Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 26

Author Topic: Final Fantasy V - Four Job Fiesta 2017 - To Many New Things For a Pun Title  (Read 56915 times)

bulborbish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Final Fantasy V - Four Job Fiesta 2013
« Reply #60 on: June 04, 2013, 05:11:47 pm »

So, I'm looking for some help at the moment with other unpleasantness. Mainly, I've been spending 3-4 hours trying to kill the Crystals in the Forest of Moore.

I've tried damage control by killing Galuf (my Berserker). That didn't work.

I tried to blanket kill 3 of the Crystals Pre-emptively. That didn't work.

At this point I'm out of methods to kill them, and my run ends unless I can find a way to defeat these guys.

Microcline

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: June 04, 2013, 07:10:07 pm »

So, I'm looking for some help at the moment with other unpleasantness. Mainly, I've been spending 3-4 hours trying to kill the Crystals in the Forest of Moore.

I've tried damage control by killing Galuf (my Berserker). That didn't work.

I tried to blanket kill 3 of the Crystals Pre-emptively. That didn't work.

At this point I'm out of methods to kill them, and my run ends unless I can find a way to defeat these guys.
I'm assuming your party is still natural Thief/Summoner/Monk/Berserker?

None of the crystals are death immune.  If you picked up a doom axe on Crescent Island in world 1, your berserker can get a 25% chance to instakill them with every attack.  You can use a flame ring to cause the fire crystal to heal you after it starts casting firaga.  In a worst case scenario, you could just have your summoner spam Titan until three of the crystals are dead and then gang up on the last one.  Your thief should be able to chuck out items fast enough to make up for the lack of a dedicated healer.

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: June 05, 2013, 03:31:58 pm »

If you have the doom axe, do that. Otherwise, do a run. Count how many titans before the crystals start firing off the death spells. Get to that point. Make sure everyone is fully healed. Then spam kick and titan and have your thief res the beserker and them both spam attacks from the front row.
Ustxu Iceraped the Frigid Crystal of Slaughter was a glacier titan. It was the only one of its kind. A gigantic feathered carp composed of crystal glass. It has five mouths full of treacherous teeth, enormous clear wings, and ferocious blue eyes. Beware its icy breath! Ustxu was associated with oceans, glaciers, boats, and murder.

bulborbish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: June 05, 2013, 06:12:06 pm »

Ok, after multiple attempts, I finally managed to take down the crystals. Granted, it was only because I was lucky enough to keep the attention of the Berserker and Counter activations on the Water Crystal. Once it went down, I was able to systematically eliminate the rest.

Also, Berserker risk chance is at 89% at the moment.

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: June 05, 2013, 09:21:35 pm »

Is berserker risk percentage chance for 1, or chance for 1 each crystal?

Edit: Signed up for just a normal Random run.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2013, 09:38:10 pm by beorn080 »
Ustxu Iceraped the Frigid Crystal of Slaughter was a glacier titan. It was the only one of its kind. A gigantic feathered carp composed of crystal glass. It has five mouths full of treacherous teeth, enormous clear wings, and ferocious blue eyes. Beware its icy breath! Ustxu was associated with oceans, glaciers, boats, and murder.

Microcline

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: June 05, 2013, 10:27:17 pm »

Is berserker risk percentage chance for 1, or chance for 1 each crystal?

Edit: Signed up for just a normal Random run.
They're allocated equally among berserker risk players at a rate of 1 per $10 donated, added in addition to any berserkers rolled naturally.  Thus the chance of an at risk player being assigned 1 berserker is 274/316 =  87%.  Thus, as both normal and random have a 20% chance of rolling a berserker (random is actually somewhere around 0.01% lower, but that's not enough for anyone to care), the chances with current donations and player numbers are:

0 Berserkers: 10.4%
1 Berserker: 72.2%
2 Berserkers: 17.4%
3 Berserkers: 0%

I'd really like to see a berserker in every BR party and a nonzero chance of triple berserkers, but it seems an alarming number of BR players aren't willing to chip in their ten bucks.

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: June 08, 2013, 02:33:06 am »

So, having used all of the the wind crystal jobs, I'd have to say the two hardest early game are thief and black mage. Thief, because you only have TWO weapons going into the ship graveyard, and if you want to kill the Siren, you have to farm weapons from the skeletons. After that, it plays pretty much like a standard melee class early game, just a little less power and a lot more ability to run. Stealing is AWESOME, capture just makes that better, and chicken knife makes the class nasty if you get no other synergies.

