Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6

Author Topic: The Marketlings: Signup on aisle 4!  (Read 8891 times)

Errol

• Bay Watcher
  • Heaven or Hell, Duel 1 -- Let's Rock!
    • View Profile
Re: The Marketlings: Signup on aisle 4!
« Reply #15 on: May 25, 2013, 04:14:28 am »

Great idea. Inspired by Pratchett? I'm waitlisting, at any rate.
Girls are currently preparing signature, please wait warmly until it is ready.

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 25, 2013, 04:22:00 am »

Thanks. Actually, it's based on an earlier suggestion game of mine. What's Pratchett?
I wish I could unwatch a thread because every time I look at this I can feel myself dying faster
Dying of laughter?
Dying of pure unbridled hatred, actually.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 25, 2013, 04:51:02 am »

Thanks. Actually, it's based on an earlier suggestion game of mine. What's Pratchett?
What's Pratchett?
TRYING.
NOT.
TO KILL.
:P
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 25, 2013, 05:01:00 am »

He's some old dude with a hat who writes books about cats.

...I think. :-/
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 25, 2013, 06:23:54 am »

Laliona quickly ran out of the cart and towards the cart (3+2) and quickly made it to the old man's side. She starts throwing her toothpicks to the nearest rat (3+1) and manages to hit it in the left shoulder for (2+2-2) 2 damage. The rat is annoyed, but is still fine. Meanwhile, Clock  climbs up a nearby shelf to observe the battle (3+2) and manages to climb it quickly to a good view point. There are a few heavy appliances next to you which you could probably throw down to the rats.

Roundup also charges in (2+2) and arrives in time before the rats can respond. He uses both his hands to strike the nearest rat, (1+3) and hits it on the back. It causes (4+2-2) damage and the rat is stunned! Cheese-whiz hurries along (3+2) and arrives in record time! He uses his grater to grate the same rat that Roundup was attacking and (2+1) hits its paw for (6+1-2) for 5 damage! The rat is almost dead, and lies limp on the floor!

The two remaining rats retaliate. The one fighting Laliona scratches her (2+2) in her chest for (3+4-2-1) 4 damage! Laliona's armor fortunately negates some of the blow, but the wound is still serious. Meanwhile, the other rat attacks Roundup in the (4+2) head! It causes (5+4-3-1) 5 damage!

The old man helps Roundup and strikes at the rat with his knife (2+2+1) and strikes its neck! It causes (1+2+1) 4 damage to it. The boy helps his sister hide while shooting his sling at the rat that's attacking the old man. (1+1) It hits nothing though and they merely hide in a crevice.

Meanwhile, a larger rat with black fur and red eyes comes out and looks at your party with contempt. It looks like the brood mother of this pack, and she doesn't look happy!

What now?

Spoiler: Dire Rats X 3 (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Brood Mother (click to show/hide)
I wish I could unwatch a thread because every time I look at this I can feel myself dying faster
Dying of laughter?

SomeStupidGuy

• Bay Watcher
  • Just strummin' right along...
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 25, 2013, 06:35:07 am »

((...
Tch, poor misguided souls that have yet to read a book by Pratchett. :/))

Teddy dashed forward to the rats, hefting his weighty paddle over his shoulder for a downward strike at the closest one.
Your favorite pinko progressive nerd-gal. Probably.

borno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 25, 2013, 07:43:42 am »

((The book which Errol was no doubt talking about written by Pratchett was great, and possibly one of my favourites.))
Waitlist, please. This looks good.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 25, 2013, 10:12:50 am »

((You've never heard of Pratchett? How about Discworld?
...Same Pratchett that everyone else is thinking of, right?))

Snap out of it!
"Come with us if you want to live!"
Toss a big, heavy die at the rat near death.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

RangerCado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 25, 2013, 10:51:59 am »

Start leading the old man and kids away. Focus on keeping the rats away from them rather than harming them. (Like pushing them back with the toohpick and shield but not trying for serious hits... Focus on defence)
The best ship is the one where one of them is literally allergic to the other~
Quote from: NakaTeleeli
"A room ain't messy less you can't find nothin!"
[/quote]

cattouchdis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 25, 2013, 12:13:13 pm »

Throw some of the heavy appliances down at the broodmother

Good thing I'm a dirty coward and hiding  up on a shelf, would hate to be down there. =)
Game I'm running: Get your Mad Scientist laboratory back, Currantly at Turn 5

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 25, 2013, 07:45:13 pm »

Full Charge at the Brood Mother! LEROOOOOOOOOOY JENKIIIIIIINS!!!
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 25, 2013, 07:50:24 pm »

>Use the triple-spinny-Baygon slice attack! Failing that just try to paste another rat.

>If everyone starts to flee make a fighting retreat, fending the rats off as best I can while following the others.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 25, 2013, 11:16:46 pm »

Could anyone name the book Errol is talking about? Also, update in a few hours!
Dying of laughter?

SomeStupidGuy

• Bay Watcher
  • Just strummin' right along...
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 25, 2013, 11:41:26 pm »

Could anyone name the book Errol is talking about? Also, update in a few hours!
The Nome/Bromeliad Trilogy, if I'm not mistaken.
Tiny people from another world trying to survive in ours, so on and so forth.
Your favorite pinko progressive nerd-gal. Probably.

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 26, 2013, 12:21:24 am »

Teddy joins in on the fray (5+3) and arrives at the speed of light! In fact, it seems like everything else is moving slower now! He strikes the closest rat with his paddle (6+0+1) and hits its head! It causes (5+1+1-2) 5 damage! ((Wow, that was the luckiest roll roll ever.)) Meanwhile, Player runs (2+1) and arrives somewhat late. He throws one of his dice (5+2) at the rat near death and hits it in the snout! It causes (5+1-2) 4 damage! It (1) turns undead! (Stupid genetics and their side effects!)

Laliona, on the other hand, leads the old man away and picks up the kids along the way (2) but they are noticed by one of the rats! She tries to push it back (3+2-2) but only manages to hold it back slightly! The old man stabs at the rat (5+2) in the neck for (6+2+1-2) 7 damage! This time, (4) the rat stays dead. Laliona refocuses on leading them away from the fray (6) and finds an empty cereal box which they hide in.

Clock, on the shelf like the coward/hero he is, throws three boxes of heavy appliances (3) on the (4) brood mother! (5)(2)(3) One of them lands on her head for (1) damage! The rest fall around her, and she's just annoyed! She picks up the broken shrapnel with her mouth (4+5) and throws them at Clock! Clock (1+2) manages to barely miss it, but the shrapnel (2) hits his arm for (3-1) 2 damage! The brood mother starts ramming (6) the shelf with tremendous force! Clock (1+2) holds on, but is left dangling on the edge!

Cheese-Whiz charges at the Brood Mother screaming (1) "POOPBUTT!" and (2+2) gets there quickly enough for the Mother not to notice. He (3) smacks her in the (3+1) ear for (4+1-4) 1 damage! Wow, Poopbutt, you're weak. The Mother is annoyed and bites you in the (5+5) everything! It hurts you for (5+4-2) 7 damage! Your everything is crippled, and you can't feel your everything anymore!

Roundup attacks the remaining rat in the (3+3) head! It hurts for (5+2-2) 5 damage! It falls on the ground and (5) stays dead! In fact, the sight of the undead rat's brethren's corpses causes it to (5) cry! He uses up the remaining water in his body and shrivels to dust! (Awesome genetics and their side effects!)

Spoiler: Brood Mother (click to show/hide)
Dying of laughter?
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6