Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43 44

Author Topic: The Lone Isle RPG : Concluded.  (Read 29716 times)

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
Re: The Lone Isle RPG : Always accepting waitlisters!
« Reply #600 on: August 22, 2013, 04:05:16 am »

The Dragons bony hide is not slick as she imagined, but tough and hoary-like the face of a cliff. She clambers up, using her blade as a piton. It strikes her that the beast either doesn't notice, or doesn't care. In either case, she is not swatted against it's hide like an overeager insect-not yet, anyway.

She'll have to make it pay attention...the throng of shadowy beasts gathering below is not a good sign, Ryxa thinks. Apparently the Dragon does not believe it has enough of an advantage, to add weight of numbers.

A certain feeling resonates in Ryxa's hands-a steady thrumming vibrating through her entire body. She's sure it's the Dragons heart, beating on and on. Pumping vital fluid through the body. Keeping it alive. She wonders now, how to still it...how to pass the layers of flesh and bone, blood and sinew...

Action: Hold on! Keep climbing toward the top of the head!
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

sjm9876

• Bay Watcher
  • Did not so much Fall as Saunter Vaguely Downwards
    • View Profile
« Reply #601 on: August 23, 2013, 02:33:32 pm »

As a wave of shadow threatens to drown the ants, they begin to fight back. (8+6v6) Kyle, alight, begins to sweep through the ranks of the things, causing a large portion to begin fading. As he does so, Krom takes the nearest object in hand - a femur, larger than any mortal bone - and on it he writes in his own blood. Swinging his new club, which lies camouflaged against the crimson by the magic, (10-2v5) He too begins to cut into their ranks, (6+6v9) The golem beside him.
 However, the demon above does not permit them to struggle unhindered.
(10+3/8v10) As a fireball slams down where they stood, and the floor of the arena turns to glass below the handful of dissolving shadows, the troll picks himself off the ground, unharmed by the flames nor his leap to safety. The golem, whilst less lucky, stands unharmed, the flames that wreath it seemingly only growing fiercer from the punishment. However, even as we watch, more shadows crawl into the battlefield.
 On the dragon’s back, there stands now a lone figure, struggling to her feet.
(10-2) Despite the rocking from the wings, she stands firm, and with a determined set to her bloodied jaw, she begins to run between the spines.
My dreams are not unlike yours - they long for the safety, and break like a glass chandelier.
But there's laughter and oh there is love, just past the edge of our fears.
And there's chaos when push comes to shove, but it's music to my ears.

Sigtext

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #602 on: August 23, 2013, 02:39:35 pm »

Continue trying to fight back the shadows. Locate one of the rocks which I threw at the giant dragon earlier; if successful, grab it and throw it once more at said dragon.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #603 on: August 23, 2013, 08:46:13 pm »

Kyle continues fighting!

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #604 on: August 23, 2013, 08:49:06 pm »

Action: Ryxa takes a running leap and tries to plant her sword in the soft spot between the Dragon's wings and it's body. That should get it's attention...
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

sjm9876

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #605 on: August 24, 2013, 07:09:56 am »

(8+6) The run ends in a leap, and the leap in a stab, as the blade passes clean between the joints of the wings. (5+4) The demon roars in pain, and it’s left wing seizes up, as height begins to be lost. (7-2) Ryxa drops as her footing slips, plummeting down towards the ants below.

(7+6v5) There the golem fights tirelessly among the shadows, tearing into them. The troll cuts a path through them also, towards a single stone on the far side of the arena, (6-2v8) although he makes slow progress despite the runes on his bludgeon. Both stop and stare as the clouds of dust are pushed aside by the mountain falling to earth. (12+3/9) As it hits, there is a crash large enough to burst the eardrums of both Ryxa and Krom, even with one in mid flight. (11+10) Kyle hears nothing however, as he lies pinned beneath a gargantuan limb, his runes torn and scratched beyond repair. Krom, thrown away by the winds, lies a short distance away. (4+2) Every muscle aches, and the white jutting from his leg tells him it is broken. (2-2) Ryxa is even less fortunate, having fallen from such a great height - body bent and broken, she cannot hold on, and slips away from her flesh, even as the dragon’s chest heaves, shaking, over the shattered remains of it’s minions.