Black mage, however, is a pain. Their spells are costly, so grinding is a pain, and they don't do THAT much more damage then standard attacks. Siren is slightly easy due to flame weakness, but you're pretty much running from everything up to her. Haven't dropped Galura yet, I presume he'd be rather tough, as getting the elf cape is nigh impossible.

Baneling

• Bay Watcher
  • Acid Balloon
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: June 08, 2013, 04:08:18 am »

Berserker odds are really weird. As far as I know, it is actually just an extra chance to get the job at each crystal, but if you haven't gotten one the last space(s) will guarantee a berserker - so, earth guaranteed, then fire if you get 2, then water if you get 3. Maybe, I think. I'm not sure anybody except RK knows how it really works, and it's weird to try and figure out.
I tend to be a stupid person. Expect me to say/do stupid things and we'll probably get along better!

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: June 08, 2013, 04:20:41 am »

So. I'm doing yet another practice run, and I have run into an issue with my current method of going through the game. Wind crystal, picked up black mage. Water crystal, realize I have used every job available to me at this point in the game. I don't REMEMBER using red mage, but I'm like 99% sure I have, and it was in a no other magic party cause I remember being pissed dual cast was useless. So, as the intent of my method of selection is to ensure I try new classes, should I just select jobs from later crystals and pick them up then? Or, run something else?

Edit: Just checked the job list, I was only missing three jobs as it was. So, Go Go random Roll for a mystic knight.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2013, 04:33:37 am by beorn080 »

Cecilff2

• Bay Watcher
  • PikaaAAAAあああああ
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: June 14, 2013, 09:52:57 am »

Revenant's run is going to start in about 4 hours.  When that finishes, the run begins in earnest.  You guys ready?
There comes a time when you must take off the soft, furry slippers of a boy and put on the shoes of a man.
Unless of course they don't fit properly and your feet blister up like bubble wrap.
Oh ho ho, but don't try to return the shoes, because they won't take them back once you've worn them.
Especially if that fat pig Tony is at the desk.

Baneling

• Bay Watcher
  • Acid Balloon
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: June 14, 2013, 10:12:30 am »

When that finishes or in ~52 hours from that post. This should be fun.

EDIT: The countdown for the start of his run can be found here. Hope that helps.

Also I think I confused myself. The festival starts regardless of RK's run in ~57 hours? I think? I'm not really sure at this point.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2013, 10:23:21 am by Baneling »
I tend to be a stupid person. Expect me to say/do stupid things and we'll probably get along better!

Cecilff2

• Bay Watcher
  • PikaaAAAAあああああ
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: June 14, 2013, 10:47:09 am »

Also I think I confused myself. The festival starts regardless of RK's run in ~57 hours? I think? I'm not really sure at this point.

The festival starts when that counter ends or whenever RK finishes his run.  Whichever comes first.

He usually finishes by the next day though, so I'd say sometime saturday.
There comes a time when you must take off the soft, furry slippers of a boy and put on the shoes of a man.
Unless of course they don't fit properly and your feet blister up like bubble wrap.
Oh ho ho, but don't try to return the shoes, because they won't take them back once you've worn them.
Especially if that fat pig Tony is at the desk.

bulborbish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: June 14, 2013, 11:15:16 pm »

Also, as a note, we are at 101.25% Berserker Risk Rate, so everyone will probably end up with a Berserker, and you could be one of the 5 people with 2 guaranteed Berserkers.

Anyway, I'll update the OP when I see you make progress or you post in the topic, just to say.

bulborbish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: June 15, 2013, 06:07:14 pm »

And if the site is to be believed, the Fiesta has started.

EDIT: THE SITE IS BELIEVED, GOGOGOGOGO
« Last Edit: June 15, 2013, 06:46:49 pm by bulborbish »

Logical2u

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: June 15, 2013, 06:45:07 pm »

Gilgabot has also confirmed it at this point. I'm going to start streaming for the race in a bit, probably (although expect breaks).
« Last Edit: June 15, 2013, 06:47:25 pm by Logical2u »
This account is defunct - please contact me through other means.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 26