Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 26

Author Topic: Final Fantasy V - Four Job Fiesta 2017 - To Many New Things For a Pun Title  (Read 56930 times)

bulborbish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Hello Folks, It's that time of year again, so the Four Job Fiesta Thread will again rise for a good month.

The Fiesta

If you are unfamiliar with the Four Job Fiesta, it is a challenge run for Final Fantasy Five where you play with a limited selection of jobs.

The Rules are Simple:
1. Every time you complete one crystal, you will unlock one new job that you get at that crystal
2. You are only allowed to use jobs that you have unlocked
3. You must have at least one character assigned to each job that you have unlocked. You are also allowed to have characters use skill from other unlocked jobs.

In addition to these rules, you can add modifiers to your run to control what jobs you can use or not.

Spoiler: Additional Rules (click to show/hide)

As Always I encourage new players who have never tried the fiesta before to give it a go, since its good fun and helps motivate for charity.

Four Job Fiesta Reddit
« Last Edit: June 01, 2017, 03:49:21 pm by bulborbish »

Logical2u

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Final Fantasy V - Four Job Fiesta 2013
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2013, 12:21:11 pm »

I will probably be doing this again this year, streaming parts of it again likely.

Hopefully I'll remember to actually finish it this year, though, but I doubt I'll get as good a job combo as last year. (Blue/Time/Beast/Dancer)
This account is defunct - please contact me through other means.

Baneling

• Bay Watcher
  • Acid Balloon
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2013, 12:32:02 pm »

The optional rules ARE

Natural mode: One person per crystal's job. So, Wind is Bartz only, Water is Lenna only etc. I can't remember what they are specifically. This means that until you get all four of your jobs, you will always have at least one freelancer in the party. Also, no skill switching - WM can only use WM skills etc.

Team 750: Rod-breaking or similarly themed jobs only.

No Team 750: Non-rod-breaking or similarly themed jobs only.

Berserker Risk is now the only way to get duplicate jobs and, of course, they have to be berserkers.

I'll be playing this year too for my third year. Should be fun.
I tend to be a stupid person. Expect me to say/do stupid things and we'll probably get along better!

bulborbish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2013, 12:54:07 pm »

The optional rules ARE

Natural mode: One person per crystal's job. So, Wind is Bartz only, Water is Lenna only etc. I can't remember what they are specifically. This means that until you get all four of your jobs, you will always have at least one freelancer in the party. Also, no skill switching - WM can only use WM skills etc.

Team 750: Rod-breaking or similarly themed jobs only.

No Team 750: Non-rod-breaking or similarly themed jobs only.

Berserker Risk is now the only way to get duplicate jobs and, of course, they have to be berserkers.

I'll be playing this year too for my third year. Should be fun.
Thanks Baneling

OP UPDATE GO

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2013, 01:06:21 pm »

ohman ohman ohman

Yes I enjoyed this last time, and so I'm gonna enjoy it this time.

Also ouch, natural mode sounds quite bad. Skill switching was usually pretty good, but if everyone is locked to only one class..
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2013, 04:07:37 pm »

I had debated doing a FAQ on this mode last year. Its my opinion that almost every combination is extremely viable and workable, as I did like 3-4 runs through it, though annoyingly I discovered it at the end of the fiesta so couldn't contribute.

I think my first run was a thief/beast/time/chemist run. Let me tell you, chemist in ANY set of combinations is VASTLY overpowered. Especially since the only SCSJC to solo omega at a reasonable level was a chemist.

But yes. There are no good or bad teams. Just don't over level. There are a large number of bosses who do percentage damage, and ironically its easier to beat them at lower levels, as 80% of 500 health can be topped off with a hipotion, but 80% of 1000 health can't be.

But yeah. Keep every item you find, get the early summons and songs until you know you won't need them, and kick ass.

