Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Quick Adventure, and some minor questions  (Read 1458 times)

Repseki

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Quick Adventure, and some minor questions
« on: June 01, 2013, 10:05:01 am »

When I got a little tired of the fort I was running I decided to give Adventure mode a go. So I made a nice set of plate armor and some Legendary Weapons, stockpiled them in a vault near the entrance with some Platinum Souls/essence containers and a built Researchers, then closed it in and abandoned the fort. A little shortcut for my Adventurer but it makes things easier when I just want to mess around a little.

My plan was to eventually make it to the King of the Human civ I had made my fort near, because they were the only Vampire Lord that hadn't been killed in the first 5 years of worldgen by a random copper bolt. Then, after a few tasks I was asked to kill this Vampire Lord as they were all to afraid to stand up to him. I figured why not, and maybe get some Vamp blood out of it. Of course, when I get there, I find that the Vampire Lord I am supposed to kill has convinced all of the Humans that they are a Deity. Not sure it was actually them, I checked the tombs only to find a large number of warlocks, but not who I was looking for. A quick check on Legends viewer from before I set out to identify the King for sure, and I accused him of being a night creature. This of course did absolutely nothing, so I waited until it was night and everyone else was asleep to just jump him and hope my Dwarf could actually do something to him.

I expected things to be difficult, and as my Dwarf was thrown across the room almost immediately I didn't think things were going to turn out very well. A somewhat lucky hit to the foot later and the Vamp was stuck on the ground, making it much easier to handle and thankfully before I got anything more than bruises (even if they were basically everywhere). I then continued to slice away with my Legendary Admantine Greataxe, figuring I would try to get as much blood out as I could. Oddly enough it is apparently difficult to de-limb a Vampire Lord, as even after he bled to death I hadn't actually sliced anything off. Basically all of the attacks either shattered bone or tore muscle, but I figure he had some tough skin.

Vampire Lord dead, waterskins filled with blood laced water, and hoping I would get to turn into a boss through said blood, I started to head out towards the town to report success. As I walked through the courtyard and the sun started to rise, high pitch screams ring out like those I heard throughout the Warlock infested tombs, and several steel bolts come flying down at me from what I assume were the guards above. Somewhat confused as I just killed the Vampire of whom I had a task for, and they were  supposedly to scared to confront themselves I quickly darted out the main castle gates as the entire market was waking up. A literal hoard of merchants and farmers later, a short passing out in a tower where the guards apparently ignored me, and I figure the entire nation might not be so friendly anymore. I then test this out by trying to turn the task in to the Lady that gave it to me, which of course led to several more dead humans and an Adventurer who isn't really sure what to do next.

I figure this is just some vanilla fun, and not really something that could have gone differently? But it was definitely not what I had been expecting to happen. Obviously killing the King of a Nation caused some issues, even if he was a Vampire Lord pretending to be a Deity, yet known as a Vamp Lord to everyone around.

The blood I drank also doesn't seem to have caused any change, do Vamp Lords 1-3 transmit differently? Or maybe I'm just a nub when it comes to vampires in MW Adventure mode, as I know the main focus is Fortress mode. I was also wondering if the Armor/Weapon Runes worked in Adventure Mode?

Brilliand

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Quick Adventure, and some minor questions
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2013, 03:50:31 pm »

A quick check on Legends viewer from before I set out to identify the King for sure, and I accused him of being a night creature. This of course did absolutely nothing, so I waited until it was night and everyone else was asleep to just jump him and hope my Dwarf could actually do something to him.

Pretty sure him denying it means you got the wrong guy.
The blood of our enemies is but a symbol.  The true domain of Armok is magma - mountain's blood.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2013, 10:37:16 pm »

It does.

Repseki

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2013, 05:49:29 am »

When I attacked him the enemy alert yelling in your face gonna kill you thing had him say his name was the guy I had been looking for. Unless there are duplicate names out there.

Would the MW transformations (Guilds, Demonbound, etc) make you unable to become a vampire? Either in Adventure or Fortress.