Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Fountain of Eternal Youth not working?  (Read 1171 times)

Xardov

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Fountain of Eternal Youth not working?
« on: June 03, 2013, 12:37:08 am »

So my Militia Captain has some nerve damage, and I've sent him to the Fountain of Eternal Youth to repair it.  It's been a year now, he's been repeating the reaction, but his nerve damage is not fixed yet.

Fairin

• Bay Watcher
  • Furry!
    • View Profile
Re: Fountain of Eternal Youth not working?
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2013, 09:38:25 am »

mmm wouldnt a quick workaround be change his caste since transformation also heals?

Brilliand

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2013, 12:03:47 pm »

Yeah, I tried the fountain of youth's healing once, and it didn't work... I think I then transformed him at the guildhall, and THAT fully healed him.

The fountain of youth's healing is actually implemented as a transformation that only lasts one tick; not sure why it didn't work.

One thing you could try is NOT putting the job on repeat - I hear that disables autoSyndrome, which might either halve the chances of the syndrome getting applied or prevent it entirely, depending on things I haven't checked.  Queue a bunch of jobs in the manager, then delete them once the dwarf is healed.
The blood of our enemies is but a symbol.  The true domain of Armok is magma - mountain's blood.

DG123

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2013, 01:58:51 pm »

I find it doesn't seem to heal my guys properly either.

What DOES work is using the injured person to transform into the spirit of nature.

My champion regrew a whole arm by doing that.

Not that he needed it. I've never seen a one armed man kick so much ass using a wooden crossbow...