Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 17

Author Topic: Necropia: Adventurer Succession Survival Game (Players Wanted!)  (Read 20942 times)

CaptainLambcake

• Bay Watcher
  • fabulous
    • View Profile
Re: Necropia: Adventurer Succession Survival Game
« Reply #15 on: May 27, 2013, 10:11:31 am »

i cant seem to download necropia..  the link isn't working for me?
You wake up in (suddenly) your room not somewhere Armok knows where. Travels in deserts and goblin forests turned up to be a dreams borned by procreation of your autistic imagination.

kesperan

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:rugged beard]
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 27, 2013, 10:32:59 am »

The Story of Kesp Enilrujit, "Cleanpants," peasant.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Here is the save. I will perhaps take another turn once people have had a chance to try it, and maybe use some skill points.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/g7j4y2h2223t22h/Necropia.zip

Edit - forgot to mention that I changed it to Phoebus tileset as I can't play very well with ASCII so you might want to change it back whoever is next?
« Last Edit: May 27, 2013, 10:37:30 am by kesperan »
Wow. I believe Kesperan has just won adventurer mode.

CaptainLambcake

• Bay Watcher
  • fabulous
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 27, 2013, 12:51:03 pm »

Obu Masterbeard.  I was a master of nothing, nor did I have a beard.  Your average human peasant, I grew up in Crossroars.  I knew I had to find a safe haven from all these terrible necromancers.  My next stop was Leadflickers, a hamlet near the mountains.  I assumed this would be my path to Bloodspire.  So, it began.

Day 1

A small man I was.  No skill in just about anything, I soon assumed i'd face opposition on my journey.  I picked up some rocks, and began to attempt to hit small targets i'd make for myself on a wall.  Looking for a companion, I soon came upon a disgusting green creature.  A goblin, by the name of Bal Icartista had taken up a spear and called itself a warrior.  He joined me.  Never before had I noticed how strange my home was.  I rarely left my house. There were yaks within the buildings I searched.  Lalgi Inspuzsedast, an axewoman, also joined me.  I found a third goblin, but he refused to join, stating that he would have no "glory".  Clearly, he doesn't want to live in the safety of Bloodspire. 
An ocean of desert greeted us, named the Enjoyable Dune.  It was far from enjoyable.  Here, my troop of goblins and I would make camp for the night.  Let us pray that we aren't eaten by some creature.

Day 2
Surprisingly enough, we awoke the next morning, dirty, but alive and unharmed.  I had some water and octopus meat, and we set off again.  While travelling, trying to find our way, we discover a lair!  Inside, a dwarf vampire named Doren Inkydragons resides.  Apparently, he killed Bomrek Axeguard, exalted confidence of the Superior Faith.  Doren struggles to remember him.  Eventually, Bal killed Doren.  We sustained no injuries.  Bal manages to kill a goat, and we butcher it for its meat.  We also refill our waterskin. 
We come across a cave, and five Troglodytes meet us there.  One is quickly crippled, and I, without thinking, stab it in the head with my spear.  It falls limp.  One troglodyte is left, when suddenly, Tharumi Zecalobiretha Otogatharumi, the Pig Brute, calls out.  This one has killed many.  The Pig Brute begins to spit at us, and I become scared.  I begin to flee.  The axeman stays behind to fight it, and the spearman and I make our escape.  (Wow, that's the first time i've seen a demon before.  The spittle seemed to just make people go flying and bruise their muscles, but I took no chances.)  Having completely overshot our original goal of making it to the town, we enter the mountains, heading northwest.  As I grow tired and it grows dark, I decide to make camp for the night.

Day 3
I awaken to find it still dark.  No time to waste.  The mountains seem to go on forever.  I wonder if I took a wrong route.  A group of Wolverine Men soon greet us by running away.  One becomes enraged and attacks.  My second kill.  It's friend sees, and charges.  The second is alot angrier, and punches me a few times before running away.  Oddly enough, my goblin "comrade" doesn't help me.  I begin to question his loyalty.  He soon wakes up from his dream, and kills the wolverine man that had beaten me up so badly.  My stomach hurts, I vomit.  We continue.  My goblin friend evidently doesn't like keas, and kills one when it gets too close.  He then attacks an eagle woman, which I finish off.  My third kill.  My goblin friend clearly lusts for blood, and kills a kea.  I quickly lose him in the mountains, only to later find him unconcious in a pool of his own blood, and some yak blood.  He has met his match.  I wait for him to awake, before continuing.  He will get medical help if we ever make it.  Time after time, he falls unconcious, and I begin to contemplate leaving him here.  I grow tired, and although it isn't yet night, I assume some sleep will help his pain.  We make camp.

Day 4
We are woken early to be beset upon by a yeti  (also my first time seeing one).  It soon dies to my comrade, who no longer complains of pain now.  Much trekking, and I grow drowsy.  I will not rest until we are off this mountain, and if my map is correct, we are about 65% of the way through the mountain.  We continue.  A Giant Kea snatches at me, tearing at my fat.  I have never seen my own blood before.  This will scar over.  We continue.  A wolverine woman attacks us, and I perform my first chokehold.  It quickly recieves two spear shots to the head, netting me my fourth kill.  Everything is the same.  All grey.. all rocks.  Barren.  A few coyote die to my comrade, who I now believe to be the sole reason I am alive.  He keeps me in check physically and mentally.  I could not have made this journey alone.  Sleep meets me again.

Day 5
We must continue.  A change in scenery!  We are now in the Peaceful Dune.  Let's hope the name holds true.  On a steep cliff, we meet our first enemies.  Kobolds.  An arrow hits my head, and I crumple over, dead. 

