Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]

Author Topic: Caves of the Unknowable--A Game of Exploration  (Read 12237 times)

escaped lurker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Caves of the Unknowable--A Game of Exploration
« Reply #90 on: May 27, 2013, 09:31:24 pm »

Wake up my dog from it's container then use it to look for interesting smells

It wouldn't be able to breathe...

Not like that detered us even decades ago. I don't know about the other animals, but the dogs just might have gotten a space-suit of some kind. Just don't except them to be able to bite.. i guess.
 "The dog tackles you with his head, denting his space-suit in the progress. It sails of in an arc!"

Edit:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: May 27, 2013, 10:00:17 pm by escaped lurker »

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: May 27, 2013, 09:57:10 pm »

(( So, I can't wait for the instant implosion when his silly little dog goes splat :D ))
...I don't know where to start.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Brood

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: May 27, 2013, 10:26:00 pm »

Humoring his intentions in the next update?  :P

Agreed!!!!!!!!!!

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: May 27, 2013, 10:38:33 pm »

It wouldn't go splat. It would suffocate. Slowly and painfully. As for escaped lurker...You can put in an animal in a sealed suit. The animal would not be able to smell anything.

If our animal caretaker is an idiot, Kamanashi will have issues.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: May 28, 2013, 10:09:29 pm »

T+00:00:03:18

Officer Bradley went west, trying to accurately determine when she stopped feeling like a lovesick adolescent. She's done a pretty good job. She then continues onward as far as she can see the cart...or, more accurately, until she reaches a fork in the cave. By this point, she has become aware of small, demonic-looking creatures lurking at her sides, darting away and cackling when she looks towards them.

Dr. Kamanashi watched Clair head for the west. "O-isha-san, what has happened to Clay-ir-san? Another anomaly?" Doc briefly explained the apparent effects of the anomaly. Kamanashi nodded, then went into the anomaly, noting that he is, indeed, stricken blind instantly or near it. He marked the boundary of the anomaly, muttering about how he would need to get around it. Kamanashi grabbed a dart pistol and chatted into his headset. "Tomoko, is there a compass in the suit?" "Negative, and sensors indicate a negligible magnetic field. However, other direction-finding equipment is enabled." "Hm...Jair-edi-kun, would you please begin setting up some portion of the base, or accompany Cay-ir-san?" The kunning Khan ignores his question, though.

Dr. Zwerkov muttered a bit. "No, that's about what we had expects." "I wasn't talking to you...but I am now. I want the data on density and anything special that these rocks are made off after the lab finishes the diagnosis." He gets back to collecting samples. "Average chemical composition: 19.9% silicon dioxide, 18.6% magnesium oxide, 16.6% ferrous oxide, 10.4% water, 6.6% free iron, 4.8% free cobalt, 3.4% free nickel, 2.9% free uranium, 2.5% aluminum oxide, 2.2% carbon, 1.9% uranium oxide, 1.6% sulfur, 1.1% assorted amino acids, 0.9% sodium oxide, 0.8% free neptunium 0.5%, fermium oxide, 0.4% phosphorous pentoxide, 6.9% trace chemicals, ±0.04%. Anomalies or equipment malfunction suspected. Notable outliers include rocks with high free cobalt, free uranium, uranium oxide, assorted amino acids, free neptunium, and neptunium oxide, or low concentrations of magnesium oxide, water, free iron, free cobalt, aluminum oxide, and fermium oxide." "...I see. Can you save the information for later review?" "Done automatically approx. 12 milliseconds before reporting." "Excellent. Um, anything indicating a likelihood of cave-ins?" "Negative, though scans were insufficient to determine such. Risk of cavein estimated low without severe trauma."

Doc begins setting up a medical station. (You might want to explain what exactly you want to do, but it'll probably take longer than the others' actions anyways.)

Khan removes a dog, placing a breathing apparatus over its head. [9] May looks at you happily.

Spoiler: Base (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Anomalies (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Clair Bradley (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Otozomi Kamanashi (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Jared Khan (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Doc (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Yevgeniy Zwerkov (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Map (click to show/hide)
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

RangerCado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: May 28, 2013, 10:36:46 pm »

The medical station: 1 of the small inflatable tents, 1 cot, 1 sleeping bag, 1 of the glow orbs, 1 of the small tarps and 5 of the knock-out darts.. Set up the tarp on the ground, then the tent, then the cot and sleeping bag with the orb to the side in case more light is needed, and the same for the darts if a sedative would be required.
The best ship is the one where one of them is literally allergic to the other~
Quote from: NakaTeleeli
"A room ain't messy less you can't find nothin!"
[/quote]

escaped lurker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: May 28, 2013, 10:56:18 pm »

After reading through the data once again, Yev's only action is to shake his head, stiffling a small laugh.

"Allright Боб, leave our Technical Officer those results - let him figure out where the auto-lab went wrong. Highlight me the boxes with parts for the port instead, and let us hope that there wont be any quakes."

"Zwerkov to Team - anything speaking against setting up Port, or would you guys rather wait with that untill further exploration is finished?"

Waiting for input from team - if positive for go, start to unload partitions of the port - if negative start listening to classical music see if the Doc could use another pair of hands in setting up the medical station.

RangerCado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: May 28, 2013, 11:03:18 pm »

"I say we should set up the sensors so we have an idea of how many chambers there are, and if we have any hostiles nearby before setting up shop."

(specifically how many chambers there are around, and if theres a lot of movement in them.)

"Bradley, do you see anything out there?"
The best ship is the one where one of them is literally allergic to the other~
Quote from: NakaTeleeli
"A room ain't messy less you can't find nothin!"
[/quote]

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: May 29, 2013, 02:36:05 am »

Return to base, marking the spot were the devils disappear.
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: May 30, 2013, 07:52:34 pm »

Kamanashi starts doing what he was brought to do. Research, and the beginnings of the field base. He heads back to the cart, and begins going through it. Pulling out an air compressor, the doctor takes a sample of the air in the immediate area, to analyze in detail for possible causes later. He goes carefully to the blinding area and takes a sample there as well, careful not to put his head in the area. He speaks as he does so. "Tomoko, document another anomaly, please. Name; Ankoku, Effect: Complete Blindness whilst in area. Full area unknown. Causes: Uncertain, possibly electromagnetic fields affecting the eye's ability to focus the light." That done, he returns to the cart again, puts the air compressor back, and heads to the smaller cavern they hadn't explored yet; if it was free of anomalies, it should be an excellent location to set up a base.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]