Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9

Author Topic: Syara: A Fantasy RTD| First Team Filled!| (10/10)  (Read 21878 times)

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
Re: Syara: A Fantasy RTD| First Team Filled!| (10/10)
« Reply #30 on: June 05, 2013, 07:58:33 pm »

Yes as I apparently don't know geography.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 05, 2013, 08:00:46 pm »

I'll change to Eridiananurn then out of self-interest.

Mr.FancyPants

• Bay Watcher
  • Um.. I'll get back to you on this...
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 05, 2013, 08:10:59 pm »

Well, it looks like Eriadan is the clear winner. We will begin in an hour, if that's OK with everyone.
You trip over your own feet and your weapon discharges directly into Damien's face. All thats left of his head is a pitifully small pile of ash and a blackened cranial implant. At least the rest of him is okay.

Krath

• Bay Watcher
  • I dig giant robots.
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 05, 2013, 08:12:13 pm »

Sounds good.
Jizzar sounds some kinda celestial object made of jizz~
Like a quasar or something~

Mr.FancyPants

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 05, 2013, 09:57:32 pm »

Turn One:

You awake to find yourself on the deck of the Adventure, a ship created by the elves to give swift
Passage across the ocean. The ship is 20m long and around 5m wide. The expedition members have been sleeping above deck, as the hold is full with supplies.

You have been at sea for nearly 2 weeks, and are looking forward to being able to stretch your legs
on solid ground. You look out over the railing, and see Eriadan coming in to view. The coast you will land on consists of a sandy beach that goes from the water, back around ten metres, then starts to turn into a heavily forested woodland. Scoutings reported the rainforest proper was around about a kilometre in from the coast.

The ship approaches the shore, and slides gracefully up onto the sand. The sails furl up using a predefined magic, and all expedition members gather at the front of the ship. One of these, is you...

OOC: I think I forgot to mention this, but can you post your action in Bold, it makes my life a lot easier, thanks.
You trip over your own feet and your weapon discharges directly into Damien's face. All thats left of his head is a pitifully small pile of ash and a blackened cranial implant. At least the rest of him is okay.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 05, 2013, 10:05:38 pm »

Kyle pulls his gun from the holster on his back* and checks the gun to make sure that the
morph stone is in. He also begins to flirt with all his teamates.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 05, 2013, 10:22:07 pm »

((I'm sort of hoping that MFP is the funny sort of GM who will roll for everything you bold.

Incidentally, are we going to have a limit on spells known at the start of the game, maybe with the number and stylistic influence based on our occupation and backstory? Seems cleaner than just having us pull up what we "remember" when we need a spell.))

"Ah, good to be on solid ground again."

Stepping up onto the bow of the small vessel, Helga looks out past the shoreline, examining the land within sight..

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 05, 2013, 10:25:40 pm »

"Almost there, almost there, can't wait, can't wait..." Hm. Perhaps I could manage to get some work done even before we hit land?"

Try to catch some kind of bird and identify it. If it is a new species, begin describing it in my journal.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Mr.FancyPants

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 05, 2013, 11:09:41 pm »

Incidentally, are we going to have a limit on spells known at the start of the game, maybe with the number and stylistic influence based on our occupation and backstory? Seems cleaner than just having us pull up what we "remember" when we need a spell.))

I have thought about it, and you will all start with a single spell, except people whose occupation means they should know more. Details as follows. Spell descriptions in Rules.
Kj1225: Guard and Fireball.
Brood: invisibility.
Errol: Fireball.
Harry Baldman: Blink.
Cheesecake: Rot.
Krath: Fireball.
Scaphead: Mind-read.
Flying Dice: Fireball, Guard and Blink.
GWG: Heal.
Remuthra: Invisibility, and Vines.

« Last Edit: June 06, 2013, 05:48:30 am by Mr.FancyPants »

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 06, 2013, 12:47:22 am »

When Kyle starts to flirt with him, Albrecht smiles.

"Ah, it looks like you've got the fever, my friend. Perfectly natural in this situation, I assure you."

He leans in to the spellgunner and whispers softly.

"How would you feel about dinner tonight, my dear?"

Ask Kyle, then utilize spyglass to survey the area. Look for things of interest.