Wow.  That sucked.  What a shitty way to die.  Time to try again?
You wake up in (suddenly) your room not somewhere Armok knows where. Travels in deserts and goblin forests turned up to be a dreams borned by procreation of your autistic imagination.

CaptainLambcake

• Bay Watcher
  • fabulous
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 27, 2013, 01:08:12 pm »

Your average dwarf, I was born Dodok Metalhalls.  Times were changing, and we needed to find shelter from the abominations which roamed our planet.  Bloodspire, a fortress, would offer this refuge. 

Day 1
I found a vampire, and revealed who he was.  The villagers dealt with him.  Then, Jal Clangrooves, a rather plump swordsman, decided to join me.  She could guard me on my journey.  Mori Bustbulb, an archer, was next to join.  She was very muscular, and it seemed strange that she'd use a bow, while the fat woman used a sword.  We travelled East, as I assumed this was the way.  We then made camp, and slept.

Day 2
We awoke, and began to march.  Attempting to cross a river, I quickly drowned.

Fuck.

CaptainLambcake

• Bay Watcher
  • fabulous
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 27, 2013, 02:11:10 pm »

I was Hammervoices, and I had a had to get to Bloodspire.

Day 1
I gather companions, and kill a vampire.  My companions die in the hills to Yak.  I gather new ones, and we go.  We sleep.

Day 2
We continue, and nothing really special happens.  We sleep.

Day 3
I awake, and we march.  A yak, for no other reason than spite, kicks me.  My upper spine broken, I quickly suffocate.

Well fuck.

I cannot find out how to upload this file, when I try in mediafire it won't let me upload the folder, it makes me open it.  What do I do?

Sappho

• Bay Watcher
  • AKA Aira; Legendary Female Gamer
    • View Profile
    • Aira Plays Games
« Reply #20 on: May 27, 2013, 02:46:50 pm »

CaptainLambcake: You have to compress the folder into a .zip or .rar file first, then upload that. You can use WinRar if you don't have a zipping utility of any kind. I think Windows comes with its own though - if you right-click the folder you might find an option to compress it to .zip or .rar.

kesperan: I loved your story. Absolutely epic. Remember, losing is !!FUN!! - and a well-told story of failure is far better than a boring story of success any day, in my book.

CaptainLambcake: Good tries! Clearly this challenge is very difficult. Let's all learn our lessons and keep trying. The good news is, since no one will be building any new fortresses, the turns can go by relatively quickly, and everyone can get several chances without having to wait too long.

Speaking of which, there's no one in line now. Come on, folks, step right up, give it a shot! You can't do any worse than the last two! ; D Anyone who wants a turn, just announce your intentions here, download the save once CaptainLambcake gets it up, and get adventurin'.

CaptainLambcake

• Bay Watcher
  • fabulous
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 27, 2013, 03:38:51 pm »

uploading now.  i'll edit with the link when it's done.

http://www.mediafire.com/?2ywhm01a13q0cu4
« Last Edit: May 27, 2013, 03:52:20 pm by CaptainLambcake »

kesperan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 27, 2013, 05:33:22 pm »

I think the Captain might have been playing his version while I was writing up my story, so there will be two versions of the game now... Perhaps a more clearly defined turn list will stop the game splintering into different realities?

CaptainLambcake

• Bay Watcher
  • fabulous
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 27, 2013, 09:05:44 pm »

i was afraid of that. 

CaptainLambcake

• Bay Watcher
  • fabulous
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 27, 2013, 09:06:06 pm »

use yours, since i didn't accomplish anything.

upload your save file once you write your story, people will use yours.

Eastep

• Bay Watcher
  • Puppysicle
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 27, 2013, 11:41:40 pm »

I would absolutely love to take a turn in this epic quest! I am not too terribly good at the game, but as they say, losing is !!FUN!! and stuffs.
So, once that save goes up, I will gladly give the game a try and do my best to rescue the poor citizens of the world and bring them to sanctuary within Bloodspires' walls.
Forgotten Beasts just want to be loved!

kesperan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 28, 2013, 07:20:13 am »

OK then Captain.

I posted my story yesterday, it is near the top of the page. It is hidden behind a spoiler as there are quite a few images.

I did link my version of the save but since there are now posts since then, I will re-link it here for the next person who want's a turn, which looks like you Eastep.

Avenge Kesp!

http://www.mediafire.com/download/g7j4y2h2223t22h/Necropia.zip
« Last Edit: May 28, 2013, 07:22:35 am by kesperan »

Sappho

• Bay Watcher
  • AKA Aira; Legendary Female Gamer
    • View Profile
    • Aira Plays Games
« Reply #27 on: May 28, 2013, 09:21:57 am »

CaptainLambcake, we'll keep you on the first post list as having completed a turn. I don't think it makes too much of a difference to the game world, especially since all of your characters died. I would have a better turn list if more people were interested in turns. : )

Eastep, I'll add you to the list on the first post. Go ahead and download the save kesperan posted and have at it!

CaptainLambcake

• Bay Watcher
  • fabulous
    • View Profile
Re: Necropia: Adventurer Succession Survival Game (Players Wanted!)
« Reply #28 on: May 28, 2013, 02:14:31 pm »

could i have another go later?  since my guys technically didn't do anything in the save we're using, i'd love to have another swing.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2013, 02:16:35 pm by CaptainLambcake »

Argonnek

• Bay Watcher
  • Surging Forward
    • View Profile
Re: Necropia: Adventurer Succession Survival Game (Players Wanted!)
« Reply #29 on: May 28, 2013, 05:38:02 pm »

I would like to have a turn in this madness!
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 17