Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 12

Author Topic: Avorion- Space Sandbox  (Read 27739 times)

alway

• Bay Watcher
  • 🏳️‍⚧️
    • View Profile
Re: Avorion- Space Sandbox
« Reply #120 on: February 04, 2017, 02:07:07 pm »

This game really knows how to do random salvage treasure chests well. So occasionally, one of the 'hidden mass' points that shows up with the upgraded radar contains a massive wreck. I've seen as much as 6.2 million xanion wrecks thus far, which was around 5km long, not counting external debris field. What follows is a rather nifty hunt for all the glowy bits (since that's where the actual materials are), while defending against all the random encounter fleets that show up. You will end up getting more materials in a few minutes on one of those than boring old mining for hours.

By the way, if you plan on doing lots of jumping around one after another, the singleplayer server side seems to lock up (on my machine at least), needing to be killed by task manager. Due to the way saving works, your player is kicked to another sector when you get booted out, leaving your ship potentially dozens of tiles away (though it is still there and you do still own it; it just doesn't show up on any menus). If you switch to the beta build version, the saves were changed to happen whenever you jump, so you stay in your ship when you get back into the game. Highly recommend it.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2017, 02:10:52 pm by alway »

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
  • Σὺν Ἀθηνᾷ καὶ χεῖρα κίνει
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: February 04, 2017, 04:00:39 pm »

switching the server to the beta channel, hold tight...

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: February 04, 2017, 04:05:00 pm »

aaand we're back up!

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: February 04, 2017, 04:15:07 pm »

you'll all need to redownload the modpack because one was incompatible with beta - delete data revalidate and get it proper

https://www.dropbox.com/s/zn2e2hhqg6acmkg/data.zip?dl=0

sorry about that, the whole thing is kinda moving fast. hope that will fix the connection error, otherwise it's erase and rewind time.

edit: nope save is fucked -_-
« Last Edit: February 04, 2017, 04:16:55 pm by LoSboccacc »

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: February 04, 2017, 07:15:15 pm »

server is now in autorestart, since there are quite often crashes, at least 2 confirmed (removing turret under certain circumstances and the memory leak as mentioned which triggers the oom killer)

--

bay12 avorion server! 198.12.81.39
« Last Edit: February 04, 2017, 09:32:58 pm by LoSboccacc »

Gabeux

• Bay Watcher
  • Addicted to building stuff.
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: February 05, 2017, 07:30:59 pm »

Gonna put a link here for my tips on how to find your lost ship (if any bugs occur and your position is moved/rollbacked and you can't find your ship), and also in case sectors get corrupted, broken, and/or cause CTDs. I don't expect the tips to be relevant for long though, as those issues are the top priority and currently being worked on.

I don't have a lot of time to play right now, but a modded B12 server can be really fun - I like how the game is really co-op, so if people get together to kill a boss, everyone gets the prize (i.e. no need to kill the same boss 10 times. Can be really cool if people get together to produce a ton of goods, maybe even making everything necessary to craft our own OP turrets.
Crafting turrets is most definitely the way to go - people that didn't even get through the barrier yet got 80k+ omicron worth of firepower, while I, having finished the game and done a some hunting on the highest tech level area, have 21k omicron.

And nice one LoSboccacc, autorestart is most definitely the way to go on this game.
PS: Damn, nice mods. Too bad the OOS Production seems like a duct-tape solution.. how long a server without players keep loaded on the server (default being 5 minutes)?
« Last Edit: February 05, 2017, 07:35:02 pm by Gabeux »
It honestly feels like a lot of their problems came from the fact that their entire team was composed of cats, and the people who were supposed to be herding them were also cats.

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: February 06, 2017, 02:32:20 am »

yeah you can get a massive turret for pittance, noticed that. you need to find all the pieces, so at least there's some work involved :D
(I don't like tho that every one of them crafted gets the independent targeting attribute)

the OOS Production mod is the only way to go in principle on a game that has 512x512 sectors, you can't calculate them all, no other way around, it needs to happen at sector spawn. btw it had issue working with the beta branch I guess we'll get it back next update.

etgfrog

• Bay Watcher
  • delete & NULL;
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: February 06, 2017, 04:48:17 am »

yeah you can get a massive turret for pittance, noticed that. you need to find all the pieces, so at least there's some work involved :D
(I don't like tho that every one of them crafted gets the independent targeting attribute)

the OOS Production mod is the only way to go in principle on a game that has 512x512 sectors, you can't calculate them all, no other way around, it needs to happen at sector spawn. btw it had issue working with the beta branch I guess we'll get it back next update.
The stats on the crafted turrets change with each turret factory.
"How dare you get angry after being scammed."

Ygdrad

• Bay Watcher
  • Overanalyzing and overthinking EVERYTHING.
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: February 06, 2017, 11:53:14 am »

There's also currently a bug where some turret types at some quality levels, most noticeably the highest quality have their damage scale inversely with the amount of material you put into the factory to make them.

This inverse scaling bug is very easy to temporarily fix yourself though as explained here: http://www.avorion.net/forum/index.php/topic,1329.msg6518.html#msg6518
« Last Edit: February 06, 2017, 11:56:18 am by Ygdrad »
A yawn is a silent scream for coffee.

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: February 06, 2017, 12:53:20 pm »

gonna change it so next crash it gets fixed

deoloth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: February 06, 2017, 06:26:53 pm »

Server is suddenly unreachable for me, which is odd because I can see it in my menu and I watched it go from 2/10 to 4/10 pop. Hrm.

-Edit- Ah, my housemate connected to the game and I think that might have made my connection wonky. Went away with a computer restart.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2017, 06:40:43 pm by deoloth »

Ygdrad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: February 06, 2017, 07:52:52 pm »

The stable branch was updated and has the server fixes and more. One of my favorite changes is:

"[UBR] Fixed ships flying away and crashing into asteroids/stations after changing sectors, which looks like you've spawned inside an asteroid"

Which cost me a couple ships so far.

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: February 07, 2017, 03:38:15 am »

gonna drop the server a couple hours, ip will change as I move to a better machine, tell me if you have any network issue with that because it's a new colocation and idk how their nic is.

let's try tho because this server is a mean machine and if the network is good will run avorion no sweat.

edit: it's taking a while to transfer the save because it's 1.8 Gb o_O
« Last Edit: February 07, 2017, 04:19:01 am by LoSboccacc »

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: February 07, 2017, 04:34:18 am »

server is up at 104.192.169.222 can anyone help and test how it's going?

Ygdrad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: February 07, 2017, 08:40:21 am »

server is up at 104.192.169.222 can anyone help and test how it's going?

I will after I get some sleep. Are we still on beta branch or moved back to stable now that the path has been pushed?
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 12