Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 152 153 [154] 155 156 ... 161

Author Topic: Marooned in Morrowind (FINISHED)  (Read 407178 times)

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
Re: Marooned in Morrowind, a suggestion game Ep.66
« Reply #2295 on: July 07, 2014, 05:58:54 pm »

Use "He" because that's appropriate for the character and thus less likely to cause suspicion.
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Mono124

• Bay Watcher
  • Into the abyss you go!
    • View Profile
Re: Marooned in Morrowind, a suggestion game Ep.66
« Reply #2296 on: July 07, 2014, 11:41:09 pm »

Or just do as my intro to health professions class taught me in college and just use names in all applicable situations (so... almost all of them). Arguably the only thing it did teach me.
Collin Quay- [145.9]-broadcasts: As a professional doctor, I have to say, dodge the fucking meteors or you will die.

LordBucket

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Marooned in Morrowind, a suggestion game Ep.67
« Reply #2297 on: July 08, 2014, 02:00:01 am »

Episode 67: Annoyedicus to the Maximus, and wibbly wobbly balls

I suggest having awesomicus use the command console
+1

: "Hey, could you do me a favor?"

: "What?"

: "Would you open up the command console and change my stats?"

He looks embarrassed.

: "Uhh, sorry. Twilight took away my console priv...privel...umm, it doesn't work for me anymore."

: "Why's that?"

It's hilarious watching an orc with a mohawk blush and avoid eye contact.

: "Well, so...it's this thing. You know me, I like fast, right?"

: "Yeah."

: "But this game is way too slow. First time I flew I almost stopped playing right there. So when egghead showed me how to use the console, 'just for emergencies' she said...first thing I did was, well..you know."

: "You set your speed super high?"

He scratches the back of his head.

: "Yeah. Something like that."

: "How high did you set it?"

: "I don't know. I just kept pushing buttons for a while. But not a lot! Only like...a minute or two."

: "What happened?"

: "It broke. Which was totally lame, because I still wasn't moving that fast. But everything other than me slowed down a bunch, then everything went black and then just stopped working for everypony."

: "Huh. That actually kind of reminds me of a dream I had. Then what happened?"

: "Ehh, I don't know. Twilight fixed it. When she found out it was me she yelled a lot and made the console not work for me anymore. Heh, but I totally scored this awesome armor before she did."

He poses in his daedric armor. At least you think he's posing. He seems to be standing on one leg and reaching his arms forward while stretching his other leg back and...flexing it? Between that and the goofy-looking grin on his face you struggle not to laugh, but manage to give him a thumbs up instead.

ask for spare weapon and healing potion

: "Ok, so no console. Could you spare a weapon and a healing potion instead? While I was dead somebody took all my stuff."

: "Yeah, sure. Let me check what I have."

You watch as he stands there silently and squints occasionally.

: "Heal potion ok?"

: "That would be great, thanks."

: "Ok."

He continues to stand there. You wait patiently, but he doesn't seem to be doing anything.

: "So...may I have it please?"

He looks annoyed.

: "Yeah, waiting on you."

It occurs to you that this might not be as simple as it seems. Vanilla Morrowind has no trade interface. And you've consistently seen Awesomicus make things instantly vanish and appear out of an apparently invisible inventory somewhere. But you also distinctly remember Imare handing you a drink back at that party in Caldera. Does Awesomicus have a different deal going on? Or is he just not very good with his interface? For that matter, what exactly is he using as an interface?

: "You're...at a computer, aren't you?"

: "Yeah."

: "How do you, umm...usually when you give something to someone, how do you do it?"

: "It depends. Usually with quest guys they just take what they're supposed to take."

: "It just disappears from your inventory?"

: "Yeah, I guess. And I get a little message saying that they took it."

: "What if you wanted to give something to Twilight? How would you do that?"

: "Dunno. Hasn't come up. But when she's given me stuff she just puts it in her hand and I click on it."

: "Ok. Put it in your hand and I'll try and take it."

: "Ok."

Nothing happens for a moment. Then he starts to look annoyed. Then embarrassed.

