Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26

Author Topic: Final Fantasy V - Four Job Fiesta 2017 - To Many New Things For a Pun Title  (Read 57717 times)

frostshotgg

• Bay Watcher
  • It was a ruse
    • View Profile
Re: Final Fantasy V - Four Job Fiesta 2016 - A Serious Upgrade
« Reply #360 on: June 27, 2016, 07:27:38 am »

My run was in purgatory from having lost a ton of grinding for a particular drop I did which set me back a couple hours and made me sad, but I made up for that now and I'm back on my way through the start of W3. Hopefully I finish my run in a couple days. Shinryu is an obvious zerk/blind, but I'm not sure about my Omega strat. Taking inspiration from Sullla's chemist, I'm thinking I'll go Reflect Rings then bounce Thundaga off my dudes, probably after a very long self-buffing phase.

darkflagrance

• Bay Watcher
  • Carry on, carry on
    • View Profile
« Reply #361 on: June 27, 2016, 08:34:25 pm »

Good luck frostshotgg! I hope to see your triple crown soon.

I see what you mean on time; it's hard to find time to play too much, I'm sneaking dungeon crawls here and there when I can.

I tried to fight Shinryu the legit way and immediately wiped.

Round two: Berserk->Blind courtesy of Chemist, followed by Apollo's Harp/Golem spam.

Also the pic for Omega
...as if nothing really matters...

The Legend of Tholtig Cryptbrain: 8000 dead elves and a cyclops

Tired of going decades without goblin sieges? Try The Fortress Defense Mod

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #362 on: June 29, 2016, 07:21:17 pm »

Anyone having issues with #victory posts? I had one on the 25th and haven't gotten my confirmation yet.
Ustxu Iceraped the Frigid Crystal of Slaughter was a glacier titan. It was the only one of its kind. A gigantic feathered carp composed of crystal glass. It has five mouths full of treacherous teeth, enormous clear wings, and ferocious blue eyes. Beware its icy breath! Ustxu was associated with oceans, glaciers, boats, and murder.

frostshotgg

• Bay Watcher
  • It was a ruse
    • View Profile
« Reply #363 on: June 29, 2016, 07:40:04 pm »

If you put a comment with it, that could screw it up. If you didn't direct it @FFVForFutures that definitely would screw it up. Otherwise it might just be a game of waiting, it takes a bit.

EDIT: Just dropped Neo Exdeath. Good lord I burned through a ridiculous number of consumables between him and Necrophobe. Now I remember why I never use chemists in normal runs. They're bullshit strong, but holy crap the grinding for drops.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2016, 05:46:15 am by frostshotgg »

Madmachine

• Bay Watcher
  • Dwarfputer Project FTW
    • View Profile
« Reply #364 on: July 03, 2016, 11:51:34 am »

Gomen for the necro. I know I'm late to the party on this one, but I recently started a regular playthrough of this game. I've heard mixed opinions about its story, so up until now I have foolishly passed it up ("What good is an FF game without a rich story?") but after watching a fiesta stream, I decided to give it a go. Nothing fancy, just a regular run of the game. I really like the fact that the bosses aren't all status-immune -- useless status effect spells were my main complaint about FFIII.

The biggest source of confusion for me in this game is the choice of whether or not to keep my party simple or to branch off into some of the funkier jobs. I'm kind of surprised they give you something as weird as blue mage right off the bat. I tried messing with blue mage a bit, but I haven't really seen any of the good monster abilities yet, and it's a hassle to just sit around waiting for the enemy to target you, so I think I'll just keep that job on the back burner for now, at least until I get the beastmaster or something. Beastmaster's in this game, right? RIGHT?

In terms of the story... it's cute, I guess. It's cliche and predictable (when they aren't throwing ass pulls at you out of the blue), but it's got its own quaint charm to it. Kind of like what I would expect from an 8-bit RPG.

Faris is best girl.
I am a Grammar Communist. I believe that the means of word production (i.e: dictionaries) should be seized, for the good of the people.

We are succeeding. You can tell, because the Oxford English Dictionary made an emoji word of the year.

darkflagrance

• Bay Watcher
  • Carry on, carry on
    • View Profile
« Reply #365 on: July 03, 2016, 04:08:21 pm »

With Blue Mage, it helps to have a guide to know which specific BLU abilities to target. A select few abilities (Vampire, Aero/ra/ga, MIGHT GUARD, Dark Spark, Lv5 Death, Lv2 Old, Death Claw, 1000 needles, and White Wind) can either make the Blue Mage into a super white mage or a game breaker. You don't need a beastmaster to learn most of them, just make everyone a blue mage for a battle and wait, although a beastmaster does unlock some of the more broken abilities earlier (1000 needles!).

