Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 47

Author Topic: Adventuring Party, Act 1: A Tale Of Two Hamlets  (Read 36294 times)

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
Re: Ye Be An Adventuring Party, Act 1: A Tale Of Two Hamlets (IC Thread)
« Reply #15 on: May 29, 2013, 08:41:05 pm »

Myrln idly inspects his fingernails.
Oh please cool off. We can't have each other fighting before we set off! I haven't bet yet, and we aren't in the right scene.
He walks over, a grin on his features. Why not, he says, producing two glasses from behind his back, just have a drink and cool off? He pours half of his drink into each glass, then offers them to the offended parties, his facial expression carefully composed.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Ross Vernal

• Bay Watcher
  • Hilarity ensues.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 29, 2013, 08:47:47 pm »

"Ah, there you are!"

Renn gave the man a large grin, then turned to the group as a whole. After coughing slightly and thumping his chest, a gesture they were doubtless familiar with, he began to speak.

"Now, I'm sure you're all wondering why it is you're a party. Or at least, why such a mixed group - a physical Angelborn soldier, a half-Sidhe lordling intellectual, a tough geomancer dwarf, and a charismatic demonborn. Normally, you all would be sent as the leaders of your own parties. However, in your case, the Masters - myself included - have concluded that all of you show serious potential to become Master Adventurers in your own right."

He'd wait a moment for the party to have a moment of pride, and then continue.

"Thing is, ladies, gents, and... whatever... uh."

He blinked, then refocused.

"We feel as though you all could benefit from what your fellow party members have. If you lot can put up with each other and fulfill the Quest, you'll each gain a sponsor for your Mastership and be fully authorized to take on apprentices. Think about it for a moment - the chance to make the world better. The honor and glory. The money and all the things you can buy. And esteem in the eyes of your Gods."

He chuckled.

"As far as who happens to be in charge... well. That's up to you to figure out. We don't care, so long as you are a functional party. If you lot finish the Quest and decide you never want to see each other again, fine. Though, speakin' entirely for myself, I see potential in you. You can be legends. Assumin' ya can, yaknow, not kill each other..."

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 29, 2013, 08:50:00 pm »

Fine. Now can we just decide this now so we don't end up fucking each other over later?

Morgrod turned it's head aside to Myrin.

If you hadn't already noticed, I'm dead. So no drink for me.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 29, 2013, 08:54:45 pm »

Myrln chuckles.
Well, being a hero of song did always appeal to my impulsive side. What quest have you assigned us?
He turns to Morgrod.
Well, that's a pity. He glances at the glass. Well, I needed to wash out my mouth anyhow. With that, he tosses the drink back, gargles, and spits off the dock, gasping, Gah! What did they put in this stuff, arsenic?
Sig! Onol

Ross Vernal

• Bay Watcher
  • Hilarity ensues.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 29, 2013, 09:13:23 pm »

"Excellent question. There's a certain duchy that's been having some serious problems - a city, and two little hamlets. One has been hit with a brutal series of murders and the people are terrified. And on top of that, their livestock is getting slaughtered by a pack of direwolves. We suspect that there's a cabal of druids behind the both. The other town has already gone through that, and... well, they've basically turned into a group of highwaymen. Every time they start trying to recover, someone kidnaps the person behind it and starts burning things down."

He took a breath, having spoken the last part rather quickly.

"And lastly, the Duke himself has requested our aid. Seems that one of his enemies keeps landing spies and saboteurs. He wants you to find out who is behind it and get rid of the lil rat bastards. And he didn't specifically say it himself in the letter, but it was strongly implied that he'll pay a large bonus if you return the favor. I'd also like to point out that none of his neighbors recognize the Guild."

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 29, 2013, 09:18:19 pm »

Excellent. Can we just butcher them all or do we have to take some of them alive?

