Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Goblins of Moria: Dark Beginnings(yes, there are chapters)SG  (Read 1207 times)

Inithis

• Bay Watcher
  • The Riftborn.
    • View Profile

In the Third Age of Middle Earth, a band of Hobbits, an Elf, a Dwarf, two Humans, and a Wizard open the entrance to an ancient mine, carved out from the mountain by an ancient empire of dwarves. They believe it mostly abandoned, inhabited by only a crawling rabble of mutant orcs with little organization and fewer brains; they find, however, that the ancient place is much different than they expected.

All thanks to you.

You are the change, the difference in history that will rewrite it. For after all, the story of the fellowship was balanced on the edge of a knife; it only would take so much to tip that balance.

You review your rise to power carefully, bit by bit. You are a goblin, yes; a creature with greened skin, jagged teeth, slitted eyes. Yet unlike your kin, you were different. You saw beyond the darkness and filth; you examined the ruins of a bygone race, and found legends of ancient heroes, mighty gods, and fell beasts. You read of how many metals, dismissed as unworkable by your kin, can be heated to form mighty blades and dense hammers. Most importantly, you learned of the concept of civilization, of creatures working together to build something greater than themselves.

This had become your dream, to unite the goblin. That was always your goal, first and foremost.

It all began when you were born...

Spoiler: Locations (click to show/hide)

You would think that your birthplace would be very influential in what was to come.

As your mind wanders off on a tangent, you whimsically consider the importance of your name as well.

(Choose your birth location and name! Titles will come later.)
He immediately begins to beavergoat the man quite thoroughly! At the very beginning, the man is mystified by James' actions, but his face quickly becomes a mask of horror when the procedure starts!

"OH GODS WHY? WHYYY?"

After a twenty minute session, the man is left white as a sheet, hairless and completely and utterly dead. James congratulates himself on a job well done!

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
Re: Goblins of Moria: Dark Beginnings(yes, there are chapters)SG
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2013, 10:08:53 pm »

I am--or was--Orek Thiawsum, born in the Mines and left in the Forges to fend for myself once I was orphaned.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2013, 10:13:51 pm »

I am--or was--Orek Thiawsum, born in the Forges and left to fend for myself once I was orphaned.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Inithis

• Bay Watcher
  • The Riftborn.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2013, 09:27:08 am »

GWG, if you go with that it will have much the same results as just choosing Forges to begin with, unless you have something specific in mind.
He immediately begins to beavergoat the man quite thoroughly! At the very beginning, the man is mystified by James' actions, but his face quickly becomes a mask of horror when the procedure starts!

"OH GODS WHY? WHYYY?"

After a twenty minute session, the man is left white as a sheet, hairless and completely and utterly dead. James congratulates himself on a job well done!

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2013, 09:49:29 am »

GWG, if you go with that it will have much the same results as just choosing Forges to begin with, unless you have something specific in mind.
Fine with me. I just couldn't easily imagine someone being born in the near-abandoned forges. And it sounds neater.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
  • Can Improve, will give back better...
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2013, 11:30:29 am »

Kar the Redeyed. Born in the Forges.

Inithis

• Bay Watcher
  • The Riftborn.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2013, 03:48:18 pm »

The mines are actually the least-populated part of all Moria, but that's fine. Would you like to attach any specific significance to this name?

Edit: I guess there's not much interest in this topic. Moving on, then; if anyone would like me to resume this, send me a PM.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2013, 07:30:04 pm by Inithis »

"OH GODS WHY? WHYYY?"

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
  • Can Improve, will give back better...
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 31, 2013, 07:18:27 am »

Well you've got at least 3 interested people...that should be enough interest to continue it :D

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 31, 2013, 07:28:21 am »

Kar the Redeyed. Born in the Forges.
Agreed!

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 31, 2013, 07:46:00 am »

I am--or was--Orek Thiawsum, born in the Mines and left in the Forges to fend for myself once I was orphaned.

+1
I wish I could unwatch a thread because every time I look at this I can feel myself dying faster
Dying of laughter?
Dying of pure unbridled hatred, actually.