Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Idea for Adventure mode Tutorial Video  (Read 508 times)

Anjovi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Idea for Adventure mode Tutorial Video
« on: May 30, 2013, 05:27:26 pm »

Hey folks! was just thinking about this and thought that it might help make the game more accessible.

What I'm thinking of is you have a brief video that explains all of the basic functions that allows you to explore. You merely go over the controls in the 'key binding' menu and have a quick snippet afterwords were someone commentates on it while showing it in action.

I find that even the menu screens are pretty simple and could easily be described as well in this format.

There's not really much to it but I find the tutorials aren't really as effective as they can be. The way I learned was basically watching a couple lets plays and using the wiki as reference as I did my own thing but I think a video done well could easily do the same thing in a lot shorter time frame.

I'm thinking you could sum up the whole thing in about 10 minutes (at least enough to get out there and do some kick ass adventuring) leaving you to learn the rest through trial and error.

any thoughts on this? or if someone has already done such a thing that'd be cool!

I just think that the adventure mode as is could use it's own tutorial because I could see alot of people starting DF on that mode.