"

: "Well, I've only known her for a few weeks, but she's been helping me out with getting some magic training through an acquaintance of hers. Here's the letter."

: "Ranis has done a lot of good work for me. If she speaks highly of you I think I can give you a slight discount. 250 per month instead of 300."

Speechcraft is now 19

buy a full alchemy kit

Since they're too large to carry, you'll probably want to decide for certain whether to rent the room first. But you manage to price an apprentice level alembic, calcinator and retort for 75, 30 and 15 gold respectively.

(continued in part 2)

LordBucket

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #950 on: July 26, 2013, 02:20:54 am »

(continued from part 1)

Episode 36: Part 2, Combat and re-equipping

a spear is probably a sensible option
The problem with a spear is that the second your enemy gets up close, you're fucked.
Whatever we do, keep a knife
Support upgrading our spear to the silver spear
get a silver spear.

: "Hmm. Ok, looks like everyone agrees either spear or short blade. But..."

Don't go off selling armor and weapons just to buy armor and weapons.
Take a weapon and some armor out while hunting alchemy ingredients
and get into a couple fights with monsters to train while you're doing it.

: "Yeah. I mean, we spent four weeks getting this gear and training for it. How about we at least try it out, first, before we sell it all and buy something else."

You head out the front gate and go west along the river.

+1 Acrobatics

The silt strider is kind of scary looking for the underside. When riding on them it's easy to forget they're alive. From this angle, seeing how the tentacles are nearly as big as you are...yeah, you decide to skirt the edge of the hill on the far side rather than get too close. Following the river southwest towards the Shulk egg mine, you find a lone scrib wandering in the brush.

: "Ok, time to do this."

You draw your tanto and attack.

Only to be immediately paralyzed. It's...unpleasant. The fact that the scrib takes the opportunity to gnaw on your shins makes it less so. Eventually it wears off and you resume your attack, only to be paralyzed again. And again a third time before you finally manage to dispatch it.

Health is now 42/50

: "Hey, that wasn't too bad."

You find another one and kill it too.

+1 unarmored
+1 heavy
Health is now 31/50

: "Ok, well, I think I've got a good feel for what fighting with the tanto is like. Let's switch to the spear and try that."

You find another scrib, and quickly dispatch it.

Health is now 28/50

: "Hmm. Well, it did die a lot faster, but I'm not sure if that's because the spear is better, or because it never managed to paralyze me so I didn't have to stand around and wait as much"

You search the area for more bugs, but don't find any. You stop and talk to a couple egg miners, but they seem reluctant to talk to you. Must be the Legion armor you're wearing.

while hunting alchemy ingredients and get into a couple fights with monsters

You do however find lots of flowers, and various roots and plants to pick. After a few hours, 36 Heather and various other useful things. But you don't find any more monsters to fight. Glancing upwards, you see the sun peek out over from behind the nearby hills

: "Hey there, sun. Looks like I've run out of monsters to fight. I suppose I could go into the mine. I'd be sure to find some in there. What do you think?"

The sun says nothing.

: "I'll take that as a yes."

You head back to the Shulk egg mine, and step inside.

It's dark and gloomy.

Before long you find a number of large kwama eggs. And by 'large' you mean they're bigger than your head. You remember from your lessons with Nalcarya how the usable alchemical portion is only the tiny germinal disc on the yolk. You consider extracting them from some eggs...but they're kind of creepy and gross looking. Maybe later.

Before long you find a kwama forager. Or rather, it finds you. It's about a foot and a half long worm and the first you see it is when it comes jumping out towards you from around a corner.

Not only is it disgusting, it's also very much more dangerous than the scribs. You swing your spear frantically at it, but the thing moves fast and it's amazingly good at evading you. And the few times you do manage to hit it, your spear mostly bounces off with minimal penetration. Eventually you give up and leave. This is a losing battle, and you're not going to let a worm kill you. Fortunately it can't open the door, and you're perfectly safe once you're outside again.

