Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23

Author Topic: 90% of fortress-born dwarves & animals are 1/10th normal size (fixed in LNP)  (Read 125446 times)

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
Re: 90% of fortress-born dwarves & animals are 1/10th normal size (fixed in LNP)
« Reply #315 on: December 12, 2013, 08:17:38 pm »

Well, I downloaded and installed... but now I have trouble getting rid of the graphic pack it uses as default^^

(posted here too: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=124613.105 )

Any advice?

One of the tabs on the LNP launcher is called Graphics. It is in between Options and Utilities.

There's quite a long list of graphics packs, but one of them should be called something along the lines of 'ASCII Default'. This should be the standard ascii graphics that Dwarf Fortress uses.

Syndic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: 90% of fortress-born dwarves & animals are 1/10th normal size (fixed in LNP)
« Reply #316 on: December 12, 2013, 08:39:54 pm »

The problem was that I thought the "old" in the .exe name meant I shouldn't use that, so I used the .jar file... the .exe gives me the ascii graphics, so that should be fine now^^

NonconsensualSurgery

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Fortress-born dwarves & animals are not growing to adult size!
« Reply #317 on: December 14, 2013, 11:10:30 pm »

ajg1j12 - Looks like PeridexisErrant's latest version of the Lazy Newb Pack already has Kurik's script installed.

If you want to apply it to an existing installation, rather than switching over your saves, follow these steps:

Spoiler: Step by Step Guide (click to show/hide)

You! THANK YOU.

It should be noted that for windows, you want to save as type: all files. Otherwise you wind up with growthbug.rb.txt.
Never had a bat massacre people with an axe before.
EDIT2: Oh god, the bat has got a title now.

laularukyrumo

• Bay Watcher
  • Needs More Socks
    • View Profile
« Reply #318 on: December 19, 2013, 08:06:11 pm »

Bumping this up because I'm having a weirdass problem with Kurik's script.

Turned on fix/growthbug.rb and....

onupdate cb String can't be coerced into Fixnum
./hack/ruby/ruby.rb:42:in `+'
./hack/ruby/ruby.rb:42:in `check_run'
./hack/ruby/ruby.rb:100:in `onupdate'
./hack/ruby/ruby.rb:99:in `each'
./hack/ruby/ruby.rb:99:in `onupdate'
(eval):42

etc etc etc..... Literally it repeats hundreds of times. Not even exaggerating. What did I do wrong?
Quote from: Dwarfotaur
Everytime one of my militia has given birth in the Danger Room, it's lead to instant baby smoothies for everyone.

Gotta Catch 'Em All!

Dat Sig Thread

shali8

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I am using the linked version of LNP from the OP,

How do I change the icon that represents dwarves back to its vanilla
I personally prefer the smilies to the golems.

I was going to post this under the Peridexis Errant thread but I couldn't find it.
(I was probably just derping with the search function)

thank you
If the majority is insane, the sane must will go to the hospital - Horace Mann Urist McDoctordwarf

The neurotic builds castles in the sky. The psychotic lives in them. The psychiatrist collects the rent - Anonymous

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile

I am using the linked version of LNP from the OP,

How do I change the icon that represents dwarves back to its vanilla
I personally prefer the smilies to the golems.

I was going to post this under the Peridexis Errant thread but I couldn't find it.
(I was probably just derping with the search function)

thank you

Thread is here: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=126076

One of the tabs in the LNP launcher should let you change the graphics.

shali8

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

thanks

P.S. I have already tried messing with the graphics tab I couldn't find a way to switch it,

unless there is something obvious im missing idk

EDIT: after 30 seconds someone responded and told me how to fix it lol
« Last Edit: January 14, 2014, 05:06:38 pm by shali8 »
If the majority is insane, the sane must will go to the hospital - Horace Mann Urist McDoctordwarf

The neurotic builds castles in the sky. The psychotic lives in them. The psychiatrist collects the rent - Anonymous

Walkaboutout

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

(EDIT: Nevermind. I'm a retard and fixed the error that was preventing the DFHack plugin from working for me. Like literally 30 seconds after posting. Sorry).

