Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Rpg-ish mmo's?  (Read 866 times)

Kaizerdux

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Rpg-ish mmo's?
« on: July 21, 2013, 03:15:49 pm »

So yeah I've been looking for mmo's with good rpg elements in them because I'm getting tired of the not really rpg mmo's in which you grind gear and search the best skilltree for your class on an online forums. I used to play an old f2p mmo with rpg elements in it called Astonia 3 but the server is horrible lonely. Really liked the combat, gameplay and map design. I also heard alot about ultima online being fun. I liked dofus until they made it pay to do anything and am still waiting for the day that Starsonata 2 is less horrible. Are there any more fun to play mmo"RPG"'s or mmo's with interesting elements in it?

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Rpg-ish mmo's?
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2013, 03:19:10 pm »

I guess you would have to define RPG elements here because grinding gear/stats and building up skill trees by fighting monsters and doing quests/collecting bear asses is, admittedly, the perception of RPG elements by a heavy portion of the MMO community.

majikero

• Bay Watcher
  • Poi~
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2013, 03:24:03 pm »

Join us in our Mabinogi guild. We have a thread here.  :P

Kaizerdux

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2013, 03:25:55 pm »

By rpg elements I mainly mean stat customization and the freedom of being a bit different than the rest of your class.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2013, 03:26:53 pm »

By rpg elements I mainly mean stat customization and the freedom of being a bit different than the rest of your class.

Oh. Well yeah, Maji has it pretty spot-on, then. Definitely check out Mabinogi. I can also recommend SMT: Imagine for lots of customization if you're into that sort of setting.

Kaizerdux

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2013, 03:36:39 pm »

Do you mean this https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shin_Megami_Tensei? Btw was mabinogi this mmorpg for which you could write music and let your character play it in an external program?

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2013, 03:38:28 pm »

I meant http://megaten.marvelous-usa.com and not sure, I haven't played but a fairly small amount of sword-fighter gameplay in Mabi.