Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8

Author Topic: Diplomacy and You: Autumn 1915  (Read 12289 times)

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Diplomacy and You: Spring 1915
« Reply #75 on: June 07, 2013, 11:34:06 pm »

Well then the conservatives need to step up and invade Poland!
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
Autumn 1915
« Reply #76 on: June 09, 2013, 10:01:05 am »

Alright, we're missing . Let's have all his units hold, I don't want to delay this game longer.

Autumn 1915
Spoiler: Turns (click to show/hide)

Notable Events:
Americans Invade Hispanola: US Military forces have occupied the island of Hispanola. Perhaps the same warlike fervor which ignited the European powers' leaders earlier this year have made it across the Pond?
Austrian Advance: The Austrian Armed Forces are marching down the Mediterranean. Since late July, they have conquered Albania, Serbia, and neighboring regions.
Battle of the Belgium: A prolonged battle in Belgium occurred mid-August, between a French army from the south, an English force landed on the northern coast, and the Belgian forces trapped in the middle. Belgium has managed to remain free, although it took 5,000 military casualties and an estimated 12,000 dead by enemy fire or other factors relating to the invasion. The English took 4,000 casualties, and the French 3,000. Notably, the English transport HMT Royal Edward was sunk by an unknown craft, believed to be either a Belgian submarine or a German U-Boat; nearly a quarter of all English casualties were from this incident. When questioned, it was noted that neither side's leadership "trusted" the other with Belgium.
Bulgarian-Serbian Tensions Rise: Even though both have been conquered by nearby powers, Serbs and Bulgarians have some sort of tension between them, as is clear from an October 11th event when a Bulgarian militia invaded Serbia. Turkey disavowed responsibility, and the Austrian army quickly put down the militia.
Czeck Revolution: Starting in November, a number of Czechoslovakians began to demand independence. Russian leadership was not available for comment.
Earthquake in Nevada: A 7.9 Richter scale earthquake struck Pleasant Valley, NV, in the US. This is an unusually powerful earthquake, and caused devastation to the region.
Greece Increased Military Spending: "Project Sparta," as the government is calling it, is an effort to bolster Greek defenses by spending large amounts of money on defense. When questioned about this, Greek officials noted the disturbing rise in nations being conquered.
Isozno River Nervous: Italians in the Isozno River region noted distress at the presence of troops so near their homes and are protesting their presence. "It's not like we're at war with Austria-Hungary!" one man is noted as saying. "Greece, Belgium, and the Scandanavian region are the only free nations in Europe, not counting the seven titans, and we intend to remain on the list."
Iberian Campaign Concludes: Oporto's capture in late September marked the end of the Iberian Campaign in France, which had total casualties on the order of 11,000.
Japanese-Chinese Relations Break Down: A conference in Seoul between the two Japanese nations lead to a disintegration of relations between the two, allegedly when the Chinese representative threw rice at the Korean mediator. The outcome of this is uncertain.
Missing Sultan: Sultan Ahmed has gone missing, confirmed as of mid-August. Assassination is suspected.
Old Holland pushes for Naval Law: The former nation of Holland, recently added to German territory, has demanded that a law relating to naval accidents be passed. Perhaps in response, on August 19th, Germany placed rationing laws on the Dutch.
Over a Million Model T's: Ford Motor Company announced its millionth Model T ever produced in early October.
Raggedy Ann: A new handmade doll is hitting the markets. Market analysts suggest that its fame will not last past Christmas, if it lasts that long.
Rumanian War Ends: The Rumanian War, a conflict lasting on and off since May or so, ended in October, with an unexpected Austrian retreat. The final casualties were estimated at 4,600 Austrian, 3,100 Russian, and nearly 15,000 Rumanian.
Russian General Dead: The old Russian general died, under mysterious circumstances. Nicolaas II, a rising officer and political wannabe, has been appointed as the leader of the Russian armed forces.
Tunisian War: Italian fleets landed on the coast of Tunisia in mid-November and swiftly captured its capital city. Tunisia is the first foreign acquisition by Italy in recent years.

Casualtiometer: 6,000+48,500

Spoiler: Map: (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Player List (click to show/hide)

Now, time for winter. That's when units come from. Most nations can build a single unit on one of their supply centers, but France can make two, and poor England has no builds. I can't remember if you can build in any supply center or just "home" supply centers--could someone remind me?
Winter is just building, no moving and certainly no moving the same unit twice, kj.

