Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44

Author Topic: The Lone Isle RPG : Concluded.  (Read 29505 times)

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
Re: The Lone Isle RPG : Always accepting waitlisters!
« Reply #615 on: August 26, 2013, 06:31:03 am »

((For posterity))

Ryxa lies some ways away in final solitude, her body kneeling, head hanging down. The amount of bright blue blood pooled beneath her is evidence enough of her fate, as are the bright streamers of gore painting her dress.

One dead hand is still defiantly on her blade hilt, while the other hangs limply to the ground, splayed fingers gripping the sand. Apparently her last act was to sheath Mru’shkane.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #616 on: August 26, 2013, 06:33:22 am »

((WHOO! GO RUNES!))

"I don't know sir. She could well be dead. I'm kind of surprised I'm not dead, to be honest."
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #617 on: August 26, 2013, 06:35:26 am »

Kyle moves over to Ryxa's corpse and tries putting it on top of him.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #618 on: August 26, 2013, 06:41:38 am »

Krom carefully stands up, seeing if his semi-broken leg can take weight.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

sjm9876

• Bay Watcher
  • Did not so much Fall as Saunter Vaguely Downwards
    • View Profile
« Reply #619 on: August 26, 2013, 06:48:10 am »

’Damn the gods. Damn them.’
 The dwarf approaches the giant corpse before him, and places his hand on it. he closes his eyes for a second, and suddenly his hand pushes through the hide. The dragon begins to fade, turning to translucent black smoke. This condenses into a number of denser black spheres, which begin to drift upwards as the surroundings shift. Space seems to wrap around itself, before squeezing together. The walls draw closer, and the ground buckles up. Archways grow from the boundaries, and gradually you come to recognise the room you were in previously. The corpse of Ryxa is clearly visible now, on the tier above you, and Kyle moves to her, and lifts her onto his back.
 ‘So death has claimed her. She was a strong one, I could feel it. And that blade - it must be buried with her. Some weapons are meant for only one wielder. But…. there is one hope, first.’
 He moves up the ramp, and takes the body from Kyle, gently. The crystalline sheath hangs between his outstretched arms, and he walks slowly, although not from the weight. His warhammer lies forgotten on the floor where he appeared. He passes beneath one of the archways, and following him through, you emerge into a large chamber. Krom's leg causes him to lag a moment, but not severely. In the centre is an altar, silver liquid in a depression in it’s centre. Here he places the body, and the fluid rises to wrap around it, in some sort of shimmering cocoon.
 ‘Now we wait. It is up to her if she will return.’

My dreams are not unlike yours - they long for the safety, and break like a glass chandelier.
But there's laughter and oh there is love, just past the edge of our fears.
And there's chaos when push comes to shove, but it's music to my ears.

Sigtext

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #620 on: August 26, 2013, 06:49:36 am »

Kyle's vines shiver in anticipation.

sjm9876

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #621 on: August 28, 2013, 07:45:23 am »

A heavy sigh echoes throughout the air as the cocoon breaks to reveal lifeless eyes. Kyle’s vines droop to his sides. The king takes up the corpse, and begins to walk back out of the dungeon. The way is littered with a number of corpses, their heads scalpless like the others you killed. One in particular is of interest, an ogre with a tag around his neck, reading Darkling. The king merely glances at the corpse as he passes by.
 The ship still waits outside. By now the sun has long risen, and light shines down into the canyon from above. It bounces off the water, glaring into your eyes as Ryxa’s bearer lays her body down on the bow.
 ‘Homeward bound, sailor.’
My dreams are not unlike yours - they long for the safety, and break like a glass chandelier.

Sigtext

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #622 on: August 28, 2013, 07:57:57 am »

((Huh, hope I didn't have have to post anything there lol))
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

sjm9876

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #623 on: August 28, 2013, 07:58:44 am »

(( Depends. If you want back in you can. If you don't then you're under no obligation ))

Sigtext

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #624 on: August 28, 2013, 08:02:21 am »

((Well, I stopped watching the thread because I was DEAD and I wasn't playing anymore. Was I supposed to do something there? Woz expecting a PM at some point.))

sjm9876

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #625 on: August 28, 2013, 08:07:10 am »

(( Ah, sorry. As I say, this is mainly because I'm not sure the game's worth continuing with just 2 players. Being dead is quite a good reason to stop watching though :P ))

Sigtext

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #626 on: August 28, 2013, 11:24:20 am »

((anyway, I'm not sure what to do since the last post said I'm permadead))

sjm9876

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #627 on: August 28, 2013, 11:26:09 am »

(( Just to clarify - do you want back in? If so, I'll figure something out :P ))

Sigtext

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #628 on: August 28, 2013, 11:56:52 am »

((Well, yes-you asked me if I wanted to be plot magicked back to life and I said yup yup and you were all like it's not gonna be easy and I was like amright I'll look away from the thread and then you were like welcome back but I'm not going to tell you and now you're dead for real two days later and I was like lolwhat can I get in now and you were like, do you want back in and I said well, yes-you asked me if I wanted to be...))

sjm9876

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #629 on: August 28, 2013, 02:09:26 pm »

(( Yeah, I think I managed to confuse myself there a tad. Again, apologies. You'll be back next update, probably tomorrow. ))

Sigtext
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44