Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Legion: Another One of my Favorite Nightmares come to (un)Life!  (Read 2417 times)

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile

So I dont have a finished product yet but Im so excited I wanted to post a reserve spot here  for my crying.

Legion is based off the Castlevania monster, which is in turn a liberal and quite fiendish take on others.  Legion is best known as the group of demons Jesus encounters in a posessed person.

Legion in our context is a megabeast, a core surrounded by a flailing mass of undead tissue.  I have an idea to melt a series of 'connectors' that attach some bodyparts (shaped like humans, some whole bodies lacking UB, LB, HEAD tags) which will let it reanimate them.  I want to use interactions to suppy second, third waves.

When the core gets damaged I would like it to spawn a 'nautilus', a monster to defend it.  I would really like to imply that this nautilus was a part of the core by having it somehow 'consume' or destroy corpes to become a new Legion, but . . .

Other interactions I would want are transforming itself into itself- when it eats bodies . . . again I dont hold my breathe about the corpse consuption.

Legion creature
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Legion BP

And the errorlog is very pleasant to look at!  all expected errors . . .
« Last Edit: June 03, 2013, 12:04:46 am by pisskop »
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Toxicshadow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • github
Re: Legion: Another One of my Favorite Nightmares come to (un)Life!
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2013, 12:30:33 am »

Looks interesting; might be fun to play with :P
'ere the Chias get hungry...

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
    • Regeneration: Forced Evolution
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2013, 12:35:54 am »

I suggest making a GRASP part that is called "Human Corpse" or just "Unrecognizable Corpse" then that is connected to a part that melts off, called idk "goo" it then targets these limbs of it's own with a special ANIMATE interaction that also Transforms the animated limb instantly to another creature (legion offspring?) make sure the main core casts an interaction that gives it NO_AGING, OPPOSED_TO_LIFE, and NOT_LIVING in hopes animated minions don't turn on the master.

Your errorlog flips a fit because of all the UPPERBODIES correct? the method (not mine) that I mentioned above I use in a Mod that is on hiatus for spawning hungry rats.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2013, 11:53:52 am »

So If I set an interaction to target corpse and target creature:legion will it only animate itself?  I want it to selectively animate its own parts with special transformations.

Also my first complaint is Im having trouble getting only parts of it to melt.  Making progress, but I seem to have an issue with melting my creations :P

@Hugo:  I actually plan to use tails and limbs as 'heads' and UB, LB while they are on the creature.  Would that be simpler?
« Last Edit: June 03, 2013, 11:56:10 am by pisskop »
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2013, 12:48:39 pm »

So If I set an interaction to target corpse and target creature:legion will it only animate itself?  I want it to selectively animate its own parts with special transformations.

Also my first complaint is Im having trouble getting only parts of it to melt.  Making progress, but I seem to have an issue with melting my creations :P

@Hugo:  I actually plan to use tails and limbs as 'heads' and UB, LB while they are on the creature.  Would that be simpler?

Well you see if it loses all its HEADs it is dead, idk about many Lower Bodies, but there can only be one Upper Body im sure.

So here are a few things that will speed you along *Hugo vanishes into his modding boneyard*

Spoiler: Special Body Parts (click to show/hide)

--- There is an ANIMATE and a RESURRECT if you find that the ANIMATED parts turn on the owner, go the ANIMATE > RESURRECT step
Spoiler: Interactions (click to show/hide)

if have to go the ANIMATE > RESURRECT step this critter will help you figure it all out

Rename as sees fit.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2013, 02:07:34 pm »

so by making a material solid then setting its melting point lower than room temp will reliably melt it when it hits the air.  And I didnt realize you could create bp categories!  Jeepers.  think of the wing-eyes and other nightmarish things you can make.

I just tried and had its heads come off in short order. but not the rest, because all four chiumanoids connect to one another currently. So itll be simple enough to create BPs for each chumanoid (corpse-humamoid)  so the whole thing sloughs off on its condition.

And animation I have, I just wanted to make the chumanoids actual human zombies, albeit with some buffs.

edit:  right, because the parts are an instance of the creature still.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2013, 02:16:08 pm by pisskop »
PKs DF Mod!

