Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 44

Author Topic: The Lone Isle RPG : Concluded.  (Read 29503 times)

sjm9876

• Bay Watcher
  • Did not so much Fall as Saunter Vaguely Downwards
    • View Profile
The Lone Isle RPG : Concluded.
« on: May 31, 2013, 09:09:37 am »

The lone isle. The land in the void. Viewed from outside, there is at first nothing. Then come closer, and the near transparent streams of water flowing from its rim into the immeasurable depths become visible, the land itself seemingly ripped from the surface of some greater world. As you come closer still three distinct landmasses emerge out of the fog, surrounding within them a gargantuan spring, from which fresh waters spring eternal.
 Some say this spring was formed by the spirit Water as its gift to the world, as Earth gave rock, Air wind, and Fire motion. Others say the spirits simply came upon the land at a later time. Regardless, it was they who truly made the isle what it is today. For they made the peoples of the lands. From Earth were born the dwarves, hardy and practical. Men arrived from Air, infinitely resourceful. Orcs were kindled from Fire, warlike and honourable. And from Water sprung forth the Mira, peaceful and graceful beyond compare.
 But even more was to come. Bitter rivalries sprang up between the traditional and practical Earth and the innovative and creative Air, and between the aggressive Fire and the peaceful Water. And new life sprang up between those who were not opposed. Between Earth and Water came the trolls. Peaceful shepherds at peace, their stamina and regeneration made them powerful foes once roused. Elves came from between Water and Air, gifted in the arts of all kinds, and possessing a unique attunement with nature. From Air and Fire came the Drow, a race of thieves and assassins, with the violence of the orcs but without their morales. And from Fire and Earth came the Ogres, physically powerful and aggressive, but sparse and isolated from their innate savagery.
 And now, now the gods seem to rest, but for indulging the wishes of some of their more pious followers. The magic of the world now lies focused in runes, a language some say was written by the gods themselves. The land abounds nonetheless with peoples of all professions and kinds, from mages who seek only to discover more of the tongueless language, to mercenaries seeking gold and glory.

A light drizzle comes in off the sea to swathe the square of the city of mists. A rainbow frames the view as you look out to the great spring, water gushing into the air high enough to dwarf even the marble facade of the grand palace. They say here that a rainbow on the first heralds good fortune in the coming month. you certainly hope so you think, as you edge through the crowds to the inns door. The job board could wait until it had quietened down a bit.
 You take one of the few free seats left at the bar, around a table with a group of others, seemingly in the same position as you. A moment later, the barman, a giant of a man, with scars to match, looms out of the haze of smoke to take your order.

Spoiler:  The system (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Magic (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Abilities (click to show/hide)
Spoiler:  Character (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Races (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Known Factions (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Known Places (click to show/hide)

This probably isn't going to start properly for a week, due to exams, but this is here for apps and questions at the moment, as well as a bit of RP if i get apps.

Spoiler: In (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: August 29, 2013, 04:36:33 am by sjm9876 »
My dreams are not unlike yours - they long for the safety, and break like a glass chandelier.
But there's laughter and oh there is love, just past the edge of our fears.
And there's chaos when push comes to shove, but it's music to my ears.

Sigtext

sjm9876

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: the lone isle RPG
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2013, 09:10:08 am »

(Reserved)
My dreams are not unlike yours - they long for the safety, and break like a glass chandelier.

Sigtext

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
Re: The Lone Isle RPG
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2013, 09:39:01 am »

May add to it, but it should be a valid app.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Martini, please
« Last Edit: May 31, 2013, 11:39:21 am by scapheap »
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2013, 09:43:52 am »

NAME: Ryxa Hunneld
RACE: Drow
CLASS: Myrmidon/In the culture of the Drowish, a Myrmidon is a term for 'loyal follower'-a man at arms who serves proudly. It's more particularly a signifier of one who is extraordinarily skilled in sword fighting. They carry no shield, and wear only light armor. Their choice of weapon is similar to the Katana, designed for flowing and slashing strokes, and elaborate parries-rather than crude jabs and shunts. A Myrmidon moves with lightning speed and reflexes, and enjoys martial combat against single foes in particular-all the better to best them. They are, mostly, young and reckless foolhards who live hard, die quickly and leave a room full of corpses as they go. Only the best among them survive very long at all, and those that do become legends-said to be capable of impossible feats, like cutting arrows in flight from the very air. Their swords, too, become famous-they are not throwaway weapons, and have names of their own. Some are even said to gain a measure of thought, and are able to speak back to their owners...but, Myrmidons live as much by tall tales, as they do by their skills...

