Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 44 45 [46] 47

Author Topic: Adventuring Party, Act 1: A Tale Of Two Hamlets  (Read 36209 times)

smurfingtonthethird

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Shitposter
    • View Profile
Re: Adventuring Party, Act 1: A Tale Of Two Hamlets
« Reply #675 on: December 03, 2014, 06:06:11 pm »

"Oh god get it off get it off!"

Sylvari attempts to clean as much of the foul substance off with the blunt of his sword as quickly as possible. Should it prove futile, Sylvari would coat his wounds in the pain-numbing substance, before charging back into combat.

[Clean off the stinky sticky shit. If I can't, use it to reduce the amount of pain I feel and go back to slicing shit up.
RIP Moot ;-;7 Sigtext!

Ross Vernal

• Bay Watcher
  • Hilarity ensues.
    • View Profile
« Reply #676 on: December 04, 2014, 10:10:29 pm »

Lelia, Alpha Party

Having nothing better to do, and being unable to see what's going on off the ship with any real reliability, I spend some time following the Captain around and listening to people report to him in order to learn more about my surroundings and what I've gotten myself into.

After a while of almost-politely ignoring his visitor in favor of assorted orders mostly related to technical details about the workings of the coal-burner secondaries and local weather predictions, would finally turn towards her and simply watch with tired, hollow eyes. Presumably, she was with the Adventurers.

Ross Vernal

• Bay Watcher
  • Hilarity ensues.
    • View Profile
« Reply #677 on: December 04, 2014, 10:18:49 pm »

Meanwhile, aboard the airship Alpha was on, the remaining NPC'S milled about. Auron was keeping a healthy and paranoid distance from Morgrod until further information, while Kaz and Violette were among the card players.

The Fire Giant was belowdecks, working in the machine shop next to the engine room, with Otunnort in a shared cabin. Like the pixie and half dragon, William sat in a corner up top, determinedly not looking over the side as he worked some sort of water crafting. 

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #678 on: December 05, 2014, 01:37:13 am »

Lelia, Alpha Party

I take my right hand out from under my cloak and wave.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #679 on: December 05, 2014, 02:52:41 am »

[Morgrod | Alpha Party]

Investigate weapons of ship. Perhaps they can be modified to billow forth a plague onto the ground below that rots away at everything it touches and raises the dead...

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #680 on: December 08, 2014, 05:05:49 pm »

[Lionan, Alpha Party]

Lionan stands near the card players' table, both to see what card game they're playing and to suggest that he would like to join.
Black lives matter.

Ross Vernal

• Bay Watcher
  • Hilarity ensues.
    • View Profile
« Reply #681 on: December 17, 2014, 03:11:35 pm »

[Alpha]

A moment of silence, followed by a nod. Greg stared at her, looking carefully blank (or possibly burned out.)

"You are a quiet one. I didn't notice you until I noticed that I had not once stepped where you are standing. Even though I know you're there, my eyes keep sliding right past you. I don't suppose there's anything you can do about that, is there?"

Before she could even (not) answer, he went on and asked

"And if you can't, I don't suppose people who mean you harm fail to notice you either. Pity, I suspect we'll be attacked. I feel it in my bones."

He continued to regard her quietly, closing one eye at a time and trying to both look past and at her.

Morgrod would find that the Fire Giants mainly relied on what looked like projectile-launchers, loading more or less anything from a handy door on the side, closing it, and either triggering the spell etched on the "cannon" from their own MP or by casting it themselves. After taking note of the particulars of the "focused explosion" spell for future "explosive ghoulshot" hilarity, the undead would nod to the Fire Giant woman who came up to investigate and proceed to try to bonecraft some sort of rot-shot, completely ignoring the suggestions that he would be far more at home in his own den as opposed to, say, by the weaponry, thank you very much, until she sighed, shrugged, and turned to leave.

Lionan would find that they were playing a game that appeared to be like a poker variant - three cards to each player, two face down and one up. After an initial round of betting, the dealer laid three faceup in the center, followed by another round of betting (nobody folded yet, this time.) This repeated until there were five cards on the table, a final bet went around, and the players showed cards. The winner took most of the pot, while the low hand (Violette, in this case) scooped the remainder of coins towards them. After that, a mostly-flat black black stone was passed clockwise, and a player scooped up their coin and left the table.

Unsurprisingly, the players were all low-stake, with pennies making the majority of the coin, although there were flashes of silver shims and a few shillings around.

"You're welcome to join if you've the coin." the dealer told Lionan, indicating the empty seat.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #682 on: December 17, 2014, 05:13:21 pm »

[Lionan, Alpha Party]

Lionan steals the stone and runs indeed sets himself down in the absentee's place.
Black lives matter.

