Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7

Author Topic: Caves of the Unknowable--A Game of Exploration  (Read 12394 times)

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
Re: Caves of the Unknowable--A Game of Exploration
« Reply #75 on: May 27, 2013, 09:29:52 am »

-snip-.
Something that makes waste products directly into food would probably be pretty difficult, especially if using some sort of algae or fungus or something as an intermediate step was easier.
What I meant was that it turned, say, moss I found on the floor along with some water and this bread crust into what amounts to a granola bar, but better. Though that's oversimplifying it, of course.
So...basically it assembles semi-edible scraps into a semi-tasty bar?

What year is it?
Let's say...2317.

Let's see if I can assemble a turn and add all the stuff.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: May 27, 2013, 11:07:06 am »

T+00:00:02:20

Officer Bradley backs up until she can see, then marks the apparent dividing line with her Marking Spray. Thankfully, it seems to be temporary, although a slight ringing of the ears persisted for several seconds after leaving the anomaly.

Dr. Kamanashi frowned. "No one fire laser," he instructed, thanking whatever divine beings may or may not exist that Clair hadn't crisped them all a couple minutes ago. He glanced towards the cart and added, "Tomoko, what drilling or sampling equipment do we have?" Several centiseconds later, the AI replied with "Two mini-lasers, one pickaxe, and two shovels comprise the equipment that is intended for drilling. There are a wide variety of sampling devices in the RLM7. Is this what you wanted to know?" "That is sufficient. Tomoko, please help me record this first anomaly. Name: Onjō." The doctor records the boundaries and marks them with some of his own Marking Spray.

Doc hustles over to Bradley, checking her over. As far as he can tell, she is not suffering from any physiological ailments, except for a documented slight increase in blood pressure presumed to be when she entered the anomaly. Peculiar. Perhaps the anomaly is neurological in nature? If not, it's definitely something you cannot detect.

(I'm a bit fuzzy on what escaped lurker is trying to do, but I'll see if I'm accurate.) Dr. Zwerkov asked his AI to check the local gravity. "About 0.67 G, consistent with anomalously high gravitational acceleration noted on surface within 10%." The doctor then grabbed a mini-laser and went for a glowing patch of wall, collecting samples, before deploying the RoboLab and putting in the sample.

Khan relaxes.

T+00:00:03:15
Spoiler: Base (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Anomalies (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Clair Bradley (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Otozomi Kamanashi (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Jared Khan (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Doc (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Yevgeniy Zwerkov (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Map (click to show/hide)

So far, so good.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2013, 11:47:12 am by GreatWyrmGold »
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: May 27, 2013, 11:13:26 am »

"Heading that way."

Walk west, marking the other edge of the love field and walk no further then where I can still see the transport.
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: May 27, 2013, 11:46:44 am »

"Heading that way."

Walk west, marking the other edge of the love field and walk no further then where I can still see the transport.
To check, you mean that you want to head through the other passage out, and mark the boundary of the anomaly over there?
Sig

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: May 27, 2013, 12:15:33 pm »

"Heading that way."

To check, you mean that you want to head through the other passage out, and mark the boundary of the anomaly over there?
Yes, with walking further if I can see the transport till it would go out of view, please.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2013, 12:17:16 pm by scapheap »
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: May 27, 2013, 12:33:59 pm »

Khamanashi observes Claire and Doc for a moment. "O-isha-san((japanese word for doctor, meant for that to be what I said the first time)), what has happened to Clay-ir-san? Another anomaly?" Once answered, he stood for a second. Then walked carefully over to the boundary, and stepped over. After stepping back out once he was blinded, he walked the width of the tunnel, swerving back and forth, then marking the boundary off. "We may have to deploy one of the Eye kōgu." Next, he returned to the cart, and rummaged through it for a bit, before finding what he was looking for. The northern tunnel((I'm assuming there's a magnetic field, if there's that much gravity, as well as atmosphere, though having that much gravity means the asteroid doesn't need to be sealed, and that the suits have built in compasses of some sort.)) seemed like it would be a good site for their base. But what if there was an anomaly there too? Grabbing a dart pistol, and loading it with some of the empty darts, before heading carefully north. Whilst walking that way, he spoke to Khan. "Jair-edi-kun, would you please begin setting up some portion of the base, or accompany Cay-ir-san?"

