Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26

Author Topic: Final Fantasy V - Four Job Fiesta 2017 - To Many New Things For a Pun Title  (Read 57667 times)

frostshotgg

• Bay Watcher
  • It was a ruse
    • View Profile
Re: Final Fantasy V - Four Job Fiesta 2016 - A Serious Upgrade
« Reply #345 on: June 17, 2016, 10:27:22 am »

Or, on the note of dualcasting, that's a party that can fairly handily do Fork Tower, so you could dualcast Flare. :P
This is a meme strat, don't actually do this. An elemental enhancer + a -Aga spell does more damage, and less damage to your mana pool.

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #346 on: June 18, 2016, 06:19:01 pm »

It can be useful, if you are facing a single target with massive Mdef who has no useful weaknesses. Otherwise, yeah Aga's are the way to go.

In other news, my dragoons have transitioned into Time Mages. With access to !drgnswd and comet, I suspect no future troubles until I can get my mages up to job level 6 or 7 and head on to the next class.
Ustxu Iceraped the Frigid Crystal of Slaughter was a glacier titan. It was the only one of its kind. A gigantic feathered carp composed of crystal glass. It has five mouths full of treacherous teeth, enormous clear wings, and ferocious blue eyes. Beware its icy breath! Ustxu was associated with oceans, glaciers, boats, and murder.

Johuotar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Some game projects
« Reply #347 on: June 19, 2016, 04:30:59 pm »

So my fourth class is dancer, cant say I'm super excited about that but atleast its something I haven't tried before. :p
Those Purobolos were giving me some trouble so I'm probably gonna break rods in next fight.
[img height=x width=y]http://LINK TO IMAGE HERE[/img]
The Toad hops in mysterious ways.
This pure mountain spring water is indispensable. Literally. I'm out of paper cups.

darkflagrance

• Bay Watcher
  • Carry on, carry on
    • View Profile
« Reply #348 on: June 19, 2016, 06:55:42 pm »

I'm so torn.

Having rolled Blue Mage without a Beast Master, I'm missing out on spells like 1000 needles, lv3 Flare, and probably Mighty Guard. It feels painful to have to give these up on my first playthrough, so painful I'm considering using a beastmaster to get me those spells, and only to get me those spells.

The intent of the FJF is for the Blue Mage to not get !Control requiring spells right?
...as if nothing really matters...

The Legend of Tholtig Cryptbrain: 8000 dead elves and a cyclops

Tired of going decades without goblin sieges? Try The Fortress Defense Mod

frostshotgg

• Bay Watcher
  • It was a ruse
    • View Profile
« Reply #349 on: June 19, 2016, 07:05:04 pm »

You can get Mighty Guard easily with dancing dagger into tempting tango.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #350 on: June 19, 2016, 07:47:27 pm »

Does it work with the other spells too? Because I'm in a very similar boat here. Missing up on Blue Magic just seems criminal, you know?

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #351 on: June 19, 2016, 08:00:57 pm »

You can get every blue magic without needing beastmaster, using just the base blue mage class. Some of them are trickier then others. Sulla did a great playthrough with a solo blue mage that demonstrates this. Some spells, like the level spells, become much easier with a group, as technically Sulla would have had to wait till world three to get it due to needing bone mail, rather then being able to pick it up in the library and cheese MANY annoying bosses. Yes, you may have to wait a bit, but even the low hanging fruit of blue magic is pretty darn powerful.
Ustxu Iceraped the Frigid Crystal of Slaughter was a glacier titan. It was the only one of its kind. A gigantic feathered carp composed of crystal glass. It has five mouths full of treacherous teeth, enormous clear wings, and ferocious blue eyes. Beware its icy breath! Ustxu was associated with oceans, glaciers, boats, and murder.

darkflagrance

• Bay Watcher
  • Carry on, carry on
    • View Profile
« Reply #352 on: June 19, 2016, 11:19:51 pm »

On a similar note, is Carbuncle gated off because to walk through lava you need a Geomancer? Or is it possible to get to Carbuncle without needing to walk through the lava?

frostshotgg

• Bay Watcher
  • It was a ruse
    • View Profile
« Reply #353 on: June 19, 2016, 11:34:58 pm »

You can walk through any tiles a Geomancer protects you from without one, you just take damage. To get to Carbuncle you need to take a really roundabout route though.

darkflagrance

• Bay Watcher
  • Carry on, carry on
    • View Profile
« Reply #354 on: June 19, 2016, 11:46:13 pm »

Walking in the lava is possible? I would not have expected that based on other rpgs I played >_>

Time to give this another try.

Baneling

• Bay Watcher
  • Acid Balloon
    • View Profile
« Reply #355 on: June 20, 2016, 05:06:33 am »

Pretty certain you /have/ to walk through lava to get through Castle Exdeath fully, anyhow. Geomancer just makes it significantly easier because you don't go into every fight missing 2/3 your party's hp to ~environmental damage~.
I tend to be a stupid person. Expect me to say/do stupid things and we'll probably get along better!

frostshotgg

• Bay Watcher
  • It was a ruse
    • View Profile
« Reply #356 on: June 20, 2016, 05:10:24 am »

Hi potions are your friends.

There's an entire dungeon in W3 where the floor is lava. You either find a way to get float status before going in or expect to waste an unbelievable number of potions.

darkflagrance

• Bay Watcher
  • Carry on, carry on
    • View Profile
« Reply #357 on: June 21, 2016, 08:55:24 pm »

Just beat Exdeath for the very first time. I could basically hide behind golem and my chemist doubling hp until he cast doom and lv3 flare on my blue mage.

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #358 on: June 25, 2016, 09:45:40 pm »

Just finished an upgrade chaos run. Went Dragoon, Time Mage, White Mage, Mystic Knight. Final run was one knight with time magic, the rest with white magic, and neo exdeath went down exceedingly easily. Didn't bother with the magic lamp trick, actually went a different route and used psych sword to remove all of that parts MP, after break swording the almagest part and holying down the grand cross part. The entire fight was less of a threat then archeoavis. Shinryuu went down easy as well, berserk/image spam with flare swords and quick/meteo's. Omega, I could probably grind a few levels and eventually take out, but I'm not feeling it. Only two classes I mastered were time mage for the rods, and mystic knight, because it was the last. I will say that drgnswd from dragoon was an immense help through the middle game, keeping my mages topped up on health and MP, but I dont foresee much use for them in most parties.

Thoughts on upgrade. Its rather boring. You are basically just single classing for a while, then going to a new one. With only one slot that is variable, there really isn't much variety. Only reason I had any was because I had two sets of magic available. I can see most runs simply having one command that is hands down better then anything else that can be put there.

darkflagrance

• Bay Watcher
  • Carry on, carry on
    • View Profile
« Reply #359 on: June 27, 2016, 02:36:19 am »

Just challenged Omega.

Three characters locked it down with Romeo's Ballad. The last applied Dragon status to it and then sang it to death with the Apollo's Harp.

Omega got rocked.

Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26