The funkier jobs are often quite game breaking, especially bard and chemist, if you're willing to exploit extreme cheese. The game has a lot of intricate mechanics that can also be used to heavily optimize other classes and bring out their full potential.

---

On a side note, I triple-crowned a while ago but didn't post it until now:
...as if nothing really matters...

The Legend of Tholtig Cryptbrain: 8000 dead elves and a cyclops

Tired of going decades without goblin sieges? Try The Fortress Defense Mod

Madmachine

• Bay Watcher
  • Dwarfputer Project FTW
    • View Profile
« Reply #366 on: July 04, 2016, 07:43:10 am »

You don't need a beastmaster to learn most of them, just make everyone a blue mage for a battle and wait
Oh, that's right; characters don't learn blue magic individually. The whole "shared spell library" mechanic is a bit hard to get used to. Thanks for the tip!

This game is fun to break. I remember cheesing my way past Garkimasera in the basement of Worus castle by attacking everyone but my knight in my party to get them down to low HP in battles outside the castle, so that my knight would aways take the damage for them. Then I had the knight use guard to decrease all incoming physical damage to zero, left the active turn on one of the other characters so my knight never let his guard down, and ran!
« Last Edit: July 04, 2016, 07:48:09 am by Madmachine »
I am a Grammar Communist. I believe that the means of word production (i.e: dictionaries) should be seized, for the good of the people.

We are succeeding. You can tell, because the Oxford English Dictionary made an emoji word of the year.

Johuotar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Some game projects
« Reply #367 on: July 18, 2016, 06:53:22 pm »

I finally finished it, I got stuck at Exdeath's castle and had to grind some hp which killed my interest for a few weeks. But afterwards I breezed through the game until Neo Exdeath which required quite a bit of strategy to beat. The answer ended up being having everyone equipped with fire rings so I could heal with firaga. Then I had two characters cast Quick + 2xFlare and the last part could be finished with the magic lamp's Odin.

That was close...
[img height=x width=y]http://LINK TO IMAGE HERE[/img]
The Toad hops in mysterious ways.
This pure mountain spring water is indispensable. Literally. I'm out of paper cups.

frostshotgg

• Bay Watcher
  • It was a ruse
    • View Profile
« Reply #368 on: July 18, 2016, 07:37:30 pm »

I'm still bashing my head into the brick wall that is trying to do Shinyru without glitching him or grinding to a reasonable level.

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #369 on: July 19, 2016, 04:28:40 pm »

I'm still bashing my head into the brick wall that is trying to do Shinyru without glitching him or grinding to a reasonable level.
Whats your party?
Ustxu Iceraped the Frigid Crystal of Slaughter was a glacier titan. It was the only one of its kind. A gigantic feathered carp composed of crystal glass. It has five mouths full of treacherous teeth, enormous clear wings, and ferocious blue eyes. Beware its icy breath! Ustxu was associated with oceans, glaciers, boats, and murder.

bulborbish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Alright, Pre-Registration is back up, time to flood in and registrate (If you want)

New This Year: PureChaos (I Think), RegPopular, and Fifth Job

If I missed anything in the OP, please tell me since I decided to redo it instead of modifying my original post.

frostshotgg

• Bay Watcher
  • It was a ruse
    • View Profile

Fifth Job means you get a new job for Krile when she replaces Galuf. Pretty straightforward.

RegPopular is a regular run, except weighted towards classes that were voted for on twitter.

PureChaos is the same as regular chaos, but includes mime and freelancer, also removes any sort of weighting if there was any before in RegChaos.

bulborbish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

The fiesta should be starting soon, with a 1.91 Berserker Saturation for BERSERKER RISK players. If you want to sign up for berserker risk, now would be the time to do so.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile

Well my very first job is Dancer. As in 'Unlocked by Earth Crystal' Dancer. As in 'Squishy, Gimmicky' Dancer. As in 'Why is Swords Dance only 25%' Dancer.

Guess I'm going to have to learn how to complete the game up to the Water Crystal as Freelancers now. My initial hunch is that I'm going to be grinding a ton to stock up on potions and the like. Any tips to help me out?

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Freelancer isn't that hard. To get to water crystal, you don't have many bad bosses. Siren is a pain, definitely hit her undead form with potions. Other then that, you can ice rod magisa, and galura wont do much against your maxed out armor. Also if you wear one of the dancer only armies sword dance goes to 50%. Wit the option losing tempting tango. At least it wasn't mime first, like me.
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26