Health is now 14/50
+1 heavy
+1 unarmored
Agility is now 36

: "Ok, guys...after experimenting with both the dagger and the spear, here's what I've concluded:"

1) I don't think fighting with tower shield plus spear like the legion taught is going to be realistic. That's for group formations, not one on one fights. I need two hands to use the spear. If I use a short blade, that leaves one hand free. Also, I have to always be carrying it. The dagger I can sheathe, but if I go with the spear, that means dropping my weapon if I ever need two hands for something. What if I have to climb a ladder? If it came to it I could probably figure something out. This particular spear is only 5 or 10 pounds. I could probably grip it with thumb and finger and use my other three fingers to hook onto the rungs. But that kind of thing might become an issue at some point.

2) My chitin spear weighs almost double what my steel tanto weighs. Honestly...I think that's ok. Yes it's heavy, but I can do it, for now. But if this is a long term decision, what about later on? I'm going to want to upgrade eventually, right? How much does a daedric dagger vs a daedric spear weigh? Which of these is the better choice long term?

3) I do like the extra range of the spear. I kind of had to bend over to hit stuff with the tanto. But, the length was kind of a problem when I fought in the mine, because the thing was longer than the corridor was wide. There wasn't enough room to turn around because the spear got caught on the rocks. I can see that being a problem.

4) But...the spear might be useful for things other than fighting: checking water depth. Poking things. Digging. Balance. I could probably use it as a lever. In the right circumstances I might even be able to use it to bar a door or climb out of a pit. The spear has a lot of potential non-weapon utility that the dagger probably lacks.

sell
sell our equipment
sell what we got

Check the armorer in Balmora
buy some light armour
+1 to light armor

: "Ok. I'm going to try to do this intelligently."

It takes a couple trips to haul everything back and forth from Caius' place, but you make the following transactions:

Sell
 * Chitin club chitin club for 2
 * Steel longsword for 36
 * Imperial chain cuirass for 40
 * Imperial steel helm for 31
 * Imperial steel shield for 35

Mercantile skill is now 7
Personality is now 43

The merchant refuses to buy the legion guard armor.

Buy
Chitin left + right gauntlets for 17
Chitin greaves for 29
Chitin cuirass for 45
Chitin left + right pauldrons for 32
Chitin boots for 12

Leaving you 387 gold.

Mercantile skill is now 8

You consider buying a chitin helm to complete the set...but hey, that fur helm is light, isn't it? Your new look:

: "Yeah, it's amazing how much lighter this is. I'm wearing a full suit of chitin armor, and I think the entire suit weighs less than just the steel cuirass."

You stash your spear, legion cuirass and mortar and pestle at Caius' house for now.

: "Ok, guys. I didn't manage to do everything you suggested, but I think I made good progress. Right now I have 387 gold. I can rent a room for 250/month, and I can complete my alchemy toolset for 120. That would leave 17 gold to buy potion bottles and I could get started on alchemy right away. BUT...the only full recipes I actually know how to make right now are paralysis and restore fatigue, and looking over my materials, best case all I can make is about 5 potions of paralysis, assuming I succeed every time. And even if I do...I'm not sure anybody will buy them. People don't seem to be completely stupid here, and I don't really think I'm going to be able to sell people worthless potions to buy materials to make more worthless potions to sell.

But...I do have some other ingredients I haven't eaten yet. I could do that. And I could use trial and error with that massive pile of heather flowers with everything else I have, and maybe stumble on some new recipes by chance. I just can't guarantee that doing this will be a money making proposition. It might, it might not. I don't know, and it would take all of my money to rent a room and buy equipment just to find out.

Alternately, I'm only 113 gold short of what Eddie said he'd charge to teach me how to channel magicka. I'm sure if you guys want I can probably find a way to scrounge up that much...with or without stealing it and thereby invoking the wrath of the thieves guild. But the 500 would only be to learn to channel, after which I'd then need to learn an actual spell school. So learning to be able to usefully cast anything would take an extra 500 above and beyond the 113. I'm not sure how I'd get that much right now. But on the other hand, he did seem very open to negotiation. Maybe he wants 500 each for channeling and a school, but if I showed up with 900 up front, he might be willing to teach channeling plus one school for that. Or maybe if we can find something else he wants we might be able to get him to teach without paying in gold at all. I have no contacts in House Telvanni at present, but it sounded like he'd be willing to do us a big favor if we can get him back in good standing with them. Though I don't have any ideas how how to do that. And I'm not even sure what the problem is. I thought that all an expelled Telvanni had to do was simply go to the council and ask for readmission. It's possible there might be more going on than we know about just yet.

