Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6

Author Topic: The Marketlings: Signup on aisle 4!  (Read 8893 times)

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
Re: The Marketlings: Signup on aisle 4!
« Reply #30 on: May 26, 2013, 12:26:12 am »

Modified your character sheets in the second post according to the results! Please tell me if I forgot anything or forgot to change the HP.
I wish I could unwatch a thread because every time I look at this I can feel myself dying faster
Dying of laughter?
Dying of pure unbridled hatred, actually.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 26, 2013, 12:26:46 am »

Strafe the Brood Mother with dice. d4's.

"Come on, you fools, GET IN THE CART! You're either not old enough or too old to be fighting!"
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

RangerCado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 26, 2013, 12:27:46 am »

throw another javelin this time at the broodmother. Tell the oldman and kids to stay in the box Try to drag cheese-whiz to the cart while holding off the broodmother and yelling at the coward/hero to hang on.

Edit: Add 2 EP to hit and 2 EP to damage for this throw.

((This stuff regens at the end of the day or something like that right? Or do we eat stuff to restore it?))
« Last Edit: May 26, 2013, 12:30:57 am by RangerCado »
The best ship is the one where one of them is literally allergic to the other~
Quote from: NakaTeleeli
"A room ain't messy less you can't find nothin!"
[/quote]

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 26, 2013, 12:31:35 am »

Flail wildly at the Brood Mother while being dragged away.
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

SomeStupidGuy

• Bay Watcher
  • Just strummin' right along...
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 26, 2013, 12:37:19 am »

Teddy turns his head back towards Playershandbook, smirking slightly.

"Calm yourself! I'm almost entirely sure we'll be fine!"

Avenge Save Cheese-Whiz with a quick and low strike at the broodmother.
Your favorite pinko progressive nerd-gal. Probably.

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 26, 2013, 12:43:33 am »

A can of food restores 1 HP. A can of drink restores 1 EP. A carton is good for 3 cans. Sleeping restores .5 HP and .5 EP/hour. You can sleep anywhere, but you get a -1 bonus if it's not in your cart. You can sleep any time too, but now probably isn't a good time.

(To GWG: I've seen you change your avatar like 8 times today? Did you make them yourself?)
I wish I could unwatch a thread because every time I look at this I can feel myself dying faster
Dying of laughter?

RangerCado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 26, 2013, 12:49:37 am »

A can of food restores 1 HP. A can of drink restores 1 EP. A carton is good for 3 cans. Sleeping restores .5 HP and .5 EP/hour. You can sleep anywhere, but you get a -1 bonus if it's not in your cart. You can sleep any time too, but now probably isn't a good time.

(To GWG: I've seen you change your avatar like 8 times today? Did you make them yourself?)
He's set it to multiple pictures. refresh the page a few times and it'll start to loop
[/quote]

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #37 on: May 26, 2013, 01:24:19 am »

waitlist

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 26, 2013, 02:09:13 am »

Player goes closer and throws d4's at the Brood Mother. (1) Only one of them hits her in the (2+2) cheek, for (2+1-4) no damage! Laliona throws another javelin at the Brood Mother's (3+1+2) head! It hits her for (5+2+2-4) 5 damage! Now, (2) she's REALLY mad! She turns away from Cheese-Whiz, and rushes for Laliona! (4) She trips over the blood of the rats and (4) gets stunned! Laliona rushes over to Cheese-Whiz (3+2) quickly enough before the Brood Mother gets back up and drags him to the cart, while yelling at Clock to hang in there (haha, geddit?) and Cheese flailing (1) like an artard. (2+2) They get there in time and they are in relative safety.

Teddy goes to attack the fallen Brood Mother, who is trying to get back up, and (4+3) arrives super-fast, and even splatters some blood into the Brood Mothers' eye, blinding her! He quickly strikes her in the (2+0) tail, for (1+1-4) no damage! Meanwhile, the old man gets out of the box and drags it (with the kids inside) towards the cart. (5+2) (5+1) He lugs it with ease and arrives at the cart quickly and safely. The children climb on board, followed by the old man. They look tired, but otherwise fine, apart from the boy's cut on his knee.

