• View Profile
Curses
« on: August 22, 2006, 06:21:00 pm »

I have no luck.

First time with my latest fort, death by frogmen

On the reclaimation, pwnt by a mad mad axedwarf

This reclaimation... They got trampled to death by unicorns

Why does it hate me so?

Well, I'm going into the breach once more, I need a suggestion of supplies. We have massive amounts of food within the fort, I'm thinking ale, since it keeps them happy.

HY DO THE DOGS KEEP EXPLODING?

Quiller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Curses
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2006, 06:31:00 pm »

4 dogs (train to wardogs) to be extra-sure of at least one breeding pair.

Liquor, as you say.

Skill points for whatever jobs you want to get running quickly.

Maybe some extra axes for a quick replenishment of wood supply.

I imagine you may get extra immigrants very quickly with room already carved out and plenty of food.

Oboro

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2006, 07:18:00 pm »

I'd get extra picks before I get extra axes, because at least in my experience I tend to hit silver first and you can forge silver battle axes but not silver picks. Plus there's the fact one or two lumherjacks can keep up with demand pretty much straight through to your first migration.

Sheep

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2006, 07:25:00 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by Oboro:
<STRONG>I'd get extra picks before I get extra axes, because at least in my experience I tend to hit silver first and you can forge silver battle axes but not silver picks. Plus there's the fact one or two lumherjacks can keep up with demand pretty much straight through to your first migration.</STRONG>

Don't forget, picks are actually better weapons than axes.

Oboro

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2006, 07:33:00 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by Sheep:
<STRONG>

Don't forget, picks are actually better weapons than axes.</STRONG>

What? I thought you couldn't use them as weapons, since there's no option to fight with them in the Soldiering/Hunting equipment menu.

PNB

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2006, 07:41:00 pm »

Updates On Wave 4 of the Fortress: Reclaimation 3:

We Brought in 300 barrels of the finest dwarven ale. Verily, the carnage was immense as we trod through the battlefield where our comrades had fallen. Our engineer went to the underground river where the wet beasts came from and installed the 14 battle axes of our fallen as a massive 1 space trap. (I imagine anything walking in by that section is chunked into bits by 14 battle axes at once. The entire corrider section. 1 space that is, just transforms into a whirling wheel of extreme death. The Carnage if it happens will be immense I hope.) Right behind that we installed a dual crossbow trap to take care of any survivors, using the same one space with multiple parts idea as before. Then our miner began to dig out more storage space, as the ale was put outside in the biggest food storage ever. its mid summer as I write this message, we are doing fine, no problems as we have extensive ale supplies to drown any woes in, and food galore.

(Ahem, for clarifactions, the only things my guys brought with them was the ale, the rest just lying around with the corpses of the fallen from the unicorn trampling. Thoughts on the 14 axe barrage unit?)

LordNagash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2006, 07:59:00 pm »

I've had a couple of traps with multiple weapons like that.

My favourite had 3 copper spiky balls and a couple of crossbows.

PNB

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 22, 2006, 08:09:00 pm »

So does it crunch up the enemies like FRIED CHICKEN?