And finally, while I'm still no veteran...we've proven that I CAN fight effectively now. So if I were to pick up some healing potions, and maybe some cure disease potions or similar just in case...I might potentially be able to go usefully adventuring somewhere, maybe get a bunch of skillups and maybe solve the money problem altogether.

Of course, if you guys have other ideas besides any of the above, I'm all ears.

So...what will it be?"

Spoiler: Stats (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Attributes (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: skills (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Equipped (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Faction standings (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Alchemy Knowledge (click to show/hide)

What do you do?

Man of Paper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #951 on: July 26, 2013, 02:35:14 am »

Damn it, I noticed the note before and couldn't figure out where it came from, but figured I just missed something.

Go for lodging first. A base of operations will be very helpful when it comes to just about anything. Also, at the next opportunity, we should return the legion armor.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #952 on: July 26, 2013, 03:09:00 am »

Prioritize magic over alchemy. Once we learn how to channel, that opens up everything else, and Fast Eddie seems like a good bet. I must confess, if I'd dealt with him in-game I'd have suggested him but somehow I've never talked to him before.

I still say pick up a silver spear if we get the opportunity. The chitin spear is pretty shitty, we need silver for good weight/damage balance. You can hold it one-handed while not fighting, or even (if you had a couple more loops or straps) strap it to your pack when not in use. Spears and short blades, in general, are lighter than other weapons, but at the daedric level both are rather heavy. By the time we get the wealth and power to swing Daedric around, though, I hope we'll have invested enough in magic to use long-lasting or permanent bound weapons instead. If we can get Wraithguard, Keening would be a much better choice than a Daedric dagger, and an Adamantium spear would be amazing.

Can we not bother scribs, please? What did they ever do to you that you should so suggest we be out for their blood? The meaner-spirited mudcrabs and rats make easier prey, too.

Ask if we can continue to stay at Caius's. Our income is quite uncertain, and we don't really have any marketable skills yet except for extremely boring things. We've got just 1 marketable thing, a commodity, and that's information. To profit, we must Get Shit Done, and I don't mean labor. The only reason we need lodging is for two things: healing and storing our stuff. And we already know Caius is cool with one of those. We don't need to keep up a circadian rythm, we only need to sleep when we're wounded, a condition which can be fixed through other means (though not as cheap). What we need to do is continue to act to set up conditions favorable to us, and earn some brownie points with the powers that be so we can cash in more favors. Once we've gotten more strings to pull, we can get ourselves a suitable income, but not before.

Ask about Mages in the Arcane University and College of Winterhold who seem to regenerate Magicka as readily as catching their breaths. Learning of our connection to the mechanics and the Lore explainations for them in other games will be very, very enlightening. Probably wouldn't hurt to ask the educated about sigil stones, thu'ums, and dragons, either. I'm still highly suspicious of that RL Medeival European alchemy text being present, too. Given the apparent importance of urine, we should ask how Undead alchemists go about making their brews.
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #953 on: July 26, 2013, 03:59:06 am »

+1's all around.

joemoben

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #954 on: July 26, 2013, 04:15:15 am »

I'm +1 for most of that, but we should not crash at Caius's. We should join the fighters guild. It costs 25 gold to get in, along with an entrance exam involving some fighting. Once we are admitted, we should be able to do odd jobs for cash, which we are in dire need of. We will also gain a bed, and hopefully a chest for storage. With a little luck the exam shouldn't be too hard, although we should heal up first. One point though, didn't we steal from them at one point? I can't quite recall.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2013, 04:19:09 am by joemoben »
Something about this game makes me wonder why God lets it exist.
Say, if you give birth on a ranch and then murder your baby will a corpse drop be guaranteed?

Supercharazad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #955 on: July 26, 2013, 06:15:55 am »

Since we're not in actual Morrowind, couldn't we poison our weapons with bad potions, like paralysis ones?

hostergaard

• Bay Watcher
  • Pull lever R
    • View Profile
« Reply #956 on: July 26, 2013, 06:46:46 am »

Test out the ingredients you found

Might as well learn a little more about what alchemy properties they have.

