Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42 ... 44

Author Topic: The Lone Isle RPG : Concluded.  (Read 29341 times)

sjm9876

• Bay Watcher
  • Did not so much Fall as Saunter Vaguely Downwards
    • View Profile
Re: The Lone Isle RPG
« Reply #585 on: August 18, 2013, 02:19:22 pm »

‘Of course you have never heard of Vaydesh, mortal. My name travels in circles far higher than yours. Circles that would not attempt to enchant a rock. This is my realm, and I know all that occurs here. But perhaps I do not play fairly? I will spy on you no more, for the sake of the game. I doubt three mortals could beat a demon, regardless.
 The hundred are my children. All unique, all special. All marked with the red tattoo. You slew the Eye and the Portal. This angers me. And angering me is not a good idea.
 The rules of this game? You kill me, or I kill you. Rather one sided, I know, but that’s the risk when you help demons fight demons. But enough exposition. I’ll let you have the first move.’
 The dragon gives a predatory grin and roars.
My dreams are not unlike yours - they long for the safety, and break like a glass chandelier.
But there's laughter and oh there is love, just past the edge of our fears.
And there's chaos when push comes to shove, but it's music to my ears.

Sigtext

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #586 on: August 18, 2013, 03:16:56 pm »

Ryxa had never balked before, and she didn't now. Fate had lead her on a strange, winding path, Ryxa thought.

Did it all end today, in the belly of this gloating Demon Dragon?

For a moment she allowed herself to reminisce, preparing her soul for whatever came next.

She remembered the feel of a brass collar around her neck-a thin, glittering chain. She could have torn it off with her bare hands, it was so flimsy. But then they would beat her, and they would put on another. Eventually, as the years began to wear on her, the chain became heavier and heavier, though it was never any stronger. Ryxa thought in time those rough brass links would become a ring of impenetrable steel, and she would lose all hope. A slave learning to obey.

She remembered the spray of hot copper blood on her face-as she freed herself, the first cut in a life of cuts. The first parry, the desperate steel stopped by her own-the counterstrike, taking another life. She had hesitated, as if not sure what she wanted. But then they cut her, and it was life, death, dancing. A world outside she had never seen. Fresh food. Simple kindness of strangers. She thought she would never get used to the fresh air-never get the smell of smoking pipes from her skin. A slave learning to become a free woman.

She remembers the training. Honing a rough and canny street skill into a work of art. Footwork. Stance. Parry. Cut. Follow through. Keep moving. Mind your terrain. A thousand thousand corrections and a hundred well earned compliments. Her master presenting her blade, a tear in his eye. It was the only time he had showed any emotion-and afterwards, he had gone to his death against (ironically) a Dragon. For he had trained her as best he could, and would never have another apprentice with as much potential as she. A woman, learning to become a warrior.

She then spoke and thought no more-she drew her blade. And charged. She had no hope but to distract it from her teammates as long as possible-and perhaps look for an opening to strike...

Action: Charge the Dragon! Try to EVADE it's initial attacks and wear it down! Look for any weak points I might be able to strike...
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #587 on: August 18, 2013, 04:52:03 pm »

"Oh my."

Finish some more copies of the runes.

"You know, rocks aren't so bad."

Throw the runed rock at the demon, aiming for what looks like a vital point.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #588 on: August 19, 2013, 09:27:00 pm »

Kyle flames on.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #589 on: August 20, 2013, 04:31:08 am »

((One day bump!

No really, I feel this is going to be an update to DIE for. Maybe just me. :P I'm extremely interested in seeing how this plays out.))
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

sjm9876

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #590 on: August 20, 2013, 05:36:21 am »

An ant dashes out from under the eaves of crimson stone, a pin clutched firmly in hand. (8+4v4+2) It dives to the side as a single, horse sized, claw threatens to crush it, and scrambles onto it’s feet (3+4v7+2) only for a stream of fire to engulf it.
 (5-2)(3+3)(8+3)(7+3) A speck of light passes across our vision, and draws our gaze. An ember, dripping blood in it’s trail. And where it hits, an eye. It burns in, and the flow of flames halts. The arena shakes as the dragon roars, half blinded. Then it’s remaining orb settles upon the entrance, on two more ants. It puffs smoke as one of the figures erupts into fiery armour, beginning to charge. And then, with yet another earth shaking bellow, it begins to stretch it’s wings.
 The figure on the sand, Ryxa, is pushed down to the ground again by the gust. Miraculously, the flames have left her unharmed. But the sheath on her side glows red, fading slowly back to black. The dragon's foot rests beside her, as it believes her dead.