Ross Vernal

• Bay Watcher
  • Hilarity ensues.
    • View Profile
« Reply #683 on: December 17, 2014, 06:01:00 pm »

[Alpha]

The three decks were shuffled, and the dealer began to hand out cards, starting with the person to his left and around.

2 - Five of Clubs
Kaz - Nine of Spades
4 - Eight of Clubs
5 - Ace of Spades
Violette - Four of Clubs
7 - Seven of Diamonds
Lionan - Eight of Spades
[Six of Hearts
Three of Spades]

D -Jack of Diamonds

Three cards, facedown in the center. NPC #2 looked at their cards and put in two pennies, as did everyone else. The dealer flipped the cards over with the edge of another and spread them out, revealing:

Six of Spades
Ace of Spades
Six of Diamonds

As the previous round, the betting continued:

2 - 1p
Kaz - Raise to 1 copper (2p)
(2 - 2p)
4 - 2p
5 - 3p
(Everyone - 3p)
Violette - 3p
7 - 3p

Lionan was next.

Eight of Spades
[Six of Hearts
Three of Spades]
(Six of Spades
Ace of Spades
Six of Diamonds)

Bet: 3p (1 copper, 1 penny)
Pot: 34p (4 shims and 1 copper)

Personal Coin:
2 Ps, 2 Pc in mixed coin (100 gold)

Spoiler: Currency (click to show/hide)

[Maybe we do the mechanics in the OOC thread so we don't have back and forth of raise and fold and such...?]
« Last Edit: December 17, 2014, 06:21:17 pm by Ross Vernal »

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #684 on: December 17, 2014, 07:45:48 pm »

((Lelia's non-notice does actually apply to enemies too, but it is broken if she starts casting or attacking. also, whenever someone does notice her, as long as they keep track of her and don't become distracted or focus on anything else, then she stays noticed. it's noticing her in the first place that is difficult.))

Lelia, Alpha party

[Alpha]"You are a quiet one. I didn't notice you until I noticed that I had not once stepped where you are standing. Even though I know you're there, my eyes keep sliding right past you. I don't suppose there's anything you can do about that, is there?"
Lelia shakes her head side to side twice at this.

"And if you can't, I don't suppose people who mean you harm fail to notice you either. Pity, I suspect we'll be attacked. I feel it in my bones."

He continued to regard her quietly, closing one eye at a time and trying to both look past and at her.

Lelia cocks her head to one side and hums from a low pitch to a high pitch over less than half a second, holding the higher pitch for a very brief instant whilst still watching the captain and watching him watch her.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #685 on: December 18, 2014, 03:50:47 am »

[Morgrod|Alpha Party]

Morgrod laughs off the Fire Giant's silliness when she leaves. This entire ship is Morgrod's 'place' now. And soon the 'captain' would know their place. Soon...

Now how about stuffing a ghoul into the cannon?

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #686 on: December 18, 2014, 10:13:14 am »

[Lionan, Alpha Party]

Lionan bets 3p as well.

((Sure, we could do that.
If only I knew how to play poker.))
Black lives matter.

Ross Vernal

• Bay Watcher
  • Hilarity ensues.
    • View Profile
« Reply #687 on: January 01, 2015, 08:53:36 pm »

[Beta]

Both the Servitor and the bard were taken by surprise, or the closest approximation of such. As Daethwin flailed about in an undoubtedly heroic manner that mostly kept the pointy end of the blade towards the Servitor, it swirled back and attempted to approach again, shifting its form to a vaguely spherical grey-black orb that rushed to engulf his head. Drawn back into his composure, Daethwin slid back on his dominant leg as he smoothly rolled his head to the side, then powered a lunge half in the air straight through the thickest-looking knob on the beast, landing back on the ground without using his hands to catch himself.

Showmanship, even if nobody was watching.

A few practiced movements to clean his garments without rubbing the ash in, and he got back to his feet, looking determined and also having shifted firmly from "flight" into "fight". The weapon was obvious - it was particularly noisy given the acoustics and the chaos of battle. Seconds passed as the bard began to weave his spell.

Below, the Servitor's "head" split open to accommodate Rurail's spear, only a few tendrils of darkness burned by the passage of the weapon. Its attention roused as Rurail withdrew the spear, it swirled briefly before darting forward. This time, however, its charge was impeded by Rurail's thrust, scoring along the "right flank" of the thing - not a serious wound, but an obvious blow from the fading of the creature slightly and the streak of light burning the dust away.

