Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 15

Author Topic: Gods of Bay12  (Read 33665 times)

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
Re: Gods of Bay12
« Reply #150 on: June 29, 2013, 10:31:30 pm »

Ironeye cast his gaze about, and lo, the universe was in chaos. Ravening void clawed at the fabric of reality, while creation everywhere writhed and sprouted against it.

It was, he supposed, as it should be.

But the universe was chaotic and lifeless in its struggles, the fight for existence precluding the perseverance of life. And so comparing the hungry, destructive void to all the possibilities of creation, he sided with creation.

And wove he a net of brilliant white creation, lifelike in its ability to repair and expand itself, humming and sparkling with its resistance to the very notion of Void.

And into a ball he formed this net, with himself within it, that all within should be protected from the void, and that the net should expand when able, furthering the reach of Existence in the face of blank, featureless Oblivion.

Create a shield against the void. It can repair itself, and expand (or contract, if necessary) under the right circumstances. It prevents the ravening, destructive aspect of void from entering, and would likely wear down any that did enter or was created within, though there can still be a lack of things inside it.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

ScriptWolf

• Bay Watcher
  • You can't spell slaughter without laughter!
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: June 30, 2013, 01:22:52 am »

((Is it to late to join ?))
Spoiler: sheet (click to show/hide)
He must be running 3.5 abacuses of RAM

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: June 30, 2013, 02:58:22 am »

The void screeched in horror at the abominations violating it, and Xavanos shook in pain.
Pain these outsiders had forced upon him, pain he took upon himself to save the void.
Xavanos gathered himself up, and for the first time ever, spoke, his voice carrying all the way down to the planet below and all the minds upon it.

You creatures burn me with your presence. Your very existence violates me, like a plague spreading within my soul. You are foul, and he who created you more so.
I attempted to rid you from myself, and had you fled I would have healed and left you be. But you did not, your very nature forbids you from doing so.

The voice becomes angry, and its force begins to press down upon creation, juddering it.
Instead you stayed - in MY home - and WOUNDED me! You fought against that which you lived in, and WOUNDED me! In MY home!
This is not your place! You have no right to it!
I WILL SEE YOU BANISHED FROM MY SPACE OR DESTROYED, FOUL ABOMINATIONS, FOR YOU HAVE INVADED MY HOME AND NOW SEEK TO PUSH ME OUT! I! WILL! NOT! LET YOU!

A howling wind of darkness blew down upon the crawling stain known as the Void Plague, seeking to alter it ... change it to something else.
When the process was done the newly corrupted Plague turned upon its progenitors, followed by the hateful mutter of "Now see what you have wrought torn asunder."

Corrupt both Void Plagues into their exact opposite - creatures composed of Void that eat reality and excrete Void.

The Voidfather, meanwhile, was traveling other paths. It was but an instant and an eternity before he was before the one who had begat the crawling horrors that now befouled him.
They both knew what he was here for.
Xavanos did not waste time with words or talk, merely attacked him with all the hatred brewing at his core.
Find Wolin. Tear him in two and destroy the two halves before dissolving them and sending his voice hurtling toward the planet, eternally screaming.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: June 30, 2013, 03:43:36 am »

Baldman looked at the void. Such an unfortunate fate it has suffered, this perpetual battle with forces far greater in number than itself.

It seems like in the battle for creation, nothingness had become the underdog, despite the fact that it was infinite. But its infinity, it was interesting. More interesting than most things, Baldman found. He had not beheld something truly infinite before. Though its ravening hunger was most unfortunate, it was but an ultimately simple and innocent creature. A creature in agony, striking wildly at its perceived threats.

But he had an idea. It would require the Star-Forge. But before that, this violent nonsense would have to end.

Protect exactly half (whether half of one or exactly one) the Void Plague from corruption while aiding the corruption of the other half, then set the opposing halves at each other to create the Balancing Force, capable of eating both Reality and Void. It would prevent either side from moving in too far against one another. Ask Zanzetkuken to watch over it if this succeeds, protecting it from interference.