(( Well, that first exchange went much better than expected. Good call on one of the runes GWG. Won't say which, just that it was also the one you got the best roll on :P
@ dwarmin, this'll take a number of updates, I'm thinking.))
My dreams are not unlike yours - they long for the safety, and break like a glass chandelier.

Sigtext

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #591 on: August 20, 2013, 06:30:16 am »

((Yep. It probably will.))

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #592 on: August 20, 2013, 06:46:50 am »

Was it T1(C8,T2(C5))?

Run for cover. Get another stone. Prick my finger again. Scribe T1(A7,C8), C8, T1(C8,(T2(C5)), T1(A7,C5), T2(C7), and A8 on the rock once each before throwing it again.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2013, 07:12:03 am by GreatWyrmGold »
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #593 on: August 20, 2013, 06:55:09 am »

The ant does not dare move. It is very still. It knows the merest twitch of a potential life, a still living and breathing foe, will bring that scaled foot upon it in absent obliteration-snuffing out her life as a minor annoyance.

She remembers the flames, erupting from a gargantuan maw that was formed into an arch of gloating triumph-encircling her and enveloping her, the flames were like the arms of a hungry lover, demanding satisfaction-but, the expected embrace of heat and the ensuing blackness did not materialize. She momentarily thought it had merely singed her flesh and senses dead, but left her yet alive. But then she fell down, and the hard grit of the sand against her face had told her she yet remained unharmed due to the strange protective power of her blade.

Ryxa hears and feels a shriek of pain roll through the arena, and knows her group has scored a telling blow. Her distraction has provided a potent first strike...but the battle is not over.

The Ant moves quickly now, it's purpose known.

Ryxa does not intend to survive this battle. Her every move is designed to infuriate and stall the creature. To give her friends time to fashion a plan to slay the beast. The explosive rocks seem to be doing well, and she is sure the Dragon is preparing now to counter and destroy this threat to it's well being.

But, she will keep it at bay as long as she can-until slain or injured so much she can no longer move. In this way, will she die with her honor satisfied.

Action: Clamber up onto the Dragons foot and up the side of it's body-try to get on it's back, and behind it's neck where the flames and claws can't reach, and I won't get blown up with rune rocks. Generally climb toward it's face, attempting to be annoying as possible.

sjm9876

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Lone Isle RPG : Always accepting waitlisters!
« Reply #594 on: August 21, 2013, 02:17:47 am »

(( note on waitlisting: It doesn't neccesarily mean you will die. It is just likely that someone will die this fight :P ))

Sigtext

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #595 on: August 21, 2013, 02:21:40 am »

((As a swordswoman against a giant Dragon, I feel the odds are against me :P ))

sjm9876

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #596 on: August 21, 2013, 12:37:07 pm »

The ants crouch low as another wave of wind buffets them. One stays down a moment longer, standing with a pebble in it’s grasp. Another, by the beast’s foot, staggers forward as it sees it begin to lift off the ground. The last, flames extinguished, concentrates, trying to reignite.
 Then the beast begins to rise towards us. It’s wings beat the air rhythmically, currents stirring up the sand and obscuring the vision of those below. One of the ants escapes this. She clings to the handle of her sword, the ribbons of it’s hilt holding her steady, with the blade embedded into the dragon’s hide. It’s runes flare into life, shimmering, as with her free hand she takes hold of the scales edge, and with newfound strength she begins to climb.
 Below, the walls ripple into life. A throng of shadow creatures clamber from the recesses and drop to the floor, turning to face Kyle and Krom as they do so.
(8-2) (2+3) (5+3) (11+3) Another pebble arcs through the clouds of dust. Despite  this obscurity, it strikes it’s mark, and a brief flare cuts through the gloom. Illuminated by this, we can see the dragon’s chest, a line of black ichor running down it. And just to the side, another shadow,skin blending with the demon, taking on the same shimmering, shifting darkness, climbing ever higher.

Sigtext

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #597 on: August 21, 2013, 01:35:34 pm »

((Is everyone posting?))

"Oh my. This is...not terribly good..."

Locate some kind of long blunt object suitable for use as a bludgeon. Use blood to write the runes T1(A7,C8), T1(C8,T2(C5)), and A8 on the bludgeon, then destroy the demons. Or whatever they are.
Sig

sjm9876

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #598 on: August 21, 2013, 02:39:29 pm »

(( Kj posted, just without an action ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ ))

Sigtext

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #599 on: August 21, 2013, 04:22:31 pm »

Fight shadows because I am light personified!
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42 ... 44