: "Oh, heh...oops. Can't equip potions. I just drank like three of them."

: "How about this: can you put it on the ground?"

: "Sure."

A potion bottle appears on the ground between you. You pick it up and smell.

: "Whoa, nice. Did you make this yourself?"

: "Yeah, only took like an hour to grind all-chamai."

: "Don't I wish. Anyway, any spare weapons?"

: "Nah, I don't bother with 'em. I have this."

Eltonbrand appears in his hand. He swings it around a few times.

: "Hyaa! Die! Rahh!!"

You watch with amusement for a bit, then it occurs to you that each sword swing is not identical. And come to think of it, his face is remarkably expressive. It seems unlikely that a keyboard and mouse interface would give as much control as he seems to have. Before you can ask about it, he stops swinging and the sword vanishes.

: "So, you got a quest for me or what?"

This would be the point where we agree on a smart, well-thought-out quest for Awesomicus, so that this doesn't explode in our face.
Come clean that we're not actually a quest giver or anything
we should probably just give him a cool quest to stay on good terms with him.
Right now I really want to talk to Luna.
explain our situation to reasonable pony-player(s) and ask their help in unraveling this mystery!
+1 goes to telling Awesomnicus to fix us a meeting with his friends
tell Awesomicus the epic quest is temporarily locked out, but there's one (or maybe two) optional but cool things he might like in the meantime:

: "...umm."

You rack your brain for a way to reconcile the various contradictory suggestions. The voices are really uncertain about this one. And yet, this is an important situation, isn't it? You don't want to mess this up. Awesomicus is by all appearances a "PC." He's friendly. And he'd make a powerful ally. But he also seems not to be the smartest orc in the world and has an awfully short attention span. Maybe simply being honest would be best?

We can't keep the quest lies going forever
Come clean that we're not actually a quest giver or anything

: "I'm actually not a quest giver."

: "What do you mean you're not a quest giver? What about that 'epic quest' you were bragging about to me back in Seyda Neen?"

Oh, right. You've already given him two 'quests.' First there was that no doubt mysterious-seeming letter you had Eydis give him asking to come find you, and then once he did you explicitly told him you were giving him a quest and went out of your way to build it up as this huge, awesome fantastic thing. If you recall correctly your exact words were 'epic quest' that involved 'saving the whole world' and with a 'definitely epic' reward at the end. Maybe telling him that you were lying about all that isn't such a good idea? Especially since you've already tasked him with killing an Ash Vampire, which he did...Eydis who gave him your letter is the primary fighter's guild quest giver in Balmora...you specifically told him he was on a quest chain...and he apparently was just tasked by some quest-giver to ressurect you, all of which corroborates your looking like you're involved with the quest chain yourself.

...speaking of which...

ask Awesomicus where the dunmer that gave him the scroll is.
+1

: "Hey, umm...speaking of quests...who was it who gave you the-"

: "Dude, don't change the subject."

tell Awesomicus the epic quest is temporarily locked out

: "Ok, fine. It's not that I'm not a quest giver...I guess it's more like the epic quest is temporarily locked out. Can't do it right now."

: "What the buck? Why not?!??! You started me on this thing, and I just brought you back to life. And now you're telling me I'm stuck?"

but there's one (or maybe two) optional but cool things he might like in the meantime:
we should probably just give him a cool quest to stay on good terms with him.

: "...well, there are a couple side quests I could give you."

: "More lame side quests? What do you think I've been doing for the past like forever? When do I get to fight this evil guy you keep talking about?"

and for him to arrange meeting for us with other ponies so we can explain ourselves to them.
+1 goes to telling Awesomnicus to fix us a meeting with his friends
Right now I really want to talk to Luna.

: "Well, like I was saying before Clover got here: before you fight him you first have to gather up all your friends together. Twilight and Pinkie and Luna, and whoever else is here...and...umm...then I'd like to talk to them...please."

Awesomicus rolls his eyes.

: "Laaaaame! What do you mean 'gather up my friends' so you can talk to them? What for?"

: "So you can team up together against the big bad evil guy in Red Mountain?"

