Dwarf Fortress > Utilities and 3rd Party Applications

Stockflow Plugin for DFHack

(1/5) > >>

breadman:
After using DFHack for a while, and falconne's autotrade plugin in particular, I realized that it would be able to implement my proposal from the "Manager Auto-fills stockpiles" thread.  That is, I could pretend that the Bookkeeper would add work orders to the Manager's queue, based on settings selected from the building tasks menu for my stockpiles.

Stockflow plugin 1.0 is now ready for download.  It currently requires DFHack v0.34.11-r3 for Windows or Linux.  Unzip it to your Dwarf Fortress folder, add "stockflow enable" to your dfhack.init file, and you should be good to go.

Spoiler: Screenshots (click to show/hide)At first, the only difference it makes is one new hotkey in the 'q' menu for stockpiles:

When you press 'j', it takes you to a screen that should look familiar:

Selecting a job tells the bookkeeper to queue a work order for one of those jobs for (by default) each empty stockpile space.  In this case, I want this stockpile to stay full of empty barrels:

Then, pressing 'J' will change the trigger condition.  This plant stockpile is now set to brew each plant stored there:

For reactions that produce and/or consume multiple items, you might want to trigger a little less often.  Cooking a lavish meal, for example, only needs one work order for every four items in the cookable food pile:

The magic happens when your bookkeeper updates stockpile records, so make sure you have an office ready:

When the bookkeeper finishes, the manager will then be asked to validate work orders for anything that needs to be done:

Caveat: It might be buggy.  Actually, I know that it can over-count items stored in stockpiles, but at least it ignores boulders for non-stone stockpiles, and empty bins or barrels for non-furniture stockpiles.  In addition, the job selection screen might be slightly different than the official one, particularly when mods are in effect.

Also, as I explained in the suggestion thread, the selected job is not guaranteed to match what the stockpile stores.  Your manager may well place the jobs in the wrong workshop, created items might get hauled off to some other place, and jobs might get cancelled if another reagent is unavailable.  Think of this as a proof of concept, to see whether my suggestion needs to be improved before Toady gets to it.

expwnent:
Looks useful.

Is there a github page? I always compile DFHack from source.

breadman:

--- Quote from: expwnent on May 24, 2013, 11:11:23 am ---Is there a github page? I always compile DFHack from source.

--- End quote ---

Try the stockflow-clean branch of git://github.com/eswald/dfhack.git

It's not showing up on the site yet, but I've been able to pull from it.

expwnent:
Thanks.

Meph:
Excuse the question, but what exactly does it do?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version