The Mother finally gets up, still blinded and infuriated. She decides it's time to run and fight another day. When she runs to the entrance of her rat-hole, she turns and gleams at you with hatred. A lot of hatred. She quickly goes in, and you can hear the excited squeals of the ratlings inside.

The old man thanks you for saving him and his grandchildren.

"Thank you. So much," he gasps for air. "I thought I would lose them. But you saved us! Are you adventurers? Mercenaries?" He stops and looks around, and sees the brand of the exile etched into the frame of your cart.

"Is something wrong, Grampa?" says the little girl.

The old man looks at you. Then turns to reply to his granddaughter: "No, nothing's wrong, Gel." Then he turns to you. "We thank you, adventurers. If it weren't for you, I don't know what could've happened! Anyways," he sees your wounds. "There is a settlement up north, where we were heading. There is a healer, I believe, and I'll be happy to compensate for your fee!

"We were running from the raiders!" the boy screams. Abruptly.

"Sh, don't be so loud, Pantyhose. That's what attracted those mosquitoes, and we barely made it out of that one!" says Grandpa.

"Yeah, dumbhead," she says. Then she snickers quietly. "Pantyhose. Hahaha."

"Gel, don't make fun of your brother," the old man says, then snickers with Gel. "Hahaha, Pantyhose! Wue're sorry Panty, that's the name the random name box chose for you during your naming day."

The old man then turns to you. "My name is Knife by the way. I was a Tes'lan Guardian when I was your age, at Tes'la's Coil. You should head there. The Magi might have need of strong Marketlings such as yourselves!"

Then he whispers. "What did you guys do to get exiled?"

((Yeah, forgot to add the bio and gender during signups. Sorry. By the way, Pantyhose's name was random. Thank you random word generator! It's still pretty funny right now.))
Dying of laughter?

Maxinum McDreich

• Bay Watcher
  • Gree-diddly-tings.
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 26, 2013, 08:47:07 am »

I hate how my internet's been dead for days. I woulda signed up for this in a flash :(.

Waitlist, I'll come up with a sheet later. Also, nice job on the writing. I'm having a laugh ^^ (hehe, pantyhose)

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 26, 2013, 09:56:17 am »

I hate how my internet's been dead for days. I woulda signed up for this in a flash :(.

Waitlist, I'll come up with a sheet later. Also, nice job on the writing. I'm having a laugh ^^ (hehe, pantyhose)

Thanks. Glad you like it! I can't post long action posts for the weekdays (but I can answer questions, write conversations between the NPC's and stuff like that.) I'll be using my phone so there may be some typos.
Dying of laughter?

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 26, 2013, 10:02:46 am »

"Proven formula," Roundup muttered, wincing as he moved to meet up with the others, "Splash and sweat resistant. Ow, I hurt. I think we'd best be getting outta here. Anyone got food? Kinda hungry, here."

>Join the others, ask for some regenerative food! Also keep an eye out for more rats.
>Once the group decides where it's going, I shall march at the front, trowel in hand.

"...You think them rats are edible?"
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

RangerCado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 26, 2013, 10:36:30 am »

Go retrieve my toothpick from the dead rat, search the cart for food and water, go and see if clock needs help getting down.

"Glad we could help. I'm Laliona. I got kicked out for stealing something i should have already had. My mother was sick so i traded for some medicine to help her. I payed for a pretty good one, known for helping her kind of sickness. What i got was a cheap, bad tasting gel inside a plastic capsule, that was only a pain reliever. I accused the medical people of foul-play but no one wants to anger the people that know what all the medicine does. So i stuck in and got what i paid for. My mother got better yesterday, they waited until then to kick me out..."
[/quote]

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 26, 2013, 10:58:30 am »

"We can talk about that later, sir. First..."

Head over to Pantyhose.

"Don't worry about your name. There's a mighty warrior in my hometown named Brasiere. No one really says his name of because he tends to get enraged by anyone doing so, though. Anyways, you can rise above your name. Anyways, let me see that knee."

Examine and try to patch up the boy's wound.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

cattouchdis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: May 26, 2013, 01:31:31 pm »

Climb back on the shelf and see exactly what type of appliances there is

Would be great if some can cook stuff for us.
Game I'm running: Get your Mad Scientist laboratory back, Currantly at Turn 5
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6