Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Stockflow Plugin for DFHack  (Read 14881 times)

Henour

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Stockflow Plugin for DFHack
« Reply #15 on: December 22, 2014, 01:26:24 pm »

Does the fast option get saved between sessions? It only seems to work for me with the fast option being enabled but it seems to not persist between saving and reloading.

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 22, 2014, 03:20:15 pm »

It doesn't appear to be. You can "save" it on a per-save basis by adding "stockflow fast" to <DF>/data/save/<Save folder>/raw/onLoad.init (creating that file if it doesn't exist).
DFHack - Dwarf Manipulator (Lua) - DF Wiki talk

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

breadman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 22, 2014, 08:06:51 pm »

True, the "fast" setting is per session, not per save.  In practice, I have it set in my dfhack.init file, replacing the "stockflow enable" line.

I've considered trying to make the bookkeeper work more often, but meddling with bookkeeper_cooldown doesn't seem to help.  The new versions may contribute something interesting along those lines, though.
Quote from: Kevin Wayne, in r.g.r.n
Is a "diety" the being pictured by one of those extremely skinny aboriginal statues?

Henour

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 23, 2014, 10:37:20 am »

True, the "fast" setting is per session, not per save.  In practice, I have it set in my dfhack.init file, replacing the "stockflow enable" line.

I've considered trying to make the bookkeeper work more often, but meddling with bookkeeper_cooldown doesn't seem to help.  The new versions may contribute something interesting along those lines, though.
Might be worth saving? But for now I will just add it :-)

Henour

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 24, 2014, 05:52:29 am »

Another question, not sure if its out of scope for your Plugin but would it technically be possible to create something like stockflow that feeds orders directly into workshops instead of using the Manager?

Especially when using links with workshops often using the manager for orders can be problematic :(

breadman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 26, 2014, 02:25:48 pm »

Another question, not sure if its out of scope for your Plugin but would it technically be possible to create something like stockflow that feeds orders directly into workshops instead of using the Manager?

Especially when using links with workshops often using the manager for orders can be problematic :(

Yes, it's technically possible, but creating workshop jobs directly is far more fiddly.  Using the Manager means I only have to deal with one list, and simplifies other things as well.

Perhaps the trickiest part is selecting the workshop based on the stockpile.  Ideally, there would be exactly one relevant workshop linked to the stockpile, but the plugin would also have to handle zero or many, and "relevant" may be tricky to program.  Does the game break if I accidentally enqueue a cooking job in the Butcher's workshop?  What if the workshop already has ten jobs?

I might, however, be persuaded to write a workshop profile plugin.  It couldn't completely prevent jobs from going to the wrong workshop, but it could probably move them to a more appropriate one.
Quote from: Kevin Wayne, in r.g.r.n
Is a "diety" the being pictured by one of those extremely skinny aboriginal statues?
Pages: 1 [2]