Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 44

Author Topic: The Lone Isle RPG : Concluded.  (Read 29587 times)

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
Re: The Lone Isle RPG
« Reply #555 on: August 17, 2013, 09:24:55 am »

Kyle pulls the lever.

sjm9876

• Bay Watcher
  • Did not so much Fall as Saunter Vaguely Downwards
    • View Profile
« Reply #556 on: August 17, 2013, 09:32:46 am »

As you pull the lever, the wall slides to the side, revealing a large room. It is roughly circular, and plain apart from an empty depression in the centre, which looks as though it was intended to hold some kind of liquid. Five sets of robes lie on the ground, all crumpled in piles as though their occupants just disappeared. By one of the robes lies a single chalice, also empty.
 You entered from the east, and to the north a familiar passageway leads off, lit by a single torch on the corner. To the south is also a passage, leading into what appear to be some kind of store rooms from the crates dotted along the corridor.
My dreams are not unlike yours - they long for the safety, and break like a glass chandelier.
But there's laughter and oh there is love, just past the edge of our fears.
And there's chaos when push comes to shove, but it's music to my ears.

Sigtext

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #557 on: August 17, 2013, 09:33:57 am »

Kyle goes over to the crates and starts opening them.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #558 on: August 17, 2013, 09:34:43 am »

Krom helps.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

sjm9876

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #559 on: August 17, 2013, 09:51:57 am »

The crates appear to contain foods of various kinds. the first holds potatoes, the second cabbages, and the third is mostly empty apart from a few freshly killed rabbits in the bottom. At this point, you enter a larger room, filled with at least a score more crates. There is a door set in the west wall, beside where you entered, and another in the north wall.
((Side note: just noticed we’ve hit 13k words 0_0. Successfully passed any writing efforts I’ve made by making the story myself, combined.
 Second side note: Did anyone take the axe?))
My dreams are not unlike yours - they long for the safety, and break like a glass chandelier.

Sigtext

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #560 on: August 17, 2013, 09:55:43 am »

Kyle continues opening crates.
((Not that I know of.))

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #561 on: August 17, 2013, 09:58:45 am »

Second side note: Did anyone take the axe?))
Krom feels a strange desire to raise his hand, then opens some more crates.
((I took it back when I grabbed the tapestry. I'm perfectly willing to give it to someone if they, you know, ask.))
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #562 on: August 17, 2013, 12:41:14 pm »

Action: Explore the North Door
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

sjm9876

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #563 on: August 17, 2013, 01:03:31 pm »

All you find in the crates you can reach is more food, most packed and preserved carefully. there are more crates, but they would require some shifting to reach.
 Through the north door is a single, large rectangular room. The roof is high and vaulted, and supported by two huge natural pillars emerging from the carved floor. They are positioned in opposite corners, more or less, and between them stretches a large area of farmland. On it grows a large amount of stalk-like fungus, and on that graze a small number of six legged reptiles. Ryxa recognises both species from the caverns of her upbringing - the fungus is called ‘ivress d’l’elghinyrr’ by the Drow, and is notorious for growing on corpses. The reptiles are a form of salamander, often used as a form of subterranean cow. These ones seem strange however, having odd growths and strange limbs. one even has a stinger on the end of it’s tail.

Sigtext

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #564 on: August 17, 2013, 01:08:17 pm »

((Salamanders aren't reptiles!))

"Oh my."
Sig

sjm9876

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #565 on: August 17, 2013, 01:09:09 pm »

(( they are in this world ;) ))

Sigtext

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #566 on: August 18, 2013, 05:35:45 am »

Ryxa explains...

"I think we should leave this place alone. They're just livestock, though whatever they've been feeding them has changed them, probably for the worse. And those mushrooms you see, usually grow on corpses-perhaps they dump bodies here for disposal...

The question is, why is so much food stored? Are they quartering an army in here?"

Ryxa's smooth hand rubbed her chin. There was no time for mysteries.

Action: Best check the western door now
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

sjm9876

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #567 on: August 18, 2013, 07:31:24 am »

(( Note for further reference: Biology in this world differs from ours, and is further complicated by magic etc.... therefore, when I refer to reptiles etc... I refer only to outward appearance. EG. a dragon would be 'reptilian' despite being warm blooded. ))

The west door opens onto a short passageway, round a corner, and then opens from the north of the bottom tier of a large two floored room. The upper section is joined to the lower by a ramp to the east. opposite you, on it’s southern edge, is another door. the western edge is covered with rubble, the remains of fallen pillars. The upper section is dotted with various crates and barrels, and can only be exited via the ramp down or one of two arches at either end of the eastern wall.
 A number of black robed figures are clustered around the pile of rubble, slowly moving pieces of masonry into a more organised pile in the centre of the tier. Above, more figures lounge on the crates, laughing and drinking. None appear to have noticed you.

Sigtext

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #568 on: August 18, 2013, 07:38:31 am »

"Tapestry, are those people friendly or hostile?" Roll, unroll, and read tapestry.
Sig

sjm9876

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #569 on: August 18, 2013, 07:47:24 am »

A single word appears on the cloth.
 HOSTILE.

Sigtext
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 44