Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 26

Author Topic: Final Fantasy V - Four Job Fiesta 2017 - To Many New Things For a Pun Title  (Read 56939 times)

bulborbish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Final Fantasy V - Four Job Fiesta 2013
« Reply #45 on: June 02, 2013, 10:32:51 pm »

I have no regrets double posting after a few days of inactivity.

Anyway, looks like 91% of the cash for the first level of berserker risk for everyone has been donated, so that should be fun. Time to place berserker in one of my test game slots from now on.

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: June 02, 2013, 11:29:50 pm »

After a rather annoying laptop bricking, I'm gonna join this. Last game I'm gonna just call it. Dancing Dirk to trick more blue magic then normal out of foes, and I was just about to hit castle Bal and its money/xp/job point fountain of a basement, specially when combined with blue magic. Gonna do another trial run before the tourney starts.
Ustxu Iceraped the Frigid Crystal of Slaughter was a glacier titan. It was the only one of its kind. A gigantic feathered carp composed of crystal glass. It has five mouths full of treacherous teeth, enormous clear wings, and ferocious blue eyes. Beware its icy breath! Ustxu was associated with oceans, glaciers, boats, and murder.

Baneling

• Bay Watcher
  • Acid Balloon
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: June 03, 2013, 07:30:33 am »

Last year I had BluM, ninja, MK, dancer. Was a pretty fun team. I'm prereg'd for natural, 750, berserker risk this year. Should be fun.
I tend to be a stupid person. Expect me to say/do stupid things and we'll probably get along better!

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: June 03, 2013, 08:49:06 am »

Yo Im also doing this as MORECHITA. Going for a low level random natural crystal beserker risk run.

The low level part is just a contest between me and someone else, but it should still make things interesting.
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

bulborbish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: June 03, 2013, 07:38:19 pm »

So, began running another practice game for Random Natural with a guaranteed Berserker in light of the current donation status (down to 88% chance of berserker) and ended up with a party of Thief, Summoner, Monk, and Berserker. It's been an... interesting experience.

Any advice on what to do? I have no Idea how this party can preform against Exdeath right now.

Boksi

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone's dumb in their own special way
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: June 03, 2013, 08:40:33 pm »

So I signed up for this as BvarIi. Note that that's an uppercase I and not a lowercase l.
[BODY_DETAIL:NAIL:NAIL:NAIL]
[HAMMER:HAMMER:HAMMER]

[TSU_NOUN:nose]
[SUN_TSU_NOUN:art:war]

Cecilff2

• Bay Watcher
  • PikaaAAAAあああああ
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: June 04, 2013, 10:57:11 am »

So, began running another practice game for Random Natural with a guaranteed Berserker in light of the current donation status (down to 88% chance of berserker) and ended up with a party of Thief, Summoner, Monk, and Berserker. It's been an... interesting experience.

Any advice on what to do? I have no Idea how this party can preform against Exdeath right now.

Make sure you pick up golem and carbuncle.  You may have to kill your zerker though to get golem if you keep getting unlucky with his targetting.

Registered Random, Berserkerrisk as Cecilff2.  I'm contemplating adding Natural.  I like the challenge, but being able to multiclass really helped me keep it low level last time.

Consequently found my victory screens.(Not sure how I kept them alive.  I must have been rather lucky that time.  I remember having to do the fight over quite a few times though before it worked out.)
Krile - level 33 ranger 1050 max HP
Faris - level 33 black mage 1032 max HP
Lenna - level 31 red mage 844 max HP
Bartz - level 33 geomancer 1161 max HP

Since almagest was an insta-wipe, I used a lot of break on that section and hoped I'd off it before it managed to cast, and then spammed the hell out of the spellcaster section of exdeath.(Which would also instakill most party members)
« Last Edit: June 04, 2013, 11:13:55 am by Cecilff2 »
There comes a time when you must take off the soft, furry slippers of a boy and put on the shoes of a man.
Unless of course they don't fit properly and your feet blister up like bubble wrap.
Oh ho ho, but don't try to return the shoes, because they won't take them back once you've worn them.
Especially if that fat pig Tony is at the desk.

bulborbish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: June 04, 2013, 12:31:04 pm »

Make sure you pick up golem and carbuncle.  You may have to kill your zerker though to get golem if you keep getting unlucky with his targetting.

