Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 26

Author Topic: Final Fantasy V - Four Job Fiesta 2017 - To Many New Things For a Pun Title  (Read 57661 times)

Cecilff2

• Bay Watcher
  • PikaaAAAAあああああ
    • View Profile
Re: Final Fantasy V - Four Job Fiesta 2013
« Reply #90 on: June 16, 2013, 12:22:21 am »

Just remembered freelancers can use rods.  But it seems like it'd be against the spirit of the naturalist run.  I'll tackle karnak without.

Just Remember: It's only illegal to use the rods if your in a No750 game. Otherwise it's fair game.

Anyway, Breezing through, estimating Earth Crystal in 3 Hours at most.

Was a bit painful but beat liquid without rods.

Now have a ranger for my third job...which I can't use yet...On the plus side, cleared the entire castle with about a minute to spare.

Ugh gonna have to level grind.  Byblos is impossible if you can't outdamage his autodrain...

Finally got him...He was a cakewalk last year when I had black mage/red mage.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

By the way.  Anyone that missed RK's stream.  He had one of the most amazing Exdeath fights I've ever seen.  He may have lost, but it doesn't negate just how great the fight was.  Faris was nearly unstoppable.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2013, 01:39:39 am by Cecilff2 »
There comes a time when you must take off the soft, furry slippers of a boy and put on the shoes of a man.
Unless of course they don't fit properly and your feet blister up like bubble wrap.
Oh ho ho, but don't try to return the shoes, because they won't take them back once you've worn them.
Especially if that fat pig Tony is at the desk.

Baneling

• Bay Watcher
  • Acid Balloon
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: June 16, 2013, 01:39:00 am »

Perfect. Blue Mage for my Wind crystal.

Time to breeze through massive chunks of the game, just like last year. :D
I tend to be a stupid person. Expect me to say/do stupid things and we'll probably get along better!

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: June 16, 2013, 03:04:39 am »

Perfect. Blue Mage for my Wind crystal.

Time to breeze through massive chunks of the game, just like last year. :D
Black mage for me. Whee, I hate this job early.
Ustxu Iceraped the Frigid Crystal of Slaughter was a glacier titan. It was the only one of its kind. A gigantic feathered carp composed of crystal glass. It has five mouths full of treacherous teeth, enormous clear wings, and ferocious blue eyes. Beware its icy breath! Ustxu was associated with oceans, glaciers, boats, and murder.

Cecilff2

• Bay Watcher
  • PikaaAAAAあああああ
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: June 16, 2013, 03:15:55 am »

Goin to bed now.  Just got my earth job.  Dancer.

So my final party shall be

Bartz: Knight
Lenna: Berserker
Faris: Ranger
Krile/Galuf: Dancer

No Fork tower for me it would appear.  Not looking forward to the crystal guardians...
There comes a time when you must take off the soft, furry slippers of a boy and put on the shoes of a man.
Unless of course they don't fit properly and your feet blister up like bubble wrap.
Oh ho ho, but don't try to return the shoes, because they won't take them back once you've worn them.
Especially if that fat pig Tony is at the desk.

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: June 16, 2013, 04:29:57 am »

And, just picked up Knight for Water. So, Black Mage and Knight. Looks like some folks are gonna be spamming flare from behind the safety of Guardian Dagger+Aegis Shield+Elf Cape.
Ustxu Iceraped the Frigid Crystal of Slaughter was a glacier titan. It was the only one of its kind. A gigantic feathered carp composed of crystal glass. It has five mouths full of treacherous teeth, enormous clear wings, and ferocious blue eyes. Beware its icy breath! Ustxu was associated with oceans, glaciers, boats, and murder.

Baneling

• Bay Watcher
  • Acid Balloon
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: June 16, 2013, 04:41:05 am »

hahahaha balls

I just got Berserker for my Water job. No summons, Hastega or useless dualcast for me. :(

BluM and Berserker thus far. Not too terrible combination I guess? Will have to see what Fire and Earth bring for Galuf/kururu and Faris.
I tend to be a stupid person. Expect me to say/do stupid things and we'll probably get along better!

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: June 16, 2013, 04:57:39 am »

Random guess? Bard and chemist. Bard is fricken awesome. Also berserker risk on a team 750 is a nice way to ensure you can complete fork tower easily, as magic is disabled against the minotaur.

Baneling

• Bay Watcher
  • Acid Balloon
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: June 16, 2013, 05:09:13 am »

Bard lol I wish. I got Geomancer instead. I guess it's not...too...terrible? I won't have to worry about lava in Exdeath's castle, at any rate. Oh well.

UPSIDE: Since I don't have to buy magic, I will have the money required to buy ALL THE POTIONS! Yay!
« Last Edit: June 16, 2013, 05:12:40 am by Baneling »

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: June 16, 2013, 05:14:54 am »

You get to spam exdeath with a hit all air attack. That isn't too shabby.

Baneling

• Bay Watcher
  • Acid Balloon
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: June 16, 2013, 08:07:15 am »

GLORIOUS GLORIOUS LUCK

I GOT CHEMIST :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: June 16, 2013, 08:43:14 am »

Black Mage, but I can't start playing due to busy for a couple days...
To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.

Logical2u

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: June 16, 2013, 10:11:15 am »

Why did you get your first job before you started playing? It kind of ruins the suspense + surprise, at least for me.
This account is defunct - please contact me through other means.

bulborbish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: June 16, 2013, 10:16:21 am »

Ok, so my final party is White Mage, Berserker, Mystic Knight, Dancer

Out of curiosity, how likely do you think it is possible for be to conquer Fork Tower?

Baneling

• Bay Watcher
  • Acid Balloon
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: June 16, 2013, 10:25:38 am »

Pretty easy. MK can beat Omniscient via silence blade. Berserker will stomp Minotaur for you. Might have a little issue on the way up, but shouldn't be too bad.

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: June 16, 2013, 10:57:10 am »

Why did you get your first job before you started playing? It kind of ruins the suspense + surprise, at least for me.

Well, I figure the first job doesn't really affect the part of the game before it at all, and I'd rather know..suspense is overrated!
To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 26