Redirected away from its course, the undead would try to course to the other side, only to take a long but shallow cut down three quarter-lengths of its "body". It would continue past and proceed towards Jewel, who had taken the delay presented as an opportunity to resist the damage. As Jewel rolled his shoulder and thought the prayer that came to him half by intuition and half by memory, the joint would start to burn in a vaguely unpleasant manner, streaking through. Where it passed left the blessed sensation of life. Had anyone been watching the stoneman, they would see his aura shifting and glowing yellow around the blackness, forcing lines through and steadily widening them to crumble the Death damage to nothing.

A warning.

Silence, followed by the almost total absence of sound.

It was nearly impossible to describe what happened next - how often would one simultaneously hear colors and see waves of focused sound? The destructive waves bounced and tore at the walls, shredding the dust from the Servitors. Tendrils lashed and flayed the undead as the combatants below had the waves bounce and merge. Jewel's charge of energy would almost be visible in his aura - it was a brute-force effort to imagine the orbs of energy forming and concentrating in your hand and through the weapon, growing denser and "hotter" as you funneled more of yourself and your purpose into the orbs... A thrust, and a dozen red orbs flew unerringly and accurately towards the least shredded Servitor, blowing holes through it and splattering ash every which way. Crude or not, it worked.

By this time, Thales had taken wing and Sylvari had (mostly) cleansed the substance off, and the desperate advance of the final Servitor was checked by a shiny blur of magical hatred, whipping down a hair's breadth away from being crushed to dust in the Angelborn's grasp. Seeing his opportunity, Sylvari whipped his arm out, grabbed the thing by the scruff as he would an errant puppy, and jerked it back towards Thales's hand.

The two looked at each other, and in that single glance, came to an understanding, one hunter to another. The two pivoted, drew back, and thrust their blades through the struggling Servitor. When the searing heat from Sylvari's flame met the unforgiving white glow of the Holy blade, the two crossed and doubled, rapidly threading through the body of the shaking Servitor. The two twisted their blades and pulled back, and the glowing Servitor flew around the room like a leaking balloon, letting off sparks before crashing on the ground and exploding into thousands of points of light. A warm breeze would buffet the party and swirl the final anti-notes of Daethwin's discord back into the chamber. It was, of course, inevitable that he was positioned to make his hair do the thing.

"So you truly *are* adventurers. Well done."

After climbing back up through the hole and securing it, Blue himself would open up the Blue Vault to reveal a thick, ancient roll inside a silvered case. Upon taking it out, and unrolling the first few inches, there was a definite rumble in the ground as sand and dust fell from overhead. Out of all of the Party, Daethwin and Thales would recognize the artifact immediately. One of the Shaman Seals - Earth, to be exact. Aside from the value of the power inside, deciphering even the first few feet of of it to read the histories and tales of its use would be a scholastic achievement. Thales would know of the Seal as an embodiment of the True History and the remnant of some dread Divine tool of Arnum just from religion and studies; it was his dedication that let him be aware that not even Arnum and the pretenders fully understood what he had wrought from What Was Found. Daethwin would immediately sense the Divine connections Thales willingly blinded himself to, and simultaneously notice and very strictly not notice that there was Something and to immediately push aside the little lunatic voice in his head encouraging him to discover more.

As far as Jewel and Rurail, however? They wouldn't need to know to Know. Body and will of stone. The two would reach out towards the Seal and unroll it further, not just looking at the symbols, scripts, and weaves, but Seeing the subtle flows of earth around and through them, words lifting off the page in such a vivid manner that they could almost feel the texture of the carved and weathered letters and symbols Blue would notice, but not comment. Daethwin would keep not-noticing cheerfully, and Thales would feel a sense of contentment coming from his Divine connection, as well as a faint brush of wind.

"As promised, friends, I offer you my blessings, if you will have them."

This was said with a questioning look at Thales, as though Blue were aware that Thales might not be willing to have someone else's power touch them.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2015, 08:55:27 pm by Ross Vernal »

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #688 on: January 01, 2015, 09:16:29 pm »

Thales spent a long time gazing at the scroll, as if thinking, before shaking as if to clear his head and nodding once.

"...Don't try anything." He said, somewhat shakily.

GrizzlyAdamz

• Bay Watcher
  • Herp de derp
    • View Profile
    • Check this shit out
« Reply #689 on: January 02, 2015, 11:34:34 pm »

Rurail would refocus his eyes, (or rather, unfocus them), and gingerly give Jewel full possession of the scroll.

He'd then turn to glance at Thales, brow visibly furrowed, then cast his eyes over Sylvari & Daethwin as he looked back at Blue.

"I'd be honored Naraldin."

He'd turn his head to look at the others when they spoke up.
Badges of honor
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Check this shit out- (it changes)
Profile->Modify Profile->Look and Layout->Current Theme: Default [Change]->Darkling (it's good for your eyes and looks better)
Pages: 1 ... 44 45 [46] 47