Man, I hope Toady gets this goofy bug squished in his bug-fixing list. My native dorfs want to be effective with hammers so badly (and will be now that I installed DFHack and am running the plugin). Anyways...sorry for the apparently retarded bump, and thanks to all in this thread who came up with the current work-around fix.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2014, 11:54:28 am by Walkaboutout »

joeclark77

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

So... does DFHack do this automatically or do I  need to configure it to do so?  I don't use the LNP, just installed DFhack manually.

fricy

• Bay Watcher
  • [DFHACK:ZEALOT]
    • View Profile

So... does DFHack do this automatically or do I  need to configure it to do so?  I don't use the LNP, just installed DFhack manually.

You need to get the growtbug.rb script, save it to hack/script/fix and add this to the dfhack.init:
fix/growthbug enable

Edit: Step by step instructions
« Last Edit: June 13, 2014, 12:21:09 pm by fricy »

Cobbler89

• Bay Watcher
  • Cobbler cancels celebrate Caesar: mending soles
    • View Profile

At whatever point someone uses updated dfhack or something to confirm or deny the presence of this bug in the new version, can they... I dunno, either organize a party at one of these forum threads (besides the dfhack thread itself, where it will be buried sooner or later under other dfhack stuff) so we all know we won't need to install that script anymore, or if they're feeling lazy just PM me?

It is terrifying.
Quote from: Mr S
You've struck embedded links. Praise the data miners!
Quote from: Strong Bad
The magma is seeping under the door.

Quote from: offspring
Quote from: Cobbler89
I have an idea. Let's play a game where you win by being as quiet as possible.
I get it, it's one of those games where losing is fun!
I spend most of your dimension's time outside of your dimension. I can't guarantee followup or followthrough on any comments, ideas, or plans.

Toady One

• The Great
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bay12games.com

I haven't changed any old bugs deliberately for the big release, but this one is on the menu when I start that after the bad new bug fixes.

edit: actually, the binary patch bugs like these might slip in sooner when they are as actually as easy as they appear on the surface.

edit: okay, should be in for 0.40.02.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2014, 02:40:28 pm by Toady One »
The Toad, a Natural Resource:  Preserve yours today!

krenshala

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Yay! My dwarf child labor children will grow up now!
Quote from: Haspen
Quote from: phoenixuk
Zepave Dawnhogs the Butterfly of Vales the Marsh Titan ... was taken out by a single novice axedwarf and his pet war kitten. Long Live Domas Etasastesh Adilloram, slayer of the snow butterfly!
Doesn't quite have the ring of heroics to it...
Mother: "...and after the evil snow butterfly was defeated, Domas and his kitten lived happily ever after!"
Kids: "Yaaaay!"

Cobbler89

• Bay Watcher
  • Cobbler cancels celebrate Caesar: mending soles
    • View Profile

Cobbler89 has organized a party at the (masterfully crafted) bug-hunt thread.

Thanks, Toady!!
Quote from: Mr S
You've struck embedded links. Praise the data miners!
Quote from: Strong Bad
The magma is seeping under the door.

Quote from: offspring
Quote from: Cobbler89
I have an idea. Let's play a game where you win by being as quiet as possible.
I get it, it's one of those games where losing is fun!
I spend most of your dimension's time outside of your dimension. I can't guarantee followup or followthrough on any comments, ideas, or plans.

CaptainArchmage

• Bay Watcher
  • Profile Pic has Changed! Sorry for the Delay.
    • View Profile

I haven't changed any old bugs deliberately for the big release, but this one is on the menu when I start that after the bad new bug fixes.

edit: actually, the binary patch bugs like these might slip in sooner when they are as actually as easy as they appear on the surface.

edit: okay, should be in for 0.40.02.

Thanks Toady! Now there’s just the immigrant bug where their numbers drop when the units list gets too big.
Given current events, I've altered my profile pic and I'm sorry it took so long to fix. If you find the old one on any of my accounts elsewhere on the internet, let me know by message (along with the specific site) and I'll fix. Can't link the revised avatar for some reason.
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23