Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: New Overpowered Race for personal use  (Read 4905 times)

DwarfMan98

• Bay Watcher
  • If you Fus Ro Dah a Gandalf, prepare for FUN!!!!!!
    • View Profile
New Overpowered Race for personal use
« on: May 25, 2013, 08:56:56 pm »

Hello everyone!

Can anyone help me on making an extremely overpowered, humanoid race that is near impossible to kill (No organs), does not need to eat, sleep, drink etc, can fly and is playable in adventure AND fortress mode?

I know, that will definitely be absolutely atomically universe destroying supranuclear level unstoppable be a bit too overpowered but i want to try it out and OBLITERATE MY ENEMIES let my enemies have some Fun!  ;D

Ps. I'm a diggy diggy dwarf and i'm digging a hole!
You know what Dwarf Fortress should have? DRAGONS. And Dragonborns. And Reapers. And Gandalf. Then the Dovahkiin can Fus Ro Dah (Unrelenting Force) Gandalf ("You shall not pass!") and make a paradox!
Thou shalt not pass! Fus Ro Dah!
Hydrogen, helium, lithium, berryllium, boron, carbon, nitrogen... I am proud to be a nerd. I should be Urist McNerd. MUHUHUHUHUHAHAAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAAHHAAAAAAHA! 3.1415926535897932384626433832795028841971693. None of that is the password for my account... I think...

sackhead

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: New Overpowered Race for personal use
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2013, 09:23:02 pm »

1.http://dwarffortresswiki.org/index.php/Modding read what it says about bronze colossus
2.make it smaller and out of candy or steal
3. replace the dwarf creature in the entity file 
4. now you know how to mod your self
5. have fun

DwarfMan98

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2013, 02:51:31 am »

Thanks
You know what Dwarf Fortress should have? DRAGONS. And Dragonborns. And Reapers. And Gandalf. Then the Dovahkiin can Fus Ro Dah (Unrelenting Force) Gandalf ("You shall not pass!") and make a paradox!
Hydrogen, helium, lithium, berryllium, boron, carbon, nitrogen... I am proud to be a nerd. I should be Urist McNerd. MUHUHUHUHUHAHAAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAAHHAAAAAAHA! 3.1415926535897932384626433832795028841971693. None of that is the password for my account... I think...

Slayerhero90

• Bay Watcher
  • Time for Taako's opinion.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2013, 02:58:47 am »

Now where's your own personal FUN? Bein' god gets borin', ya know.
My tumblr.
Yeah no I don't haunt here anymore. Peace

Matoro

• Bay Watcher
  • if you drive alone you drive with hitler
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2013, 04:59:51 am »

Well he could always mod goblins to be adamantine dragons which spit webds, dragonfire, all kinds of instant-kill-syndromes and such.

Godlysockpuppet

• Bay Watcher
  • [Insert wit here]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2013, 04:32:57 pm »

Try nahiril's rift wardens. They're pretty bad ass. Or just make mod a playable giant sponge without the immobile tag, give it amphibious and give it speed 1. You are now invincible.

laularukyrumo

• Bay Watcher
  • Needs More Socks
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2013, 06:09:58 pm »

Excluding magma, cave/ins, and freezing. Sponges don't bleed out though, right?

I also don't know if sponges care about magma for sure, but you can easily remove heatdam/colddam, melting/ignite/boiling points.

Alternatively you can give them ignite point 2 and no heatdam/melting/boiling, and they should be eternally on fire. Enjoy.
Quote from: Dwarfotaur
Everytime one of my militia has given birth in the Danger Room, it's lead to instant baby smoothies for everyone.

Gotta Catch 'Em All!

Dat Sig Thread

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 27, 2013, 08:00:53 pm »

Sponges won't die to magma. The rest, they will.

assasin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 27, 2013, 09:52:33 pm »

Dragonfire is fun but annoying.

I've never tried using webs, but it shouldn't be hard copying spider raws.

secondly there are a bunch of secondary tags you should probably think about.

take away has nerves to limit any permanent paralysis.
no fear and no dizziness and obvious stuff like that could be found searching through the raws.

You might want to consider making them naturally legendary in everything. I believe a list you can copy and paste can be found on the wiki.

DwarfMan98

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 31, 2013, 04:44:11 pm »

Ummmm... I knew that... It was NOT for godmode as well as it is for fortress mode too!   :P

Steele

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 01, 2013, 01:09:34 pm »

I made such a race for myself quite a while back, and it turned out they were a bit too powerful.
They were immortal, legendary in all stats, and completely invulnerable save for unusual circumstances such as atom smashings, being frozen in ice, etc.
Every single world I generated was devoid of any hostile races, megabeasts, anything dangerous really, as my new civ had wiped everything out.
So there wasn't even anything left for me to do as an adventurer, or fight in fortress mode.
And so I toned them way, way, WAY down and used castes to include some overpowered versions without making the entire race godly.

So basically, modding in a new civilization composed entirely of godly beings is a bad idea, leading only to boredom.
Modding in a new civilization composed predominantly of above average beings but having a powerful, low POP_RATIO caste (or castes) is the way to go, or is at least what has worked well for me.