: "Seriously?  Celestia, this is soooo lame! What do you think I'm even playing this game for?"

: "What do you mean?"

: "Every time some bad guy threaten Equestria it's always 'get our friends.' 'Use the elements.' Follow Twilight around and 'yay stupid jewelry' saves the day. Not me, not my flying, just some stupid hunk of magic I don't understand and the power of friendship. Whole reason I'm playing this dumb game is so that I can be the hero for once."

When he puts it like that, that makes a lot of sense. Unfortunately the more he explains, the more angry he seems to be getting.

: "And now you're seriously telling me I can't do that even here? Even in a game that's supposed to be for fun I still have to be some lame tagalong who can't do anything except play messenger mare for everypony else and stand in the chorus while Twilight...'oh and friends' saves the day? Well, buck this game and bu-"

Awesomicus makes a motion mid-sentence as if to grab something from his head and throw it to the ground. The moment he does, he goes completely silent but no less animated. You watch as he angrily continues his rant, watch as his mouth continues to move...but no sound comes out.

: "Dash?"

He continues his silent rant.

: "Dash? Can you hear me?"

No response. After another few moments of silent yelling, he stops moving his mouth. Then vanishes.

: "Well, that could have gone better."

Once done talking to Awesomicus, find Draren

You spent a day or two dead. It's possible Draren has left for Seyda Neen by now. If not, he's still at the Dren Plantation. Unfortunately Pelagiad has no mage guild and no silt strider, which means that whichever place you go you'll probably have to walk. You check the sky.

: "Ahh, sun...my ever loyal companion. Never leaving me night or day, and never mocking me for my foolishness. Though that one time with the orc in Gnisis was still pretty embarrassing."

The sun is in about the middle of the sky, so you have several hours before dark. Probably enough time to get to either location, but not enough to get to one, then turn around and reach the other. Though you're not really sure travel is any safer during the day, and if that potion Awesomicus gave you is as strong as it smells, you could probably take on even two cliff racers at once with it. But only once and then it's gone. It might be better to hold onto it rather than waste it as a panic potion. Or maybe sell it.

While you debate what to do, you sit down and have a chat with the voices.

if Awesomicus begins to become irate because of anything you do, stop and ask us for help.

: "Sorry. It kind of escalated too fast. Though if you guys knew he was going to get upset, you could have said something sooner."

... uh, what's Frozen?
I too would like some answers about is that Frozen bit.

: "Oh, right. Frozen. We've talked about Star Trek a couple times and I think one of you mentioned Darth Vader at one point, so I just assumed you'd know what Frozen is too. Do you guys know about Disney? Do you know what animation is? Some movies have live actors. Like Star Trek. Others are all animation. Like, you know in Star wars how the light sabers look? They're not real, they're drawn on after filming. Frozen is an entire movie where everything is made like that, and the voice actors are dubbed in on top of the animation."

Guys, how does Michael know about Frozen? This whole thing started in May 2013, yet Frozen came out in November. I mean sure, he might have seen a teaser, but to know the soundtrack months before the film was released? I mean, he could have been later on in that year than us when he arrived here, but that raises further questions.
There are three constants in the universe: Frozen, Death and Will Smith. Don't question it.

Michael frowns.

: "What do you mean? I came to Morrowind in May, right? I've been here for a couple months, so now it's what...July? August? Frozen's been out for a good 8 months or so."

This whole thing started in May 2013

: "No, I've only been here a couple months. May 2013 was over a year ago. Unless..."

Michael turns pale.

: "...umm, guys? When I first got here remember how time was different for my cell phone and it seemed like days passed by really fast? How much time has passed since I've been here? I thought this was like July or August of 2014. Is this where you tell me 100 years have passed and it's really 2100-something? What year is it? It's still 2014, right?"

Spoiler: Stats (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Attributes (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: skills (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Equipped (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Faction standings (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Spells known (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Alchemy Knowledge (click to show/hide)

What do you do?

