Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]

Author Topic: (IC) Earth Defense Mecha Forces / Chapter One: Three Dear Koreans (Turn 3)  (Read 5061 times)

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
Re: (IC) Earth Defense Mecha Forces / Chapter One: Three Dear Koreans (Turn 3)
« Reply #60 on: December 08, 2013, 07:21:53 am »

((I think it might be better to leave that Unit where it is. It's in range of the Tower's EMP attack, which is, a guaranteed certain hit instant kill against these units.

You would need at least one critical to destroy it.))

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: December 08, 2013, 07:37:37 am »

((I think it might be better to leave that Unit where it is. It's in range of the Tower's EMP attack, which is, a guaranteed certain hit instant kill against these units.

Good point.
Move to 12.20(2)
Lancelot P4(2)
P4 is now in melee
Slice and dice Excalibur(9-3=6)

Fire Merlin at any survivors of Icraus's attacks(2-6 ap)
otherwise wait
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: December 08, 2013, 10:21:19 am »

"Aw, damn it! I won't miss a second time, Koreans!"

Fire EAB-Cannon at P4 unload Paris Missiles at C2, and then follow up with a punch at C2!

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
Re: (IC) Earth Defense Mecha Forces / Chapter One: Three Dear Koreans (Turn 1)
« Reply #63 on: December 08, 2013, 10:58:00 am »

((Okay, yeah, that was an excuse. Big thing is that I'm still not quite sure how the game mechanics work. Working on it, though!))

Background Music. If DPRK ever published Mecha Animes or Tokusatsu productions, this must be the Title song. Better than any Capitalist K-pop where the "singers" are only lip-synching.
((If Chrome's translator--and my intuition, for which my total experience with Japanese is the occasional untranslated anime theme song, and my total experience with Korean is "it's somewhat more like Japanese than any other language"--is correct, that's actually Japanese. But yeah, that probably would be cool.))

((Sounds like a plan!))

((...Dammit, I've forgotten my pilot's and leader's text colors. One sec.))
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: December 08, 2013, 11:03:32 am »

"We've got the bastards around us. Wanda? Start shutting down vulnerable systems."
"Shutdown initiated."
"Hinode? Prepare the EMP."
"認め"
"Wanda?"
"Gimme five seconds...alright. Hit it, Sunrise."
"その私を呼んで停止します。電磁パルス...準備。活性化。"

Electromagnetic Pulse, activate!
Shoot any enemies remaining active with the 6CESC, then retreat to (15,17).
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

evilcherry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: (IC) Earth Defense Mecha Forces / Chapter One: Three Dear Koreans (Turn 1)
« Reply #65 on: December 09, 2013, 02:31:45 am »

((Okay, yeah, that was an excuse. Big thing is that I'm still not quite sure how the game mechanics work. Working on it, though!))

Background Music. If DPRK ever published Mecha Animes or Tokusatsu productions, this must be the Title song. Better than any Capitalist K-pop where the "singers" are only lip-synching.
((If Chrome's translator--and my intuition, for which my total experience with Japanese is the occasional untranslated anime theme song, and my total experience with Korean is "it's somewhat more like Japanese than any other language"--is correct, that's actually Japanese. But yeah, that probably would be cool.))

((Sounds like a plan!))

((...Dammit, I've forgotten my pilot's and leader's text colors. One sec.))

((The uploader of the video is Japanese, but the song is definitely North Korean Pop. Talking about, of course, launching an attack, which follows the attack methods of who hails from the Paektu/Changbai Mountain, of the Jong-il Peak. Yes, they talk about their leaders even in pop songs.

p.s. For someone who's native language is Chinese and some very basic command of Japanese (but can only read and pronounce Hangul) your Japanese Google translations are atrocious.

Besides, Kana and Hangul are very, very different animals. Hangul is an alphabet, with the shapes actually representing the consonants and vowels, and rammed into a "block" or "character" which is a initial-vowel-final combination. Japanese Kana is a syllabary, in which for sounds sharing the same initial or vowel there is not morphological relation between Kana.

I'm told its always easier to learn Korean than Japanese simply because you don't need to remember Kanji. At least for those who are Kanji-handicapped.))
« Last Edit: December 09, 2013, 03:57:15 am by evilcherry »

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: December 09, 2013, 09:48:46 am »

((Alright.

For the record, the basis of my judgement was that Chrome offered to translate the page from Japanese and that the music "sounded" Japanese.__
Sig

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: December 17, 2013, 09:45:37 pm »

kerpoke
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

evilcherry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: December 18, 2013, 10:06:13 am »

((Been a bit busy. Trying to arrange some time, that is))
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]