Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 13

Author Topic: Gods of Bay12: OOC Thread  (Read 30927 times)

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
Re: Gods of Bay12: OOC Thread
« Reply #45 on: June 05, 2013, 10:18:53 pm »

Hey Persus, can you PM us when we have come into being? It'd be better than frantically searching the update.
Sure, also I need to edit the gods and all that.

...what kind of edits?
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: June 05, 2013, 10:25:31 pm »

Hey Persus, can you PM us when we have come into being? It'd be better than frantically searching the update.
Sure, also I need to edit the gods and all that.

...what kind of edits?

add the new ones and add links. Also maybe if someone could get a wiki up.

So what do the gods do now?
keep trying to do stuff, until the story wraps up, which will be after life happens permanently. However, some gods will have to be relegated to the sidelines at different parts of the story.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: June 05, 2013, 10:28:06 pm »

Can we make shit happen in the present?

Playergamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dance dance hadoken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: June 06, 2013, 08:39:51 am »

Persus, sacrifice one of those games to me, will you?
A troll, most likely...But I hate not feeding the animals. Let the games begin.
Ya fuckin' wanker.   

My sigtext

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: June 06, 2013, 09:36:15 am »

Persus, sacrifice one of those games to me, will you?
what, and burn 30 bucks worth of a game I like? Not a chance. Also, monopoly and By Jove don't really involve much skill.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: June 08, 2013, 06:37:09 pm »

I believe this is a discussion for the OC thread
Sorry. I forgot it existed...in part due to the lack of link in the OP, hint hint.

((It's actually more analogus to fruit drawing nutrients out of the soil only to be crushed and the nutrients in the fruit transferred back into the ground whenever a fruit ripens.))
(Not so. The Something is a waste product of the Void Plague's metabolism.)
(Just as the nutrients are the product of the fruit. The Void eats the Something and makes more Void.))
((And then the Plague, multiplied by previous feeding, eats the Void again.
...If we weren't both gods, the laws of thermodynamics would have shut this whole thing down long ago.))
((And excretes more Something, and the Void devours that, making more Void in the process. I haven't stopped the plague, but I have tied it up.))
Not so. See, there's as much Void as there can be, in part because of the confinedness of the Void within Xanavos and in part because of the definition of Void. Hence, when the Void Plague makes less Void and its waste is consumed by the Void, all the latter does is make up its losses...meaning that there's more Void Plague eating the same amount of Void.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: June 08, 2013, 07:42:41 pm »

The Void Plague, however, converts void into substance, right? If that's true, then the Void Plague will never get anywhere because the void will consume whatever it excretes.
Into more void.
Eventually it'll stop.
Plus due to the nature of the void, Xavanos' body is infinite (because player fiat), so I have forever to deal with this.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: June 08, 2013, 07:46:01 pm »

The Void Plague, however, converts void into substance, right? If that's true, then the Void Plague will never get anywhere because the void will consume whatever it excretes.
Into more void.
Eventually it'll stop.

I don't think it will stop.  I think it will be an eternal war that is occuring.  Civilization will develop within the band of substance between devour and creation, and if it reaches space-faring levels, then there will be eternal wanderers who are perpetually running from the devouring.  Might provide some interesting lore.
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: June 08, 2013, 08:34:13 pm »

Into more void.
Eventually it'll stop.
Plus due to the nature of the void, Xavanos' body is infinite (because player fiat), so I have forever to deal with this.
Not true. The Void Plague reproduces, like all life does. That means that it will be consuming more and more void. Void, not being a reproducing population of organisms, will have a pretty constant rate of decay on the Something that exists. Exponential growth versus linear decay.
And why would it stop?
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: June 08, 2013, 08:38:38 pm »

Because the Void Plague turns all that nothing into something. Which is them converted into more void by the void, leaving you with the exact same amount of void that you started with, no matter how many void plagueoids there are.
Sig! Onol

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: June 08, 2013, 08:47:37 pm »

At this point, I'd say that it's up to the GM to decide which way it goes, you two.

He should be the one to decide on all this stuff, anyway.
Quote from: Wing, via Discord
I want a coat that doesn't make me look like a rear admiral from the East India Company

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: June 08, 2013, 08:51:26 pm »

At this point, I'd say that it's up to the GM to decide which way it goes, you two.

That is true, but it's a god game tradition to argue into endless futility about pointless topics that make no sense.
Sig! Onol

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: June 08, 2013, 09:05:17 pm »

That is true, but it's a god game tradition to argue into endless futility about pointless topics that make no sense.

And for others to post their views which are quickly ignored.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: June 08, 2013, 09:08:38 pm »

And for others to post their views which are quickly ignored.
Tis a garden of rage we run here. It is a known fact that od games give the players god-sized egos.
Sig! Onol

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: June 08, 2013, 09:11:42 pm »

Tis a garden of rage we run here. It is a known fact that od games give the players god-sized egos.

True.  Though you have to admit my approach gives a middle ground that provides interesting lore.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 13