ShoesandHats

• Bay Watcher
  • Shoes cancels Drink: Intensified by Penguin Man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2298 on: July 08, 2014, 02:17:21 am »

2014 on our end.  Maybe you were from the future in the first place and we only just now caught up with you time-wise because of the weird time in Nirn? That would be really weird and convoluted, though. Where I am, it's the 8th of July, 2014. You appeared in Morrowind on the 23rd of May, 2013. I can't necessarily expect you to recall exactly what day you disappeared from the real world, but I would assume you could still remember what year or month. Can you think of some significant events that happened before you got teleported or whatever? Big news stories, new games or movies, anything? This'll only really raise more questions, but you need to have a question before you can answer it.

Also, expect less voices for a while, we're a bit preoccupied with a new release of a game.  :P

You should probably head towards Seyda Neen. If you head to Dren Plantation, they probably won't let you stay the night. There's at least an inn and some (fairly) friendly villagers over in Seyda Neen.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2014, 02:22:07 am by ShoesandHats »

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2299 on: July 08, 2014, 02:30:46 am »

Well, looking back at the first few updates, the cell phone only gave us time, not date. It could have been July or August 2014 for him when he started. Given that a Morrowind day is something like 30 minutes, he can't have been here more than a few weeks in cell-phone time.

Michael, when we began, it was May 2013 for us. It is now July 2014. There is some serious time dilation going on here. This may have something to do with the fact that the medium through which we view your experiences has a long update cycle due to the effort involved in each update. I don't know why I'm telling you this, direct references to the author have thus far seemed to escape your hearing. This may be for the best in terms of your sanity.

Re: Awesomicus: Well, that went about as well as predicted. I apologize for the lazy, passive-aggressive "think of something better damnit!" being my only participation on that front.

The only thing stopping this plan to use the PCs is Vivec and Wraithguard. And with enough HP and enchantments, it's possible to simply tank the damage dealt by Keening and Sunder to their wielder. It's entirely possible that even singlehandedly Awesomicus could steamroll Red Mountain right now. However, this makes me want to go back to "find a dreamer or other person with hotline to the Sharmat and communicate." We have a bit of a bargaining chip on that front, I think, and Dagoth Ur and Azura are the two major powers we haven't heard much from yet. We've spoken with Vivec, Caius, 2 PCs/Ponies, Sheogorath, Divayth Fyr, and Yagrum.

Could we reach Pelagaid by nightfall if we went to the plantation? We could simply loiter until morning, provided we don't need to recharge health or magicka.

LordBucket

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2300 on: July 08, 2014, 02:44:59 am »

direct references to the author have thus far seemed to escape your hearing

"Hey, speak to a certain Lordbucket about consoling you stuff to survive. By the way, I am so totally breaking the Fourth and Fifth wall right now."

: "I don't know who that is. Not sure what you mean by the fifth wall, either. But the fourth wall....which fourth wall do you mean? I hear you as voices in my head. Are you guys playing Morrowind? Like, on a computer? Are you looking at me on a screen right now? If you are, that's kind of creepy. Vivec told me that you were my 'higher self' I think was how he described it and I assumed he meant...well, I guess I just assumed it was some kind of fancy new-age spiritual thing and that you were all guardian angels or something. Can you guys seriously access the command console? Because that would totally make my life easier."

2 PCs/Ponies

2?

Sparksol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2301 on: July 08, 2014, 08:12:31 am »

When and if we meet Awesomicus again, we'll have to apologize and explain a few things, if he bothers to listen. If he does, we should probably explain that things are a bit confused about the quest because as far as we knew, this was originally a single-player game, and he should be able to do this alone just like he wanted, but there's five ponies that we know of currently playing this - possibly more - and some of the main quest points have been done by Awesomicus, Clover has done at least two we're aware of, SexyWhithers and Adorabella have done one that Awesomicus also did - that whole having a fortress built thing, like Castle Awesome - and who knows what Imare's done, other than becoming a werewoof. We'll need to talk to all the ponies playing just to find out who's done what and if this quest can be fixed so just one player can do it. (I'll add this to my "Things to Remember" list.)

(Although on a note we shouldn't tell Awesomicus, before we try fixing it we need to find out if we should.)