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 29, 2013, 09:20:49 pm »

I suspect they will want some information, so yes, we should keep a few of them alive.
Sig! Onol

Xero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 29, 2013, 09:24:09 pm »

Blatant disrespect. Zoah looked stoic on the outside, but inwardly he struggled to keep himself from walking over and kicking some boney ass. The angelborns shook his head and instead turned his attention to Renn, listening to what the man had to say.

Sure enough, it was equal parts good and bad. The good is that he could earn himself a place back among Shins Infinite Legion and a high spot in the Floating Fortress. The bad news was that he had to work with this sorry bunch of sods in order to accomplish it. That was fine, he had done plenty with less.

As he continued to listen, Zoah was already formulating different tactics and plans for how he would handle each situation. Only for his thoughts to be interrupted by the necromancer. "Just like a corpse to think only of death. You should remain quiet and let the real warriors talk."

Ross Vernal

• Bay Watcher
  • Hilarity ensues.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 29, 2013, 09:29:37 pm »

Had this been taking place a few weeks ago, Renn would have said something about how the lich and the angelborn served Elder God siblings representing war, and that it would behoove them to act civilly towards another to honor their Gods. However, they were established journeymen, and having a master breathing down their necks to make sure they got along was the best way to ensure they'd have a bitter rivalship.

This was their problem to solve, not his. He almost laughed, but thought better of it and tried to look serious.

"Perhaps you should put it to a vote...?"
« Last Edit: May 29, 2013, 09:31:20 pm by Ross Vernal »

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 29, 2013, 09:35:03 pm »

Morgrod stormed over to the arrogant angelborn.
Don't talk about what you don't understand, maggot! I'm a Spellwight, not a necromancer and even that is secondary to my position as a priest of Mingan!
« Last Edit: December 05, 2013, 12:00:03 am by Gamerlord »

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 29, 2013, 09:39:52 pm »

Myrln raised an eyebrow, looking at the two squabbling warriors with faint bemusement written on his face. It wasn't the practice of Fae lords to care about or raise the children they fathered with mortals, so he'd been deprived of the what he'd been told was unbelievably political upbringing most Sidhe received. In his opinion, he'd come out better for the lack of it.

Not to interject in what is surely a rousing debate, gentlemen, but if you're going to kill each other, do it now and save us drama.
He tilts his head to the side as he considers something.
Actually, no, keep calm for now. We can't break out in a brawl right in front of a Master Adventurer, now can we?
He turns to Renn.
Can we?
Sig! Onol

Ross Vernal

• Bay Watcher
  • Hilarity ensues.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 29, 2013, 09:49:10 pm »

There was exactly one Sidhe lord who cared about his mortal offspring, but given that the Erlking / Lord of Spring was an Unseelie Sidhe, it was probably for the best that Myrln wasn't descended from him. At least, probably not; House Vernal tended to be promiscuous even for faeries and sort of lost track of their mortal offspring.

"I may feel obligated to do something if the fight isn't entertaining enough?" Renn ventured, shrugging. "But it's not my place to tell your party how to handle internal conflicts."

He touched a hand to the carved ivory grip of his magelock, seemingly out of habit, before turning to look at the drama with a skeptical expression on his face.

Xero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 29, 2013, 10:09:28 pm »

"You're still just a rotten corpse to me." Zoah had almost lost himself before looking around and noticing that he was making a fool of himself. Petty squabbling should be beneath a warrior of his caliber. "Now, back to the business at hand. We have a Quest that needs handled. And a leader that needs appointed. I have experience as a warrior and was captain of my own garrison. I have the skills needed to lead, otherwise I cast my lot for Myrln."

Zoah had completely blown off the priest of Mingan at this point.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 29, 2013, 10:17:09 pm »

If it will free you up to squabble some more, I see no reason not to unofficiallh lead. I am more qualified for the job than any of you, after all.
He shrugs.
Can't argue with fact.
Sig! Onol

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 29, 2013, 11:00:13 pm »

This... Angelborn should not lead if he is going to be a bigot towards two team mates... Myrin should be leader, even though he doesn't have hundreds of years of experience in surviving all this bloody world can throw at him and cheating death...
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 47