In any case...they will spend their entire lives, devoted to the training of the blade-always waiting for a worthy challenger.

(+1F, +1E)

BACKGROUND: Ryxa was claimed by bad luck from a young age-her parents, long into debt, sold her to slavers to cover their gambling markers. She would spend her teenage years as a dancer, entertaining various low lifes. But she was not content, not at all. No one was suspected she would actually use the dexterity that had been gifted to her for anything other than pleasuring the patrons...but in truth, she had begun training to use a sword. How to cut a man limb from limb, to dodge, to parry, to kill.

Ryxa's first demonstration of bladework was part of her 'routine'. How they marveled, at the young woman who would do such dangerous stunts for their amusement. So beautful, and so deadly. Every day, she grew stronger and more skilled-her dances would become more elaborate.

In time, she got what she wanted-the very Slaver Cartel master himself came to witness her, for his own no doubt diabolical reasons. Perhaps he had already suspected a greater use for her swords...but when she leapt off the stage and removed his head in a single stroke, he thought nothing ever more. Ryxa cut her way through a dozen men and earned her freedom that night, charging into the streets with her thin dancers dress covered in gore. Those who hunted her met similar fates to those that tried to stop her. When she began cutting down more local slavers in retaliation, they hurriedly offered her a peace deal, which was accepted. Though...now and again an ambitious captain will still attempt to capture or kill her to earn respect in their organization for taking down the one who embarrassed them so badly.

She became a wanderer after that, eventually finding and earning admission into the 101st-which from then on, Ryxa considered her true family. If a bit of a contentious one. Up this point, her life is further defined by them.

Faction: The 101 Blades/An informal group of sorts, composed of a variety of bladed weaponmasters and their hopefuls from all races and walks of life. They are most like a Dueling Club, constantly competing to determine ranking-there are almost always only 101 (barring the occasional deaths), and the only way to join is best the person above you, or force them to submit to you. It is a den of constantly shifting intrigues and power plays, nobles and mercenaries and commoners competing for nothing more than the title of 'The Best of the Best'. The 101 blades has ironically, at times in their own history, dueled against competing clubs of similar natures to determine whose stronger of they. At this time, they are in a bloody feud with the Hungering Tigers, which complicates the dueling nature of the order-often, members are forced to band together to fight them, only to have to fight each other later that day..

Still, for such a contentious group, there are strong friendships that balance out the bitter rivalries. Even husbands and wives occupy the 101st ranks together. There is a certain honesty in knowing that one day you might have to kill the man or woman who sits beside you...but until that day, they are your greatest ally. Many of them are like Ryxa, wanderers with no sense of direction. But the 101 is home to anyone who can prove they belong there, barring any racial or societal creed-a surety that is not often granted in this world.

The Rules/One cannot refuse an offer to duel from a fellow member. The only rules are as such.

1. One day can elapse from the challenge to the duel itself.
2. The Challenger sets the 'rules' of the duel, the one being challenged sets the time and place.
3. If either side does not meet at the place and time, they are considered to forfeit.
4. You may only challenge something within 10 ranks your greater. You may challenge anyone lesser than you.
5. Losing a duel, if not your life, will reduce you in rank to the one who defeated you, if they were lower. If they are higher, you will be moved to the least position, and everyone will move forward a single rank. Losing a match at the lowest rank, and you are removed from the order-forever.
6. A person may only be challenged once a week, at which points their position is secured and they may freely decline additional duels,until five days have passed.
7. There are no restrictions to the duel itself, aside from the stipulations of the challenger-which are really considered only 'suggestions'. Anything goes. Including, but not limited to poison, ambush, or bringing an army alongside you.

Ryxa is currently 67th place in the 101, having triumphed over twenty three competitors to date.