So Dash broke the game through console abuse? That's worth knowing, and is probably responsible for one of our deja-vu moments, though whether it was the first one at the mage's guild (which is still a debatable thing as to whether or not that one was a world-affecting event or genuine deja-vu) or the second one just after that first death is up for discussion. The fact that the console privilege had been recently revoked also explains why the orc was described as sulking described back in chapter 26.
: "The orc spent most of his time sulking, and the (dunmer) girl was too busy asking questions to be concerned over simple pleasantries like names."

Finding out that Michael has been here a couple months from his own point of view and over a year from our point of view is definitely worth knowing, but since we don't have enough info about what the time-screw is going on with that - or if we do have enough info, we don't know that we know it - all we can really do is put it on record that Michael's been here since May 2014 from his own point of view and go on from there. If this changes in our perspective, we can try and see if there's been any deja-vu moments between that theoretical point and now.

So yes, confirmed, Michael, it's early July 2014 from our point of view right now. Although it looks like things may keep going at this rate from our end, so let's hope we can all see this through while we're in the same decade.
Oh, and sorry about the Awesomicus getting upset thing, Michael. We couldn't be sure about that.

Anyway, we now know that the password which that interestingly-dressed boatman wants is "Party" so we can visit Imare who is almost definitely the pony known as Pinkie Pie. Do we dare visit her, considering the fourth-wall shenanigans that will no doubt ensue? She might try talking with us voices directly, not unlike what Sheogorath did, although possibly more well-intentioned. And what would we talk to her about anyway, even if she is at home? (I'll add this to my notes as well.)

Also, if Clover returns any time soon, it'll probably be right around here. Do we want to talk with her soon, or head back to Seyda Neen and leave her wondering where that possibly buggy NPC has gone off to?

If Sheogorath/Discord shows up, it might be in Seyda Neen or might be right there with Clover (likely so she can lock his console privileges as well.) For that matter, there's no telling what he'll look like or what his name will be. Though if he shows up as M'aiq the Liar...well. We'll deal with the local trickster deity when he shows up again.

HugoLuman, we've met Clover, Awesomicus, Imare, and technically Bjorn although it sounds like we'll not meet him again. We've also seen SexyWhithers, and we've heard of Adorabella, but haven't actually met either of them.

As for right now, I'll vote to check the plantation only if we can get back to Pelagiad before dark if Draren's not there. What do we want to do in Seyda Neen other than check in with Draren? More combat and spell grinding and alchemy item-picking? Keep in mind we no longer have our enchanted backup panic weapon for emergencies, and defense-wise what little armor we've got is about as useful as our regular clothing until it's repaired - which we can't really afford, unless my understanding of the economics involved is off. We've got to figure out what's going on, because it seems to be involving at least four realms of existence at the minimum. And the only one we can see through the help of Michael is undergoing some seriously troubling things, not just Dagoth Ur.

I've got some half-formed ideas, but I'm going to need to mull over them a bit. They're not even making sense to me yet.

Can anyone confirm for me what race Adorabella is? All I can find in my notes is that she's a vampire in House Hlaalu who's probably Rarity.

Things to remember: (In the future, unless people object, I'll start putting most of these in spoilers - not to hide them from Michael, just to take up less space out here. Unless one becomes more immediately relevant.)

Right now:
We have one emergency healing potion, although it's one heck of a good one; we should have it appraised to see what it's worth. We also have one water walking potion, no useful armor and two basic iron daggers. (My note that we had an invisibility potion was a mistake on my part.)

New item: When and if we meet Awesomicus again, we'll have to apologize and explain a few things, if he bothers to listen. If he does, we should probably explain that things are a bit confused on the quest because we're mostly familiar with this as a single-player game, and he should be able to do this alone, but there's four ponies that we know of currently playing this - possibly more - and some of the main quest points have been done by Awesomicus, Clover has done at least two we're aware of, SexyWhithers and Adorabella have done one that Awesomicus also did - that whole having a fortress built thing, Castle Awesome - and who knows what Imare's done. We'll need to talk to all the ponies playing just to find out who's done what and if this quest can be fixed.

