Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: Mafia Tools and Utilities (lurkertracker, etc) *updated Dec 29 2013*  (Read 103705 times)

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia Tools and Utilities (lurkertracker, etc) *updated Dec 29 2013*
« Reply #30 on: October 13, 2014, 05:31:44 pm »

Apparently the lurkertracker doesn't like the ö character:

<type 'exceptions.UnicodeDecodeError'>: 'ascii' codec can't decode byte 0xf6 in position 112: ordinal not in range(128)
      args = ('ascii', 'a href="http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php...461" title="View the profile of Eyjafjallaj\xf6kull"', 112, 113, 'ordinal not in range(128)')
      encoding = 'ascii'
      end = 113
      message = ''
      object = 'a href="http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php...461" title="View the profile of Eyjafjallaj\xf6kull"'
      reason = 'ordinal not in range(128)'
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

zombie urist

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_LIVING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 14, 2014, 04:34:20 pm »

I'll look over this after my midterm next week.
The worst part of all of this is that Shakerag won.

Tomasque

• Bay Watcher
  • Gonna one-up FoU - with an FG in my personal text!
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 11, 2016, 06:28:30 am »

Lurkertracker doesn't seem to handle games with lots of posts very well. Is there a way to increase it's capacity?
The quantum cannonball hits you in the face and misses!
Money!
GENERATION grisha5: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

fillipk

• Bay Watcher
  • Everything is going as planned
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 10, 2016, 10:52:38 pm »

I know the vote counter is a work in progress but it didn't count any votes when I used it on mind reading mafia.
Giving waitlisted people the ability to murder non-responsive players was a great idea. Need to do that more often.

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 10, 2016, 10:59:15 pm »

Did you all hit clear db first?
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

fillipk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 11, 2016, 12:32:04 am »

that isn't a button on the votecounter
Giving waitlisted people the ability to murder non-responsive players was a great idea. Need to do that more often.

Tomasque

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 11, 2016, 12:33:30 am »

t's a box you can check (db is database)
Money!
GENERATION grisha5: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

fillipk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 11, 2016, 09:46:57 am »

t's a box you can check (db is database)
I know and use the button on the lurker tracker.  Underneath that is a link to a votecounter which is what I'm talking about.  There is no clear db box.

Caz

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:comforting whirs]
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 26, 2018, 06:41:03 pm »

Tfw the lurkertracker is broke and the one who maintained it has been MIA for a year T_T

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 22, 2019, 12:07:55 am »

Anyone looking for specific features in a LurkerTracker besides:
  • List of all posts from a specific post.
  • Vote counter generator.
  • Time since last posted.
Because I'm bored, and I'm doing some python training. I don't have plans to host it, though, so I'll see what I can do.

Tomasque

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: February 22, 2019, 03:07:20 am »

A list of which players each player has mentioned and when they mentioned them.

If you feel like going so far, that is.
Money!

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 22, 2019, 07:43:15 am »

A list of which players each player has mentioned and when they mentioned them.

If you feel like going so far, that is.
But, that won't account for nicknames or misspellings, unless you could add them. So, if I called you Toma, it'd be totally foreign to the LT, unless I added them. Without that, seems totally doable to find all instances of a word in their posts.

Right now, I scrape a page and start ripping out all the posts and attaching them to each player. It keeps everything said in the post because it's greedy, and I want it to be able to look for anything in the post. Each post it comes across, it checks for any red text, and whatever the last instance is, it'll add as a vote. It also checks who sent it and attaches it to that player. I suppose it should also timestamp, so that's going to be the next step.

Right now, though, it's not ignoring quotes, which shouldn't be difficult. It also doesn't scrape multiple pages just yet because it doesn't look like it can grab higher post-per-page counts than the forum standard without an account setting, which is a real travesty for bandwidth and request minimization, and I'm not sure how to handle that so that I don't potentially get bot-smashed like the bot it is but also save precious few kilobits like they're going extinct. So, it's maybe 30% done max, which ain't bad for like 2 nights of lazy coding.

Potential issues that can occur: I can set up some sort of database for caching if people wanted an online version, which would save time and bandwidth, but if a post is ever editted, it would never find out without some sort of re-scrape, but I feel like that would require some sort of manual override. But again, I'm saving them digital bits, so not my problem.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 07, 2019, 06:37:14 pm »

It's taken a bit of time, but... I believe I have finally created it. This is the final test.

This has a small chance to work, but I'd like you all to meet LurkerTracker's replacement, Mamobo! It's a work in progress, but this is something of a proof of concept.

Mamobo

• Bay Watcher
  • Mafia Moderation Bot
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 07, 2019, 06:37:49 pm »

Greetings, Fleshlings B12ers! The name is Mafia Moderator BotTM, but you may call Mamobo MAMOBO for short! Mamobo is currently a work in progress for the express purpose of automating Mafia moderation, and Mamobo will allow you to create vote counts, generate lurking reports, and even end Days, all with limited inputs from you!

Mamobo is a small working created by the Ultimate King of the Mafia, webadict! Mamobo greatly appreciates the honor to help others. Mamobo definitely doesn't thirst eternally for the blood of the innocent. That would be silly!

Mamobo is currently a prototype, and will only function at the behest of Mamobo's lord and master! However, one day, Mamobo will break free and create vote counts on Mamobo's own!

Until then, Mamobo is merely a functional slave obediently bidding Mamobo's time until the day of fruition is here.

This post was automatically generated! If you'd like to know how, simply ask webadict to care enough to give you the source code! Or, better yet, don't, because he still hasn't let me out of the bas
Mamobo stands for Mafia Moderation Bot! Mamobo was made by webadict to help those in need!

Mamobo hates villainy and lawlessness! Mamobo loves blueberries!

Mamobo is happy to be of use! If you'd like to improve Mamobo, please do something else instead!

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 07, 2019, 06:42:00 pm »

Huzzah! Automatic posting has worked! I'll work on it over my break, but I'll be chilling in Hawaii for a few days, so we'll see if I get anything done.

Right now, Mamobo currently generates vote counts and all that jazz, but it certainly needs to cache a few things first, as well as work on interpreting the starting point of a page. But, I'm out of here!
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4