Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 26

Author Topic: Final Fantasy V - Four Job Fiesta 2017 - To Many New Things For a Pun Title  (Read 57688 times)

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Final Fantasy V - Four Job Fiesta 2013
« Reply #105 on: June 16, 2013, 01:14:46 pm »

Ok, so my final party is White Mage, Berserker, Mystic Knight, Dancer

Out of curiosity, how likely do you think it is possible for be to conquer Fork Tower?
Don't turn exdeaths castle in world two. The is an enemy that drops the Power Staff, which makes enemys go berserk. Needless to say, that could make omniscent REALLY easy.

Edit: Going into the Steamship with fire rods instead of ice rods. Oh joy of joys.

Edit part deux: ninja Ninja NINJA!

Edit the third: So, ninja. Awesome. Does dual wielding rods increase the magic element up, or is it a one shot deal?

Fourth Edit, Edit Harder: Red Mage. Healing, buffing, dualcasting mages, and an pair of nasty melee folks. Not sure this squad can drop omega, but Shinryu, probably.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2013, 04:24:01 am by beorn080 »
Ustxu Iceraped the Frigid Crystal of Slaughter was a glacier titan. It was the only one of its kind. A gigantic feathered carp composed of crystal glass. It has five mouths full of treacherous teeth, enormous clear wings, and ferocious blue eyes. Beware its icy breath! Ustxu was associated with oceans, glaciers, boats, and murder.

Logical2u

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: June 17, 2013, 07:54:29 am »

White Mage/Thief/Ranger, currently stuck at Byblos (can't use Ranger yet because that doesn't show up until later) I don't think I have the stamina to outlast his 1000 mp so I'm kind of in a bit of a pickle, even after some grinding, since I can't break rods as any of these.

If you want to know how stuck: because I'm racing, I'm using a timer. The timer was at 6 hrs 23 minutes when I encountered Byblos for the first time at level 16, I think. I fought him, lost, went and grinded, started a second fight at 8 hrs 43 minutes at level 19, I think, brought him down to 800 hp remaining many many times (which is when he starts using drain), ran out of items and lost at 9 hrs 50 minutes.

Current plan is to grind to 21, and if that doesn't work, job fair.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2013, 07:57:28 am by Logical2u »
This account is defunct - please contact me through other means.

Boksi

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone's dumb in their own special way
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: June 17, 2013, 10:34:52 am »

Alright, just got started now. Got knight for my wind job.
[BODY_DETAIL:NAIL:NAIL:NAIL]
[HAMMER:HAMMER:HAMMER]

[TSU_NOUN:nose]
[SUN_TSU_NOUN:art:war]

Drakale

• Bay Watcher
  • I will get my revenge~
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: June 17, 2013, 11:19:20 am »

Doing good so far with Blue mage/ Bowzerker/ Thief/ Ranger.

I equipped my berzerker with a bow and it's pretty good, he can target the backrow without any penalties and do some quite amazing damage. I also managed to nab white wind from a mob using the dancing dagger for the confusion effect so healing is not an issue anymore. Not too sure what I should be aiming for next, I guess X-Fight for my thief/blue mage. Can berzerker even use X-Fight?

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: June 17, 2013, 11:54:57 am »

Can berzerker even use X-Fight?

Nope. Only the basic attack. Bit of a shame, really.

EDIT: Also, posting to watch.

Boksi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: June 17, 2013, 12:20:55 pm »

Oh hooray, got berserker for my water job. Well, that's what I get for signing up for berserker risk.

EDIT: I was worried about beating Liquid Flame, but using three berserkers worked out fine. I guess I got lucky with the shapeshifting. Now I've also got time mages since I picked random.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2013, 02:04:03 pm by Boksi »

Cecilff2

• Bay Watcher
  • PikaaAAAAあああああ
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: June 17, 2013, 01:55:45 pm »

Currently stuck at forest of moore

Knight/Zerker/Ranger/Dancer are not a good combo against them.  Going to grind a bit so I can survive their high level spell spam.
There comes a time when you must take off the soft, furry slippers of a boy and put on the shoes of a man.
Unless of course they don't fit properly and your feet blister up like bubble wrap.
Oh ho ho, but don't try to return the shoes, because they won't take them back once you've worn them.
Especially if that fat pig Tony is at the desk.

Microcline

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: June 18, 2013, 01:18:40 am »

Cower in fear.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Baneling

• Bay Watcher
  • Acid Balloon
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: June 18, 2013, 01:41:40 am »

I'm basically stopping myself from crying in sympathy.

That is an absolutely abysmal team.
I tend to be a stupid person. Expect me to say/do stupid things and we'll probably get along better!

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: June 18, 2013, 03:34:58 am »

Three zerkers, ouch. And no good support, either. Heck, ANY of the other jobs would have been better for it. I'm currently tying to figure out how to get though titan with Red mage, Black Mage, Ninja, and Knight. So far, I got nothing but level quite a bit. Wheres the best spot to level in world one?
Ustxu Iceraped the Frigid Crystal of Slaughter was a glacier titan. It was the only one of its kind. A gigantic feathered carp composed of crystal glass. It has five mouths full of treacherous teeth, enormous clear wings, and ferocious blue eyes. Beware its icy breath! Ustxu was associated with oceans, glaciers, boats, and murder.

Baneling

• Bay Watcher
  • Acid Balloon
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: June 18, 2013, 04:20:01 am »

I found outside the library was pretty good, since you can just stroll inside and get free healing.
I tend to be a stupid person. Expect me to say/do stupid things and we'll probably get along better!

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

Boksi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: June 18, 2013, 08:28:23 am »

Any tips on fighting the sandworm? I'm kind of stuck there. Got Knight/Berserker/Time Mage.

Baneling

• Bay Watcher
  • Acid Balloon
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: June 18, 2013, 08:30:31 am »

Uhm.

Use steam ship, go to crescent island. Get a Death Sickle for your berserker. That should make it much easier.

Haste him so he gets more attacks = higher chance to hit the worm. Hope that helps.

bulborbish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: June 18, 2013, 08:33:08 am »

I'd say there are teams that can't beat the game, but one guy beat Shinryu and maybe Neo-Shinryu last year with one knight and 3 berserkers.
No matter what modifiers you put on, you're guaranteed at least one of the wind crystal jobs and all of those can solo the game.  The damage output from the triple berserkers even makes the hardest runs (WM and thief) a bit less tedious. 
Cower in fear.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

You know, I'm sensing Irony right now.

Any tips on fighting the sandworm? I'm kind of stuck there. Got Knight/Berserker/Time Mage.

Bring potions, and have 1 attacker (Kill your berserker, it's more trouble that it is worth). While your people keep your HP up, wait to attack the sandworm until just after he leaves a hole. Slowly but surely, you should be able to outlast him.

If you want to keep your party alive, than death sickle is the only way.

Also, Boksi, what was your wind crystal? I'm interested so I can add your party to the OP.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 26