Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 44

Author Topic: The Lone Isle RPG : Concluded.  (Read 29853 times)

sjm9876

• Bay Watcher
  • Did not so much Fall as Saunter Vaguely Downwards
    • View Profile
Re: The Lone Isle RPG
« Reply #90 on: June 04, 2013, 12:51:06 pm »

‘Glorious.’
 He stares for a second.
‘Well then, I’ll be following our friend there. See you down at the docks.’
 The dwarf heads into his backroom for a moment, emerging with an oversized backpack, with numerous other bags on his person. Without another word he turns and strides out of the door.

((Unless there's anything else to be done all that's left is for everyone to meet up at the docks.))
My dreams are not unlike yours - they long for the safety, and break like a glass chandelier.
But there's laughter and oh there is love, just past the edge of our fears.
And there's chaos when push comes to shove, but it's music to my ears.

Sigtext

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: June 04, 2013, 01:14:47 pm »

"LAST ONE TO THE BOAT PAYS MY NEXT BAR TAB!"
And with that Kyle runs to the boat.

sjm9876

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: June 05, 2013, 08:07:13 am »

As the last of you arrive, Stoneflow walks out on deck.
 ‘This the lot? Good, good.’
 He turns, and shouts vaguely down the stairs to the cabins, down which Ironwrit just passed.
A moment later an echoing shout rings back, and an elderly dwarf waddles onto the deck. Seemingly oblivious to your presence, he walks directly to the metal circle set in the floor, and pulls a long stick of chalk from inside his robes. He then bends down to the plate, and begins to draw. First a long sweeping line, followed by two diagonal crosspieces. Between them, a cross.
 As he finishes the rune
(B3*) he steps back, and narrowing his eyes, the plate starts to glow. in seconds a roaring fire bursts into being, and a whistling emerges from the cylinder mounted above it. Soon steam begins to emerge from the rearward spout, first slowly, then at an ever increasing rate, and you can hear cogs creaking below decks as the ship lurches out of harbour.
 ‘Anyway, welcome to the Windsmith. Plenty of spare cabins down below, if it’s not locked feel free to claim it or to remind the occupant to do so. Apart from that, you’re free to do pretty much as you wish, long as you don’t get in the way and come when called. Though we should be good for the first week or so of the trip. Not many pirates in the deep sea we’re sailing.’

((*Note: from now on this is how I’ll signify any runes you can clearly see. You’ll probably want to keep a list of ones you have seen and their suspected meanings, as this’ll let you learn many more than otherwise.))
((Please submit an action to do over the week (or smaller interval), even if it does equate to nothing.))
My dreams are not unlike yours - they long for the safety, and break like a glass chandelier.

Sigtext

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: June 05, 2013, 08:21:16 am »

Kyle claims a cabin as far below deck as possible. During the trip he tries to help out around the ship if possible otherwise he sits in his room going through fighting techniques with his dagger.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: June 05, 2013, 08:45:59 am »

‘Anyway, welcome to the Windsmith. Plenty of spare cabins down below, if it’s not locked feel free to claim it or to remind the occupant to do so. Apart from that, you’re free to do pretty much as you wish, long as you don’t get in the way and come when called. Though we should be good for the first week or so of the trip. Not many pirates in the deep sea we’re sailing.’

"As much I wouldn't want to tempt fate, there was worse things in the deeps than mere pirates." Ryxa says, heading below deck.

She claimed a room close to the deck-first to action, if it came for that.

But first, to check for stowaways-harmless, maybe, but an ungovernable vector she needed to be assured of.

Ryxa would spend most of her time the next week dueling and training swordplay-the Sailors were a rowdy lot, undisciplined, but with an abundance of energy and plenty of time to kill. She found giving them a bit of instruction to be enjoyable-hopefully they would fare better in their next skirmish. She expected many of them would be more than eager for something to test their skills on, soon enough...perhaps some of her less skilled members of her team could benefit, as well.

Other times, she would spend in meditation, or reading some of the books the captain kept. She was particularly curious about the Ocean Dragon, a massive sea beast said to swallow ships whole-along with their entire crews...one could hope they would be sleeping in their trenches, when her ship passed over.

