Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 15

Author Topic: Gods of Bay12  (Read 32167 times)

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
Re: Gods of Bay12
« Reply #135 on: June 08, 2013, 05:43:23 pm »

((It's actually more analogus to fruit drawing nutrients out of the soil only to be crushed and the nutrients in the fruit transferred back into the ground whenever a fruit ripens.))
(Not so. The Something is a waste product of the Void Plague's metabolism.)
(Just as the nutrients are the product of the fruit. The Void eats the Something and makes more Void.))
((And then the Plague, multiplied by previous feeding, eats the Void again.

...If we weren't both gods, the laws of thermodynamics would have shut this whole thing down long ago.))
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: June 08, 2013, 05:44:55 pm »

((It's actually more analogus to fruit drawing nutrients out of the soil only to be crushed and the nutrients in the fruit transferred back into the ground whenever a fruit ripens.))
(Just as the nutrients are the product of the fruit. The Void eats the Something and makes more Void.))

...If we weren't both gods, the laws of thermodynamics would have shut this whole thing down long ago.))
((And excretes more Something, and the Void devours that, making more Void in the process. I haven't stopped the plague, but I have tied it up.))
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: June 08, 2013, 06:00:11 pm »

In case it wasn't abundantly clear, I wish to Manifest.
Whoops sorry, missed that.

((And excretes more Something, and the Void devours that, making more Void in the process. I haven't stopped the plague, but I have tied it up.))
I believe this is a discussion for the OC thread
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: June 08, 2013, 06:36:18 pm »

My mistake. I meant to post this in the OOC thread.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Errol

• Bay Watcher
  • Heaven or Hell, Duel 1 -- Let's Rock!
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: June 09, 2013, 04:37:44 pm »

"...and this better become a sanctum. The sanctum of Low, impregnable to all Gods who wish to mess with it or the contents. I hope to myself this works and doesn't get knocked over like a sandcastle. Uh, anyway. Let the overgods wage their war, as long as they don't get into my business. And destroy this sand castle. Garden of Survival - yeah, that sounds better than Sanctum - go!" -- Apocrypha I, 18-20
Girls are currently preparing signature, please wait warmly until it is ready.

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: June 11, 2013, 07:18:17 pm »

Waiting on Wwwolin. Seems the God of Preparedness is unprepared.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: June 11, 2013, 09:44:26 pm »

Waiting on Wwwolin. Seems the God of Preparedness is unprepared.
Irony! Just like when Iamanelf didn't read all of Pantheon's turns...
Sig

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: June 29, 2013, 06:49:42 pm »

The minstrel coughed, then continued his story, feeling like he'd paused for weeks in his story,

"An injured Xanvanos headed away from the new gods, in an attempt to recover, but then Neyravah created (3+2) a giant creature that existed solely to devour the Void. Xavannos watched as (5+2 vs. 5+2) The Void Plague traveled around creating, then the creations were devoured at a constant rate, in an endless cycle of creation and destruction. Then Xavannos tried to heal himself of the pain. (1+2) He worked to ease the pain, but it spread throughout his nothingness. He took away part of the pain, but that pain remained, and Xavannos realized that he was stuck with that pain for all time.

Back on the barren world, E. Low worked to create a Garden of Survival to protect all that was left of the life on that world. (5+1) and as he imagined it in his mind, it became flesh, a protective garden that existed to protect life. (6) As he worked, a meteorite came down and smashed into the barren world. A figure exited the meteorite, Ironeye, god of progress had arrived. He had espied the world from another dimension, drawn by the gods and their battles against the void. He spoke, saying while putting on sunglasses, 'It looks like I'll be needed if you want to make some... progress around here.' His arrival was like the first stone signaling an avalanche. Behind him, (3) there was a muffled expletive, as The Producer found that he'd laughed himself partway into another dimension, and was now stuck.

Baldman examined the wall in the void. it was made of things. Rocks, trees, air, metals, and a large StarForge, tightly bound together. (2) Staring at this forge, Baldman felt bored. It seemed to him that other than the new arrivals of Ironeye and the Producer, that there was little to be curious about. He heard a hiss, and stared as the Starforge glowed red hot, and saw that the things on the forge where changing by the StarForge's heat. When it cooled, another god had appeared. This one was Chii'z Kaex, the large mandrill who was the god of Baked goods. He stretched, and yawned on the Starforge, looking-"

"Excuse me," the scholar said "What happened to wwolin, the god of preparedness?"

The minstrel spoke "No one knows." As he spoke that, a long forgotten spark of curiosity awoke in him. What had happened to the god of preparedness at a time when he was needed? The minstrel then said "Shall we go to find out?"
Sigtext

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: June 29, 2013, 07:08:36 pm »

Spread the gift of baking and the curse of cannibalism.
I wish I could unwatch a thread because every time I look at this I can feel myself dying faster
Dying of laughter?
Dying of pure unbridled hatred, actually.

Slayerhero90

• Bay Watcher
  • Time for Taako's opinion.
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: June 29, 2013, 07:10:37 pm »

Spread the gift of baking and the curse of cannibalism.
Both of those are gifts.
My tumblr.
Yeah no I don't haunt here anymore. Peace

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: June 29, 2013, 07:18:05 pm »

Seeing as cannibalism tends to occupy times and places of extreme need, perhaps not.

In any case:
Neyravah were proud of the Void Plague. It was Their greatest achievement, a life-form that went past circumventing natural laws to thrive straight into violating them, a triumph of life over death, of Something over Nothing. But it wasn't enough. While the Plague feasted and excreted, the Nothing devoured as fast. There had to be more...
Make another Void Plague, so that they can reproduce.
Sig

Slayerhero90

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: June 29, 2013, 08:29:57 pm »

It's the effect of the famine's cause. If anything, it saves people and gets rid of those who won't eat that guy who plopped down dead yesterday of hunger out of some sort of being against it.
My tumblr.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: June 29, 2013, 08:31:56 pm »

It's the effect of the famine's cause. If anything, it saves people and gets rid of those who won't eat that guy who plopped down dead yesterday of hunger out of some sort of being against it.
Regardless, it's hard to argue as a blessing, just as it's hard to argue that bombings are a blessing.
Sig

Slayerhero90

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: June 29, 2013, 08:33:20 pm »

Regardless, it's hard to argue as a blessing, just as it's hard to argue that bombings are a blessing.
THE BOMBS ARE MERCY.
My tumblr.

Dansmithers

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:TUNNEL_SNAKES:RULE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: June 29, 2013, 09:40:31 pm »

Unstick myself, assay planet for actors.
Siggy Siggy Hole!

Well, let's say you're going away from Earth on huge spaceship and suddenly shit goes wrong and you have Super Mutants. Social Experiments prepared them for this.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 15