New item: We now know that the password which that interestingly-dressed boatman wants is "Party" so we can visit Imare who is almost definitely the pony known as Pinkie Pie. Do we dare visit her, considering the fourth-wall shenanigans that will no doubt ensue? She might try talking with us voices directly, not unlike what Sheogorath did, although possibly more well-intentioned. And what would we talk to her about anyway, even if she is at home?

Updated item: If we should need to visit Divayth Fyr again - or pretty much any place on Vvardenfell or even the island of Solstheim - not readily accessible by silt strider, teleport service, or boat? Buy a couple cheap Rising Force (levitation) potions and at least one recall scroll, then stop by Vivec (the city) and pay a visit to the Shrine to Stop the Moon. Offer the potion at the shrine and ask for a blessing, and fly around for what should be 24 full minutes at a reasonably high speed. (At least, it was in vanilla. Not sure about this version.) Find the place from the air, and still likely float around while you're there. Beats the heck out of 15 seconds of water-walk here and there. (Awesomicus may still be interested in this.) I'll should note that despite it's fine speed (100 points of levitation), it's still not fast enough to completely escape cliff racers. Although if you're careful you should be able to see them far enough in advance to avoid them so long as you're not in fog or an ash storm. And if they spot you anyway, you can still lose them in trees or something. You are close enough to the ground for trees or giant mushrooms, right? //This might not be of any use.

We know how to get to Pelagiad without too much difficulty, and we should probably look up Nelvyn Andrano at some point even though we no longer have the recommendation letter from Ranis. But that's something for after we've got the time and money to spare, and not only do we not have the gold, but we still haven't made up for that month we lost in basic training when we joined the legion. //This might be a red herring at this point.

Somewhere out there, some poor schlub of a dunmer is either looking for the tallest tree in Sheogorad, or trying to get as far away from Vvardenfell as possible. He may be carrying or have sold the stuff he took off our body while we were dead, including but not limited to an enchanted dagger, a Rainbow Dash shirt, and a dwemer puzzle cube with a note inside it for Divayth Fyr. It's worth it to note that there's very few trees in the Sheogorad region unless you count giant mushrooms. //This might also be a red herring at this point.
Religion, over time, tends to diverge. Science tends to converge.
Funny thing about magic, it doesn't consistently go either way.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2302 on: July 08, 2014, 02:02:50 pm »

I said spoken with, not just seen or met. We've only spoken with 2 of them in their capacity as PC's. Awesomicus for a while, and Clover just now. Maybe Imare counts, but that whole read our thoughts thing is a little suspect. The other PCs haven't been able to do that, but we've seen that Daedric Lords can.

Sparksol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2303 on: July 08, 2014, 08:30:22 pm »

Yeah, fair enough. We only had a line or two with Bjorn, and he's probably not coming back anyway. Imare's a bit odd in more than one way like that, and in a normal game Imare is an NPC. A House Hlaalu NPC who knows a good invisibility spell and a reasonably good chameleon spell. She could be right next to us now and we wouldn't even know it. Hello, please don't attack us!

As to the Daedric Lords, there's this.

: "What about full on telepathy?"

Yagrum frowns, and doesn't answer right away.

: "It's been done. My people were working on it when they disappeared, but I was in another dimension at the time, so I can't tell you for certain how successful they were. The Psijic Order beat us to it by a couple centuries though. We actually got the idea from them. And I'm sure there are daedra who can do it. In fact, I'd just assume that anything you think within sight of a daedric prince, they probably know about. I wouldn't be surprised if some of them could even read your entire life's memory in a glance."

So I'm going to say I don't think Imare's a daedric prince, because I don't think she fits the profile for any of them known on Nirn. Dwemer are ruled out (since they're gone,) Psijic Order isn't ruled out, and technically neither is a more standard daedra. Personally though, I'm going with something else entirely; from what I understand it's generally accepted that the pony behind Imare, Pinkie, is something of a fourth-wall breaker. She's probably just reading the board along with us. (Or is being portrayed by someone who happens to be LordBucket's roommate or something.)