((Under flora, what do we have 'some' of?))

((Oh, thought of another thing we should have. A diagnostics/medical bot of some sort; Doc's a surgeon, after all, not a nurse.))
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

escaped lurker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: May 27, 2013, 12:36:23 pm »

"That high? Well could've sworn it was supposed to be lower - nevermind then. I want the data on density and anything special that these rocks are made off after the lab finishes the diagnosis."

After wrinkling his brows in thought for a moment, he goes off to gather some more samples - seemingly trying to catalouge the geology.

Do all actions necessary for the lab to run some basic tests, then gather any percievable different kind of "rock" in the vicinity for further testing - if plentifull stick with the 5 most common ones.

(( I was trying to get a scan of the area, lest we build the port over a cave-in prone part of the caves, or with too low density to support it -that kinda thing. My bad, after re-reading it is quite open to interpretation. But yeah, testing that glow-stuff seems fine, lest it destabilizes the walls - cave-ins can also come from the side. Also, Боб is just Bob in Kyrillic [Slavo-Russian Alphabet] - Yev ain't a native english speaker afterall [So any mistakes on my part are just his character - genius] ;3))
« Last Edit: May 27, 2013, 01:07:16 pm by escaped lurker »

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: May 27, 2013, 01:57:45 pm »

((Under flora, what do we have 'some' of?))
We have some of mosses and other stuff I started, then forgot about. Will be fixed next update.

((Oh, thought of another thing we should have. A diagnostics/medical bot of some sort; Doc's a surgeon, after all, not a nurse.))
True. Added.

(( I was trying to get a scan of the area, lest we build the port over a cave-in prone part of the caves, or with too low density to support it -that kinda thing. My bad, after re-reading it is quite open to interpretation. But yeah, testing that glow-stuff seems fine, lest it destabilizes the walls - cave-ins can also come from the side. Also, Боб is just Bob in Kyrillic [Slavo-Russian Alphabet] - Yev ain't a native english speaker afterall [So any mistakes on my part are just his character - genius] ;3))
Ah.
Sig

RangerCado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: May 27, 2013, 05:11:30 pm »

Explain what the chamber does to Khan. Set up a small, temporary medical station since these guys and gals seem to be all about the danger.
The best ship is the one where one of them is literally allergic to the other~
Quote from: NakaTeleeli
"A room ain't messy less you can't find nothin!"
[/quote]

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: May 27, 2013, 06:20:58 pm »

((Oh yeah, we should have a lot of 'Portable things to hold samples in.  Vials, baggies, etc.))
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: May 27, 2013, 06:50:11 pm »

Explain what the chamber does to Khan.
Which chamber?

((Oh yeah, we should have a lot of 'Portable things to hold samples in.  Vials, baggies, etc.))
Alright, but I'm not keeping track of those. Just assume you have a bunch.
Sig

RangerCado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: May 27, 2013, 07:17:29 pm »

the blinding one.
The best ship is the one where one of them is literally allergic to the other~
Quote from: NakaTeleeli
"A room ain't messy less you can't find nothin!"
[/quote]

Brood

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: May 27, 2013, 07:58:35 pm »

Wake up my dog from it's container then use it to look for interesting smells

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: May 27, 2013, 08:36:36 pm »

Wake up my dog from it's container then use it to look for interesting smells

It wouldn't be able to breathe...
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Brood

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: May 27, 2013, 09:14:00 pm »

(( So, I can't wait for the instant implosion when his silly little dog goes splat :D ))
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7