Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Toxicshadow's Mod Emporium (Currently *sortof* baren)  (Read 5788 times)

Toxicshadow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • github
Toxicshadow's Mod Emporium (Currently *sortof* baren)
« on: June 03, 2013, 11:35:37 pm »

I have finals the 13th and 14th, but after that Im free.  I proooomise I'll get something nice up by next monday~!

So with summer break coming up, I intend to do quite a bit of modding; rather than having 6000 threads all running around, I'm going to cram them into one thread. I'll update the beginning of the title with the most current updated mod, so as that you dun have to check every time. I'll also keep a list at the top, right here:

• PlayableCiv+: 0.05A (No update)
  • Pokefables Revived: I don't remember so let's go with 1.0 (No update)
  • Naruto: Way of the Fortress 0.02A (No update)

Main reason everything came to a halt is because of school; I get out the 14th of this month, so I'll be able to actually do stuff. In terms of my order of operations, I think I want to update Pokefables (I have a lot done already), then continue playing with Naruto. I want to play with PC+ a bit, not sure what I'll do with it though. I think once I get some core Jutsu done with Naruto, it's going to become my DF Hack testing grounds (That's a good thing), Pokefables will be a mod I intend to update atleast partially regularly, and PC+ will just lurk in the background as always.
Anyways, on to the threads for the mods:
Oh and these are currently direct copy/pastes

** Playable Civ+: [0.05A][Unknown Date]

Hello, today I'm releasing an early alpha version of an ambitious mod in progress. This mod (PlayableCiv+) is meant to give you a little bit more of a variety on whom you play as, rather than the same old drunk dwarfs and useless pissy snobs nobles. Rather than making it a total conversion mod where it includes everything in your possible imagination and more, it's going to focus on playable races themselves. I also aim for this to be more of an expansion mod, and limiting file replacing. But of course it will include some custom buildings and weapons and such... for variety in races. They will be full races, with languages and all.

Use Legends mode to find a civilization of a preferable race.

I suppose I should start with the first made playable race:

Elves:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Permitted jobs:
Permitted Tasks:
Nobles
Druid
Acolyte
Princess
Queen
Ranger Commander
Ranger Captain
Expedition Leader
Highest Herbalist
Courier
Example city design and tips
Racial Bonuses/Features
Next is the first custom race:
Satyrs:
Also, to make a military in the start: Go to the Nobles page, appoint a Warparty Leader from there. Then you can go to the Military screen and create a squad under him.
Permitted Jobs:
Permitted Tasks:
Nobles:
Chief
Warlord
Chief's Assistant
Spirit:
Warparty Leader:
Trader:
Expedition Leader
Racial Bonuses/Features:

Antmen:
Permitted Jobs:
Permitted Tasks:
Nobles
Ant's favor election.
Queen:
General:
Medic
Trader
Captain:
Expedition Leader:

Credits:

Planned:
Download:
Changelog:
v0.05A
V0.04A:
V0.03.2A:
V0.03.1A:
V0.03A(July 4, 2012):
V0.01A(July 1, 2012):
If you had V0.01A you should have a file called "reactions_civ+.txt" As long as the 's' is at the end of 'reactions' it is safe to delete that file. Don't delete the fixed version called 'reaction_civ+.txt'
Please, if you have ANY suggestions, post them. I really do appreciate comments/suggestions/constructive criticism.
Also if you find any problems post them and I'll get right to fixing them.

** Pokefables Revived: [1.0?][Unknown Date]

a mod by Monk12 and Old Greg - necro'd/continued by Toxicshadow, with permission from Monk12 and Old Greg

***Adventure Mode Download***
For DF v0.34.11(Current)

Daddy, daddy, tell us a story!
Alright, which one would you like to hear?
I want to hear Growlithe and the Necromancer's Tower!
That one's stupid! I want to hear the Voyages of Lapras!
But we wanted to hear about how Pikachu came to be Sheriff of Gemweavers!
Settle down, we have time for all those stories! Now, our story begins a long time ago, when the world was young, the gods were many and the lands were plagued by terrible creatures of the night...

What is Pokemon Fables?

The conceit is simple- what if Beowulf or Lord of the Rings were written in the world of Pokemon? Quite simply, you'd have Grendel being slain by a Pikachu with his Sword of Flames, or Squirtle, Charmander, and Bulbasaur joining forces to break the siege of Minas Tirith. The goal of this mod is simply to make such a world possible through the addition of new items, civs, interactions, and of course, Pokemon.