As for other things...
  • That Ascended Sleeper back in Seyda Neen wanted us to join them before it was too late, as though they're on a time limit just as much as we appear to be.
  • Morrowind as we know it is a single-player game. We met someone else (SexyWhithers) with player-like knowledge practically at the very start. Something or someone, possibly the ponies, messed with this world to make it multi-player capable, but this doesn't appear to include said players being able to do the exact same quests. Since some players have done certain parts of the main quest, and other players did other parts, the main quest as we know it might well be broken now.
  • Multiple time-perspective troubles.
  • One of the dreams since we arrived/woke up here appeared to involve one who may be the leader of the ponies, Celestia, who said something about wanting to be friends. In what I'm totally sure is complete coincidence (he said in massive sarcasm quotes) said pony is connected to the sun. The description of this one in the dream was very much like how the sun was described once we were able to channel magicka, and this dream happened before we could do that.
  • That same dream was the one where the world slowed to a stop as Awesomicus described, which as it turns out was well after the first two deja-vu moments. There may be more time-screwery involved, or the game-breaking thing had nothing to do with that.

Now, while I have nothing against a bit of useful grinding, I think if we stick around killing mudcrabs and slaughterfish with Draren for too long, it's a different style of the same trap we fell into with joining the Legion.

I'll agree we need to -eventually/not right now- speak with Azura and Dagoth Ur. As well as whoever SexyWhithers really is. The question is when? When we think we're ready? As soon as we can safely get to them? I'm all for getting more survivable as we go around the land doing whatever it is we do, but having a solid goal in mind that we can work toward seems to be our weak spot. (I mean other than generally being about as weak as your average new Morrowind player character.)

Since survivability is an issue we need to either be solo-capable which is going to be more difficult for us than for a regular player for a variety of reasons, or we need a small group of people we can team up with and who is willing to accompany us wherever our easily-distracted mind(s) lead us. And possibly they may help keep us on track. I don't know if Draren would be up for this task. Imare would probably be good for surviving, though not so much for keeping on track, while Clover could be good for both, provided we could explain what we know and what we think we know. And if she doesn't insist on the idea that we're just a buggy NPC.

Azura's Shrine is easiest to reach if the Shrine to Stop the Moon works in a similar way as it does in standard Morrowind (fewer cliff racers in the way), but we have no way of being sure that she'll talk to us. I mean heck, Azura's quest in Morrowind involves a bet between her and Sheogorath, and we went and asked him for help. LordBucket only knows what kind of form that 'help' will take. I'd suggest we try to take Clover along for talking to Azura if we talk to Clover first, but there's no guarantee of that happening. Also, I'm mildly amused at the idea of taking Clover A.K.A. Twilight along to see the Daedric Prince of Dusk and Dawn. (This will be added to my notes.)

EDIT: Just remembered, Azura has two shrines on Vvardenfell. If we have to go all the way to the Cavern of the Incarnate instead of her regular shrine, a more roundabout route will be needed even with long-lasting high-speed levitation, otherwise we'll be the eye of a Cliff Racer tornado.

'Fun' facts:There is to the best of my knowledge no Daedric Prince of the day or the sun; either Meridia or Azura is the closest thing we've got to that, and I don't think we deal with Meridia in Morrowind. (Meridia's sphere of influence is more life than light anyway.) Azura is the sister of Nocturnal; and Celestia is the sister of Luna, both sets of which kind of tie in to each other that way. There's a bit of uncertainty as to exactly how or if any of this matters to us.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2014, 11:46:49 pm by Sparksol »

QuakeIV

• Bay Watcher
  • Cant resist... must edit post.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2304 on: July 09, 2014, 05:54:54 pm »

He poses in his daedric armor. At least you think he's posing. He seems to be standing on one leg and reaching his arms forward while stretching his other leg back and...flexing it? Between that and the goofy-looking grin on his face you struggle not to laugh, but manage to give him a thumbs up instead.