Thanks, took me three tries to actually retrieve golem, but once I got him thinks have eased somewhat. Still worrying about damage output, but I think I'll be able to pass with the legendary weapons and Bahamut.

Registered Random, Berserkerrisk as Cecilff2.  I'm contemplating adding Natural.  I like the challenge, but being able to multiclass really helped me keep it low level last time.

I recommend to add Natural if you want to limit the skill spread. Also, Rod Break spam before all of the classes are set.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2013, 12:33:05 pm by bulborbish »

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: June 04, 2013, 01:06:39 pm »

http://imgur.com/a/vdi4k

Ah, and so Cecilff, you got me to look at my victory screen. Pretty much I finished at around the same level as you, if a little higher. Shell was pretty much the only thing that kept me alive though most of it, I'll admit.
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

Cecilff2

• Bay Watcher
  • PikaaAAAAあああああ
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: June 04, 2013, 01:52:02 pm »

Almagest is really nasty low level, was it still capable of wiping your party at 35/36ish?  I can't recall if I left physical attack or grand cross as my last target.  Probably cross given the sleeping Krile, though I'd guess I probably tried to kill both at the same time to prevent last second almagest spam.  I do recall abusing main gauche as much as possible though.

Guess I'll try Natural, but I seriously doubt I'll low level run with it and zerker risk unless I get seriously lucky with my class selections.  Hope I get a rod user for wind(Or somehow manage to dodge the zerker bullet for water), cause karnak is going to be a real pain.  Better stock up on potions...
There comes a time when you must take off the soft, furry slippers of a boy and put on the shoes of a man.
Unless of course they don't fit properly and your feet blister up like bubble wrap.
Oh ho ho, but don't try to return the shoes, because they won't take them back once you've worn them.

Baneling

• Bay Watcher
  • Acid Balloon
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: June 04, 2013, 02:00:29 pm »

be a man

do 750/no 750

I actually just realized that No 750 Berserker Risk means that at Water, you have 33% chance of Magic Knight and 66% chance of Berserker or, if I'm getting it wrong, 50-50 either way. Sucks to be my friend!
« Last Edit: June 04, 2013, 02:10:26 pm by Baneling »
I tend to be a stupid person. Expect me to say/do stupid things and we'll probably get along better!

bulborbish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: June 04, 2013, 03:18:25 pm »

I actually just realized that No 750 Berserker Risk means that at Water, you have 33% chance of Magic Knight and 66% chance of Berserker or, if I'm getting it wrong, 50-50 either way. Sucks to be my friend!

Berserker Risk means that one of your slots will be replaced with a Berserker, so the Odds should be 50/50 regardless, and when you are selected, than the Slot becomes a Berserker regardless of previous odds.

So, using current numbers (and assuming that you are running on a non-random game) than the probability of rolling a Berserker for the water crystal is 50% After Berserker Risk, currently has a probability of .851 (truncated to .85 for calculations), and (.5 * .15) in the case of rolling a mystic knight, leading to a probability of 92.5% of getting a Berserker for the Water Crystal in a [Berserker Risk, Team No750] games.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2013, 03:29:37 pm by bulborbish »

Cecilff2

• Bay Watcher
  • PikaaAAAAあああああ
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: June 04, 2013, 04:47:03 pm »

Well now I'm wondering if I should punish myself further by adding no750 along with natural.

I mean I don't want to make the run so horrible I don't finish.  Buuuut.  It could be entertaining too.

Hmmmm....

bulborbish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: June 04, 2013, 04:51:07 pm »

Well now I'm wondering if I should punish myself further by adding no750 along with natural.

I mean I don't want to make the run so horrible I don't finish.  Buuuut.  It could be entertaining too.

Hmmmm....

Can't have both Random and either Team750 or TeamNo750 at the same time, unfortunately.

Cecilff2

• Bay Watcher
  • PikaaAAAAあああああ
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: June 04, 2013, 04:52:04 pm »

Hmmmm....

Can't have both Random and either Team750 or TeamNo750 at the same time, unfortunately.

Well that just seems silly.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 26