Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: New Tileset - PREVIEW SCREENSHOT - Come have a look  (Read 2691 times)

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile
Re: New Tileset - PREVIEW SCREENSHOT - Come have a look
« Reply #16 on: June 08, 2013, 03:57:39 pm »

Yep, dead demons are definitely "&", and dead orcs are definitely "O"

:)

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #17 on: June 10, 2013, 03:18:17 am »

Yep. I finished it by now. Will make a fitting set of raws next. And the patched .exe. ^^

Dead demons have a nice demon now, and dead orcs can use the orc tile. I also made the gnome, for gnome buildings, or possible gnome prisoners and labor cells, if you ever want to make any.

I did a lot of fancy transparency tricks, mostly for the plants.

I'll probably make a realase, as a test-module for masterwork, and one for vanilla + decorational buildings in a few days, if time permits.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Tierre

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 11, 2013, 02:46:28 am »

I didn't know where to post this about MW tileset, so i will post here.
I can't post a picture (i am not registered at any pic-hosting sites and don't really want to) so i will just try to describe it. In my new fort with MW tileset and MW3h i see a shrub which is almost white (it's prickle berry and near it a tile of silt stone pebbles which looks like the same gray tile only one shade darker (i know it's different tiles but they really look alike). Also normal shrubs of blade weed (yellow)and bloated tuber (green) look very alike to anothere tile of silk stone pebbles - which is exactly the same tile this time just with gray background instead of green and black dots instead of green or yellow. Maybe i just need a lot of getting used to it, but in Ironhand all bushes were obvious at least. I think prickle berry tile should be changed and maybe something done to other shrubs as well. And hide root looks more like a dead tree than a shrub.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #19 on: September 11, 2013, 04:52:42 am »

Tierre, try imgur.com, its free, no account needed. I can help more when I see it. And hide root should look like.. well,a root. ;)
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Tierre

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 11, 2013, 01:47:26 pm »

1 is bush and 2 are pebbles - look alike:( Also 3 and 4 are bushes and 5 are the same pebbles - same tile and i thought at start that this was a dead bush. Also 6 is a hide root who looks like a tree:)

Varyag

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 11, 2013, 01:53:03 pm »

I'm not sure i see the problem, they all look just fine, the bushes do look a bit like a field of flowers but otherwise the tile represent the object in question quite well. The hide root in particular is a 16x masterwork rendition of a root.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #22 on: September 11, 2013, 02:09:29 pm »

I specifically tried to go for a "flowers" look, that way the bushes dont intrude so much on the overview, the pebbles actually look like pebbles, and snow looks a lot more interesting. I figured that flowers as a "brush" would be excuseable, since players can still clearly see the difference between a patch of flowers (collectable plant) and a patch of grass (non-collectable grass).

Do you mean the two grey fields right next to each other with 1&2? Because in that case it would be a problem, and I could recolor one.

Tierre

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 12, 2013, 12:02:34 pm »

Yes the two fields above 1 and 2 are bush and pebbles - i wasn't accurate in my description. They look very alike. That's because prickle berries are white i believe. For berries the bush from left-left-up of the big X is better IMO - it looks like a bush. And the tile of 3 and 4 is better suited for flowers than berries. Of course that's just my opinion. I used Ironhand all the time i played DF - and that's 3 years. And so i may be a little bit unaccepting to other tilesets;) But i will try to get used to it as MW is now specifically made with this tileset - all the changes will be firstly made for it. At least it will have less errors as the most used and developed.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #24 on: September 12, 2013, 12:08:28 pm »

Its not that I dont try, but its very easy to overlook bugs when you have 4 sets of raws. 6 If I count the two ascii sets, and the current+backup set of the default tileset.

The main problem is that ironhand/phoebus doesnt support some workshops like the illumination (brazier, fireplace, candelabra) so I had to make my own set. Half of it is phoebus/obsidian soul, the other half self-made.

But yeah, grey flower/grass tile is not good... I'll see if I can find and fix the culprit.

Stronghammer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 08, 2013, 09:41:51 pm »

Just posting to say im trying version 4a and absolutely love it. The obsidian soul tileset is truly making it for me and the cold forging copper and the ore processor is great too. Have to say Meph this mod has truly grown and matured into something truly memorable. It really helps to flesh out dwarf fortress and allows the game to truely realise its full potential (of course the work of Toady makes everything possible and all praise to him). But ya thanks again for a great mod.

Cheers
Pages: 1 [2]