Also, offer fast Eddie information on Telvannie he can use to get back in (or on the other houses, valuable intelligence of some short)

I don't remember anything in particular and do not have the time to check right now, but there got to be some short of reliable meta-game info we can give him as payment.

If nothing else I guess we can go adventuring a little just for fun and money now that we got the time.
They decided to leave my fortress via the circus because the front door was locked to keep Goblins out.  THAT should be an interesting trip back to the Mountainhome.

hermes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #957 on: July 26, 2013, 07:18:07 am »

How about try to join the thieves guild and fence the legion armour?

Mike could also just sell them anything from adventuring to keep them happy.

Fast Eddie's behaviour was most interesting (and amusing).... it seems that NPCs are min-maxing like PCs would do, because they live in MorroReal, right?  So... perhaps Awesomicas et al are just NPC adventurers?  Awesomicus, Imperial name, hehe.
We can only guess at the longing of the creator. Someone who would need to create one such as you. - A Computer
I've been working on this type of thing...

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #958 on: July 26, 2013, 08:00:38 am »

First, Try to do the magic thing - check the price of mana restore potions, check our own ingredients to see if we can MAKE mana restore potions, give him any house Telvanni information, offer to sell information on valuable (not-so-innocent) targets to the thieves guild
Here's something important to note: If he has alchemy equipment, and we can make restore mana potions (for him!) he will probably let us! That means we can start benefiting from alchemy immediately without all the other investments.
Do not sell the legion armor to get this, though we can sell our short sword if we KNOW it will help
Also, it's possible we might learn channeling from him and one of the schools from someone else cheaper once we have the basics, right?

If that just isn't going to work, plan two is make money by spending money - get a house, get alchemy equipment, join the fighters guild, make cash
If we can't learn magic, rent the house. - I think having a base of operations is going to quickly become important. As mentioned, it will cost 900 (maybe less, but still more than we have) to get magic, we might not be able to get up that high even if we can argue him down a bit.

Keep the legion armor, keep it in our house.

I think it would honestly be incredibly useful. For example, when encountering criminals, or talking to other guards.

Also, remember that guy that killed us? The quest we still haven't finished? With the legion armor and our obvious affiliation, we could probably get a few people together to look into it, instead of one like last time. (we'd probably have to take it off to get the guy to talk to us). Then we can use the scroll to hightail it out of dodge and let them handle the guy. If there's a bunch of them, the bad guys won't be able to take the guards out so easily, right?

Regardless, that armor represents our affiliation, and it's a useful affiliation to have. Don't dump it. Even if we don't use it all the time, I'm sure it will come in useful.

Try out all the ingredients and see if we don't get anything useful, in our new home - if we haven't already.

Keep spear AND sword. We can specialize later, and considering the environmental differences, I think both are useful.

Also, and this is pretty cool - We've made some effective contacts for our adventuring party. There is one more place worth going, though.

Second joining the fighters guild - It's cheap to get in, and most importantly it's a source of income, contacts, and information, all of which we can find pretty damn valuable. It's amusing that we'll be joining the fighters guild to raise enough money to learn magic, but that's the way these things happen, heh.

Run some minor combat quests, make cash and friends, give them information in exchange for goodies, and find it out if the nearby dungeons have already been looted

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
« Reply #959 on: July 26, 2013, 10:35:59 am »

offer fast Eddie information on Telvannie he can use to get back in (or on the other houses, valuable intelligence of some short)

Agreed. He's willing to negotiate, and that's just the sort of thing he wants.

I think we can talk him down to 250-300 if we do. Let's try that.

As for money, man it's harder to make money in this universe when you don't want to die. Speaking of which, heal up when you get a chance. Sleeping should be sufficient.

Don't join the fighters guild. I don't think we want to get involved in another guild. We don't need to do the rigamarole of Default New Character Actions, because we're not exactly a normal PC. I say look for the simplest ways to make money- particularly alchemical stuff. Agree that we need to check for any potentially valuable potions- in particular, look for restore magica effects. If we can make Restore Magica easily, we can make a nice deal with Eddie.
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.
Pages: 1 ... 62 63 [64] 65 66 ... 161