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2013, 12:40:18 pm »

Well.  Its all done in the sense that it drops bodies that get up snd move faster than the parent and its a pain to kill.  It has blood and does bleed out although I sucked ost of the blood from its outy parts.  Instead it also has a distinct upper and lower core, althought one is internal; bisections are possible, but ive yet to see the ai do it.

Im having an issue getting its heads to accept a basic mouth, though.  If I add it to the UB, LB its goes there but any other head doesnt recieve one.Thats [checks]  7 heads not biting!  I also had a spell where the melted corpseswouldnt accept an attack and would only push.

I will create a zombie of some kind for the legion BPs to turn into, but otherwise its a complete creature, if not somewhat op.  Ill look into that.
PKs DF Mod!

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 04, 2013, 02:13:16 pm »

The creature

the bodydefault

Im sure I didnt break anything . . .  and I found its melted corpses to be quite effective, until their hands get beat up.

Maybe somebody would glance at a head or two?
« Last Edit: June 04, 2013, 02:32:30 pm by pisskop »
PKs DF Mod!

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 04, 2013, 02:24:49 pm »

lol I like how you made a ton of different parts for each body, instead of different categories of connectors, in which a body would connect to those connectors.

So by having 21 connectors 8 of them are CAT_LEGLESS_BODY, 7 are CAT_CORRUPTED and 6 are another type of corpse to animate, then you have 3 corpse types that the main type "HEAD" connects to the CATEGORY part of connectors [CON_CAT:LEGLESS_BODY_CONNECTOR] then the rest of it's parts follow connected to the head, so when the connector breaks off, a full body in a sense will break off too.

If you give me a sec I'll be able to whip something up quick for body parts

EDIT:
oh looking at your heads for the AHUMANOID and such order of events, you are trying to connect the head to the upperbody, then define the upperbody that doesn't work. define the upperbody then connect the other parts to it.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2013, 02:26:46 pm by Hugo_The_Dwarf »

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 04, 2013, 02:40:04 pm »

New Body Parts:

I have 4 categories, but looking at it you only need 2 (legless and full body corpses) all you have to do is Layer the melty tissue on CON_1 and CON_2 parts, I also organized the heads to work correctly on the fall off corpses if there are any errors it's probably because this is just a quick mock up

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 04, 2013, 05:34:24 pm »

it works! Yay.  Thanks for your help.  Youve been too helpful.  Ive learned quite a bit about the tissues and interactions.  *and now I even have working templates.*
  One last thing.  After I added the concat bits and removed the redundant bodies it now lists them by order of connection.

Any reference to a hand is now: hand, lowerarm, upperarm, upperbody, connector.

Ill dink at it and probably finish it off tomorrow.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2013, 05:36:11 pm by pisskop »
PKs DF Mod!

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 04, 2013, 06:06:51 pm »

haha yeah I kinda forgot about that, I knew something weird like that would happen.

That's why I include a transformation in my original spawners so more or less just little things drop off and get transformed into a full creature (if you want legless they can be a caste in the tansformed creature)

All about having fun with SCIENCE or not eh? :P

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 05, 2013, 12:17:13 pm »

So I tried an adventurer out, and One the Evicerating Sword, Legion ( 8) ) spent half the day lumbering slowly after me, nevermelting.  Is that a thing, or am I back to the drawing board?
PKs DF Mod!

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 05, 2013, 12:23:42 pm »

Adventure mode (to me at least) seems to have some temperature issues, not easy to test magic runes or webs that instantly vaporize when temperature doesn't work 100%. Not that I'm right, Temperature in adv. mode could work just fine, and it's just me that is imagining things. You could also check the beast to make sure that the connectors are still there.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 05, 2013, 10:30:00 pm »

So, three seasons of fortress and several bloody cave floors later I can confirm he doesnt melt.  Also, two moderately trained speardwarfs in copper along with three warm bodies with copper bolts stand no chance.

Ill try something else. . .

My solution is to increase temp and add two reactions to the legion zombies.  One requires a flipper.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2013, 10:34:44 pm by pisskop »
PKs DF Mod!
Pages: [1] 2