Now, Monk12 and Old Greg have spent a lot of time and tremendous amounts of effort in this mod, too much to let die. I've come to revive and continue this mod in the glory it became and is to be. I won't be half-assing it, nor will I try and cut corners, I'd like to keep this mod alive and well, and thorough. I plan on adding the rest of the first Gen pokemon, then second gen, then some 3rd gen. I, most likely, won't be getting into diamond(4th gen) and up.

Yeah, but what exactly have you actually done?

Fort Mode Features -I'll begin updating this when/if I get permission from Old Greg, if anyone would like to help me with Fort Mode, just post.

That's cool and all, but it doesn't seem like much.

It isn't- right now, we have merely a fraction of our final features implemented. This mod will be actively developed to include evolutions, items, crafting, enchantments, and of course loads and loads of new Pokemon to bring on your adventures.

Current Adventure Mode Development- the evolutions of the Kanto starters as well as the ability to evolve in-game.

Well, adventure mode is cool and all, but I'm really more of a Fortress Mode person. Just wait a little while...

There are obvious discrepancies between how things work in Adventure Mode, and how they work in Fortress Mode, in some cases irreconcilably so. To that end, this mod features two different downloads you can choose from- one optimized for Fortress Mode, and one for Adventure Mode. Fortress Mode RAWS will focus on dwarves building a society and capturing wild Pokemon to help them survive, while Adventure Mode RAWS will focus on adventuring as a Civilized Pokemon in a world of Night Creatures, hostile civs, and brutish, barbarian Wild Pokemon.

That's really interesting! I've got some ideas too...

We are more than happy to hear requests for specific items, functionality, and of course favorite Pokemon to be included.

I'm sold! How do I get started?

Download the Latest Adventure Mode Version, or Fortress Mode if you'd rather wait on the fortress mode, just wait, and you're ready to go! The following is a list of Pokemon and Techniques currently in the game, with detailed information and strategies to help you on your journey. Note that the starters are rather small by human standards, which makes them noticeably weaker in melee combat- Pokemon are adventurous spirits, however, and it shouldn't be too hard to get a party of companions with useful skills to help you even the odds!

Spoiler: Pokedex (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Techniques (click to show/hide)

Now go! Your very own Pokemon Legend is about to unfold! A world of dreams and adventures with Pokemon awaits! Onward to glory!
However don't expect an update for a little while because due to the, in my opinion, messyness of both fortmode and adv. mode files, I have to clean them up and merge them. They're messy to me just because the files were mean't for 2 people, 1 knows most of 1 thing, and the other knows most of the other thing. I don't know most of either, but I can assume/figure out what does what. And it's messy. lol

Next post!
« Last Edit: June 12, 2013, 10:53:33 pm by Toxicshadow »
'ere the Chias get hungry...

Toxicshadow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • github
Re: Toxicshadow's Mod Emporium (Currently *sortof* baren)
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2013, 11:36:19 pm »

Naruto: Way of the Fortress: [0.02A][Recently]
Current Version: 0.02A, Believe it!

Should be self-explanatory based on the name, however I may need to reiterate, this is a mod that intends to incorporate various aspects from the anime, Naruto. To be a bit more specific, I intend on working with things debuted in the first season (Not Shippuden), however due to the mass of... things in Shippuden, I can't avoid all of it, and eventually I might implement a portion of it.

Note: This is an Alpha build, it's heavily lacking in features. Not a single Ninjutsu has been created, heavily lacking in equipment, etc... I'm releasing this now, however, so I can get feedback as to what should get worked on sooner rather than later.

Entity Summery:
Both civilization and adventurer mode have been enabled, however only civilization has been lightly tested.  Both should be playable, however no Ninjutsu have been implemented, so Adv. mode is pretty useless. Currently they copy directly from the Human RAWs, but defined in their own file.  This is so later I can create castes for certain ninja with different Ninjutsu (Ex: One specializes in focusing Chakra in lightning-release, while another one in Explosion-release). They're renamed, 'Ninja,' as well, because of confusion with humans and ninja.

Every ninja now spawns with their *basic* element; these are the 4 basic elements. You can see what element they specialize in by their description, if it starts with 'Looks,' it currently has a basic element; if it starts with 'Appears' it has specialized in a more specific release.