He seems to be standing on one leg and reaching his arms forward while stretching his other leg back and...flexing it?

http://www.afranko.net/2014/02/rainbow-dash-2/
« Last Edit: July 09, 2014, 05:58:36 pm by QuakeIV »
GENERATION 9: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
I wish my grass was emo, then it would cut itself.
Quote from: Jesus
Quote from: The Big Fat Carp
Jesus, you broke the site!
Sorry, Bro.
link to quote

QuakeIV

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2305 on: July 12, 2014, 12:15:29 am »

Anyways the reason I think this is significant is because I feel like this is in some way a translated reality.  Either we aren't seeing what is there and something is having issue translating actions for us, or the ponies have computers trying to 'humanise' their movements.
GENERATION 9: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Sorry, Bro.
link to quote

Sparksol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2306 on: July 12, 2014, 03:19:33 am »

Anyways the reason I think this is significant is because I feel like this is in some way a translated reality.  Either we aren't seeing what is there and something is having issue translating actions for us, or the ponies have computers trying to 'humanise' their movements.
I agree, but I think it's too early to tell. I thought Awesomicus mentioned flying earlier, but I'm not finding that now, so I could be wrong there. But he did mention Clover holding things out in her hand, so either there's some extra translating going on or they're playing as humanoids and they know it. And they've got minotaurs and such, they do know about hands. (It's also possible LB miswrote something, but given how much detail has gone into this so far, I kinda doubt that one.)
EDIT: I will add that from the non-identical sword swings and noticeable facial expressions Michael noticed when Awesomicus was swinging Eltonbrand around, it's probable that they're using some sort of VR-style magic-enhanced control interface.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2014, 03:57:50 am by Sparksol »

LordBucket

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2307 on: July 12, 2014, 03:58:06 pm »

Current votes are:

* Go to Seyda Neen
 * Go to the Dren Plantation
 * Go to the Dren Plantation...maybe

I can probably make an update out of that, but it's not a lot to work with. Does anyone have any further input?

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2308 on: July 12, 2014, 06:52:57 pm »

If we can make it back to Pelagaid before nightfall, head to Dren Plantation. If not, Seyda Neen. If need be, just loiter until morning.

If you get the chance, send a letter or leave a message for the general at the nearest official place.

QuakeIV

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2309 on: July 13, 2014, 01:28:47 am »

Do we have any way to leave some kind of message for awesomicus?  I'm not sure what would actually work, drawing in the dirt probably wouldn't get noticed, and I don't think we have any remaining paper.  Assuming he even ever logs back in, and does so in the same spot.  If so I guess we could try to set up a quest hook that involves just him.  Or maybe we could try to find new gear and try to look like a different guy before trying to get a second chance with awesomicus.  e: He seems to be pretty stupid so I expect we could just get some weird non-form-fitting clothes and he wouldn't look too hard at what just happened.

Assuming nobody comes up with any ideas regarding a message, I support any suggestion that leads us to civilization, or at least somewhere with access to the strider network.

Griping to follow;

I think largely though we have no idea what the hell to do.  We pretty much had our chance to work with awesomicus and totally blew that when we couldn't come up with a quest.  I don't know about anyone else, but I have never played morrowind so I wouldn't even know what to suggest there or what was possible.  I kinda feel like we just got our asses kicked.  We have no ability to compete with the player character directly, to the point of extreme poverty, and when the player characters fell right into our hands we still couldn't do anything with that.  On top of that we probably have to talk the actually smart pony out of killing us because she thinks we are bugged or some training simulation officer.  Its not like we have awesomicus support in that right now.  It seems like our options are wander off and live in poverty until another player finds us, or wander off in a different direction and wait for the same.

I'd understand if you said that we COULD be at their level by now, but honestly we are doing everything by committee.  It is an absolute democracy, which has been historically suicidal, (the greeks literally came up with the 51% party once and voted away the rights of everyone else, then fractally divided until their little country exploded into riots and fire) especially when the time scale results in us having to remember day to day things over the course of weeks.  Gestalt minds like that cannot come close to a single human in terms of effectiveness.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2014, 01:33:12 am by QuakeIV »
Sorry, Bro.
link to quote
Pages: 1 ... 152 153 [154] 155 156 ... 161