Everything has an abusable ability. Except monks. Kick is kinda nice, but ultimately, he just bashes things.
Ustxu Iceraped the Frigid Crystal of Slaughter was a glacier titan. It was the only one of its kind. A gigantic feathered carp composed of crystal glass. It has five mouths full of treacherous teeth, enormous clear wings, and ferocious blue eyes. Beware its icy breath! Ustxu was associated with oceans, glaciers, boats, and murder.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
  • Hi!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2013, 04:52:32 pm »

Natural mode sounds pretty fun. Almost like original FF. I'll probably do this again this year.

Baneling

• Bay Watcher
  • Acid Balloon
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 25, 2013, 05:29:58 pm »

I'd say there are teams that can't beat the game, but one guy beat Shinryu and maybe Neo-Shinryu last year with one knight and 3 berserkers.
I tend to be a stupid person. Expect me to say/do stupid things and we'll probably get along better!

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 25, 2013, 09:57:42 pm »

Actually haven't played Final Fantasy V before today. I'm liking it.

...Especially the part where a random guy in an inn tells you "Knights do it two-handed!...hic"
To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.

Microcline

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 25, 2013, 10:17:28 pm »

I'd say there are teams that can't beat the game, but one guy beat Shinryu and maybe Neo-Shinryu last year with one knight and 3 berserkers.
No matter what modifiers you put on, you're guaranteed at least one of the wind crystal jobs and all of those can solo the game.  The damage output from the triple berserkers even makes the hardest runs (WM and thief) a bit less tedious. 

I'm not sure how crazy level grinding affects it, but I'm certain that at most levels Shinryu and Omega aren't guaranteed, with Shinryu being possible for the majority of parties and Omega only being possible for a few.  Few FJF players think about the bonus GBA dungeons and if we value our sanity neither should we.

Everything has an abusable ability. Except monks. Kick is kinda nice, but ultimately, he just bashes things.
I wouldn't say that.  Barehanded makes world one a joke so even though they get less relevant later on they're still far more useful than dragoons, geomancers, and dancers.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
  • Hi!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 25, 2013, 10:24:17 pm »

I'm not sure how crazy level grinding affects it, but I'm certain that at most levels Shinryu and Omega aren't guaranteed, with Shinryu being possible for the majority of parties and Omega only being possible for a few.  Few FJF players think about the bonus GBA dungeons and if we value our sanity neither should we.

Sanity is for the weak.

I haven't ever fully completed FFV or the bonus dungeon stuff, so clearly I must do it ALLLL this time around.

bulborbish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 26, 2013, 01:16:10 am »

Sanity is for the weak.

I haven't ever fully completed FFV or the bonus dungeon stuff, so clearly I must do it ALLLL this time around.

You know what is REALLY lacking in sanity.

Beserker Risk Natural Mode. On a blind run. With a shinryu and omega run goal
 Fortunately, It's not like I'm actually attempting this.

[/sarcasm]

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 26, 2013, 01:30:40 am »

Sanity is for the weak.

Freeform if you do that I'll do it with you, with Diary included to show my slow decent into madness.
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 26, 2013, 01:56:24 am »

I wouldn't say that.  Barehanded makes world one a joke so even though they get less relevant later on they're still far more useful than dragoons, geomancers, and dancers.
Dancers get sword dance and ribbons, and can give ribbons to everyone else. Geomancers have innate magic ability that can do a LOT of damage to everything for free, plus lava walk which is nice in a few places., and dragoons get jump and drgswd abilities. Early, yes, monks tear through world one. But world three? Meh. Counter is nice. But otherwise? Not so much.
Ustxu Iceraped the Frigid Crystal of Slaughter was a glacier titan. It was the only one of its kind. A gigantic feathered carp composed of crystal glass. It has five mouths full of treacherous teeth, enormous clear wings, and ferocious blue eyes. Beware its icy breath! Ustxu was associated with oceans, glaciers, boats, and murder.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
  • Hi!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 26, 2013, 09:41:32 am »

Beserker Risk Natural Mode. On a blind run. With a shinryu and omega run goal
 Fortunately, It's not like I'm actually attempting this.

Yes. All of my yes. Although - on Natural mode, wouldn't that mean you can only get one Berserker?
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 26