Weapons:
You'll have to excuse the lack of detail and weapons, this is the first release. >.>
Spoiler: Kunai (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Shuriken (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Senbon (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Tanto (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Cleaver Sword (click to show/hide)

Clothing and Armor:
Again, please excuse the lack of numbers and detail. :c

Spoiler: Flak Jacket (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Full Body Suit (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Cloak (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Headband (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Straw Hat (click to show/hide)

Ninjutsu:
* These may or may not actually be working at the moment; however the AI does use them :D
Core Jutsu (All Ninja have these):
Spoiler: Body Replacement Jutsu (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Rope Escape Technique (click to show/hide)

Fire Release (Basic Element):
- None atm; Chakra is created though.

Wind Release (Basic Element):

Water Release (Basic Element):

Ground Release (Basic Element):

Plans:
Next update (0.03A) is going to, hopefully, be the big huge Chakra and Ninjutsu update! I have full intentions of getting a decent system of Ninjutsu up, rather than the, 'demo,' that's in the current version.  So, for now I'm going to start coming up with ideas for various releases, and they'll be listed here:

• Lightning: Water and Wind.  Ex: Chidori
  • Intensive Heat: Fire.  Will act as a merge of Lava/Scorching/Blaze, etc...
  • More to come

Also adding a few nice things to promote living in actual villages above ground. :P

Changelog:
Spoiler: You Know What It Is (click to show/hide)

Download

Please remember, the entire reason this was posted, is so I could get feedback as to what should be worked on when, and any new ideas.  I'd love feedback, thanks~! :D

Rest of this is a reserve:

Toxicshadow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • github
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2013, 11:37:52 pm »

I have plans for more stuff, this too is a reserve<3

Who knows, might need it. Every post allows upto 40k characters, which goes by fast in changelogs.
I need to reorganize these posts though, right now they're just copy/pastes lol.

DebraFowler

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2013, 06:56:56 am »

I have finals the 13th and 14th, but after that Im free.  I proooomise I'll get something nice up by next monday~!

So with summer break coming up, I intend to do quite a bit of modding; rather than having 6000 threads all running around, I'm going to cram them into one thread. I'll update the beginning of the title with the most current updated mod, so as that you dun have to check every time. I'll also keep a list at the top, right here:

• PlayableCiv+: 0.05A (No update)
  • Pokefables Revived: I don't remember so let's go with 1.0 (No update)
  • Naruto: Way of the Fortress 0.02A (No update)

Main reason everything came to a halt is because of school; I get out the 14th of this month, so I'll be able to actually do stuff. In terms of my order of operations, I think I want to update Pokefables (I have a lot done already), then continue playing with Naruto. I want to play with PC+ a bit, not sure what I'll do with it though. I think once I get some core Jutsu done with Naruto, it's going to become my DF Hack testing grounds (That's a good thing), Pokefables will be a mod I intend to update atleast partially regularly, and PC+ will just lurk in the background as always.
Anyways, on to the threads for the mods:
Oh and these are currently direct copy/pastes

** Playable Civ+: [0.05A][Unknown Date]

Hello, today I'm releasing an early alpha version of an ambitious mod in progress. This mod (PlayableCiv+) is meant to give you a little bit more of a variety on whom you play as, rather than the same old drunk dwarfs and useless pissy snobs nobles. Rather than making it a total conversion mod where it includes everything in your possible imagination and more, it's going to focus on playable races themselves. I also aim for this to be more of an expansion mod, and limiting file replacing. But of course it will include some custom buildings and weapons and such... for variety in races. They will be full races, with languages and all.

Use Legends mode to find a civilization of a preferable race.

I suppose I should start with the first made playable race:

Elves:
Permitted jobs:
Permitted Tasks:
Nobles
Druid
Acolyte
Princess
Queen
Ranger Commander
Ranger Captain
Expedition Leader
Highest Herbalist
Courier
Example city design and tips
Racial Bonuses/Features
Next is the first custom race:
Satyrs:
Also, to make a military in the start: Go to the Nobles page, appoint a Warparty Leader from there. Then you can go to the Military screen and create a squad under him.
Permitted Jobs:
Permitted Tasks:
Nobles:
Chief
Warlord
Chief's Assistant
Spirit:
Warparty Leader:
Trader:
Expedition Leader
Racial Bonuses/Features:

Antmen:
Permitted Jobs:
Permitted Tasks:
Nobles
Ant's favor election.
Queen:
General:
Medic
Trader
Captain:
Expedition Leader:

Credits:

Planned:
Download:
Changelog:
v0.05A
V0.04A:
V0.03.2A:
V0.03.1A:
V0.03A(July 4, 2012):
V0.01A(July 1, 2012):
If you had V0.01A you should have a file called "reactions_civ+.txt" As long as the 's' is at the end of 'reactions' it is safe to delete that file. Don't delete the fixed version called 'reaction_civ+.txt'
Please, if you have ANY suggestions, post them. I really do appreciate comments/suggestions/constructive criticism.
Also if you find any problems post them and I'll get right to fixing them.

