Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: tallow to oil?  (Read 3108 times)

kreepergrimms

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
tallow to oil?
« on: June 03, 2013, 02:49:30 am »

i cant seem to find which building runs the tallow to oil reaction, i have it in my manager but it has not run, i have the tannery and kitchens and every other place i can think of to make oil but its not working

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile
Re: tallow to oil?
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2013, 02:51:25 am »

grep or find in file the name of the reaction and you will be able to see its location in the raws, and you will see the building there
(if you had typed it exactly i would have looked it up for you .. )

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2013, 03:10:25 am »

Chemist. 3 tallow = 1 oil.  8)
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

kreepergrimms

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2013, 03:12:03 am »

thanks meph, thats one of the buildings i have yet to test out

Hefateus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2013, 08:44:46 am »

THIS reaction is one of my favorites. 

Repseki

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2013, 10:53:52 am »

It is quite useful. Yet I still have way more tallow than anyone could ever need.

Werdna

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Overlord
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2013, 11:31:27 am »

I imagine the tallow-surplus that we have now will be greatly reduced in the new version once 'butcher sapients' is disabled.
ProvingGrounds was merely a setback.

Hefateus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 05, 2013, 02:34:27 am »

I LIKED the taste of a bit'o' goblin in the stew pot....O well.. Com'er little pekyt, pekyt, pekyt.

kreepergrimms

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 06, 2013, 02:46:59 am »

as long as butcher sapients is still an option i am game, i have always played this way, i like the idea that gobbies will be filling my cooking pots, or the occasional elf or human casualty

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #9 on: June 10, 2013, 02:57:57 am »

Its only one word in the raws, but I did not plan on it being an option. Dwarf = no cannibals. Thats it. This feature should be for the more barbaric races, and elves. ;)
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Brilliand

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 10, 2013, 11:36:48 pm »

Its only one word in the raws, but I did not plan on it being an option. Dwarf = no cannibals. Thats it. This feature should be for the more barbaric races, and elves. ;)

Technically it's only cannibalism if they eat their own race.  :P
The blood of our enemies is but a symbol.  The true domain of Armok is magma - mountain's blood.

Kazymir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 10, 2013, 11:59:37 pm »

Cannibalism in most fantasy settings is defined as eating the flesh of any sapient creature.
We must not look at Goblin Men
We must not buy their fruits
Who knows upon what soil they've fed
Their hungry, thirsty roots?

Brilliand

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 11, 2013, 12:04:11 am »

Cannibalism in most fantasy settings is defined as eating the flesh of any sapient creature.

So... tigers eating humans is cannibalism, and tigers eating tigers is not?

Do you mean exactly what you said, or would it be more accurate to say that all sapient creatures are lumped together as one race for the purpose of defining cannibalism in fantasy settings?  (not that there is more than one sapient race IRL...)
The blood of our enemies is but a symbol.  The true domain of Armok is magma - mountain's blood.

Kazymir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 11, 2013, 12:08:12 am »

So... tigers eating humans is cannibalism, and tigers eating tigers is not?
Do you mean exactly what you said, or would it be more accurate to say that all sapient creatures are lumped together as one race for the purpose of defining cannibalism in fantasy settings?  (not that there is more than one sapient race IRL...)
A non-sapient (such as a tiger) cannot make moral choices, while a sapient creature can. A sapient choosing to eat another sapient is committing an act of cannibalism, be it an elf eating a dwarf, or vice-versa.
We must not look at Goblin Men
We must not buy their fruits
Who knows upon what soil they've fed
Their hungry, thirsty roots?

kreepergrimms

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 13, 2013, 12:08:55 am »

could it be an option? i know its a personal preference but some people would still like the option
Pages: [1] 2