Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12

Author Topic: Avorion- Space Sandbox  (Read 27779 times)

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
  • Σὺν Ἀθηνᾷ καὶ χεῖρα κίνει
    • View Profile
Re: Avorion- Space Sandbox
« Reply #135 on: February 07, 2017, 08:41:23 am »

it's stable but the code is 100% the same as of now

alway

• Bay Watcher
  • 🏳️‍⚧️
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: February 08, 2017, 02:27:26 am »

Currently setting up shop in 140:68, messing around with the station mechanics. Starting with an aluminum mine, a few observations thus far:
Stations are very expensive, and setting them up potentially more so. In addition to the fixed credit cost, you can construct them like the ships, which adds even more expense, and is necessary for them to function (no cargo bays = no creation of materials). Like ships, they also need to be staffed, by transferring crew from a ship. The stations do however start with crew you can hire apparently, but you can't hire them from onboard the station; requiring a bit of an annoying dance to hire onto your ship, then transfer to the station. This includes mechanics, without which it will lose hp like the ships. The goods generated appear to be free to purchase: currently unknown as to whether this applies to other players or if permissions effect this (and unknown where the credits go if players do have to pay for them). Furthermore, you do need other ships and such to defend them, as they can neither rotate nor move, making most directions dead zones for their turrets.

And a gratuitous image of my nearly identical craft; the ROU Extreme Measures and the ROU Return to Center.
https://imgur.com/a/vr6GB
With the former on the left guarding the sector under AI control, and the latter being the slightly more nimble variant for flying around to other sectors and constructing debris fields.

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: February 08, 2017, 02:45:55 am »

out of sector production has been update fixing the incompatibility with the latest release.

will update the modpack later on, the carrier command got some fix in as well. if the server's down you know why, will post link after the fact.

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: February 08, 2017, 05:44:56 am »

here's the modpack https://www.dropbox.com/s/3to2gmtlwitp2lp/data.zip?dl=0

contains the crew number fix, turret factory fix, carrier commands, sector production, salvage commands, and set home sector so that people can choose where to respawn.

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: February 18, 2017, 03:34:21 pm »

server updated to the latest beta, modpack updated as well, grab it there:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/tvs5zyv4lmv9pxg/data.zip?dl=0

updated mods:
carrier commands
salvage command
out of sector production

added mods:
compass gate icon
detail turret stats

tweaks:
mining power x3
salvaging power x1.5

all common crew, fighters and turrets are now common
« Last Edit: February 18, 2017, 03:39:43 pm by LoSboccacc »

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: February 18, 2017, 09:51:07 pm »

Question - does the out-of-sector production include NPC trade routes, or is it just stocking up goods?

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: February 19, 2017, 04:40:48 pm »

Question - does the out-of-sector production include NPC trade routes, or is it just stocking up goods?

all factories. if you leave the sector and they have goods, they catch up with production, I've modded it so that if you leave the sector and they don't have the goods, they still produce something, at a tenth of their standard rate, to simulate npc traders you'd get while in sector

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: February 19, 2017, 08:53:30 pm »

Okay but NPC traders will buy from your station and you get credits, right?

Additionally, do you have the full list of mods on the server?  Not just recent changes, but the complete list.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2017, 09:09:48 pm by Girlinhat »

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: February 19, 2017, 09:09:30 pm »

No it isn't that advanced you gonna have to sell the stuff or wait in sector for npc traders to pick it up

edit: checked the API it seems possible to have npc trader buying stuff 'simufaked' as the sector updates on load. you still need to fly by sectors one by one but you get money for excess resources that don't fit in storage.

the amount of money do unbalances things a little. it's probably best to up difficulty to compensate, as money is ultimately the limiting factor on ship size
« Last Edit: February 20, 2017, 03:52:21 am by LoSboccacc »

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: February 20, 2017, 08:34:06 am »

update: I found a solution to traders not being simulated, I'm testing it on my server right now.

btw, since we all got our fix of endgame I'm planning to do a server reset. The previous galaxy is safe in a backup so no worries, if there's demand I'll start it on a different port.

Here are the changes:

- mining and salvaging much more effective, now on par with fighting as money generation schemes
- factories not just produce in background but also buy, sell and restock as needed (all faked of course, but still)
- common items are common trough the galaxy
- fair difficulty: now enemy do all the damage intended for their tech level, no more rotflstoming large xsotan invasions
- collision damaged downed to 10% because the server has the occasional lag. not 0 because ignoring turning is op.
- 100k credit 10k iron and 1k titanium at registration to get the ball rolling faster

so in general everything is more rewarding but the game push back harder.

there might be the occasional bug if the server restarts just reconnect it's scripted to come back up shortly. might have crashed might be me fixing stuff - if it's me I'll post a message on the chat of course.

modpack: https://www.dropbox.com/s/tvs5zyv4lmv9pxg/data.zip?dl=1

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: February 20, 2017, 03:25:04 pm »

Has the server been reset, or will you soon?  I'm up for when you do reset.

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: February 20, 2017, 04:14:43 pm »

Has the server been reset, or will you soon?  I'm up for when you do reset.

it is done hop in :)

remember the latest modpack, same link, now includes the new carrier commands https://www.dropbox.com/sh/ihp7gzy5v7tddhr/AAD34_2cEgtp9XfMpWzg7FZDa?dl=0

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: February 20, 2017, 08:41:48 pm »

I am entirely unsure how to utilize that dropbox download...

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: February 21, 2017, 02:07:59 am »

Unzip and copy the data folder on top of the avorion data folder under steam usually c:\program files (x86)\steam\steamapps\common\Avorion or thereabouts

Asgarus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: February 22, 2017, 11:34:46 am »

Is the server still up? Right now it's telling me it's unreachable.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12