** Pokefables Revived: [1.0?][Unknown Date]

a mod by Monk12 and Old Greg - necro'd/continued by Toxicshadow, with permission from Monk12 and Old Greg

***Adventure Mode Download***
For DF v0.34.11(Current)

Daddy, daddy, tell us a story!
Alright, which one would you like to hear?
I want to hear Growlithe and the Necromancer's Tower!
That one's stupid! I want to hear the Voyages of Lapras!
But we wanted to hear about how Pikachu came to be Sheriff of Gemweavers!
Settle down, we have time for all those stories! Now, our story begins a long time ago, when the world was young, the gods were many and the lands were plagued by terrible creatures of the night...

What is Pokemon Fables?

The conceit is simple- what if Beowulf or Lord of the Rings were written in the world of Pokemon? Quite simply, you'd have Grendel being slain by a Pikachu with his Sword of Flames, or Squirtle, Charmander, and Bulbasaur joining forces to break the siege of Minas Tirith. The goal of this mod is simply to make such a world possible through the addition of new items, civs, interactions, and of course, Pokemon.

Now, Monk12 and Old Greg have spent a lot of time and tremendous amounts of effort in this mod, too much to let die. I've come to revive and continue this mod in the glory it became and is to be. I won't be half-assing it, nor will I try and cut corners, I'd like to keep this mod alive and well, and thorough. I plan on adding the rest of the first Gen pokemon, then second gen, then some 3rd gen. I, most likely, won't be getting into diamond(4th gen) and up.

Yeah, but what exactly have you actually done?

Fort Mode Features -I'll begin updating this when/if I get permission from Old Greg, if anyone would like to help me with Fort Mode, just post.

That's cool and all, but it doesn't seem like much.

It isn't- right now, we have merely a fraction of our final features implemented. This mod will be actively developed to include evolutions, items, crafting, enchantments, and of course loads and loads of new Pokemon to bring on your adventures.

Current Adventure Mode Development- the evolutions of the Kanto starters as well as the ability to evolve in-game.

Well, adventure mode is cool and all, but I'm really more of a Fortress Mode person. Just wait a little while...

There are obvious discrepancies between how things work in Adventure Mode, and how they work in Fortress Mode, in some cases irreconcilably so. To that end, this mod features two different downloads you can choose from- one optimized for Fortress Mode, and one for Adventure Mode. Fortress Mode RAWS will focus on dwarves building a society and capturing wild Pokemon to help them survive, while Adventure Mode RAWS will focus on adventuring as a Civilized Pokemon in a world of Night Creatures, hostile civs, and brutish, barbarian Wild Pokemon.

That's really interesting! I've got some ideas too...

We are more than happy to hear requests for specific items, functionality, and of course favorite Pokemon to be included.

I'm sold! How do I get started?

Download the Latest Adventure Mode Version, or Fortress Mode if you'd rather wait on the fortress mode, just wait, and you're ready to go! The following is a list of Pokemon and Techniques currently in the game, with detailed information and strategies to help you on your journey. Note that the starters are rather small by human standards, which makes them noticeably weaker in melee combat- Pokemon are adventurous spirits, however, and it shouldn't be too hard to get a party of companions with useful skills to help you even the odds!

Spoiler: Pokedex (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Techniques (click to show/hide)

Now go! Your very own Pokemon Legend is about to unfold! A world of dreams and adventures with Pokemon awaits! Onward to glory!
However don't expect an update for a little while because due to the, in my opinion, messyness of both fortmode and adv. mode files, I have to clean them up and merge them. They're messy to me just because the files were mean't for 2 people, 1 knows most of 1 thing, and the other knows most of the other thing. I don't know most of either, but I can assume/figure out what does what. And it's messy. lol

Next post![/color][/u]
Hello friend I would love to join can I? Please reply as I am getting really bored in this summers and I am really excited to join
« Last Edit: July 28, 2013, 11:43:15 am by DebraFowler »

Iceblaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% less in-jokes!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2013, 02:53:20 pm »

Hmm...

ETA on fort mode for the pokemon mod?

Anyway, these mods look cool(Hell the naruto mod looks like something I'd play and I don't watch Naruto) so I might try them out, however as I am a workaholic(:P) I have other things to do at the moment.