((Ryxa has perished - however, death isn’t entirely permanent. You can be brought back with a certain amount of difficulty. Or, you can chose to slip away, and be well and truly dead.))
My dreams are not unlike yours - they long for the safety, and break like a glass chandelier.

Sigtext

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #606 on: August 24, 2013, 07:18:07 am »

((Well, it looks like it's about to be a party kill but plot magic pulls me back to the land of the living I suppose I'll be around))

sjm9876

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #607 on: August 24, 2013, 07:21:39 am »

((Yeah. On the plus side, you did deal a ridiculous amount of damage to the thing. And the king could be very grateful, if you want back in :P ))

Sigtext

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #608 on: August 24, 2013, 07:42:19 am »

Try and move.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #609 on: August 24, 2013, 09:10:44 am »

((I still have regeneration, right?))

Pain. Lots of pain.
Don't give up. Don't die...

Krom went over what runes he knew or could guess at, eventually deciding on a cluster that could help...

Try to stick my leg bones back into place. If successful, prick my finger and write T1(A7,T2(C8)) and T1(T2(A7),C8) near the wound, a pair which will be called Krom's Panacea if he ever becomes famous.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

sjm9876

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #610 on: August 24, 2013, 01:37:25 pm »

(( Yeah, though it may take a while to work on that degree of wound. And I don't think pricking your finger will be entuirely necessary to get blood on it :P ))

Sigtext

sjm9876

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #611 on: August 25, 2013, 01:42:23 pm »

(7+2) Blood pools against the crimson sands as Krom grabs his leg bone and pushes. As black appears on the edge of his vision, with it only halfway in, he has to stop or fall unconscious. (6+3)(9+3) Pressing his bloodstained finger on a clean patch of skin besides the wound, he begins to scrawl, and when he has finished, there is a moment of stillness. Then the still protruding bone begins to expand and widen, sealing shut the wound. It still hurts, but he is no longer bleeding.
 Meanwhile, the dragon lifts itself off the ground. Suddenly freed, Kyle tries to move, and finds the vines still connected, and obeying his commands as before. However, where before were the struts holding his runes, there is only twisted, jagged metal. A shard of this sticks out of the demon’s leg, and a steady stream of black ichor flows from the wound.
 The two figure’s attention is drawn back to the dragon as it shakes it’s head, beginning to recover from it’s stunned state.
 ‘YOU... WILL... DIE HERE!!!

Sigtext

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #612 on: August 25, 2013, 02:02:35 pm »

Start attacking tentacle style!

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #613 on: August 25, 2013, 02:19:12 pm »

Grab a rock. Write the following runes on it multiple times each:
T1(C8,T1(C5), T1(T1(C8),C5), T1(A3,T2(C5)

Throw the rock at the dragon-demon.
Sig

sjm9876

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #614 on: August 26, 2013, 06:23:30 am »

(8+6v3+4) A thorny vine lacerates the dragon’s hide as it turns to face Kyle. It recoils, before swinging it’s head around so that it’s one good eye focuses on him. (7v7-3) However, the inevitable flames pass by the golem’s side, heating the ground instead.
 (9+3)(8+3)(6+3)(10+3) Then a shard of light flies over his head. It impacts with the dragon’s other eye, and where it strikes a beam of light falls from the sky to destroy the beast’s flesh. As ichor flows from the creature, half it’s face missing, it’s legs bend, and buckle. It’s neck slumps to the ground, it’s head landing at the feet of Kyle. A crack echoes around the arena, and a familiar gruff voice follows it.
 ‘Bloody hell. You did it. But where’s the soldier? Is she….’

Sigtext
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43 44