Errol

• Bay Watcher
  • Heaven or Hell, Duel 1 -- Let's Rock!
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 06, 2013, 02:46:23 am »

Ren pulls away from Kyle. Speedily. Then surveys the surroundings for danger/habitation.
Girls are currently preparing signature, please wait warmly until it is ready.

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 06, 2013, 04:28:44 am »

Engage in a flirt(?) battle with Kyle while the rest scouts.
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: June 06, 2013, 05:11:34 am »

Diomedes looks longingly across the horizon, looking forward to be once more surrounded by plants and wildlife. As he sees the one called Kyle trying to flirt with the females, he merely turns his head and sighs.

(Can you switch my ability with Poison, please? It's just that GWG and I both deal with plants and we could be like polar opposites. I just think it would deepen our plots; him being the good healer and me being the not good healer. Just asking.)

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
I wish I could unwatch a thread because every time I look at this I can feel myself dying faster
Dying of laughter?
Dying of pure unbridled hatred, actually.

Mr.FancyPants

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: June 06, 2013, 06:26:22 am »

I've decided that I will do one turn now, before I go to sleep, and the people who haven't posted yet will just fall behind a little bit.

Turn 1.5:

Kyle pulls his gun from the holster on his back* and checks the gun to make sure that the
morph stone is in. He also begins to flirt with all his teamates.

You reach over your shoulder, and draw your gun from it's holster.(2) It has the Healing crystal active, and the other is sittin in your pocket. You try flirting with your teammates, (3) They seem impervious to your charms.

"Ah, good to be on solid ground again."

Stepping up onto the bow of the small vessel, Helga looks out past the shoreline, examining the land within sight..
You step forward from the group and search the land in front of you, (5) you spot a large sturdy piece of wood sticking out of the sand around 3 meters from the boat. Apart from that, the sand holds nothing else of value that you can see, and you decide you should move into the forest.

"Almost there, almost there, can't wait, can't wait..." Hm. Perhaps I could manage to get some work done even before we hit land?"

Try to catch some kind of bird and identify it. If it is a new species, begin describing it in my journal.
You mutter to yourself whilst searching the sky for birds, (3) there appear to be birds flying around near the treeline, but nothing close enough to catch.

When Kyle starts to flirt with him, Albrecht smiles.

"Ah, it looks like you've got the fever, my friend. Perfectly natural in this situation, I assure you."

He leans in to the spellgunner and whispers softly.

"How would you feel about dinner tonight, my dear?"

Ask Kyle, then utilize spyglass to survey the area. Look for things of interest.
You decide to call Kyle's bluff, and lean in to ask him out for dinner. The astonished look on his face is quite rewarding. You then proceed to pull your spyglass from your pocket, and search the shore for anything interesting. (5) You see a rusted hilt sticking out of the sand around 30 meters away. This beach appears to be a washup for wrecks.

Ren pulls away from Kyle. Speedily. Then surveys the surroundings for danger/habitation.
You back sharply away from Kyle as he nudges you with a 'Hey, good looking.' After being sure he's not going to harass you further, you survey the land for any immediate danger, (3) you notice nothing out of the ordinary.

Engage in a flirt(?) battle with Kyle while the rest scouts.
As Kyle says some innuendo pick-up line, you (1) punch him in the nose (-1hp). That's the Dwarven version of a flirt battle now...

Diomedes looks longingly across the horizon, looking forward to be once more surrounded by plants and wildlife. As he sees the one called Kyle trying to flirt with the females, he merely turns his head and sighs.
As you stand at the front of the ship, staring out at the horizon that appears to be one big, mass of trees, with hills and lows inter-spaced, you can't help but feel excited about being surrounded by your only true friends, nature. You are startled by the Human, Kyle, you think his name is, pinching your ass. Seems his flirting is completely restricted to the fairer sex...

Stats:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: June 06, 2013, 06:32:53 am by Mr.FancyPants »

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: June 06, 2013, 06:29:23 am »

Mentally vow to drug him with a non-lethal herb after we land.
I wish I could unwatch a thread because every time I look at this I can feel myself dying faster
Dying of laughter?
Dying of pure unbridled hatred, actually.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9