Oh, and if the barrier goes up, I am on the Void side of it.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2013, 10:46:18 am by Harry Baldman »

Errol

• Bay Watcher
  • Heaven or Hell, Duel 1 -- Let's Rock!
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: June 30, 2013, 09:53:49 am »

"Man, I need a freaking drink." - The Essence of Survival, I/2

Build a cosmic bar where sufficiently chill gods can hang out. Then get a drink in said bar.

"Oh, and hey, void dude. I can't speak for the other gods, but all I want is just a place to be, with some actually sane, mortal people. You know yourself you can't prevent that from happening, right? Life will prosper and blossom, inside this void, I'm afraid. Fate wills it. Best learn to deal with it.
Perhaps it wouldn't have hurt to ask you before all this, but I wasn't exactly around for that, and now my job description is keeping life down here alive... you and me, we sit on opposite ends of this one. Great shame.
Anyway, where was I? Oh, right, it shouldn't really be a problem for you to tolerate this world. Look at it this way. Imagine that this universe is your couch, an infinite couch, and you're chilling on it, spread all over it so that there's no more space for anyone else to get on the couch and watch TV with you and munch popcorn and stuff. Now, we're in here - and all that I want, at least, is a finite amount of space on that couch. It's a comfy couch, you see. That's totally not a problem for you, your infinite space stays infinite but I can also sit and get some rest, but instead you're acting like I hammered a red hot footlong nail into your digestive tract and trying to shove us off. Cue disproportionate retribution, disproportionate retribution to that disproportionate retribution and, bam, we have a cosmic war. As far as I'm concerned, there's two options now. Either guarantee us that infinestimally small space on the couch in exchange for us respecting your borders, or just get us a second couch. That'd probably be the better way, even - you get your couch, and we get our couch, and everybody promises to keep to their own couch, and everyone's happily having a great evening. But if you don't have a second couch, I'm here to stay. After all, I'm God of Survival now."
Girls are currently preparing signature, please wait warmly until it is ready.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: June 30, 2013, 10:18:25 am »

"Xavanos, you are one god against many and every mortal. You wish to make yourself happy at the expense of each one of those. Even if you could win, why should you? Why are your desires greater than those of every other being in existence?"
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: June 30, 2013, 11:32:44 am »

You overlap with the goddess of illusions, but I think it may work.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

ScriptWolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: June 30, 2013, 12:52:55 pm »

I imagined mine more akin to the dark brotherhood :P but if you want I also have a completely different god in mind if that would be better ?

Also would I be on a wait list or are we all playing ?
« Last Edit: June 30, 2013, 01:01:51 pm by ScriptWolf »

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: June 30, 2013, 01:20:24 pm »

Yes.

Kinda both, in a way.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: June 30, 2013, 01:27:45 pm »

I imagined mine more akin to the dark brotherhood :P but if you want I also have a completely different god in mind if that would be better ?

Also would I be on a wait list or are we all playing ?
that's fine.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

Slayerhero90

• Bay Watcher
  • Time for Taako's opinion.
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: June 30, 2013, 01:28:34 pm »

Script, you just gotta wait for your manifestation circumstances to occur.
My tumblr.
Yeah no I don't haunt here anymore. Peace

ScriptWolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: June 30, 2013, 01:31:08 pm »

Script, you just gotta wait for your manifestation circumstances to occur.

Ahh ok that's cool I was just wondering cause I did not know haha :)

Persus are we going with the second sheet then ? I think I prefer that one haha

Slayerhero90

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: June 30, 2013, 01:32:57 pm »

I'm still waiting for humans to be created, a caste system to form, and tensions to rise between the low and high classes.
My tumblr.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: June 30, 2013, 01:34:22 pm »

No one create humans, then.

Make dwarves, kobolds, fishmen, intelligent flowers, tudies, etc, but NOT humans!
Sig

Slayerhero90

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: June 30, 2013, 01:49:38 pm »

No one create humans, then.

Make dwarves, kobolds, fishmen, intelligent flowers, tudies, etc, but NOT humans!
Why? :'c
My tumblr.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 15