P.S. I think I've decided on a timeframe to use in future turns:
Spring: Feb-Jun
Autumn: Jul-Nov
Winter: Dec&Jan
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Grek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Diplomacy and You: Autumn 1915
« Reply #77 on: June 09, 2013, 10:41:25 am »

You can only build in unoccupied home supply centers which you control. Also, I'm pretty sure that France only gets Portugal, not Spain - you can only claim supply centers in autumn.

In an unexpected development, the German war machine has halted completely. What could possibly have inspired this decision on the part of President Jager? Is this some manner of diplomatic concession to England? Perhaps, but perhaps not. In either case the obsession the English High Command has with Belgium has cost England much needed military supplies - Where they could have taken their pick of Scandanavian nations, PM Orwell insisted upon Belgium and has cost his nation dearly.

Regardless of the causes of the standdown, with the lack of German aggression in Warsaw and the assassination of the late Ottoman Sultan, it seems that the tide is turning in favour of Russia. The startling victory in Rumania has all but assured that a new regiment will be raised for the defense of the Prussian front. And yet suspicious eyes turn south, to Austria.

What is the purpose of the Austrian forces in Galicia? Do they intend to march on the Germans in their perceived moment of weakness? On Warsaw, hoping to claim a tasty and undefended prize? Or on Rumania, to claim all the Baltic nations for the Red and Green? Further, there remains the question of Greece. With Project Sparta moving ahead of schedule and an army in Venice waiting for Austria's moment of weakness, can the Hapsburgs afford to leave Trieste undefended for much longer?

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: June 09, 2013, 11:49:10 am »

That wasn't my turn.

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: June 09, 2013, 01:20:42 pm »

What? I'm pretty sure I sent you my turn GWG...

EDIT: Yeah, I just checked my sent message box. My turn is sitting right there already sent to you three days ago.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2013, 01:22:45 pm by Bdthemag »
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Your drunk posts continue to baffle me.
Welcome to Reality.

kingfisher1112

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: June 09, 2013, 01:25:58 pm »

Wait, I get no new armies?
Shit.
I honestly thought this was going to be about veterinarians.
Ermey: 26/4/13

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: June 09, 2013, 06:49:53 pm »

Hold up, this turn just means we can build fleets/armies wherever we have supply centers, correct?
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Grek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: June 09, 2013, 07:29:30 pm »

According to the standard rules, you can only build in your starting SCs. But maybe GWG is doing it different.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: June 09, 2013, 07:46:03 pm »

You can only build in unoccupied home supply centers which you control. Also, I'm pretty sure that France only gets Portugal, not Spain - you can only claim supply centers in autumn.
Really? Huh. I did not know those tidbits. Especially not the "only capture in autumn" one.
Dangit. Well, this explains some of those strategy guide things that didn't make sense...

That wasn't my turn.
It looks like the one in my inbox...

What? I'm pretty sure I sent you my turn GWG...

EDIT: Yeah, I just checked my sent message box. My turn is sitting right there already sent to you three days ago.
Criminitely, I must have accidentally deleted it somehow.

According to the standard rules, you can only build in your starting SCs. But maybe GWG is doing it different.
Not on purpose, no.

-----

Alright, so complaints are:
1. Turn screwups
2. Rule screwups

Should I rerun Autumn?
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: June 09, 2013, 07:57:58 pm »

Yeah, please.
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Welcome to Reality.

Kaferian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: June 09, 2013, 08:14:00 pm »

I don't care, it won't affect me.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: June 09, 2013, 08:15:47 pm »

Yes, for the sake of everyone's whose turn got messed up.
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

griffinpup

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: June 09, 2013, 08:28:51 pm »

No, because I'm bitter and want everyone that got into this game to suffer for their speed at signing up and uncaring indifference to my petty feelings.

Just kidding of course.
(mumblemumblestupidplayersmumblehatemumbledeathmumblekillmumblenukemumblemumble
« Last Edit: June 09, 2013, 10:05:40 pm by griffinpup »

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: June 09, 2013, 10:02:13 pm »

Well that just made me go back on my word on accident. So go ahead with the next turn.

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: June 09, 2013, 10:10:10 pm »

Well that just made me go back on my word on accident. So go ahead with the next turn.
Sure, "accident."
Welcome to Reality.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8