Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 23

Author Topic: 90% of fortress-born dwarves & animals are 1/10th normal size (fixed in LNP)  (Read 125734 times)

anzelm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Fortress-born dwarves & animals are not growing to adult size!
« Reply #285 on: June 14, 2013, 02:30:58 am »

You guys should get some sort of medal from Toady for fixing (aye, this is more than just a workaround) a serious bug. As the cause is known, it should now be trivial for him to fix it in the source.

I'm off to order some pets from the mountainhome.
And they raise their wooden pints
And they yoik and sing
And they fight and dance till the morning!

VerdantSF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: June 14, 2013, 11:24:27 am »

My war grizzlies are doing a lot better now that they're full-sized. Before, a single knife strike could incapacitate or kill them,  but now they fight on and actually get some good chomps in.  They're still quite vulnerable to arrows and bolts, though  I'm thinking of creating a special squad with all the war animals of my fortress attached.  They can hang back a bit so that my shield legendaries can take the brunt of the missile fire, then charge in.

UberFuber

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: June 14, 2013, 01:10:53 pm »

Dwarf Fortress Players.
Obscured bug discovered?
Reverse engineered and fixed in two weeks.
Damn, you guys are fast!

Dante

• Bay Watcher
  • Dante likes cats for their corrupt intentions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: June 15, 2013, 01:01:47 am »

Aha. Interestingly enough, I already tend to make all my fortress-born dwarves axe wielders as a sign of status, and give hammers to the filthy migrant militia. Lucky I haven't been doing things the other way round.

malimbar04

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: June 15, 2013, 05:21:34 pm »

Aha. Interestingly enough, I already tend to make all my fortress-born dwarves axe wielders as a sign of status, and give hammers to the filthy migrant militia. Lucky I haven't been doing things the other way round.

yup. BTW I woudl think size still matters for axes and such, just less so. weak sad dwarven baby-adults are still a lot easier to kill than burely giant dwarven-adults.
No! No! I will not massacre my children. Instead, I'll make them corpulent on crappy mass-produced quarry bush biscuits and questionably grown mushroom alcohol, and then send them into the military when they turn 12...

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: June 16, 2013, 10:26:42 pm »

There's an interesting discussion in this thread (http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=109319.0) where people see effects of this bug, from about a year ago. However, they decide that it is just because they are not fully grown.
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

krenshala

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: June 17, 2013, 12:30:39 am »

There's an interesting discussion in this thread (http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=109319.0) where people see effects of this bug, from about a year ago. However, they decide that it is just because they are not fully grown.
Well, in a way their conclusion is the correct one.  They weren't fully grown, just not for the reasons we thought at the time.
Quote from: Haspen
Quote from: phoenixuk
Zepave Dawnhogs the Butterfly of Vales the Marsh Titan ... was taken out by a single novice axedwarf and his pet war kitten. Long Live Domas Etasastesh Adilloram, slayer of the snow butterfly!
Doesn't quite have the ring of heroics to it...
Mother: "...and after the evil snow butterfly was defeated, Domas and his kitten lived happily ever after!"
Kids: "Yaaaay!"

taptap

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: June 28, 2013, 03:23:44 pm »

THIS explains so much, it isn't even funny.

Pressure plate problems. Bad injuries in fortress born dwarves. War animals. Non working airlocks and logic circuits. ...

So either lock down your long term fortress completely or wait for the alpha version. Or is there by any chance a fix for the Mac version?

fricy

• Bay Watcher
  • [DFHACK:ZEALOT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: June 28, 2013, 06:58:38 pm »

THIS explains so much, it isn't even funny.
Pressure plate problems. Bad injuries in fortress born dwarves. War animals. Non working airlocks and logic circuits. ...
So either lock down your long term fortress completely or wait for the alpha version. Or is there by any chance a fix for the Mac version?

If you can get DFhack r3 to run on mac (i think you can do it with wine or some other form of emulation) a fix is possible. Otherwise you are stuck with microdwarves.

nightwhips

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: June 28, 2013, 10:21:35 pm »

Can this be stickied? And perhaps the title changed again? It seems pretty important.
: Miner dwarves? In my volcano?

:I put childs into danger room...
They die, and their parents care nothing because legendary dining room.

VerdantSF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: June 28, 2013, 10:42:45 pm »

Can this be stickied? And perhaps the title changed again? It seems pretty important.

What would you suggest as a new title? 

mavj96

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: July 06, 2013, 03:40:07 am »

In the new title I'd be sure to address that this effects all forts and typical makes dwarves about 1/10th of the size they should be; as well as all other creatures born in the fort. I think this is worthy of a hotfix.

Snaake

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: July 06, 2013, 04:07:24 am »

In the new title I'd be sure to address that this effects all forts and typical makes dwarves about 1/10th of the size they should be; as well as all other creatures born in the fort. I think this is worthy of a hotfix.

It affects all forts, but not all fortress-born dwarves or animals. "Just" 90% of them.

PDF urist master

• Bay Watcher
  • Born from cold iron
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: July 06, 2013, 06:47:34 am »

after butchering around 20 cave croc hatchling to save space, i realized that i had 400 cave crocodile meat and an around 500 bones. cave croc hatchling are around 70 cm3 when they're born and that when i killed them. the amount of meat they dropped is what an adult should drop.

other than that, there doesn't seem to be any problems.

certainly better than before
« Last Edit: July 06, 2013, 07:28:05 am by PDF urist master »
We are not evil by choice, but evil by necessity.

mavj96

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: July 06, 2013, 12:50:35 pm »

It affects all forts, but not all fortress-born dwarves or animals. "Just" 90% of them.

Well yes but you can't exactly put all of that in a title.
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 23