Action: Claim any room closest to the stairwell that leads to the deck. Do a thorough check for stowaways the pass the time.

Otherwise, spend time teaching any of my teammates and the crew who are good with swords some basic drills, preparing them for any trouble that may arise.

[During the trip he tries to help out around the ship if possible otherwise he sits in his room going through fighting techniques with his dagger.

Ryxa knocks on Kyles door politely.

*clap, clap, clap*
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

RangerCado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: June 05, 2013, 09:20:58 am »

Train with Ryxa and the sailors. Claim a cabin away from anyone else.
The best ship is the one where one of them is literally allergic to the other~
Quote from: NakaTeleeli
"A room ain't messy less you can't find nothin!"
[/quote]

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: June 05, 2013, 09:25:20 am »

Kyle opens the door.
"Hello. While I normally wouldn't complain about a pretty woman knocking on my door, I can't help but to think you want something."
Kyle opens the door wider and steps aside.
"In any case feel free to come in."
And then Kyle goes back to practicing with his dagger.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: June 05, 2013, 09:45:00 am »

Kyle opens the door.
"Hello. While I normally wouldn't complain about a pretty woman knocking on my door, I can't help but to think you want something."
Kyle opens the door wider and steps aside.
"In any case feel free to come in."
And then Kyle goes back to practicing with his dagger.

"It's not want I want, it's what you need.

If we're going to be fighting together, I'll need to know your fighting style.Yes, I know you would usually prefer to strike from the shadows...but why not learn some actual dueling skills? Not all the masters of the 101 blades use swords. We have masters of the dagger, the axe, the spear, the battle fan...

I could help you learn, if you were willing. Some basic parries and deflection...

I even know a style of fighting that would suit you-A short rapier and a parrying dagger in combination-that uses agility instead of raw power. You could stab to your hearts content, and still be quite deadly in a straight fight. Rylash would probably call it 'stacking the deck'...am I catching your attention?"
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: June 05, 2013, 09:52:38 am »

"Well you had my attention at battle fan, but you caught my interest at rapier."
Kyle slams his dagger into a nearby wall and then faces Ryxa.
"I think I'd like to take a stab at it. Hehe, 'stab at it'. Who knows maybe if we have time I can show you the knife game, normally I wouldn't suggest it's but I think from what I've heard from you, you wouldn't mind trying it."

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: June 05, 2013, 10:01:08 am »

"Blade games usually end with someone losing a hand, don't they?" She says, leaning back against the small desk in the room.

She seems to be in a playful mood.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: June 05, 2013, 10:20:37 am »

Kyle pulls his dagger out of the wall and walks over to the desk.
"Only if your bad at it. Watch this."
Kyle puts his hand with fingers spread out on the desk and stabs the dagger down underneath his thumb. He pulls the knife up and stabs the area above his thumb while beginning to sing and stab around his fingers in the pattern that is used by the knife game.
"Oh, I have all my fingers, the knife goes chop, chop, chop, and if I miss the spaces in between my fingers will come off..."
And so on because I don't want to type the entire song.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: June 05, 2013, 11:07:31 am »

Ryxa lean forward, watching impassively as he completed the motion.

"Impressive. I remember such games when I was young...though, it was usually other men holding the blade, usually drunk, and them using my own hand.

Shall we play a game then, you and I?

Let's wager our lives. If so much as a single drop of my blood falls on the desk, I will answer any question you wish of me, anything you are interested in.

If we both complete a set, we can both ask a question of the other, before continuing on to another round.

Would you agree to these terms? It's a lovely way to get acquainted."

Her eyes, dancing with a pale blue fire.

IpunchFaces

• Bay Watcher
  • "Incessant cackling surrounds you"
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: June 05, 2013, 11:18:10 am »

Good day everyone, I'm applying for the waitlist.

Spoiler: Fode Spurthollow (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: June 10, 2013, 11:45:22 am by IpunchFaces »

sjm9876

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: June 05, 2013, 11:26:29 am »

((Waitlisted.))

Sigtext

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: June 05, 2013, 11:39:23 am »

Claim a cabin near to the deck(or on the deck, but I beleave that one would be the captain)

Clair hears Ryxa talking and hang outside, waiting for the repressed whimper of pain.
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 44