ATTR: see ‘the system.’ you have 4 points to distribute as you see fit.
Please use the format:
total (assigned + race + class)
+3F, +1A
+1F, +1A
+2F, +2A, -2 W, -2E
-------------------
=+6F, +4A, -2W, -2E

Ryxa orders Rock Scorpion Ale-a native Drow beverage, designed not to lull one into a sleepy drunkeness but keep them hyper alert and in a state of readiness. Not unlike being stung by a scorpion would, in away. It's quite unhealthy, in the long term.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2013, 11:01:32 am by Dwarmin »
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2013, 09:47:46 am »

Name:  Kyle Johnson
Race:  Man
Class:  Thief- He steals money for fun and profit also stupid people don't deserve money. +2  to air.
Back story:  Kyle wanted to make a honest living on doing odd jobs... and stealing from people. Really not much more to ad to that statement.
Attributes:  2 earth + 2 water + 1 fire + 2 air + 2 air= (2 earth, 2 water, 1 fire) assigned (2 air) racial (2 air) class

Drink order is whatever this universes equivalent of whiskey is.

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2013, 10:17:54 am »

Name:Rylash, just Rylash he has no kin name anymore.
Race:Drow
Class:Chaos Dancer-A design of his own choice, a gambler and warrior with no learned style.  His ultimate goal is to learn chaos magic as the gods and runes fit too much of a set style for his taste.  (+A +F)
Background:  As a child, Rylash was small and weak compared to the other children.  He quickly became an outcast of sorts as he could not keep up with the other drow and so he resorted to gambling with himself, making bets that he could or couldn't do something, flipping coins for when to fight or run and rolling dice to determine his days activities.  The other drow rapidly became weary of his chaotic nature, he never showed up for any training or work, would steal from someone one day and shower them in gifts the next all of which were stolen from other drow.  However with maturity came a sense that his childhood games with himself were just that, childhood games;  So what sort of game could one play as an adult?  His answer came in the form of freelance work, the uncertainty of proper jobs, the chaotic nature of combat and being able to wander where one wants.  Setting off in the dead of night, he wandered forth into the open world with no set goals in mind and less money to his name.  Perhaps fortune would favor him with glory and gold, or maybe he would die a nobody in some ditch, the thrill of it would be all the life's fulfillment Rylash would ever want.
attributes:
EARTH 0 (2,-2, 0)
AIR 4 (1, 2, 1)
FIRE 4 (1, 2, 1)
WATER -2 (0, -2, 0)

"Hey barkeep, give me the houses popular brew please and thanks."  Rylash looks around to see if there is any card games or dice ongoing, and whether it looks too serious to take a player with almost no money.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2013, 01:58:10 pm by kilakan »
Nom nom nom

sjm9876

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2013, 10:24:00 am »

All good Scapheap,

kj, it's 4 assigned points, not 5. All good otherwise.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2013, 11:38:28 am by sjm9876 »

Sigtext

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 31, 2013, 10:39:35 am »

All good Scapheap,

kj, it's 4 assigned points, not 5. All good otherwise.
I get an extra point from being a man.

sjm9876

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 31, 2013, 10:40:40 am »

Ah sorry. My bad there. All good then.

Sigtext

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 31, 2013, 11:01:13 am »

Posted
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

sjm9876

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 31, 2013, 11:15:17 am »

Dwarmin, excellent. Although the end tally puts 1A from class wheras the in-class one puts 1E. i assume you meant air as that better fits the description.

kilakan, good, just a drink order :P

Sigtext

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 31, 2013, 11:39:52 am »

Went and added to my app.
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

RangerCado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 31, 2013, 12:56:17 pm »

reserve!!!! (just in time!)
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Ask for water, if none is given, order nothing.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2013, 01:41:05 pm by RangerCado »
The best ship is the one where one of them is literally allergic to the other~
Quote from: NakaTeleeli
"A room ain't messy less you can't find nothin!"
[/quote]

sjm9876

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 31, 2013, 01:45:50 pm »

All clear ranger. I may start writing the start up now, as I'm sure kilakan can manage without a drink.

((Due to my lack of artistic abilities i'm going to give each rune a code to reference it rather than a picture.
And inventories, known runes, etc..... will be PM'es, to share/withold as you wish.))
« Last Edit: May 31, 2013, 01:58:36 pm by sjm9876 »

Sigtext

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 31, 2013, 01:58:41 pm »

Edited in, completely missed that part hehe
Nom nom nom
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 44